Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Armacham posted:

Dude this just happened to me be and my Rav4. It got totalled and I somehow made $4k.

I also spent a week in the hospital with bilateral dissection of my vertebral arteries, so it's all a wash I guess.

It's amazing. Earlier this year I helped a friend fix some stuff on his car (a pretty old Audi with a 5-speed) so he could sell it. Not only did he end up selling it in two weeks, but he sold it for more than he was asking for and literally had people emailing him with offers above his list price. Just loving crazy.

Sorry about your accident tho :(

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Their is no point in even looking at the used market for a 4Runner or Tacoma, you might as well just buy new, better financing rates too.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/exclusive-tiger-cub-archegos-liquidation-015109185.html

The common thread is defunct Tiger Asia Management LLC founder Bill Hwang, who now runs Archegos Capital. His fund was and may still be an large owner of shares in both ViacomCBS and Discovery. Mr. Hwang did not respond to phone calls, emails, or Bloomberg messages sent by IPO Edge.

Mr. Hwang’s fund is known employing leverage, meaning it borrows to invest in more securities than it could own with its own capital. One person familiar with the matter said Mr. Hwang’s fund received a margin call from one of the investment banks – not necessarily Morgan Stanley or Goldman Sachs – and was unable to meet it. As a result, that bank and others began to liquidate stocks owned by Archegos.

Several other stocks swooned Friday for no apparent reason, but may be related to Mr. Hwang’s fund, which focuses on telecom, media, and technology, or TMT.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

most stocks are bought on leverage, so even a small increase in rates could cause a margin call

PawParole has issued a correction as of 13:40 on Mar 27, 2021

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Stole from gbs but who care

https://twitter.com/bencjenkins/status/1375575310461063168?s=20

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

lol

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Number go up, so what?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Lol millions per hour maybe

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

ive seen probably a hundred charts I don’t understand where the line goes way up or down at the end and it’s all just different ways of saying poo poo is super hosed but it doesn’t matter

yet

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

How is it a random rear end fundie preacher in Alberta in the 1930s had better ideas how to fix things than either the entire US or Canadian governments today.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Rutibex posted:

isn't that because upper middle class in Brazil have a servant?

very observant - having modern appliances in emulation to an American living standard imagined by them means having the dishwasher and the housemaid

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

PawParole posted:

stocks swooned Friday for no apparent reason

every time I read finance gobbledygook I end up reverting to this as my baseline

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Gunshow Poophole posted:

every time I read finance gobbledygook I end up reverting to this as my baseline

some idiot rich dude bought a lot of stocks using borrowed money and went bankrupt when number went down for a bit (it went up again)

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/mormon-church-100-billion-fund-buys-tesla-stock-grows-stake-2021-3-1030251777

Mormon Church bought a billon dollars worth of tesla . why does a church have 100 billon dollars?

PawParole has issued a correction as of 15:50 on Mar 27, 2021

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Imaging tithing to an organization funded by a conman that has a $100 billion investment fund

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

PawParole posted:

Mormon Church bought tesla . why does a church have 100 billon dollars?

a little bit of gumption and living within its means

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

the PPP program was basically a world historical handout of money directly from the government to churches lol, and they were rich as gently caress before that

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

Fame Douglas posted:

Imaging tithing to an organization funded by a conman that has a $100 billion investment fund

this is my college asking for donations

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

PawParole posted:

why does a church have 100 billon dollars?

i wonder how many shares of tesla the catholic church owns

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

https://twitter.com/Clipart1994bot/status/1375812653755592707?s=19

Credit Suisse potentially lost $3 billion due to Greensill collapsing. David Cameron was an u registered lobbiest for Greensill.

Edit: I found this blog post that was an interesting breakdown of some aspects of Greensill: https://www.behindthebalancesheet.com/blog-1/greensill-revisited

Mr Hootington has issued a correction as of 16:07 on Mar 27, 2021

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

PawParole posted:

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/mormon-church-100-billion-fund-buys-tesla-stock-grows-stake-2021-3-1030251777

Mormon Church bought a billon dollars worth of tesla . why does a church have 100 billon dollars?

the only cool thing about the mormon church is free college for your kids if you tithe

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Rutibex posted:

i wonder how many shares of tesla the catholic church owns

the catholic church owns counties worth of land and real estate, it doesn't waste time on "stock" like a parvenu

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The Mormon church owns tons of real estate as well.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
https://twitter.com/ChuckTingle/status/1375812117190746112?s=20

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Mr Hootington posted:

https://twitter.com/Clipart1994bot/status/1375812653755592707?s=19

Credit Suisse potentially lost $3 billion due to Greensill collapsing. David Cameron was an u registered lobbiest for Greensill.

Edit: I found this blog post that was an interesting breakdown of some aspects of Greensill: https://www.behindthebalancesheet.com/blog-1/greensill-revisited

so reading through this and the previous articles about it I'm having a hard time seeing why anyone would go along with Supply Chain Finance poo poo outside of already existing invoices owed by companies riding the edge of bankruptcy.

or companies cooking the books of course

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

now that’s loving funny

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Who owns Evergreen? This, plus the "charting a dick course" just before running REALLY aground almost seems like sabotage, which would be incredibly Cool.

Unless this poo poo happens literally all the time and this is the first time it's received coverage, in which case disregard.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Tubgoat posted:

Who owns Evergreen? This, plus the "charting a dick course" just before running REALLY aground almost seems like sabotage, which would be incredibly Cool.

Unless this poo poo happens literally all the time and this is the first time it's received coverage, in which case disregard.

I believe it is a Taiwanese company

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Japanese owned, panama registered, Taiwan origin, Dutch built

no one responsible clearly

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Charterer is responsible yo.

edit that is Evergreen.

and yes Taiwanese company.

Bar Ran Dun has issued a correction as of 17:25 on Mar 27, 2021

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/nope_its_lily/status/1375597265633472513

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

actionjackson posted:

I believe it is a Taiwanese company

Mao was right about the RoC

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Tubgoat posted:

Drawing a dick with your course is actually very common, bored OOD's did it in the night steam box all the time.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

ya so spot vol on SPY and the largest components of the index shot through the roof, causing... spot VIX to crater. It's rad, the disconnect is hilarious

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

good content

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Paradoxish posted:

It's amazing. Earlier this year I helped a friend fix some stuff on his car (a pretty old Audi with a 5-speed) so he could sell it. Not only did he end up selling it in two weeks, but he sold it for more than he was asking for and literally had people emailing him with offers above his list price. Just loving crazy.

Sorry about your accident tho :(

are manual transmission cars that much better than automatic though? I live in europe where MT is practically the norm and I've always seen it as a hassle and automatics as better. although I don't drive so I have no personal experience with either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

hybrid and electric are the nail in the coffin of manual.