Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Heath posted:

Is there any genuine nostalgia for original She-ra

As someone who has an extensive She-Ra action figure (they're not dollies!!!!) collection I can say that my nostalgia for the brand has nothing to do with the quality of the original cartoon, which is awful and stupid, or the sexiness of the character, probably because I was 3 and neither of those things mattered to me yet. I also like Thundercats in theory but that show in hindsight is also trash, in conclusion.

She-Ra 2018 > She-Ra 1985
Thundercats 2011 > Thundercats 1985
Voltron 2016 > Voltron 1984
Ninja Turtles 2012 > Ninja Turtles 1987
Yet
Ninja Turtles movie 1990 > Ninja Turtles movie 2014
Transformers movie 1984 > Transformers movie 2007
wait what were we talking about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010
So where is Doug on that list?

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Doug is a loser piece of poo poo. gently caress him.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Zombiepop posted:

So where is Doug on that list?

When he gets a remake I'll update the drat list!

But for real though as much as I love a thread devoted to dragging Doug because he sucks it's still a better show than half(?) of the 80s action figure advertising cartoons. (As was mentioned earlier in the thread)
Probably just above TMNT, which is miles ahead of He-Man and She-Ra but still under Transformers and Ghostbusters.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Pretty good posted:

I'm going to tell the mods people in the Doug thread are definitely honking off and shooting rope to stuff being posted itt. I'm going to report some posts.

HONK HONK!

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
I wonder how an episode of a modern Doug series would even go lol

DOUG IS TRYING TO BECOME A VTUBER AND USES A QUAILMAN AVATAR BUT GETS CYBERSTALKED BY SKEETER WHILE CYBERSTALKING PATTI

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed
Doug is let down and confused when his favorite VTuber turns out to be Mr. Dink with a "very expensive" motion capture set up & voice modulator. Mr. Dink asks Doug to keep it secret from Mrs. Dink, but it turns out she knew the whole time.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Doug discovers his sister's OnlyFans page and blackmails her to keep it a secret. Skeeter starts a GoFundMe for his newly diagnosed illness.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Zil posted:

Doug discovers his sister's OnlyFans page and blackmails her to keep it a secret. Skeeter starts a GoFundMe for his newly designed rocket sneakers.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

GolfHole posted:

dougs real name is douglas

doug LESS

doug's sister looks like a Dilbert character. none of the rest of it looks like it belongs in Dilbert, just her

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Sgt. Politeness posted:

As someone who has an extensive She-Ra action figure (they're not dollies!!!!) collection I can say that my nostalgia for the brand has nothing to do with the quality of the original cartoon, which is awful and stupid, or the sexiness of the character, probably because I was 3 and neither of those things mattered to me yet. I also like Thundercats in theory but that show in hindsight is also trash, in conclusion.

She-Ra 2018 > She-Ra 1985
Thundercats 2011 > Thundercats 1985
Voltron 2016 > Voltron 1984
Ninja Turtles 2012 > Ninja Turtles 1987
Yet
Ninja Turtles movie 1990 > Ninja Turtles movie 2014
Transformers movie 1984 > Transformers movie 2007
wait what were we talking about?

1985 Thundercats is flawless

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Archer666 posted:

DOUG IS TRYING TO BECOME A VTUBER AND USES A QUAILMAN AVATAR BUT GETS CYBERSTALKED BY SKEETER WHILE CYBERSTALKING PATTI

Doug discovers what it's like to get scammed when he tries to sell his vintage Beets vinyl albums online

Mr.Chill
Aug 29, 2006

Dabir posted:

doug LESS

doug's sister looks like a Dilbert character. none of the rest of it looks like it belongs in Dilbert, just her

Judy hated the Dilbertverse and went turbo, landing inthe Dougverse, which is more like a lateral move than a step up. Now she's hiding in her room creating the device to jump again.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Heath posted:

Is there any genuine nostalgia for original She-ra

The best thing about original She-Ra was the background paintings

Also this fuckin weirdo lol

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Ralph Hurley posted:

The best thing about original She-Ra was the background paintings

No, make every part of the castle have a hat!

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
Woah woah woah, I did NOT see people dissing catdog upthread

catdog was based af

aside from catdog himselves being a pretty obvious metaphor for people of mixed race it also had episodes fairly explicitly about race supremacy

there was some other epsiode about capitalism where one of them gets an absolutely miserable job

and the whole better bottoms thing was probably about dysphoria on some level

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Aside from getting shot in the head, David, what have you done with yourself?

Plethora posted:

Judy hated the Dilbertverse and went turbo, landing inthe Dougverse, which is more like a lateral move than a step up. Now she's hiding in her room creating the device to jump again.

Her acting dramatic and exaggerated movement comes from the traumas of being stuck in the rigid and simply drawn Dilbertverse. If she stands still for too long it brings flashbacks of being stuck in a single panel with a stiff pose and a fear of returning there. Her acting aspirations are a direct result of a hatred of any office or corporate environment. She desperately needs any new script in front of her to distance herself from the one she was stuck with by Scott Adams.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Sardonik posted:

Woah woah woah, I did NOT see people dissing catdog upthread

catdog was based af

aside from catdog himselves being a pretty obvious metaphor for people of mixed race it also had episodes fairly explicitly about race supremacy

there was some other epsiode about capitalism where one of them gets an absolutely miserable job

and the whole better bottoms thing was probably about dysphoria on some level

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The first reboot of Thundercats felt kind of awkward where originally they didn't know who exactly their audience was. So you had fairly serious episodes next to goofy bullshit ones.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Doug changed his last name to foster when he got older

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

Archer666 posted:

Doug tries to achieve online video fame by using various old pirated Adobe products to animate and meme-ify his Quailman character. He fucks up and accidentally creates QAnon, Patti goes full on Q and dies in the riot trying to commit insurrection at the capitol, and in the end Doug fails to monetize on Quailman at all because of too many DMCA strikes.

HONK HONK

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

e: That tumblr linked earlier is a fun read and has some good pics too.

Mega64 fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Feb 4, 2021

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

"Catdog is Based. It has episodes about ethnonationalism" is some kind of a post

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Catdog was one of those weird shows where I would finish watching it with the awareness that I had seen a cartoon but I had a strange, slight headache afterward

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
catdog is dollar store ren and stimpy

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

Pretty good posted:

"Catdog is Based. It has episodes about ethnonationalism" is some kind of a post

you'll be pleased to know it was not in favor of it

v. ahead of its time

Also there's an episode where cat essentially becomes a crazed funko pop collector lmao

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Pretty good posted:

I'm sick of the "it has good politics" defense of lovely shows. Rocko also had some genuinely thought provoking episodes but you know what the difference between Rocko and Catdog is? Rocko was actually really fun to watch.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

BoosterDuck posted:

I liked catdog but I hated ren and stimpy. That's my story

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

that little poodle dog pissed me off

Mr.Chill
Aug 29, 2006

Fors Yard posted:

Her acting dramatic and exaggerated movement comes from the traumas of being stuck in the rigid and simply drawn Dilbertverse. If she stands still for too long it brings flashbacks of being stuck in a single panel with a stiff pose and a fear of returning there. Her acting aspirations are a direct result of a hatred of any office or corporate environment. She desperately needs any new script in front of her to distance herself from the one she was stuck with by Scott Adams.

This is canon for me now.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

BoosterDuck posted:

always felt this way about cow and chicken even though I liked it

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Doug became a fervent poster to 4chan and a Donald Trump supporter, he began posting online under the alias "Q" after intending to sign a post as Quailman but accidentally posted after only typing the letter Q

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

hawowanlawow posted:

that little poodle dog pissed me off

:same:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Aside from a few shows here and there (like Rocko), Nickelodeon was inferior to cartoon network imo

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

Still wonder to this day how Rocko producers got the "Spank the Monkey" board game and Heifer having sex with a milking machine gags past censors. I think the latter got clipped out of reruns eventually but it definitely aired early on.

As long as we're doing extended universe stuff: While Doug would go on to become a goon of one shade or another Roger went on to cause the 2008 economic collapse and got filthy rich doing it.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Everything that I've posted in this thread is canonical

Doug went back in time and cuckolded his father, Doug is his sister Judy's real father

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
I tried to watch Ren and Stimpy recently, and boy, it sucked.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

BoosterDuck posted:

Snookums and Meat is a dime store Ren and Stimpy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Fabulousity posted:

Still wonder to this day how Rocko producers got the "Spank the Monkey" board game and Heifer having sex with a milking machine gags past censors. I think the latter got clipped out of reruns eventually but it definitely aired early on.

As long as we're doing extended universe stuff: While Doug would go on to become a goon of one shade or another Roger went on to cause the 2008 economic collapse and got filthy rich doing it.
Also the name of the fast food joint

Which evidently caught someone's attention because in later episodes it was reworked

They brought it back for the Netflix special though