Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cruft

quote:

The first dinosaur butthole ever discovered is shedding light where the sun don't shine. The discovery reveals how dinosaurs used this multipurpose opening — scientifically known as a cloacal vent — for pooping, peeing, breeding and egg laying.

The dinosaur's derrière is so well preserved, researchers could see the remnants of two small bulges by its "back door," which might have housed musky scent glands that the reptile possibly used during courtship — an anatomical quirk also seen in living crocodilians, said scientists who studied the specimen.

https://www.livescience.com/first-dinosaur-butthole-found.html

I don't normally feel like BYOB should be getting news articles, but this seems like the BYOBbiest news article I've read in years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlueDekuNuts

quote:

The first dinosaur butthole ever discovered is shedding light where the sun don't shine.

Best sentence I have ever read.

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.

Paleontologists fiercely debating what dinosaur sex felt like and whether they cuddled afterward.

nut

i could've told u that with a lot less time and money

alexandriao

"What're quantum mechanics?"
"I don't know. People who repair quantums, I suppose."

all paleontologists are furries and scalies -- NO EXCEPTIONS

Luvcow

that one really weird grad student on the dig: *sweating, breathing heavily* "yeah... yeah that's a butthole..."

https://giant.gfycat.com/FrankTightButterfly.webm

thanks to manifisto for the amazing sig

Heather Papps

hello internet friend

https://giant.gfycat.com/GloomyThreadbareAfricanwilddog.webm
a 2020 vanisher original, paired with my khanstant lord - a byob classic!

prepuce repurposed

felt cute, might delete later

Luvcow posted:

that one really weird grad student on the dig: *sweating, breathing heavily* "yeah... yeah that's a butthole..."

Nosfereefer

you scientists were too busy asking whether or not you could, you never took the time to ask yourself whether you should look at dinosaur assholes

Nosfereefer fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jan 20, 2021

alnilam

https://giant.gfycat.com/GloriousDemandingKoodoo.webm
ty prof. crocodile

biosterous

Nosfereefer posted:

you scientists were too busy asking whether or not you could, you never took the time to ask yourself whether you should look at dinosaur assholes

i mean sometimes the answer is an instant "well yes obviously we should" so i don't really fault them this time

thank you heather papps for this sig!!!

more falafel please

forums poster

Behold Your Oviraptor's Butthole

sig by the one and only heather papps!

google THIS

Jeff Goldblum: (sheepishly) Life, uh...

Baby dinosaur with Jeff Goldblum's face: ...finds a way.

Nosfereefer

a huge breakthrough. soon technology will allow us to preserve dinosaur buttholes at industrial scales

Luvcow

google THIS posted:

Jeff Goldblum: (sheepishly) Life, uh...

Baby dinosaur with Jeff Goldblum's face: ...finds a way.

https://giant.gfycat.com/FrankTightButterfly.webm

thanks to manifisto for the amazing sig

Royal Updog

Do you ever wonder if there are other planets out there
(source)

dinasaur b-holes had majestic plumage. sorry if you're too square to handle it, this is what science is

original sig do not steal

Heather Papps

hello internet friend

Royal Updog posted:

dinasaur b-holes had majestic plumage. sorry if you're too square to handle it, this is what science is

https://giant.gfycat.com/GloomyThreadbareAfricanwilddog.webm
a 2020 vanisher original, paired with my khanstant lord - a byob classic!

google THIS

Someday, dad, someday I will draw and sculpt dinosaur buttholes for a living! And then you'll see that I wasn't "wasting my potential," and you will apologize to me, man-to-man!

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.

*starts to blow into 3d model of velociraptor larynx*
"Wait, I have a better idea..."

Prof. Crocodile

That paleontologist told me that *my* butthole was perfect and unique, too. Why do I keep falling for fuccbois?

thank you khanstant for the sigoblin! thanks to Sid Vicious for my early yobmas present! thank you khanstant for the sigoblin!

nut

turns to camera and sighs “it’s a livin”

google THIS

Bump to put both dinosaur butthole threads on page 1

SweetWillyRollbar

Would an advertising executive
Understand where the homeless live?
Would he know about the bubbles in his glass?
Would the bubbles in his glass
Understand what the man's golf cart is?
Do they know you can die frozen underneath an overpass?

Oh poo poo! I didn't see this thread when I posted mine!

prepuce repurposed

felt cute, might delete later

the b-hole™ is all about respectable buttholes regardless off phylum

cruft

This is big enough butthole news that it deserves two BYOB threads minimum. Honestly I'd be shocked if this butthole news hadn't leaked into other forums as well.

Prof. Crocodile

cruft posted:

This is big enough butthole news that it deserves two BYOB threads minimum. Honestly I'd be shocked if this butthole news hadn't leaked into other forums as well.

the bhole was prominently featured in geebus last week.

thank you khanstant for the sigoblin! thanks to Sid Vicious for my early yobmas present! thank you khanstant for the sigoblin!

google THIS

cruft posted:

butthole

google THIS

The second preserved dinosaur butthole is going to have a tough act to follow

cruft

google THIS posted:

The second preserved dinosaur butthole is going to have a tough act to follow

Buttholes following buttholes in some sort of butthole parade. What a concept.

FutonForensic

breaking news: the hole has been stolen. the gape has been crapnapped. a nation in tears

Stoner Sloth

FutonForensic posted:

breaking news: the hole has been stolen. the gape has been crapnapped. a nation in tears

our country gapes with grief

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut and Heather Papps!!- ty friends!

google THIS

FutonForensic posted:

mrw we finally find it again

cruft

How can it be both "perfect" and "unique"?

Like, a perfect butthole would be an ideal butthole, right? And you would expect that the ideal butthole is in fact the normal butthole. So by virtue of being perfect, it cannot be unique.

I rest my case.

Nosfereefer

if we evolved from dinosaurs, why are there still buttholes around?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FutonForensic

cruft posted:

How can it be both "perfect" and "unique"?

Like, a perfect butthole would be an ideal butthole, right? And you would expect that the ideal butthole is in fact the normal butthole. So by virtue of being perfect, it cannot be unique.

I rest my case.

it's the Platonic concept of perfection... like when you look at the statue of Adonis and understand that it's the ideal form of man but it's far from common... this is Adonis' butthole, but if he were a dinosaur

by Khanstant