Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Joe Kinnear scouting a Birmingham player and asking about him only to learn he was loaned to the club by Newcastle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

jesus WEP posted:

joe kinnear calling a journalist a oval office in the first 5 minutes of his first presser as newcastle manager

Well, was he?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

TheRat posted:

Well, was he?
probably idk

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

UnfurledSails posted:

Joe Kinnear scouting a Birmingham player and asking about him only to learn he was loaned to the club by Newcastle

I was very disappointed when I found out this was made up by some mackems because it was so believable

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

ilmucche posted:

I was very disappointed when I found out this was made up by some mackems because it was so believable

why would you post this :(

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
A year and a half ago the manager of Everton was Carlo Ancelotti

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Liverpool spending £35,012,000 (the eighth highest transfer fee in history to that point) on Andy Carroll because he got on the end of some corners for a team too good for the Championship, and then it turning out that he was a wacky waving inflatable garbageman

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

https://twitter.com/UpshotTowers/status/1618949506371883009

puchu
Sep 20, 2004

hiya~
cristiano ronaldo saying yallah in the tunnel prematch

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
Kevin Lasagna

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Barry Shitpeas posted:

Kevin Lasagna

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
https://youtu.be/jIGJwz8OFPI

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Stay dench or get frimponged

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

When Dyche had to come out and deny he eats worms (he does)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0y0LOPqOGP4

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I love that his defence is "well yeah I put the worms in my mouth and pretend to chew but I don't swallow so it doesn't count as eating them"

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

He's had the full squad out on the training pitch today, bringing hundreds of worms to the surface. He'll eat a good victory feast tonight.

vyelkin posted:

I love that his defence is "well yeah I put the worms in my mouth and pretend to chew but I don't swallow so it doesn't count as eating them"

If I wanted to deny I ate worms I wouldn't come up with the idea of a worm omelette during my denial.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

vyelkin posted:

I love that his defence is "well yeah I eat worms"

Wazzerphuk
Feb 9, 2001

Hating Chelsea before it was cool
Winner of the PWM POTM for September
Winner of the PWM POTM for January
Co-Winner of the PWM POTM for March
Ranking Every Premier League Manager By How Likely They Are to Eat a Worm

This whole article, which I have read probably twice a year since it was published

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Wazzerphuk posted:

Ranking Every Premier League Manager By How Likely They Are to Eat a Worm

This whole article, which I have read probably twice a year since it was published

The part about Old Woy always makes me lol

quote:

Roy Hodgson is old in the same way benign grandfathers are old, in that – and I don’t think this is out of line to say – I think I could trick him into eating a worm by just mushing the whole thing into a Werther’s Original wrapper and offering it to him. I don’t think Roy Hodgson really notices what he’s eating any more, is what I’m saying. I think he’s just glad to be alive enough to eat it.

Wazzerphuk
Feb 9, 2001

Hating Chelsea before it was cool
Winner of the PWM POTM for September
Winner of the PWM POTM for January
Co-Winner of the PWM POTM for March
Please also read Ranking Every Member of the England World Cup Squad By How Likely They Are to Eat a Worm if you haven't. Also even if you have. Read it again while eating a worm of your own.

quote:

Yeah, Harry Maguire eats worms. Big time. The only thing that makes Harry Maguire’s desire to eat worms in any way notable or different from those around him is: he’s the only one who would eat those worms scoffed out of the ground like a pig.

Rid
Jun 16, 2003

What do you mean you're out of butter?
Jizz Horncamp scored today

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

:toot:

I watched the entire Man U game against Arsenal and completely forgot that Harry Maguire is technically a Utd player.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

So did he about 2 years ago

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Rid posted:

Jizz Horncamp scored today

nice

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

always knew the lad would come good

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!

jesus WEP posted:

:frogout:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

jesus WEP posted:

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Sign Da Ting

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Stefan schwarz had a clause in his Sunderland contract that said he wasn't allowed to go to space

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

the sex ghost posted:

Stefan schwarz had a clause in his Sunderland contract that said he wasn't allowed to go to space

Didn’t they accidentally send Adam Johnson to space with a 14 year old girl? That’s the one thing they didn’t want to happen.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

Didn’t they accidentally send Adam Johnson to space with a 14 year old girl? That’s the one thing they didn’t want to happen.
Didn't he go out in a shirt or shorts that said "FRESH KID" on it to celebrate his release from jail?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
tim roth, gerard depardieu and a couple of other actors scammed fifa out of a cool £20m to make a film about how blatter totally saved football

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Jose posted:

tim roth, gerard depardieu and a couple of other actors scammed fifa out of a cool £20m to make a film about how blatter totally saved football

And in the 2 week period between the movie's premier at Cannes and its release in theaters, 14 FIFA officials were charged for racketeering and money laundering, and then Sepp Blatter was re-elected FIFA president before resigning a few days later.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
It cost $32 million and grossed $168,832

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Jose posted:

Because of this movie I learned that Gerard Depardieu drinks more than a dozen bottles of wine a day.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

sticksy posted:

It cost $32 million and grossed $168,832

It was worth it for Mark Kermodes totally baffled review

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

blue footed boobie posted:

Because of this movie I learned that Gerard Depardieu drinks more than a dozen bottles of wine a day.

he was really committed to the role

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
ol’ mamadou

https://twitter.com/football__tweet/status/1625012140515135488?s=46&t=JNa5pULb8vBmojpDaXw9pQ

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

L.H.O.O.Q.
Jan 3, 2013

:coal:

blue footed boobie posted:

Because of this post I went and checked Gerard Depardieu was still alive. He is, kinda surprisingly