Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What are you hitting monsters with?
Bow
Charge Blade
Dual Blades
Great Sword
Gunlance
Hammer
Heavy Bowgun
Hunting Horn
Insect Glaive
Lance
Light Bowgun
Longsword
Switch Axe
Sword and Shield
View Results

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
my monads are fully functional
Just crafted the top tier (for now) Nickitty SnS Flash in the Night and holy moly this thing is beastly. 180 attack, white sharpness, 30% base affinity. I am in love.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Khezu should disappear because he’s a disgusting freak

What did rubbery electric penis monsters ever do to you! Plus his music is fire

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
Finished Hub today :toot: Now time to chill and make all the Buddy outfits and craft talismans until the next patch. Got to say Rise feels like a natural extension of the 3ds titles. I liked World too but didn’t realize how much I missed the older style til Rise. Guessing the main team will lean towards MHW aesthetics and mechanics while Ichinose’s team does this style? I am super ok with this.

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches

PringleCreamEgg posted:

SnS is great at literally everything. Great for tail cutting, great for head stunning. Just depends on which combos you want to use.

+1 to this. Ignore the 'shield' part of the name - that thing is a boxing glove that you bash against monster heads until they fall asleep like good monsters should. Plus you can get a lot of head hits in in situations other smashy weapons can have trouble since you can easily leap into the air and smash from above. I mean full disclosure, SnS is by far my favorite weapon in any MH game, but its a really dynamic and fun weapon that grows with you. It's all about movement and aggression and just never. letting. up.

Edit: Oh and it is good for damage too even though it might not feel like it at first. It's a weapon that - when you're geared - lets you spam >100 damage combo finishers literally nonstop.

orphean fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Apr 4, 2021

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Does it still have the just frames combo stuff from MHW?

Yeah it’s basically the MHW SnS set including perfect rush except with switch skills it’s somehow got Even Better.

edit: vvv That poor Mitsu

orphean fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Apr 4, 2021

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches

Orange Crush Rush posted:

So for people that have played a lot of Monster Hunter, I gotta ask;
Has HR Rathalos always been just a giant, flying rear end in a top hat?

Yes. But try lance against rath and you can be the rear end in a top hat you always knew you could be.

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Absolute trash list

Lol this is the worst list ever, just smh

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
Official Weapon Tier List:

S: Kunai
A: Barrel bombs
Trash Tier: Everything else.

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches

Blockhouse posted:

Notable bad weapon SnS, the thing every speedrunner is using

SnS is just a support weapon to throw powders around so the Real DPS can face tank Rajang beams and triple cart.

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches

Lifepuzzler posted:

This game rules and now I regret not picking the series up earlier.

Welcome! Enjoy making all the hats.

So is there a goon hunter connect? Or is goon multiplayer all handled via the discord or whatever?

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF9e1kW3r5c

Rajang making more friends!

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
I'm running out of things to do. Time for obsessively collecting every single armor set I guess :v:

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
I feel like the end boss is a pretty samey fight that quickly loses its luster. The same stage gimmicks happen at the same times, the monster always does its pattern. Big spectacle bosses are kinda aMH thing but they’re never my favorite fights

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
Rath is extra spicy in Rise, they totally reworked him and it’s nice to see the ol guy so spry.