Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

Galewolf posted:

-You destroyed an entire building to get one x-ray!!
-You're welcome :smuggo:

Or, alternatively:

-You destroyed an entire building to get one X-ray!!!
-X-ray? :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Put me where I’m needed most

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Wait what did I miss sign up? I want to shoot aliens please

Edit: also you should get a ban if you abandon this thread for the 3rd time

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Olewithmilk posted:

Put me in boss, I''ll die for my country or die trying!

Mozi posted:

i'll do a car

Actual groundcar or the other lovely flyer? Cause we're probably gonna keep that groundcar but it won't get much use until we have our second base.

Chrs posted:

Put me where I’m needed most

It's up to you, if you want you can be a nerd and probably not see combat too much, or a pilot. Eventually we will be hiring new recruits, but not until after the first mission.

Butterfly Valley posted:

Wait what did I miss sign up? I want to shoot aliens please

Edit: also you should get a ban if you abandon this thread for the 3rd time

Yeah if you wanted agent :(. You can wait and get into the second round of hires or pick nerd or pilot. I feel like in this difficulty people will be dying more often. And no this one is going ALL THE WAY, either to victory or total defeat. I'm not going to let goons have such free reign on research cause that slows it down way bad lol.

Alright then while we wait for the equipment i'm ordering to get delivered take a look at what the deal is out here. Our job is to kill all aliens, but it's a little more complicated than that.

There's like 20 or something idk. A lot of different stuff going on.
    The tl;dr is
  • we don't know who's friends with who, or who's enemies with who
  • we have no allies right now. The Government and the Cops are leaning friendly.
  • everyone else is neutral to us, except one is actively hostile:

If they decide to get aggressive they might try to raid our base, or at minimum if we show up trying to stop the aliens they'll actively do their best to shoot our guys.

But! Because they're an insane cult they'll always be allied to the aliens, and they'll always end up being our enemy. So there's nothing stopping us from just showing up, kicking the door in, and stealing everything not bolted down. We're an extralegal secret organization! We can do whatever we want!

In superhuman it seems like the cult is a lot stronger than I'm used to. They have six bases and the first one of them is extra huge in size.
    Do we want to raid the cult to steal their poo poo?
  1. Temple of the Apocalypse
  2. Temple of the Millennium
  3. Temple of the Visitors
  4. Temple of Humility
  5. Temple of Doom
  6. Temple of Sanity
  7. Uh no actually we should stick to the job description.
If we do the raid and everyone comes home alive we could end up scoring some pretty good guns and illegal space drugs. If we decide not to do this everyone will be fresh and ready to get launched into ALIEN INFILTRATION missions where we have to pretty much ghostbuster our way through some building or other.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Actual groundcar or the other lovely flyer? Cause we're probably gonna keep that groundcar but it won't get much use until we have our second base.

whichever is more glorious!

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

It's up to you, if you want you can be a nerd and probably not see combat too much, or a pilot. Eventually we will be hiring new recruits, but not until after the first mission.

I’ll be a pilot

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I vote we raid the Temple of Doom. How can we not experience that?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Mozi posted:

whichever is more glorious!

Chrs posted:

I’ll be a pilot

The only pilot slot left is for the literal car with a machine gun strapped to it. There's no way to add in cargo space so it's only good for transporting agents around.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
I think that we should completely raze a Cult building, just lob grenades and ammunition at it from the street and kill anyone that shoots back, to make sure that everyone knows the consequences for tax evasion.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Sanity should be the first to go:freakout:

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

One vote for raiding the gently caress out of cultists from the Engineering, bring something we can dismantle, if possible.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

The only pilot slot left is for the literal car with a machine gun strapped to it. There's no way to add in cargo space so it's only good for transporting agents around.

I’m happy with that

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Put me in coach I'm ready to die!

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
if you want agent you're going on backorder with the other ravenous murdergoons

looking like it's gonna be raid but it's tied so i'm gonna go smoke some cigs and find the right track for this one. Another little known fact about this game is that finding the correct soundtrack is absolutely critical for success. If it's tied when we're go for mission launch i'll flip coins for the target.

Ritz On Toppa Ritz
Oct 14, 2006

You're not allowed to crumble unless I say so.
Another vote for Cult raiding.
::goes back to legos::

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
songtrack suggestion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPmruHc4S9Q

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

Doom raid

Discernibly Turgid
Mar 30, 2010

This was not the improvement I was asking for!
I want to kill. Since Angry called dibs on the sword I will wield (and probably due by) explosives until I can pull the blade from his cold, dead hands Excalibur style, but I’ll do it in a clumsy fashion that hurts me.

Unless I’d make a better physicist. I’d like to escape real life, but a role is a role.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

By popular demand posted:

Sanity should be the first to go:freakout:

kicking things off by kicking over the temple of sanity sounds like a perfect way to get things started

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Put me in, standard machine gun loadout is fine.

e: And pull their beating hearts out of their chests at the Temple of Doom.

HBar fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Feb 20, 2021

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Put me in whenever something opens up

Plumps
Apr 21, 2010
DOOM

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

I wanna bash some alien skull. Again.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
Hello yes I am an authentic human who wishes to direct their physical form into combat against unsavory aliens.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

alright that's some new guns delivered and a new engine and some special grenades that might be fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGIE28q3fEA
https://i.imgur.com/5HVKjnl.mp4
The ride over was uneventful. Seems like this place is right next to the Senate, that's cool.

Looks like a fancy-pants zone, lotta marble columns and poo poo like that. Jihad Joe immediately finds something interesting.

That's straight cash money but we'll go into it later.

Everyone else spreads out and starts looking for more loot. I forgot I gave Grundma a motion scanner and we flip it on:

Right, so those bright sigs are the other squad, which means the dim ones down there are the cultists. They're moving more slowly and gotta be in that shadowy unscouted zone.

https://i.imgur.com/Cm95F35.gifv
Yup! Luckily our CRACK TEAM was ON THE BALL and immediately failed to light 'em up.

The next clip came out weird because my program has a real hard time if you accidentally do really long captures and it gets real difficult to find the dead spots and cut them.

Anyway the first thing to do is just shoot whatever is in your way, gently caress those curtains there could be cultists lurking in there. Unfortunately there's a shitload of cultists and they weren't all exactly where I expected them to be...
https://i.imgur.com/ZDJ6tys.mp4

I hosed up some of the capture but Olewithmilk gets the first kill and then things immediately go to poo poo:
https://i.imgur.com/CDyyLKy.gifv
Electric Hobo is dead, basted by a hail of rockets and yet somehow survived just long enough to bleed out at the beginning if the turn. Jihad Joe and mind the walrus are bleeding out with critical wounds.

Ole continues the murder spree. Diplomat immediately begins one. bale also goes in for revenge.
https://i.imgur.com/87vVVK3.gifv

Lobotomy kid does some high speed brain surgery and spots another cultist. I make the decision to evacuate Joe & walrus so they can self stabalize outside a combat zone. It ends up being Grundma who puts the finishing blow on another one. I think there's only two or three left.
https://i.imgur.com/2tcoXu7.gifv

There were three. Lobotomy and Diplomat take them out:
https://i.imgur.com/g5FPgyV.gifv

Ole got first blood, but Lobotomy I think already has one more kill.
RIP Electric Hobo, we hardly knew ye. Tomorrow we'll go over the loot and hire the next goon to replace Hobo.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

SniperWoreConverse fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Feb 20, 2021

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

ive always wanted to be a car with a machine gun strapped to it.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Engineering Memo to the field team: Hey guys, do you mind dropping that Psiclone you have "found" during the latest "community outreach" missions? Preferably covered in less alien ejaculate this time.

Respectfully, Engineer Galewolf

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

In as team lead. I didn't mod your research skill you just naturally are an 100% effective lab tech. In order to do literally anything you guys will need more samples and so i have you figuring out how to safely transport them

also nobody had any votes for naming the base, it's a warehouse where the front door faces a recycling plant, and out back is a sewage treatment plant. Everything else nearby is needlessly-complicated overpasses and what appears to be the front for a criminal enterprise.

Augh yeah, a natural 100. :smug:

I had the guys down at the lab get together for this module project . We've go a working prototype up and running after a few hours; we were unsure if the aliens would be the sentient slime kind of guys, or the creepy slime dripping monsters that want to wear your skeleton. In any case we figured that both types had something to do with slime, so we made a vessel for holding slime.
Yeah I know it's highly reminiscent of the disposable plastic cups from the vending machine down the hall, but I assure you any similarity is entirely superficial.

Any way good luck and bring us back some of that slime!

Suggested base name: Reclaimed Proteins Ltd.

e: and god bless to our fallen *pours out plastic cup*

Dumb Sex-Parrot fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Feb 20, 2021

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

o7 to are fallen hobo goonrade

Frances Nurples
May 11, 2008

I would love to be a science guy and hopefully be helpful before I die in an inevitable invasion/lab explosion, if there's room for anything like that.

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Emotionally drained and spookified

Toilet Rascal
Oh man, I loved this game. Insanely overambitious, unfinished dos games are the best. Sign me up for the cannon fodder backlog, boss!

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Count me in, can I be a hybrid?

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

gently caress yes :black101:

muffler
Feb 12, 2021

by sebmojo
put me in on the second or third line of agents coach

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

Ole got first blood

:blastu:

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

Sign me up when there's space please!

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

i'm down to clown. sign me up as and engineer, or whatever's needed. i'm not picky.

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

The secret of steel has always
carried with it a mystery.

Put me down this time as an agent when you get the chance boss. Something with very little responsibility but looks very important so no questions get asked. An autocannon with HE ammo is perfect, something you'd bring and leave in the background because you never know when you'll need one (the correct answer though is never).

Yeah I like my xcom like i like my life.

We should raid Psyche next.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Alright i'll go through and get the recruits list together and just take it from the top whenever we have an opening.

We also had an extra upgraded engine we were able to slap in no problem, it was Zen's old engine.

Lesse

SecretOfSteel posted:

We should raid Psyche next.

They're def not as rich as the cult, and they only have three bases. The problem with raiding them is that they almost 100% WILL retaliate, and they almost certainly have illegal military hardware, more than the cult did, at least. Currently they're neutral and will let bygones be bygones as long as we don't gently caress with them or their allies.

The wiki mentions a psyclone and that's one of the things Joe recovered in the beginning of the cult raid, so they're up to crimes as well as being an insane cult. Basically this is space drugs.

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Count me in, can I be a hybrid?

Maybe by the time the rotation gets to you, yes, but right now we don't have any available to recruit.

The mutant alliance sounds more like xmen than xcom but it's one of the political parties. We don't have a good enough relationship with them to be able to recruit mutants, but we do have the psi gym ready to rock in case we do get any.

Btw Butterfly Valley was the first in line for agent and also the only agent in the game able to be hired so they sign on immediately.

In this game there's a rudimentary simulation aspect and when you hire people they actually leave their old job or apartment and travel across the map to get to base. If this little car gets blown up Butterfly will die.

Looks like he used to work for Osiron, which is our other neighbor besides the sewage plant and recyclotorium. It's also a criminal gang that has "legitimate" businesses.

While i'm doing hires and fires

Discernibly Turgid posted:

I want to kill. Since Angry called dibs on the sword I will wield (and probably due by) explosives until I can pull the blade from his cold, dead hands Excalibur style, but I’ll do it in a clumsy fashion that hurts me.

Unless I’d make a better physicist. I’d like to escape real life, but a role is a role.

Pick whatever you want, either the waiting list for recruits or jump into physics right now

TK-42-1 posted:

Put me in whenever something opens up

I'm guessing this means the list for agents? Got a lot of nerds open.

Speaking of nerds Francis Nurples is the new head of physics

Brute Squad also joins engineering and proceeds to do absolutely nothing

There's currently 11 goons in line for rookie so this is enough for an entire base of agents. Whenever an agent becomes available for hire i'll pull the trigger. There's enough space for two engeneers and 4 physicists and biologists

I'm making the executive decision to not start anymore fights until the base is more secure, so i went ahead and started construction on security stations

Instead of taking the freeway back to base Zen for some reason decided to take a side route through the slums, but we get Electric Hobo's charred carcass and a bunch of gear. New loot is two fuckin missile launchers and two missiles, a bunch of extra low tier guns, a plasma pistol, and 4 psyclones. We need money to help rebuild the base and cover hires, so i sell off the cyber drugs for $18,000. That alone made this mission worth it.

SniperWoreConverse fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Feb 21, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreeMars
Mar 22, 2011
I'll join in wherever you need me