Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

team penske hit the gas pedal challenge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse

Eric McClure has died. Sad to hear.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

Sick of KyBu?
Try KUBU, The Cooler Busch.

I just saw that today also. I actually got to meet him in Charlotte once. He was doing like an autograph/meet and greet type thing for Hefty and he seemed genuinely appreciative that somebody actually came over and wanted to meet him and get his autograph. I still have the signed hero card stashed away somewhere.

seventimessix
Jul 18, 2011

That new Camaro is a fantastic looking car, it really mirrors the production car and stands out from the other 2. And it has functional hood vents!

seventimessix fucked around with this message at 23:11 on May 5, 2021

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

Sick of KyBu?
Try KUBU, The Cooler Busch.

From what I was reading it sounds like all 3 cars are going to have functional vents.

NASCAR.com posted:

Each of the three Next Gen models will have manufacturer-specific hood louvers, a release point for ducts that transfer air out of radiator.

What I found pretty interesting is the addition of the rear facing camera. Like is it going to be a "rear view mirror" that is just a screen or like a wide shot of what is going on back there? Also how long until there is a problem with somebody's rear view mirror not working and they are flying completely blind, except for a spotter, as far as what is behind them?

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2021/05/05/stock-reborn-nascar-manufacturers-unveil-next-gen-models-for-2022-cup-series/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Rear view cameras are in 24 hour races and are cool as hell.

The vette one even has like targeting so it warns you when a dentist and an LMP2 is dive bombing you from 500m back.