Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017
This most recent round of... deals? Is most exciting to watch through at least.
Has the fallout of this reign resulted in the noble houses trying to emulate the kingdom's financial plans? Have the noble houses devolved into the third act of The Producers? Is everyone trying to crab-bucket the other houses? All remains unclear. House Cyfoeth finds itself comfortably entwined with two deals at the moment, and we only have so many hands with which to shake with partners in agreement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Blastinus posted:

Foreman

This is amazingly ridiculous and I accept. Just hope my housemates don't lynch me for it.

Witnessed!

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

He's a mean one, Mr. Roy.

Quackles posted:

[waves] Hey! TravelLog hasn't been on for a while. We're still trying to get in touch with him. Apologies for the delay.

Sorry! Work has been crazy lately. I am still around. I support my colleagues deputization as well.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
Assuming these deals bring an end to the reign, no matter what other titles Queen Thymeris picks up, I propose "Fomenter of Strife".

I've had this idea for a bit longer, but we should also start grading "generosity" on a tiered system based on the "real" wealth value (counting out from center). -1 to -4 gets "The Charitable". -5 to -8 is everyone's favorite "The Generous". <-8 is "The Frivolous".

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Not bad. Think there’s a slot in there for “The Prodigal“?

C...
Jan 22, 2008

Tootin the Doom Flute has led the Kingdom of Ankist into a new age of illumination. Every morning, people wake up and open palm slam a woodwind instrument into their mouth. It is the Doom Flute and right then and there they start playing the notes. They play every note, and they play every note hard
Thymeris Arachne, for her eight Ayes?

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

I didn't fight through two wars to rule
I fought for the future of the world

And the right to have hot tea whenever I wanted

Blastinus posted:

Foreman

This is amazingly ridiculous and I accept. Just hope my housemates don't lynch me for it.

Senator

"What."

The elderly monocled nobleman stares at Blastinus as he hears this, one of the few things he has heard clearly in years. He stands up and picks up his seat.

"Why? You throw away a fortune for spite! Kill you for this!"

And now he's chasing Blastinus.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Second Cousin Thrice Removed

Ho ho ho! I enjoy this skullduggery and profligacy greatly. The whole business of a war going on and religious struggles and foreign relations and all that? Boring I say! Money is meant to be spent in lavish fashion for fun! And what fun this has been to watch!

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

Bringing the forums together with the greatest thread!

Sitting Councilmember

Once again, the council turns toward heresy for mere political gain. We know how to pass when the odds are stacked against us, but neither the people of Ankist nor the Mother will forgive you.

()

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012

Senator

I lost track of what exactly is going on about five deals ago. Someone let me know when we get back to spending coin on proper decisions, like lavish parties for the nobility.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Quackles posted:

Oh, OK. Let’s rewrite it.

House Pinchay will immediately pay House Cyfoeth 6 Coins to spend 10 Power in Aye. They will also pay House Daucus 9 Coins to spend 5 Power on Aye, but payment will only be made at the start of the next Dilemma if the current Queen is still in office.

Note that Coins are transferred to House C immediately on Deal acceptance.

As a reminder, this deal has NOT yet been publicly accepted (or refused) by Cyfoeth and a deal is not in place until it is accepted by all parties. It seems there may be some uncertainty about the outcome of the deal - certain parties have voted as if the deal was in place, but some have not done so. So I'll delay the update until the outcome of the deal is clear for everyone and everyone has had time to correct their vote according to its effectivness of the deal, or lack thereof. It'll not be possible to strike new deals in the meantime - just agree/refuse to this one and vote after the consequences are known.

I would really like to avoid a separate window for deals in the future, but since this is the first time the problem has occured, we should be good for now.

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Apr 2, 2021

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017

Sitting Councilmember

Unfortunately we've already shaken so many hands already to get the deals in place that another would require an additional arm.
House Cyfoeth declines, courteously, the tripartite deal with Pinchay/Daucus.

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
:rolldice:
Crap.

Foreman

Fair enough then. House Pinchay will keep its money, and my esteemed colleague can stop beating me with his chair. It was worth a try though.

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

Bringing the forums together with the greatest thread!

Uh wait, which deals are still standing now? I'm a bit lost in this web of intrigue.

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
:rolldice:
Crap.

Covski posted:

Uh wait, which deals are still standing now? I'm a bit lost in this web of intrigue.

Foreman

Houses Daucus and Cyfoeth are paying each other 1 gold to invest 15 total power in Aye and Cyfoeth is paying Gambol 6 gold to Pass. House Pinchay has grudgingly withdrawn its offers and is just waiting for the results. I think that's it.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Covski posted:

Ignorance is bliss 🐍

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Really?

We could have had a perfect tie and both gained Prestige.

Or House Gambol could have snaffled it. That's not possible now, at least.

Quackles fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Apr 2, 2021

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017

Quackles posted:

Really?

We could have had a perfect tie and both gained Prestige.

Or House Gambol could have snaffled it. That's not possible now, at least.

Unfortunately there was disagreement within the house regarding accepting the deal, consensus could not be reached. While I currently act as the sitting councilmember I am but a vessel for the will of my house and cannot in good conscience act without their assent.

On the note of regnal titles we should consider the entire reign, not just the state of the treasury, the queen has overseen the start of a war, the sealing of a peace, adventures abroad, rebuilt the countryside and the military and more. Queen Thymeris the Assentor? The Far-Sighted? The Builder? While the nature of the monarchy thus far has seen fit that most could be called "The Generous" in all seriousness, perhaps there could be a touch more variety.

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

I didn't fight through two wars to rule
I fought for the future of the world

And the right to have hot tea whenever I wanted

Blastinus posted:

Foreman

Fair enough then. House Pinchay will keep its money, and my esteemed colleague can stop beating me with his chair. It was worth a try though.

Senator

The elderly nobleman lowers the chair and put its back on the ground.

"Oh good. Now I'm going to fall, that was too much for my heart."

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Reign of Queen Thymeris I, Dilemma 8, Resolution

Vote Results posted:

Storyline bonus: +2 coins to everyone who voted for the winning side without opposition.

Votes Pass and gather Power
Gains 1 Power (current: 9). Deploys 0 Power in the War against Mhuir (current deployment: 3). Remaining Power: 9.
Gains 1 Coins (current: 16). Invests 0 Coins in the Coin Bank (current investment: 0). Remaining Coins: 16.

Gains 1 Power (current: 6). Deploys 0 Power in the War against Mhuir (current deployment: 3). Remaining Power: 6.
Gains 7 Coins (current: 29). Invests 0 Coins in the Coin Bank (current investment: 0). Remaining Coins: 29.

Votes Aye
Spends 10 Power (current: 0). Deploys 0 Power in the War against Mhuir (current deployment: 0). Remaining Power: 0.
Spends 3 Coins (current: 15). Invests 0 Coins in the Coin Bank (current investment: 0). Remaining Coins: 15.

Votes Aye
Spends 5 Power (current: 0). Deploys 0 Power in the War against Mhuir (current deployment: 3). Remaining Power: 0.
Gains 1 Coins (current: 20). Invests 0 Coins in the Coin Bank (current investment: 0). Remaining Coins: 20.

Gains 1 Power (current: 6). Deploys 0 Power in the War against Mhuir (current deployment: 1). Remaining Power: 6.
Gains 1 Coins (current: 1). Invests 0 Coins in the Coin Bank (current investment: 0). Remaining Coins: 1.

Vote Outcome posted:

Envelope opened: -
N/A.

Resources and Stability change:

There currently are 18 cards in the Dilemma deck. As a reminder, since all the other effects are resolved before checking for skulls, the Queen has abdicated (and died shortly after).

Chronicle stickers: 55

Updated.

The end of Queen Thymeris I's kingdom.

Houses - Final scores posted:

Hidden Agendas

Hidden Agenda: Opulent(3), 10x
Open Agenda(s):
Final Power: 9(first), 2x
Final Coins: 16(third), 2x
Total: 14 Agenda Points

Hidden Agenda: Greedy(2), 11x
Open Agenda(s): -
Final Power: 6(second), 1x
Final Coins: 29(first), 8x
Total: 20 Agenda Points

Hidden Agenda: Opportunist(2), 7x
Open Agenda(s): Influence(P)(first), 3x Wealth(N)(fifth), -3x
Final Power: 0.
Final Coins: 15.
Total: 7 Agenda Points

Hidden Agenda: Moderate(3), 10x
Open Agenda(s): Knowledge(P)(second), 1x Wealth(P)Morale(N)(fourth), -1x Influence(N)
Final Power: 0.
Final Coins: 20(second), 3x
Total: 13 Agenda Points

Hidden Agenda: Extremist(16), 16x
Open Agenda(s): Morale(P)
Final Power: 6(second), 1x
Final Coins: 1.
Total: 17 Agenda Points

Prestige & Crave
1st place: House Gambol(2), Dukes of Solad, gains
2nd place: House Lethe(12), Dukes of Natar, gains
3rd place: House Pinchay(7), Dukes of Gamam, gains
4th place: House Daucus(5), Dukes of Olwyn, gains
Last place: House Cyfoeth(4), Dukes of Coden, gains
I have updated your House's Sheet with the Prestige/Crave score and updated the Alignment tracker with the Agendas you've picked so far. I've also marked down Achievement progress for the Houses that have managed to do them! These will remain secret until they are complete and will be revealed together with the bonus they provide then.

New Ruler's reign - Setup posted:

Chronicle Aging:

Resource Legacy

Story Legacy

Achievements Legacy

Prestige/Crave Rankings posted:

House Cyfoeth(4), Dukes of Coden: 21x, 1x
House Pinchay(7), Dukes of Gamam: 14x, 4x
House Lethe(12), Dukes of Natar: 13x, 5x
House Daucus(5), Dukes of Olwyn: 13x, 5x
House Gambol(2), Dukes of Solad: 11x, 9x
(P:8, C:13)
- Foreman/Sitting Councilmember: Phelddagrif (also Treasurer)
(P:10, C:10)
- Sitting Councilmember: LPFinale (also Treasurer)
(P:8, C:11)
- Sitting Councilmember: Danaru (also Treasurer)
(P:7, C:12)
- High Scholar/Sitting Councilmember: Quackles (also Treasurer)
(P:6, C:10)
- Sitting Councilmember: megane
- Treasurer/Negotiator: Bellmaker
NOTE: House Lethe will have to pick 2 out of the 3 Negative Agendas it has currently assigned and discard the other one. The discarded Agenda cannot be assigned to another House with their special power.
NOTE2: at reign end, The Coin's card is back into the deck, so the current card count is 19 instead of 18.

Hidden Agendas & Picking Order posted:

The House with the least Prestige is the first to pick, while the House with the most Prestige is the last. In case of a tie, the order is based on the "nobility" of the House itself, determined by the "House Number" on your House Sheet (the highest the number, the highest the nobility). The picking order for this reign is:
  • First Pick: House Gambol(2), Dukes of Solad
  • House Daucus(5), Dukes of Olwyn
  • House Lethe(12), Dukes of Natar
  • House Pinchay(7), Dukes of Gamam
  • Last Pick: House Cyfoeth(4), Dukes of Coden
:siren::siren::siren:
  • The current Sitting Councilmember for each House has 48h to submit their tiered preference for Hidden Agendas through PM/Email, putting all six in a scale from Tier 1 (want most) to Tier 6 (want least). You will be assigned the first Agenda available according to the picking order. NOTE: one Agenda is removed at random before the first House picks.
  • We need the Name of the next Ruler! Everyone is invited to submit their name of choice itt, the most popular will become the next puppet King!
  • It is time to give Thymeris I a nice epitaph (even if they most certainly probably are not dead). A few words or a sentence should do! The most popular (or my favorite, in case there's a tie) will be forever engraved in the OP, together with...
  • A picture to represent Thymeris I's portrait in the Hall of Rulers (we already had a submission at the start of the reign, but you can propose another one if you'd like). You can grab one online, draw it yourself, paper machè it, the sky is the limit.
The time window is the same for the Agendas. If I get everything before the 48h window, I'll run the update then.

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Apr 3, 2021

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I vote for King Blythe II for next up.

And what motto could there be for Queen Thymeris than, "Aye, yi, yi, yi"?

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

I've missed the signing rights switcheroo between Daucus and Cyfoeth, so I'll have to fix that!

EDIT: fixed!

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Apr 3, 2021

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Queen Thymeris the Auriphobic, she saw we gained gold and died :v:

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

He's a mean one, Mr. Roy.

TravelLog posted:

Replace it with "The Surveyor".

Also, I vote for Queen Thymeris as our next ruler.

This gal right here:

Here was my proposed image for Thymeris. I suggest her epithet be The Profligate, motto: Nervos belli, pecuniam infinitam.

I also support King Cleon II as our next ruler.

TravelLog fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Apr 3, 2021

C...
Jan 22, 2008

Tootin the Doom Flute has led the Kingdom of Ankist into a new age of illumination. Every morning, people wake up and open palm slam a woodwind instrument into their mouth. It is the Doom Flute and right then and there they start playing the notes. They play every note, and they play every note hard
Now that the cards are all face up on the table, can someone help me understand what the Pinchay coin transfer would have accomplished? Also curious about the debate for and against accepting it, but maybe that's an ongoing House secret.

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017

C... posted:

Now that the cards are all face up on the table, can someone help me understand what the Pinchay coin transfer would have accomplished? Also curious about the debate for and against accepting it, but maybe that's an ongoing House secret.

From my understanding, at least from what was proposed, was that House Cyfoeth and Daucus would have had the same rank of coins, which would have changed the scoring slightly at end, Daucus was attempting to tie for last place, Pinchay's motivation? Backlash against a coalition spurned? Not sure.

quote:

scavy131 posted:

I'd also like to draw attention to the double effect on the 8 saints in the aberrant depiction, being generous it could possibly be depicting the dual natures of the saints and their status as having been divine and mortal. Being more pessimistic, and probably closer to accurate considering the apocrypha we've received, something something consuming souls to achieve divinity something something ancient empresses doing occult stuff. More investigation will clearly be needed, but it does suggest that at least some of the earliest depictions and reverence to the Mother may not have been as cohesive and orthodox as previously believed.

All this time! My zany theory has finally received evidence! Not that this is good news mind, it suggests a level of occultism that is definitely uncomfortable to be associated with the Mother, but I guess my half-jest of referring to the aberrant depiction as the "Mawther" wasn't uncalled for.
Speculating incredibly heavily, I wonder if some of the 'theological' correspondence between previous rulers and some of the High Priestesses have been for less theological purposes and possibly something more sinister considering that Sister Celestina's correspondence was not authorized or known by any other High Priestesses.

In regards to the coming new monarch, have we gone far enough to finally have a hyphenated name? I'm thinking either Blythe-Cleon I or Harald-Blythe I, a worthy successor name to Queen Thymeris I the Giver.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Deal Postmortem (ha)

OK, so let's break down everything that happened over the last 72 hours.

[1] I pitched the original suggestion to Cyfoeth about a bottom abdication. This was because I was annoyed at House Gambol's running around.

To House Lethe: Sorry you got caught in the crossfire in all this. We were trying to sandbag House Gambol from that sweet 5 Prestige bonus.

[2] At the time, House Cyfoeth had 18 coins and we had 19, being third and second place coins respectively. I predicted that:

• House Cyfoeth is Opportunist and will gain 7 Agenda points if this ends the reign. If Cyfoeth has second place coins, they will have 7 + 4 = 11 AP.
• House Daucus is Moderate and will gain 10 Agenda points if this ends the reign. If we have third place coins, we will have 10 + 1 = 11 AP.

We made the first deal, with us paying House C 1 coin to set up the coin rankings in this way.

However, there was a flaw in this plan: If House Gambol gave all their coins away, they would have 11 AP + 0 from coins, and we would have first and second place coins, tying us at 13 AP.

[3] The other three houses tried to form a coalition to try and stop us. We were OK with this, because if that succeeded, we would be the only ones left with any Power for the next Dilemma.

[4] House C offered to pay someone a lot of money to break the coalition (this was the second deal). House G accepted. However, this broke the coins ranking thing:

• House Gambol would have 29 Coins. They would get 11 AP + 8 from Coins + 1 from Power = 20.
• House Lethe would have 1 Coin. They would get 17 AP [really 16, but we only found that out later] + 0 from Coins + 1 from Power = 17.
• House Pinchay would have 16 Coins. They would get 10 AP + 2 from Coins + 2 from Power = 14.
• House Daucus would have 18 Coins, 20 with the unanimous bonus. We would get get 10 AP + 3 from Coins = 13.
• House Cyfoeth would have 13 Coins again, 15 with the unanimous bonus. They would get 7 AP + 0 from Coins = 7.

This is what actually happened.

Note to TIG: Pinchay should have 3rd place, and Daucus 4th place. It's not a tie.

[5] Pinchay proposed giving us (who had 18 Coins) all of their money. This would have put us up to first coins ranking. However, this would not have changed the matter as things stood:

• House Gambol would get 11 AP + 6 from Coins + 1 from Power = 18.
• House Lethe would get 17 AP [really 16] + 0 from Coins + 1 from Power = 17.
• House Daucus would get 10 AP + 5 from Coins = 15.
• House Pinchay would get 10 AP + 0 from Coins + 2 from Power = 12.
• House Cyfoeth would get 7 AP + 0 from Coins = 7.

[6] We didn't really want Gambol to get first place Crave either, but if it was going to happen no matter what, I proposed the third deal to Houses Pinchay and Cyfoeth. If House Pinchay paid House Cyfoeth 6 coins, the dust would shake out like this:

• House Gambol would have 29 Coins. They would get 11 AP + 8 from Coins + 1 from Power = 20.
• House Lethe would have 1 Coin. They would get 17 AP [really 16] + 0 from Coins + 1 from Power = 17.
• House Pinchay would have 10 Coins after passing. They would get 10 AP + 0 from Coins + 2 from Power = 12.
• House Daucus would have 18 Coins, 20 with the unanimous bonus. We would get get 10 AP + 1 from Coins = 11.
• House Cyfoeth would have 19 Coins again, 21 with the unanimous bonus. They would get 7 AP + 4 from Coins = 11.

Then, we would tie for last and get Prestige.
This was vulnerable to House Gambol, but we were hoping they weren't committing to the spite plan or didn't see a way they could achieve it.

[7] I suspect that House Cyfoeth was worried about the possibility of Gambol's spite plan. But I can't be sure. If House C wants to spill the beans, please tell us!

So yeah. That's everything. As a bonus thought - we've been focused on the idea that Prestige is better than Crave, but Gambol seems to be going for the greatest numerical quantity. Gambol's thoughts on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Quackles fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Apr 3, 2021

C...
Jan 22, 2008

Quackles posted:

Deal Postmortem (ha)

So yeah. That's everything. As a bonus thought - we've been focused on the idea that Prestige is better than Crave, but Gambol seems to be going for the greatest numerical quantity. Gambol's thoughts on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

We have no idea what they're worth, or if they will have absolute or relative value, so yes we think "the most overall" and "the most Crave" are both races we can be competitive in, at the cost of neglecting "the most Prestige".

Regarding the rest: meaning no disrespect, it seems you over-negotiated and overworked the circumstance? You had hoped to end the Reign in last, and then did a bunch of other moves that made that not happen.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

So, I got lucky a second time with the final scores since there was another error with no repercussions on it. House Pinchay should have scored 2 points instead of 1 for their 3rd place for Coins due their Opulent Agenda. This means that Pinchay got 3rd place with 14 Agenda Points and Daucus got 4th with 13. Luckily for me, 3rd and 4th place in a 5 Houses game score the same amount of prestige/crave, so I only had to fix the update. Thanks again to Quackles for pointing these out.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

C... posted:

Regarding the rest: meaning no disrespect, it seems you over-negotiated and overworked the circumstance? You had hoped to end the Reign in last, and then did a bunch of other moves that made that not happen.

We didn't propose to Cyfoeth that they pay you to Pass. They did that on their own.

We just tried to bring the situation back into balance.

(Side note: We were assuming that this dilemma wasn't a skull dilemma, so I'm not knocking Cyfoeth for what they did. If they hadn't, the Queen would have died and Gambol would have been laughing all the way to the bank...)

Quackles fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Apr 3, 2021

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Quackles posted:

I agree that prestige is going to be better than crave the way we're playing, but we can't know by how much and we have plans anyways to close the prestige gap in the future; in the meanwhile, total crowns is kinda the only hard metric to measure progress, with some fuzzy boost to prestige.
(Corollary: I hosed up massively at the wedding dilemma, since it directly lost us 3 crowns. I was bored of the hugfest, sue me.)

So, for example, confronting us with House Pinchay: they have 3 more than us and we have 5 more than them. Prestige would need to be 66% more valuable at game end for them to beat us right now.

For what it's worth, I was overridden because ultimately a first place is a first place, especially when Greedy is a precarious agenda, and everyone but Cyfoeth lost 2 crowns with this coup, so we still gained the same amount of crowns over everyone else.

I'd rather have risked a 2nd place while gaining prestige, but ultimately three crave in the sack was resolved to be better than 5 prestige in the bush by our Navigator Poet, and as you said, sometimes you have to go on an hunch.

Quackles posted:

We didn't propose to Cyfoeth that they pay you to Pass. They did that on their own.

We just tried to bring the situation back into balance.

(Side note: We were assuming that this dilemma wasn't a skull dilemma, so I'm not knocking Cyfoeth for what they did. If they hadn't, the Queen would have died and Gambol would have been laughing all the way to the bank...)

It was entertaining to see your partner in rebellion immediately backstabbing you like that.
Or at least it would have been if I didn't lose the thread somewhere in the chain of spite proposals, I was too busy :stonk: at our burnt bridges with Pinchay and Lethe.

C...
Jan 22, 2008

Quackles posted:

Gambol would have been laughing all the way to the bank...
You and your collaborators.

Also - the Queen deposed: Gambol gains 3, other houses gain 6, a 1:2 ratio. The Queen expires: Gambol gains 5, other houses gain 12, a lesser payout ratio. This is the timeline where we're at the bank, and I didn't want to risk allowing another Dilemma to see more more spite calculations run against us.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

C... posted:

You and your collaborators.

Also - the Queen deposed: Gambol gains 3, other houses gain 6, a 1:2 ratio. The Queen expires: Gambol gains 5, other houses gain 12, a lesser payout ratio. This is the timeline where we're at the bank.

Mathematician poet
(I can't actually do rhymes to save my life)

I'm fairly sure this is not how it works.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Quackles posted:

To House Lethe: Sorry you got caught in the crossfire in all this. We were trying to sandbag House Gambol from that sweet 5 Prestige bonus.
Hardly the first time. Also not your fault in particular, I suppose; it's Cyfoeth and Gambol's.

Omobono posted:

Or at least it would have been if I didn't lose the thread somewhere in the chain of spite proposals, I was too busy :stonk: at our burnt bridges with Pinchay and Lethe.
[ House Lethe will remember your decision. ]

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

There are a lot of assumptions on what prestige/crave mean and I hope they’re all wrong :getin:

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

megane posted:

[ House Lethe will remember your decision. ]
See, now you can no longer marry into House Lethe and get the good bad dog ending!

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017
I will say from Cyfoeth's part: We were operating under the assumption that the dilemma was going to end in abdication, there have been very few dilemmas which result in only +/-1 to a slider, so with momentum involved we were working entirely within the idea that the reign was ending here and considerations for future hypothetical dilemmas were pointless, provided the vote went our way.

For Cyfoeth's offer to make another house pass, such was performed deliberately as there had been no formal agreements between Gambol, Pinchay and Lethe to contest Daucus and our voting and it was our desire to head off any further formalizing of opposition. An outrageous sum of money was seen as appropriate to ensure at least someone took the offer without too much hemming and hawing. The resulting coin difference between us and Daucus was unfortunate, but entirely a side effect to ensuring we'd secured the outcome we wanted in the vote which was seen as paramount. We were slightly worried about some foolishness that Gambol or one of the other houses may attempt in regards to trying to scoredump after it was clear the reign was ending in abdication, but we'd been so far in last place this entire reign that it didn't particularly matter to us either way.

As to why we wanted to vote Aye, as mentioned such was largely motivated by memes as much as any score consideration, our Hidden Agenda had meant we were definitely in last place all game, but more importantly Queen Thymeris was so nice so we just couldn't really say no. On a more personal note, I've been holding this stupid Mawther headcannon since we started into this particular storyline so seeing some kind of possible confirmation, or at least decent story ambiguity, makes me big excited.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Another queen slain by bad art 😢

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

BTW, I totally think The Agreeable and The Prodigal are suitable for Queen T...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Interregnum
Queen Thymeris I's reign was a long one, lasting until her ailing health and the constant malcontent from the wealthy and powerful in the realm forced her off the throne: having financed unsuccesful expeditions in the jungle and a costly war with Mhuir, Thymeris's reign has been a red mark in a lot of noble Houses's ledgers. The war itself, after an explosive start, had turned into more of a cold one, with a lot of troops being mustered along the front and a lot of offensive posturing, but very little actual fights; for as much the Ankisti war machine was impressive, though, no one could foresee the end of the hostilities.

We still have some time to decide on the name for the new Ruler, as no option at the moment has a big advantage. It's going to be a blast from the past, no matter what!
  • King Blythe II
  • King Cleon II
  • Blythe-Cleon I
  • Harald-Blythe I