Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

How long will our dead, gay politics last?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Grapplejack posted:

She's probably considering a run at Schumer rather than the presidency tbh

She will never buck the party line again. Schumer is safe.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I can't think of many people less hip than Pete. He is like the stereotype of the college kid that narcs out his dorm mates for smoking pot for literally no gain other than the satisfaction that the Rules have been followed.

He has "I wish he was my grandson" energy from the boomers though so there's that.

Tom Guycot posted:

She will never buck the party line again. Schumer is safe.

Yeah she know's her role is a twitch streamer that sometimes gets quoted by politico. She is irrelevant as a House member since her party line vote is secure.

Eggplant Squire has issued a correction as of 19:15 on Mar 24, 2021

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Eggplant Squire posted:

I can't think of many people less hip than Pete. He is like the stereotype of the college kid that narcs out his dorm mates for smoking pot for literally no gain other than the satisfaction that the Rules have been followed.

He has "I wish he was my grandson" energy from the boomers though so there's that.

he cancelled a campaign event at a gay club because it had a dancer pole

quote:

Update: The pole has been identified by patrons as a dancer pole, rather than a stripper pole.

A Providence, R.I., fundraiser for Pete Buttigieg's presidential campaign was moved at the last minute because of a stripper pole, according to people associated with the Friday night event.

Originally planned for the the Dark Lady, a gay bar in the Rhode Island capital, the fundraiser was moved after Buttigieg staff became aware of the pole and realized it couldn't be taken down. The event — starring Chasten, Buttigieg's husband — was then moved to the Hotel Providence, according to the Providence Journal.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Trabisnikof posted:

he cancelled a campaign event at a gay club because it had a dancer pole

Yeah that was amazing and how you know he is beyond square and the demographics he's trying to appeal to.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Tiberius Christ posted:

Jack Allison had the right idea, don't debate in good faith because that's what Vaush and Destiny want, just make fun of them until they're so frustrated they hang up on you

Yeah, I always cringe when someone tries to be earnest with people like this. You deal with liberals by out-condescending them and acting exasperated.

It's kind of similar to the way you deal with conservatives, actually; it's always a terrible idea to be earnest.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Eggplant Squire posted:

i agree but the dinosaurs running the party think he's appealing to young people instead of the reality, which is that Pete is the kind of guy most young people make fun of for being a loving sociopathic nerd whose entire driving force throughout his entire life has been "i will be president one day"

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Good, KHive, good. :evilbuddy:

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

lol it owns that this loving rodent was ahead of the eventual president and he got squeezed out by party machinery in action and then turned down a position where he'd actually have the material capacity to build himself all kinds of intraparty alliances and loyalty and poo poo but opted for a job where he can post pictures of train lines that will never be built

but no no Pete is totally a strategic supergenius and definitely not an overeducated apple-polisher

The crazy thing about Pete weirdos is they love this poo poo. Hell they probably prefer their guy having to take the long incremental path to power to gaining it instantly. Wouldn't be proper that way.

Power is a thing to pursued very slowly and carefully, and once obtained, must be admired but never, ever used

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

are the terms "senile" and "racist"?

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.

Deified Data posted:

The crazy thing about Pete weirdos is they love this poo poo. Hell they probably prefer their guy having to take the long incremental path to power to gaining it instantly. Wouldn't be proper that way.

Power is a thing to pursued very slowly and carefully, and once obtained, must be admired but never, ever used

It’s amazing that they feel like Pete is doing things “the right way” after had his shady app-developer friends gently caress with the delegate totaling to fluff up his vote numbers.

The little rat should have been investigated and at the very least booted from the Democrats, but he cheated to stop Bernie so he’s rewarded instead.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Eggplant Squire posted:

I've been saying this for like two years now, Pete brings out a visceral reaction in me because he's the wrong kind of nerd, the rules-fetishist suckup nerd, the everything-is-college-resume-material nerd, the nerd who does SAT prep without his parents telling him to

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Deified Data posted:

he is of course completely unqualified to be sec of transportation which kind of invalidates that entire concept but that's neither here nor there

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

RasperFat posted:

It’s amazing that they feel like Pete is doing things “the right way” after had his shady app-developer friends gently caress with the delegate totaling to fluff up his vote numbers.

The little rat should have been investigated and at the very least booted from the Democrats, but he cheated to stop Bernie so he’s rewarded instead.

god the loving coin toss alone

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.

loquacius posted:

god the loving coin toss alone

But he was just a kid!

https://twitter.com/awzurcher/status/1224533900946485250?s=21

It’s so obvious he lied about it lol.

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

RasperFat posted:

slight correction: power is only ever to be used in preventing a leftist uprising

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

RasperFat posted:

But he was just a kid!

It's so much worse than I remember.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

weird that the Democrats are all about apps these days, but coin tossing was the exception and they didn't use a randomization app

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
use dice or something for fucks sake

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

RasperFat posted:

But he was just a kid!

Pete had that boy killed afterward. the code of Omerta.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

https://twitter.com/jessehawken/status/1372924093922734086

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Never, ever forget that Pete and his campaign of assholes fought to have the satellite locations on the Iowa primary thrown out since they went for Sanders, those locations having large minority representation. Between that, the coin flip, that app his campaign was tied to, his manager being behind the Republcan Senate in New York, and him declaring victory ahead of the results and he isn't even a nerd that wants to do things by the rules, he's just a corrupt power hungry creep.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

RasperFat posted:

The opposite - he "technically" won Iowa, which is the best way to win at anything. If he merely won by getting more votes it would have been sullied - a vulgar thing, to be liked by the people. A true technocrat doesn't need the people to win, he needs systems, and Pete unambiguously had the systems in place to win.

It's a shame for him that Iowa was the only race the dems needed him for lol

Eggplant Squire posted:

Never, ever forget that Pete and his campaign of assholes fought to have the satellite locations on the Iowa primary thrown out since they went for Sanders, those locations having large minority representation. Between that, the coin flip, that app his campaign was tied to, his manager being behind the Republcan Senate in New York, and him declaring victory ahead of the results and he isn't even a nerd that wants to do things by the rules, he's just a corrupt power hungry creep.

Pete playing by rules that don't apply to normal people doesn't mean he wasn't playing by the rules. Bernie broke the rules by campaigning in those same satellite locations, which is why he is recorded as the loser.

I can't stress enough how there was absolutely no chance of Bernie ever winning. It was literally all ephemeral.

Deified Data has issued a correction as of 19:46 on Mar 24, 2021

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Pete's husband being named Chasten is proof that we live in a simulation

the 2016 lover
May 29, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/DailyMail/status/1374794623365869579

duomo
Oct 9, 2007

Soiled Meat

RasperFat posted:

But he was just a kid!

had to have high high hopes for a flippin'

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

lmao gently caress it, you deal with it!

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
she can replace the prison slave labor firefighters with migrant slave labor firefighters :unsmith:

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

this should go about as well as trupm putting pence in charge of covid

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
just in time for wildfire season!

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Is slave master kamala going to send troops into Mexico to arrest parents

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

No fire will be left unfought.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

just like to add a LOL that Cuomo just waited it out and it loving worked lmao

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

RasperFat posted:

https://twitter.com/jonwalkerdc/status/1374768785027072001?s=21

It’s amazing how easily media personalities slip into gaslighting.

Biden has been working to make every popular policy shittier, but somehow he’s implementing a populist strategy.

fracking ban popularity poll pre/post biden speech dot gif

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans

lmao "stemming flow"

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

loquacius posted:

just like to add a LOL that Cuomo just waited it out and it loving worked lmao

when you think about it it's completely bonkers that anyone has ever resigned from any political position they weren't about to be fired from

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

wow, president Harris

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
if anyone knows how to reduce overcrowding, it's california ag kamala H.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Bideo James posted:

lmao "stemming flow"

The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere there are immigrants.