Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: BAGS FLY AT NOON)
Are you a rad suburban dad
No im a city slicker
yes i am a rad suburban dad
goku
Derpies Tuglord
View Results

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
"The Offspring" entire discography on CD, anyone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Still haven’t found an application for my drill press. Someday I will need it for something, and I will be happy I have it. :gbsmith:

Yeah this rototiller may have been a mistake but you know what? It pays to be prepared

Play
Apr 25, 2006

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Hey can I borrow your rototiller?

Uhhhhhh maybe next weekend. Like I always say, you never know

Play
Apr 25, 2006

And put MY precious barbecue equipment on the internet for local thieves to case?? I think NOT

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Lookin pretty fresh in my khaki shorts, pastel blue polo shirt and white crocs. They're more comfortable than you think and yes my orthopedic inserts DO fit inside!!

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Of course, every now and then I bust out my concert tee from Oasis' incredible 1996 tour. But only if I'm feeling frisky

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I went to high school with the heir to the crocs empire. He was pretty messed up even by my high school's standards. He once stole a friend's laptop when I invited him over someplace (I didn't realize how far gone he was at that point). When we used find my device we found out where he was, went there, I punched him in the face and took the laptop and later we found a video on it of him naked with his dick tucked singing shania twain into the webcam.

Just because we're suburban dads doesn't mean we didn't get a little wild back in the old days, believe you me! *laughs obnoxiously*

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Derpies posted:

Here is my suburban dad rig will update op in a bit too with it

that's a beautiful rig, but on your head be the consequences. you know how much that rig would fetch on the black market?

well, neither do I but it's probably a lot!!

Play
Apr 25, 2006

my father in law, who's the most suburban and dadliest suburban dad to ever live in the suburbs, is concerned about the state of my tire treads and warned of the black ice driving over the pass on highway 18

Play
Apr 25, 2006

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Looks like you’re running low on charcoal

that grill cover could use a wash, too. not that I'm trying to tell a man his craft, you understand

-yelled at the top of my lungs over the adjoining fence unprompted

Play
Apr 25, 2006

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Wash....

...the cover...?

Society already judges our suburban dads so harshly, so I won't say a thing more about it

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I wear black dress socks and soccer sandals every day to work. Technically this falls within the dress code since you can't actually see my toes

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Tuesday is a day that only city dads and rural dads should have to deal with impo

Play
Apr 25, 2006

If you pay to get it repaired, or get a new one, it's a wonderful opportunity to complain to your family about how much it costed you

Play
Apr 25, 2006

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Gettin' tired of messing with this weenie battery operated fishing line trimmer. Think it’s time to get an Echo. I’m thinking maybe the PAS-2620 with the Pro edger attachment.

I just trim my fishing line with a pocket knife! HA!

That's a little dad humor for ya

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Cafe Barbarian posted:

I guess you could say it was a 'good' friday

My stolen car got found last Friday, about two hours before I was set to go buy a motorcycle so I'd have some transportation. The Goodest Friday!! For me at least.

Although ngl I'm kind of upset that I don't have an excuse to buy a motorcycle anymore :(. Don't know how I'd justify it to the "the missus"

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I fixed my snowboard with some two stage epoxy last weekend. Never even tried to fix a snowboard before but it seemed to go pretty well.

And yes, us dads can get pretty XTREME too when we want to.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Dig around it with a shovel, then attach a chain as low on it as you can, attach that to your vehicle and pull its bumper right off comically

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I've never had a car payment in my life, too scared of losing my job then losing the car. Instead I just get great deals on ebay for old pieces of poo poo

Play
Apr 25, 2006

drk posted:

Thanks, thats actually pretty useful advice.

Supposedly the nearest place to me with lump charcoal is here, should I go:

Not only should you go but we should tile this as the background to the thread

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Bonzo posted:

Brother I've been sayin' that for YEARS

HEYO

*wives share exasperated looks*

Play
Apr 25, 2006

donkey salami posted:

Does building one of those left over bricks outside pizza ovens count for suburban dad status? Saw this and thinking of trying this weekend.

I'm not sure there could be anything that counts more. Apart from an all-dad cover band where you play bass, but it's second only to that

Play
Apr 25, 2006

A CRAB IRL posted:

I'm buying an air fryer and a smoker tomorrow. Just planted loads of Asian cabbage to make kimchi this summer. My aluminium necked guitar for my hobby sludge / doom band is on the way. Currently browsing mason jars for the four hybrid autoflowers I have going under the eaves. Getting into modular synthesis. Concerned about my choice in log splitters.

How do I rank

You definitely have the consumerism part down, just make sure you only ever use this stuff three times per year or less (but sometimes take the guitar out just to look at it and make sure it didn't get dirty inside the case somehow)

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Sometimes you get that suburban dad who is like hey man wanna “toot toot” while the girls are looking at duvet covers or some poo poo and he’s talking about cocaine.

Pretty sure that means he wants to suck you off. Well I say go for it! Suburban dads need love too

Play
Apr 25, 2006

thathonkey posted:

really good call

Well duh! What if you have to measure the tape measure itself?

Always pays to be prepared :dadjoke:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I like that the thread has correctly identified that being a suburban dad is primarily about buying things, especially things that will only be used a time or two per year, or maybe never

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Destroy your lawn. It is but a set of shackles for your soul and body. Suburban dads rise up!!!

Sorry I watched Braveheart last night. What a movie though. And so historically accurate