Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Vegas seems like the premier place to shill overpriced garbage to rubes with more money than sense or taste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

https://twitter.com/sleezsisters/status/1386714680249372679?s=20

Just most of these in the thread are horrific or just freaking weird.

hallo spacedog has a new favorite as of 22:54 on May 3, 2021

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

zedprime posted:

Can't tell if it took surprisingly long to get to or not long enough but here's a lovely soup that I imagine goes great with speed.

That's all I could think too... that soup seems like it would be an edible food if I was crazy hopped up on drugs.

Edit - not even canned broth just veggies and water huh...

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

When I was little my dad would drink a ton of coke/diet coke and I wanted to have it too, so as a compromise my mom would mix it with milk and give it to me.

I would drink it because I was a toddler who didn't know better but thinking about it now it is pretty disgusting.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Daktar posted:

How on earth did it not curdle?

It did, it's disgusting. Especially the diet coke ones.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Tomato sando is delicious but who needs a recipe for one. Really weird.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Any flat sandwich is improved by frying, but with mayo. Don't knock it till you try it, better crisp than butter and doesn't change the flavour profile of the sandwich like butter does. You don't even taste the mayo.

This is true. You can also add a little bit of butter in the pan for that buttery bread taste if so desired.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

.Z. posted:

edit: twice. I did it twice...

Maybe I should get some more sleep.

Some actual content:

Who wants some charcoal and iron ice cream?
https://soranews24.com/2021/04/28/w...-test%e3%80%91/

For the pica sufferers among us.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Is that real? It honestly looks photoshopped.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

What kind of unholy blood slurry is this?

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

Self-quoting since no-one picked up on the bottle of peanut butter-infused whisky that's been sitting in our kitchen since forever. I'm still terrified to try after a nightmarish experience involving Jim Beam and green apple flavour, designed by a future anti-human AI to replicate the taste of apple in the matrix.

The label says it's 70% WOOF..

I'm an aficionado of disgusting liquors. I actually enjoy many of the various flavored Jim Beams that always get dunked on in this thread. I have willingly purchased Red Stag before. I will drink Fireball if it is placed in front of me. I have a mental index of which cheap vodkas are drinkable by flavor. My standards are pretty low.

This PB whiskey was pretty gross and I would not drink it again. I also tried the competitor brand and would not drink that one again either.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Ror posted:

guaranteed some goon is going to post that they're definitely down for that stuff

I wonder what size pickle they use

It's me, I would absolutely drink this.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Protip - take some of the beaten egg and mix into the rice, coating the rice in it before you start frying for an extra delicious texture and taste.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Impressive... Alcohol even I wouldn't drink.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Donkey posted:

The dessert itself was really good but at that point we could barely eat any more. There's something legitimately wrong with those "1/5 stars: I went here and was so hungry afterwards we had to go get hamberders" people.

My parents are really into fancy food and growing up always took us to crazy restaurants in NYC etc. They brought me and my ex to Alinea once as well. I don't think I have ever had a meal at one of those places where I wasn't unreasonably stuffed to the gills afterwards so I agree with you completely.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Aardvark! posted:

if you ever wonder why ppl from the inland parts of the midwest don't like fish, well, enjoy this picture

I'm the wilted hot lettuce and wrinkly tomato.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Sirotan posted:

Pumpkin has almost no flavor by itself, in fact most canned pumpkin pie filling you'll find in the US is actually a blend of various squashes and a bunch of spices and sugar mixed in. "Pumpkin spice" in anything outside of a pie usually just means cinnamon, sugar, nutmeg, clove, and ginger.

If this meant pumpkin and spice/spices (like that which would go into a curry or stew or chili) then I could see this being good. I occasionally make a chili that has canned pumpkin (the unspiced kind) that's really tasty. However I think you're right that pumpkin spice means that particular combination of pumpkin pie flavors and yes... Also would not.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

I would drink this

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Roundup Ready posted:

Dew and bourbon go together surprisingly well. Kinda like a lovely whiskey sour. Drunk bartender friend called it the hillbilly highball.

We do this with Baja blast, especially the freezy version.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Those specific peas are what my mom uses to make rice balls (arancini) at Christmas time but literally nothing else over the course of the year.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

The ramen ones are carbonated. :barf:

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

I don't think it's going to be warm either.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

All the Singaporean fast food I see online is like straight up bonkers stuff, why is that?

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

madeintaipei posted:

They have a lot of stuff to choose from. There are many, many people of different ethinicities in a very, very small place, each with a different take on fast food. Couple this with a robust public transit system, generally small kitchens, and a fairly high quality of living, and folks are going to eat out a lot. Why not mix things up, keep the menu interesting? The ingredients are available, if not cheap. Big port, great location for that sort of thing.

Democratization of society, one Chinese-Indian-Malay-Indonesian-[add more here] fusion hot dog stand at a time.

I meant more like from big chains with Oreo chocolate melty cheese pizza hut type stuff than small fusiony places as those actually sound cool and good

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Bibliotechno Music posted:

But…
But…
What food are they actually serving?

Please tell me they’re serving food.

They're all just normal drinks - the urine ones are black tea, fresh apple juice, green tea, honey lemon and like a health supplement drink, while the menstrual pad ones have orange, pomegranate and tomato juices on the top row, alcohol like red wine, cassis orange, bloody Mary in the second.

Still loving gross though.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Not proud but same

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

That's still far more effort in a recipe than I could possibly imagine from something from a 1996 Archie comic or whatever

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

The mushrooms are just going to dissipate into umami slurry so it's no big deal. You could add a little more Worcester or a dash of soy sauce or whatever instead.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

I feel like if you're an American of a certain age ants on a log was like preschool snack 101, do kids not eat this anymore?

I still make em for myself just no raisins because gently caress raisins

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Ziv Zulander posted:

To translate this, tiggum doesn’t know the difference between regular raisins and golden raisins, but he’s vaguely aware that currants are something else entirely

I thought sultanas were dried dates, not golden raisins... This is very unsettling.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

EoinCannon posted:

texture is important, iceberg has a unique texture

This - there are other more flavorful leaves but sometimes you just want the unique structured cold crispy feel and mild bittersweet water flavor of iceberg as a salad dressing or topping delivery vehicle.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Aardvark! posted:

Today's keywords are innovative and plating

Why the little dessert dicks? Complete with head and other details.

I think this person should leave.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

LifeSunDeath posted:

I cook it in a pot with the lid cracked and some oil, it cooks fast and it's good but not as fluffy as microwave corn, toss on some garlic salt.

This is how I've always made it and it tastes waaayyy better to me than microwave.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

SkyeAuroline posted:

The gift that keeps on giving: this cookbook

See I can imagine eating that sandwich and enjoying it but what makes it oriental?!

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Data Graham posted:

I will reiterate that the "spice" that caused the British and Dutch to lay waste to entire East Indian civilizations was loving NUTMEG

Nutmegs ok but it's no cardamom.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Is this salt man?

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

It took me like 30 seconds to realize that what my brain thought was the world's palest fried chicken was actually chicken salad?

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

The Bloop posted:

I can't imagine I'll ever have enough money to go to a $$$$ restaurant and just be happy with a stick, a drop of sauce, one shrimp dick, and some foam

gently caress all of that

I don't really like to go to super fancy restaurants but my parents love it so I have been to many with them - they usually serve you like 15 plates like that. I never left anything less than stuffed to the gills from one of those places.

They are still mostly too much of a to do for me to really enjoy though.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

uber_stoat posted:

i eat kiwis with the skin ON. :unsmigghh:

Same - I don't feel any weird texture when eating them but it tastes good. And skin usually has fiber/nutrients!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

eating only apples posted:

I've always eaten kiwi skin. It's the sour bit!

Some lovely canned fish:

https://twitter.com/BootstrapCook/status/1452977784171769860

Had similar for lunch today. Delicious

This doesn't even remotely belong here it looks awesome.
Edit also your username is a lie!