Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

uber_stoat posted:

lately i've been revisiting some of the garbage foods of my youth which i hadn't eaten in many many years. got me a big ol bag of totino's pizza rolls and let me tell you, pizza rolls done fell off. i'm not even talking the taste, it was like they had half the filling that i remember from back when. most of them were like half empty bags of fried dough. truly we live in a fallen world.

How many did you eat though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

WEH posted:

I've had these for dinner before and don't really eat frozen dinners so it counts :colbert:

So drat good

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

How many did you eat though

i got through like half the bag over the course of a week before i cut my losses and threw it in the garbage can. rip.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

WEH posted:

I've had these for dinner before and don't really eat frozen dinners so it counts :colbert:

I like the croissant ones too

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

The turkey ones got me through a lot of "gently caress I need to leave in 5 minutes" during college mornings.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

uber_stoat posted:

lately i've been revisiting some of the garbage foods of my youth which i hadn't eaten in many many years. got me a big ol bag of totino's pizza rolls and let me tell you, pizza rolls done fell off. i'm not even talking the taste, it was like they had half the filling that i remember from back when. most of them were like half empty bags of fried dough. truly we live in a fallen world.

the last time i bought pizza rolls i said the same thing! glad it isn't just me. still though, good times with combination pizzy rolls. classic poo poo

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I got those mini pizza bagels a few months ago and they were great. It's probably been 10-20 years since I had one.

I usually get the healthy choice frozen dinners. The Hungry Man ones are nice but poo poo, they're like 1,000 calories.

----------------

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I got those mini pizza bagels a few months ago and they were great. It's probably been 10-20 years since I had one.

I usually get the healthy choice frozen dinners. The Hungry Man ones are nice but poo poo, they're like 1,000 calories.

u need those calories when ur job is lumberjack, boat welder, pipe fitter, railroad spike hammer guy, etc

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

WEH posted:

the Aldi version of these is pretty decent, it has weird orders regarding the reheating at different power levels and whatnot

but it works

I was shocked to bite into a microwave breakfast sandwich and find that it was not, for once, distressingly moist

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

I've never not been disappointed by Hungry Man

Sometimes I'll get a stouffers lasagna or Salisbury steak, or a Marie callender's chicken pot pie.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

WITCHCRAFT posted:

the Aldi version of these is pretty decent, it has weird orders regarding the reheating at different power levels and whatnot

but it works

I was shocked to bite into a microwave breakfast sandwich and find that it was not, for once, distressingly moist

They're not always in stock but I love the Aldi pita pockets. Their one flaw is that the last bite is usually nothing but pita :(

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Smythe posted:

u need those calories when ur job is lumberjack, boat welder, pipe fitter, railroad spike hammer guy, etc

i work here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDztq1wFZvA

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

now that i have finished a box of these i will say they are surprisingly good however they need a dipping sauce of some kind

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Tato posted:

a tribute to a real frozen dinner MVP

the brownie that gets a bunch of corn mixed up into it

classic

----------------

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I always moved my corn into the mashed potatoes section and mixed those up together.

----------------

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I always moved my corn into the mashed potatoes section and mixed those up together.

a pro move

sometimes you can even triple combo this with a dunk in the meat water from the entree cell

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

WITCHCRAFT posted:

a pro move

sometimes you can even triple combo this with a dunk in the meat water from the entree cell

:same:

If there is a "gravy" I mix that in as well.

----------------

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

I go with a Stouffer’s turkey tetrazzini and a tuna noodle casserole because I love salt.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

WITCHCRAFT posted:

a pro move

My brothers.

----------------

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
My Totino's Party Pizzas finally arrived. Ate one for dinner last night. It was everything I hoped it would be.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i bought some french bread pizzas, hadn't eaten one of these things since i was a teenager. thumbs up!! Also only 1 dollar each for the store brand is some serious win.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Aardvark! posted:

i bought some french bread pizzas, hadn't eaten one of these things since i was a teenager. thumbs up!! Also only 1 dollar each for the store brand is some serious win.

those things really punch above their weight if you put some after market parts on them. crazy how good you can make 'em with a few choice additions and so cheap to boot!

----------------

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

uber_stoat posted:

those things really punch above their weight if you put some after market parts on them. crazy how good you can make 'em with a few choice additions and so cheap to boot!

Jalapeños and some additional cheese really goes a long way on them

----------------

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

Zippy the Bummer posted:

My Totino's Party Pizzas finally arrived. Ate one for dinner last night. It was everything I hoped it would be.

Were they packed in dry ice or what. How long was it from shipping to delivery?

I could just go to the store and buy some but I am curious about the logistics of frozen delivery pizza

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES

mlnhd posted:

Were they packed in dry ice or what. How long was it from shipping to delivery?

I could just go to the store and buy some but I am curious about the logistics of frozen delivery pizza

Yes. The grocery stores around here haven't had them so I took matters into my own hands. I think it took two days from shipping to arriving. Came in a Styrofoam cooler with cold packs. 14 pizzas

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Thread got me thinkin' it's time to have a french bread pizza.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you

DessertStorm posted:

The best Friday night after school dinner. The amount of these I ate as a child probably took 28 years off my life. No regrets

lol me and my siblings were raised on convenience foods and Campbell's soup, and even though none of us was over 11 at the time we all ganged up on my mom to stop buying that poo poo because we thought it would kill us. It has to be the saltiest of all frozen meals available in the US.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Myron Baloney posted:

lol me and my siblings were raised on convenience foods and Campbell's soup, and even though none of us was over 11 at the time we all ganged up on my mom to stop buying that poo poo because we thought it would kill us. It has to be the saltiest of all frozen meals available in the US.

haha, usually the reviews you find on google are moderately positive for the most part. not so in this case. everyone hates Banquet chicken.

----------------

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I think I might have Stoufer's frozen lasagna tonight.

----------------

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

I don't know if it counts but I love those frozen pasta bags where they already cooked the noodles and there's frozen discs of sauce in there too. They don't actually taste that great but it's oddly satisfying.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

I don't know if it counts but I love those frozen pasta bags where they already cooked the noodles and there's frozen discs of sauce in there too. They don't actually taste that great but it's oddly satisfying.

I feel this way about Aldi's asian stir fry bagged meals. It's some decent frozen veg mixed with kinda dumpy frozen chicken and a "just okay" tangy sauce but it is oddly satisfying. It's a quick easy meal if you had to run errands after work and got home at like 7pm.

My mom said that before I was born in their young adult times, my parents would sometimes get La Choy canned chop suey with a can of the crunchy chow mein noodles to put on top. Same idea, but it sounds so dire compared to what you can pull out of your rear end from the frozen aisle these days. My dad blames it for his hatred of any "chop suey" type dish to this day.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

sometimes you're in a place where even the prospect of trying to boil water seems an insurmountable task. those things are good for times like that.

----------------

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

I think I used to get the Tyson ones. Anyway the pro move was to mix up the crust and turn it into a doughy paste.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous cumhead!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Bum the Sad posted:

I think I used to get the Tyson ones. Anyway the pro move was to mix up the crust and turn it into a doughy paste.

:hmmyes:

----------------

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Marie Callender's > all other pot pies no contest

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Previa_fun posted:

Marie Callender's > all other pot pies no contest

yeah but you could have seven banquet pot pies instead

----------------

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

i say swears online posted:

yeah but you could have seven banquet pot pies instead

and its like ramen noodles, sometimes you just specifically want the cheap ones

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

WITCHCRAFT posted:

and its like ramen noodles, sometimes you just specifically want the cheap ones

sometimes the cheap stuff simply is better. these instant noodles are 50cents a pack and they are some of my favorite noodles. cheaper than dirt and tastier than stuff that costs 5x as much.

----------------

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
maruchan tonkotsu ftw

ramen is NOT a frozen dinner though take that poo poo the gently caress outta my thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
gonna throw one of these in the oven for dinner tonight

conflicting reviews on the marie callendars website :ohdear:

Delish
I pick this up in Publix and Wow, I felt like this was homemade. It was good enough for me to eat and I’m not picky I’m just a cook so I know what taste good and what’s good for you, the portion is just right and filling. This is now one of my favorites and I would serve to my family, the interesting part is going to be trying to copy this dish homemade. YUM!

Very Disappointed!
Found the ad when ordering my groceries, very unpleasant taste! too strong sage, overpowered the flavor. Both in the garbage disposal. Most products are good, just never will buy this one again.

Not like the picture
We tried the chicken pub pie and was disappointed that there was no wine sauce coming out of it like the picture show on the carton. Taste was ok but dry. Probably will not try again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn8KfYOOEuc