Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Commenting from chapter 45 so I may be quite a few steps behind!

So: sexual assault, manipulating adults whose mental state is clearly not of an adult (minsc) into sex, almost zoophilia, and (egg) abortion. Sandrah's mod has it all

Funny enough that this LP was created while i'm doing my very own BG1EE playthrough with NPC banter mod. It's a delightful experience and most characters offer some good company thanks to it. If anyone is in doubt (Shar-teel and Kivan notwithstanding), definitely try it out for a more entertaining experience.

One of the things I found funniest in BG1 is just how many one-man team assassins the game throws at you. They, on their lonesome, see a six-party team that just cleared an entire mine, a bandit camp, or a magical spider nest and go "you know what? I'll try out my luck". It's even funnier just how many of these encounters the mods add as well. They add basically nothing other than extra loot or money via gear selling. It's just weird.

Just how many dragons are there with the mods???? There are a total of zero(?) in vanilla!

I'm surprised that Bragge's madness wasn't healed by Sandrah simply loving him (I'm not even joking, I was expecting that if you answered incorrectly, she'd just step in and answer properly for you).

This mod is a work of art in just how wrong it all feels. This is a sexual predator, destroying every single character in the game, in order to make them feel subservient and in awe of what effectively should be an 18 (?) year old priestess with "no experience with love".

Just how popular is this mod in the community exactly? I noticed that she's a mod at the gibberlings forum. That really doesn't fit well with me...

And another thing: the modded gear is absolutely loving busted. In the original BG1 you're supposed to go up to around level 8 or 9 and you're happy to get a +2 weapon in the midgame. The mods just throw +3 weapons at you before you even clear the Nashkel mines!

Just...oh my lord, this mod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm still behind, hopefully my next comment will be related to the latest chapter!!

Again, great work on handling this LP. You're an angel for having to deal with Sandrah.

With that in mind, let's take all of this out of my chest:

The coran pregnancy thing and him just passionately kissing Vichan is probably the highest point of the LP so far.

And now Sandrah is your sister? Oh lord what a mess.

How did Sandrah manage to NOT gently caress the duke?

As i've said before, i'm playing through BG myself and confirm that Dynaheir's NPC content is so good.

Also, on the werewolf island, when the NPC that asks you for the poison flowers kisses you as thanks, she calls you out for doing favors for young girl kisses :3:

Not related to the mod or anything really, but what's the point of a wizard slayer if they can't wear anything? Barely anything seems to be usable, is the class so powerful to justify not being able to wear barely anything?

Cythereal posted:

This reminds me of back when the Imoen Romance mod

Just how much of a trainwreck is it? Those comments don't look too good and it reaches a point where a mod is so terrible that it goes the other way around and makes me interested in checking it out.

Vichan posted:

22. The Mourning of Centeol, the Spider Lady, by Lava Del'Vortel

I sincerely regret not installing BG1 romantic encounters.

YOU CAN BONE THE SPIDER LADY??????

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You can literally screw up the Brage quest by not undestanding the riddle! Hell, i've hosed it up because i've pressed 3 instead of 4 by mistake! Why is this what makes Sandrah go bananas???

I honestly can't believe that Jen'lig was written by the same author. While flawed, it's an entirely different, and better, character.

Vichan, you have the patience of a saint for this LP. Thank you for your dedication!

I'll have to avoid this thread for a while, since i've now started by first ever siege of dragonspear run and i certainly don't want Sandrah to spoil it for me!

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ramc posted:

'i'm a delicate ephemeral waif also i can deadlift like 400lbs and just swing a loving hammer around. I learned to use a hammer from a guy who never uses a hammer in his books'

Well after training Sandrah, he clearly realized there was no point in trying to compete on that market :v:

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Just played through this part a couple days ago, but I somehow missed both Korlasz' journal and her Bhaal research. Dunno how that happened.

Yeah i literally did this area on Tuesday and i found absolutely nothing of the sort, i've also proposed Korlasz surrender, she told me to piss off and then she died in combat without ever surrendering?

Are these Sandrah additions or "Mans got way too eager and didn't see half the dungeon's content"?

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I messed up the vampire killing quest and the two NPCs turned hostile on me and the shield didn't drop.

Not only am I a terrible speaker, i also lock myself out of quests :negative:

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If you kill the mind flayer before talking to Akanna she will be in a much better mood.

That mind flayer fight is horrible, it took me three times to kick that squid's butt.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So, lore wise, do Gods of murder get banned in future Pantheons?

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Midnight Voyager posted:

AND ANOTHER THING: that area is very cool. The statues of Cyric and Bhaal on each side of the bridge, pointing at each other like "YOU MOTHERFUCKER." The sickly, poisoned water on the side of the bridge Bhaal fell. And now the big-rear end symbol you burned in it with a vision. I really loved this bit of the game and goddamnit, of course here's Sandrah
After just finishing SoD, there's stuff to criticize, but the map quality ain't one of them. Each map is really well done.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hypocrisy posted:

I disagree with Minsc being mentally six years old. I am ambivalent about the beast nickname.

By the time of BG2, his brain is completely hosed.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Take your time, your health comes first. You've got a group of people who love you here :)

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Your reply to Drake is so comically rude lmao

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I never knew there was more to the medic quest! If you ask M'khiin for advice after checking out the patients, she will also suggest Blackthorn Bark, and if you don't have M'khiin around and talk to her before anyone else, you're doing something wrong.

Same thing if you have Jaheira or Viconia I think.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rappaport posted:

I AM THE LAW! (Alternatively, AH SERVE THE FLAMING FIST!)

So I kicked 'im in the head til he was dead, nyah hah hah!

You mess with me, you mess with... YOU!

So the mad wizard falls! ...Saves me the trouble.

MONTARON! I... I never loved you! *cackles*

Don't touch me! I'm super-important.
And the rivers RUN REEEEEED

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

So the mysterious hooded man is Jon Irenicus, right?

same voice actor and all!

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Neera seems incredibly annoying for what seems to be not much of a payoff.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Black Robe posted:

It matters because Sandrah must have everything. It's not about using it. It's about having it before anyone else. Like a spoiled little rich girl with multiple phones or cars or whatever even though she can only use one at a time.

(how can Roxanne possibly think this is good writing)

What's worse is that Skie already exists and is a much better character than Sandrah :v:

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
HAHAHAHAHAHAH Sandrah just loving runs out of there. Vichan please stay behind, the protagonist can't be killed yet :allears:

Kallev posted:

I actually started up another game of Baldur's Gate as I was reading this LP and was waiting for you to hit this part, specifically because I have a Steam achievement relating to Skies murder and had 0 recollection of her getting murdered. The whole bit feels really rushed for a few different reasons. I feel like the two that irritate me the most are that, one, Skie was a useless idiot to the city at large, so why does killing her turn the whole city against you as if you killed their personal hero? And two, everyone instantly jumping to condemn you for a single murder after you literally just breached Hell in order to save them seems poorly written. It really feels like if they wanted the Boareskyr Bridge thing to have really tainted peoples view of you, I think it would have helped to showcase that more. It might even have benefitted from having implied to any extent that there were provocateurs in the Coalition, like maybe the very mysterious Hooded Man, who were trying to really agitate the issue.
She's a Silvershield, she's the daughter of one, if not the most, important person in the city and you not only murdered her, you made sure her soul was forever lost.

Before the murder, a lot of people were already extremely suspicious of you. Half of the camp doesn't want a son of Baahl hanging around, especially after you carved the symbol of Baal on the bridge where your father was slain.

To the general populace, you were a hero for killing Saverok, but these actions made them easily convinced that you were only killing off a competitor. You can prove your merit during the trial and get a better ending, but I wouldn't really fault the general mob for thinking that an extremely powerful spawn of Baal, who just recently killed an even stronger spawn, was a danger to Baldur's Gate.

Also, you went into hell after her and came out alone. Are you a selfless hero, or an opportunist killing off the competition?

Ramc posted:

wait Beliphet is the last boss of icewind dale 1 right? cute callback

I really loved that! Beliphet gets dunked every time he tries something smart.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Noshing can bring him back :ughh:

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I still can't believe that when you defeat Saverok, you realize he was simply a puppet of Tiax.

Rumors say that the only creature stronger than Sandrah is Tiax after two cold beers.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Caros posted:

So I'm only about halfway through the thread and the same mind poison may have infected others, but I present you modern art. Sandrah Devouring Her Prey:

No I'm not putting in more effort. This is the exact effort this mod deserves.

Edit: Wait, no, the piece was imperfect. I've corrected those horrible mistakes.

:eyepop:

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I really want to see the thought process behind the person who looked at Nalia and thought Lulu of all things was a more appropriate avatar.

I shouldn't be surprised at any of this, but every update just keeps getting more and more bizarre.

The fact that Chloe looks mundane by comparison is a real achievment.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Instead, I will stand by that the Jaheira romance is really good by the low, low bar set by video game romances. It's just a long series of banters where you slowly establish that you trust and respect one another, then that you enjoy each other's company, and finally that you really matter to one another. There's no super-stilted flirting interactions, and she's not a broken shell of a person that only your genitals can fix. Just two adults organically growing closer, as much as a relationship entirely based on random banter trees allows.

I didn't find it that bad either, or at least it seemed much better compared to the unbearably annoying Aerie romance of "never shutting the gently caress up and yelling at any woman that you interact with".

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
At this point I have to ask, is there any good, well written BG2 NPC mods that aren't awkward broody types? Cythereal's work on BG1 is quite good, but I think this LP is giving me a very biased view of what NPC mods are produced for this game.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I loved this sidequest :allears:

Vichan posted:

Dynaheir gets shafted in BG2 in general IMO.

Is the reason she gets shafted related to the same reason why modders changed her avatar?

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm morbidly curious to witness Saerileth's shitfest but I entirely understand if you want to interact as minimally as possible with that trainwreck.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Handing out Carsomyrs and Helms of Balduran like they're candy.

For some people, a wake up call by how of sync your mod's idea is with the vanilla game and any sense of game progression.

For others, they'll crash your game if you don't obsess about The Beast.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have to admit i'm impressed that Sandrah hasn't spoiled the plot too much in BG2 yet.

She was spoiling poo poo left and right on the first game.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ah poo poo, I glossed over her spoil of Irenicus and the elves!

Unfortunately, Sandrah already spoiled that Imoen is a Bhallspawn in the first game, so I don't count it as a **current** spoiler :v:

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I absolutely "love" how these ridiculous mods destroy the atmosphere of the game:

**dreadful dungeon where you've been tortured. One of your closest companions lies dead and brutally mutilated on the upper floor**

"He...did things. Horrifying things, never-ending torture, what did we do to deserve this?
"Let me put my hands on you hehehehe let's gently caress my besta eva frenda"
"I'm a lesbian, I want to have sex with women"

**my village was destroyed, I've been reduced to tortured slavery, my tutor and only friend is a bloody, lifeless pulp**
"I'm a lesbian but I'm not interested in you"
"let me touch your scars and gently caress you"
"I'm on an important mission from the Intergalactic Hamster Federation"

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ramc posted:

by the end of this because sandra is never wrong she is going to prove there is no afterlife somehow

By the end of this we'll all be Sandrah supporters as a coping mechanism for the trauma.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Okay...Sandrah literally manipulated Aerie into sex by giving her hopes of medicine.

This orc saga is really loving boring. I thought Roxxane had a weird talent for creating modestly okay characters outside of Sandrah but this is just walls of text about what is a paper-thin excuse to not be racist.

System Metternich posted:

Oh wow, here I am not reading the forums as much for a couple of weeks and suddenly Vichan is already knee deep in Boolerion's Baldur's Gate 2 content. But catching up filled an otherwise boring workday just fine, so yay! :v: Anyway, here is the updated network (which already gets increasingly hard to keep legible):

I don't know which was funnier, the whole "Boolerion" thing or the random bath scene where the mod just needed to hint at Minsc apparently having a massive cock

The Beast craves more.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My favorite quotes:

What do orcs know about manners, hahaha…

He implanted his semen into your father

No one could have pressed it better.

And not a quote, but I just love this Sandrah.txt:

“Arvoreen is a just God who doesn’t look at races, but only if individuals are evil or not.

As such he obviously couldn’t be an halfling, he’s a human of course”

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Blows my mind just looking at the size of the relationship chart and BG2 barely even started, ToB has yet to begin and apparently there's a Sandrah expansion afterwards.

At the end, it'll be colossal.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I really need to see Sandrah in Ust Natha

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That was an unexpected scene with Mistress ada there :stare:

Also...arming a village and then re-arming the gnolls to keep them in a perpetual state of warfare isn't Harper balance, it's intentionally sustaining a conflict to ensure your weapon exporting business stays healthy.

I don't think the Harpers give much of a concern over Evil creatures to start with.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hypocrisy posted:

Yup, that's good old stupid neutral.

Most neutral characters in Baldur's Gate seem to be mostly "non paladin good" than actual neutral, and it's much more sensible than "let's maintain perpetual warfare and misery for the sake of balance"

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
On the one hand, the way Sandrah handles Keldorn, possibly my favorite BG2 NPC, is really irritating.

On the other hand, that makes me confident that Keldorn won't fall into the beast's trap.

Also lmao at Sandrah killing Saverok while you're fighting some rando.

Literally re-writting history and smiting you if you say otherwise, just like how we literally saw her just gently caress off when you were ambushed at the end of Dragonspear but then she pops up here with a whole different story.

I'm pretty sure Sandrah is Kyros from Tyranny.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like how Keldorn receives the shocking news of his wife's betrayal and the immediate reaction is for Sandrah to take the focus off him and have Vichan ask her what's wrong instead of providing any sort of comfort to Keldorn.

Hypocrisy posted:

You should you homewrecker!

I never did this quest as a kid and I didn't properly understood the consequences of each option so I had Keldorn go the legal way. yeah... :smith:

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hey Vichan, I have to ask, just how much time passed between the game starting and you rescuing Imoen?

Because with all the Sandrah detours, it feels like Imoen spent half a year in jail while Sandrah was beast and hunting.

But most importantly, how does it feel to have a sir before your name now?

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Two years with Sandrah makes me think vichan really appreciated those moments alone in Irenicus dungeon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the only way this can be redeemed is if Sandrah turns out to be an end game villain and a threat that makes even Baahl himself look like a common bandt.