Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

teagone posted:

Lol, "hostile." Just lmao. Quote me when you're lumped in with chuds or called a cultist for liking different cape poo poo.

Has Zaphod42 done that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

AdmiralViscen posted:

Like, you have to really be *trying* to not know poo poo about any of this if you don’t know what went on with Ray Fisher by now. It goes beyond this movie. It has to be trolling, and if it is, it’s really gross to do it with a victim of racism

No, most people don't know

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

AdmiralViscen posted:

Most people who follow the industry enough to frequent movie message boards behind a $10 paywall*

Don’t worry though, the post was a joke

It's ok, I chuckled at the idea that you're a racist if you don't follow the comic book men close enough to know the behind the scenes

Seriously though, don't expect anyone to actually know any of that

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

2house2fly posted:

If I remember right, Endgame also implies that animals got snapped. Like when Hulk wishes everyone back, the first sign it worked is birds flying around, right? Which is nuts to think about. Like there's a billion cows in the world, so 500 million cows got snapped, and then reappeared 5 years later out of nowhere

It was half of all life, meaning, as someone pointed out, the survivors all had some pretty intense nightmare shits from the missing stomach flora immediately after

I really liked Endgame but I'll always enjoy Infinity War more for the kid behind me getting super excited that Thor was going to save the day then crying "Spider-man nooo" when he didn't lmao

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

2house2fly posted:

Intense chaos vibes to resolve the overpopulation crisis by taking away half of the food

Thanos is Titan's dumbest scientist

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

2house2fly posted:

I was fuming because they almost had Thanos dead to rights but Star Lord hosed it up because he realised Thanos killed his girlfriend. Which is fine whatever, but Dr Strange knew that would happen and didn't just imprison Star Lord in a time bubble or some poo poo when the time came? Somehow getting the glove off Thanos would be worse than letting him snap half the universe and then letting him get drat near to snapping the whole thing??

Apparently he always gets it back after

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Timby posted:

It was like Endgame was pretending to be some epic masterwork like Lawrence of Arabia or a Terence Malick movie, not three loving hours of action figures smashing together.

Anyway, back to Justice League, :v:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Gatts posted:

Speaking of which someone convince Scorsese to do a cape flick.

Martin Scorsese's Made Man

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Good movie, terrible costume lol

Trash movie, failures in all regards

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

AccountSupervisor posted:

Reading the Snydercut book and its actually pretty fascinating

That quote reminds me of game modders compared to professionals

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I don't think that's the oldest lie actually

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Schwarzwald posted:

Between covid keeping me away from folks and most of my online friend circles not caring about superhero films, there mostly hasn't been a reaction. The closest thing was maybe my Mom saying she wanted to see "a director's cut" of JL after watching the Joss cut on a whim some months ago. :lol:

Yeah beyond the Halo logo thing I don't know anyone who cares. It came up briefly in a movie discussion on Slack at work but immediately switched topics to Marvel shows

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

lol

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

So what does our lord and savior Joker Christ end up doing in the movie

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

LesterGroans posted:

Talking poo poo to Batman

fart simpson posted:

literally nothing. he only showed up in one of batman's dreams after the movie ended.

Lame but good to know this is skippable then

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Darko posted:

Why? He's genuinely pretty good in his short scene.

I'm not watching four hours for that but I'll look it up on youtube

quote:

The Snyder cut is pretty embarrassingly pro cop and more than anything this will be why it bombs.

That's superheroes in general

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

STEPPENWOLF charges forward, swinging his axe. A SHITHEAD POLICE OFFER is nearby.

CYBORG: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEuU64Zt4B0

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER posted:

I'm an hour in and there have been two nick cave songs and two gratuitous scenes of aquaman getting shirtless so looking pretty good so far

Lol really, which ones?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Serious question: did people trying filming in a 1:1 ratio for very long? How long did we go with it if we ever did?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

:stonk:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Aidan_702 posted:

Steppenwolf legitimately looked exactly like one of my cats at several points

The birds in The Last Jedi looked exactly like my big cat and I laughed every time I saw them

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Marthan Manhunter

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Miss Lonelyhearts posted:

Also the biggest thing I couldn't accept is how these characters just accept the institutional forces like money and prison are stronger than themselves.

To be fair, Rich Man is powered by money, so he would accept that

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Aidan_702 posted:

I’m not American is the National Review a fash site or am I mixing it up it with something else

Yep

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Its Chocolate posted:

I'm watching a torrent of this and it's so Epic lol. it starts with Superman's yelp echoing around the whole world in slow mo, including this terrible composite shot of Zuckerberg

then there's a scene with a bunch of pointless tension between Batman and Aquaman's adopted village in Greenland and it ends with some women singing finnish as they stare at the water for two minutes

whoever said this is the most Snyder thing ever was correct

Yo Clark get me out of this whack-rear end metal prison

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

He should have committed and embraced 3:4

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Timby posted:

I have no doubt that it's the reason "Distant Sky" is in the movie; it's one of the songs from the Skeleton Tree album that Nick Cave wrote about the death of his son.

"They told us our dreams would outlive us.

They told us our gods would outlive us.

But they lied..." :smith:

The next album, Ghosteen, is about processing and accepting that grief too

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The Rogue One intro is one of the funniest things I've ever watched and it really shouldn't be

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The anti-life equation was in the IHOP the whole time

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

"Hopepunk" as a term's been around a while and it's never described anything good

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Zaphod42 posted:

That's... wildly dumb. But its not worth losing sleep over what GBS says.

The gbs thread linked the description of the justice is grey version. It describes the Snydercut with the words grim and dark lol

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

pospysyl posted:

The replies to this thread really bummed me out. His followers just can't stand that he enjoys a movie that they already decided is bad, evil, or stupid. Even a guy they apparently respect can't get them to re-analyze their prejudices.

Hbomb has the Wrong Opinions on the bad snyder man, the star wars prequels, and best From game Dark Souls 2, but he's cool and good anyway

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Arkage posted:

Everyone who hates Snyder is hate buying it.

Plus anyone who heard that Zack Snyder's "Justice League" was good and doesn't know

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Sodomy Hussein posted:

Frankly I was upset he didn't put in more. $100,000 will not buy 1/4th of the space she needs in a major city.

It sounds like it won't really be a problem with how the movie ends

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Halloween Jack posted:

The whole furor over SnyderBros is in fact similar to the centrist hatred for "Bernie Bros." The obviously crazy idea that a bunch of randos on social media are in cahoots, and that the person they're a fan of could possibly be responsible for them and their beliefs.

Wasn't the prototypical Bernie Bro a cspammer who got perma'd recently?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Neurolimal posted:

Taintrunner, guy who obnoxiously attacked anyone he thought was insufficiently leftist, not only turned out to be a sex pest but also crashed at Sady Doyle's place, who wrote the original Bernie Bro article. It's extremely possible that he was the inspiration.

And people say SA isn't relevant anymore :v:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I still maintain Hillary supporters should've been referred to as "hill folk"

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Pirate Jet posted:

Justice is Gray Edition is up on HBO Max. Sorry folks, still no We live in a society line.

Pathetic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

2house2fly posted:

TLJ wishes it was as good as BVS

Only a third of TLJ is boring, as opposed to all of it, making it the superior film