Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"
Very excited to do some (probably bad) warlock shenanigans once this set releases. Just gonna blow my whole deck up and then try to win before I self-immolate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

RatHat posted:

Ok scratch that, you SHOULD open packs before claiming the Diamond Samuro or Mankrik because they’ll have a full dust refund for a week!
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/hearthstone/t/duplicate-legendary-issue-blademaster-samuro-mankrik/56476

Hell yes. This is great

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

Is the update not out on iOS yet? I don’t have anything for it

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

NorgLyle posted:

Wait does that mean casual is going to be wild by default now? I'm fine with that but I imagine people who haven't been playing since 2014 might have complaints.

I hope not. I like having a Casual Standard where i can try out stupid decks but not have to play on Ladder.

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

Lmao my MMR is about to tank then, oh well.

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

AnacondaHL posted:

### OTK Pocket
# Class: Warrior
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Dragon
#
# 2x (0) Inner Rage
# 2x (1) Risky Skipper
# 2x (1) Shield of Honor
# 2x (1) Sky Raider
# 2x (1) Stage Dive
# 2x (2) Armorsmith
# 2x (2) Battle Rage
# 2x (2) Crabrider
# 1x (3) Ancharrr
# 2x (3) Bloodsworn Mercenary
# 2x (3) Charge
# 1x (3) Lord Barov
# 2x (3) Warmaul Challenger
# 2x (4) Sword Eater
# 2x (5) Cutting Class
# 2x (7) Bloodboil Brute
#
AAECAQcC3q0Dk9ADDhbYApAD1ATcqQPdrQOktgO7uQOcuwOR0AP31AO13gPB3gOR5AMA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

This looks like fun and I can’t wait to give it a go

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

I have played one game of standard against Rogue and decided I’m not a fan of this weird pocket meta. I’m off to wild until the 30th

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

Got 7 legendaries, one was golden. Didn’t get all of them I wanted but I pulled Tamsin which is nice. Hoping I can round out most of them from the legendaries I get when the set releases.

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

Lmao tried to log in at 1:01 and servers were full

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

I got the battle pass this time since I got to 39 without it in the almost month I played before rotation, so we’ll see if it’s worth it. Also I really like the priest portraits

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

So far I've played:
Secret Libram Paladin (3-2) it's fun and when it wins it wins extra hard, but definitely needs to be fine tuned
Beast Hunter (1-2) it's... not great. I felt like I always had something better to do on 3 than play Tavish, but the beasts may just need some changing
Hero Power Watchtower Mage (2-0) lmao this deck owns. Just discover wildfires and more wildfires and then demolish them with Mordresh.

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

Beasteh posted:

Button Watchtower mage owns, so many moments where you coin a tower t1 and your rogue opponent frantically hovers over it then concedes

I coined out one t1 against a Paladin, and then drew another on turn 2 which I obviously had to slam.

He never recovered :getin:

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

Chernabog posted:

### Hero power
# Class: Mage
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (1) Babbling Book
# 2x (1) Wand Thief
# 1x (2) Evocation
# 2x (2) Runed Orb
# 2x (2) Wildfire
# 2x (3) Arcane Intellect
# 2x (3) Combustion
# 2x (3) Firebrand
# 2x (3) Imprisoned Observer
# 2x (4) Fireball
# 2x (4) Potion of Illusion
# 2x (4) Reckless Apprentice
# 1x (4) Varden Dawngrasp
# 2x (5) Ethereal Conjurer
# 1x (5) Jandice Barov
# 1x (5) Taelan Fordring
# 1x (10) Mordresh Fire Eye
# 1x (10) Yogg-Saron, Master of Fate
#
AAECAaXDAwbFuAPZ0QOd2APY7AOd7gOoigQMw7gD+MwDlNEDpNED5dED0OwD0+wD1uwD/J4E/Z4ExKAExaAEAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

### Watcher Button Mage
# Class: Mage
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (1) Armor Vendor
# 2x (1) Wand Thief
# 1x (2) Astromancer Solarian
# 2x (2) Far Watch Post
# 2x (2) Starscryer
# 2x (2) Wildfire
# 2x (3) Death's Head Cultist
# 2x (3) Imprisoned Observer
# 2x (3) Mor'shan Watch Post
# 2x (3) Venomous Scorpid
# 2x (4) Crossroads Watch Post
# 2x (4) Reckless Apprentice
# 1x (4) Varden Dawngrasp
# 1x (5) Jandice Barov
# 2x (5) Ogremancer
# 1x (5) Taelan Fordring
# 1x (7) Kargal Battlescar
# 1x (10) Mordresh Fire Eye
#
AAECAbTqAwaNuwPZ0QP66APY7AOd7gOoigQMw7gD97gDpNEDjtQDkuQDlugD9+gD+OgD+egDmOoD0+wD1uwDAA==
#

I think I’m just using the vS deck, can’t remember if I changed anything

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

sirtommygunn posted:

I was having a lot of fun but we're starting to enter the part of the meta where everyone has figured out the watch posts are good and so games are getting long and boring.

I'm 100% expecting a nerf for them, or at least for Far Watch Post (down to 3 health). From what I've seen (and seen other people talk about) it's not the effects that are the problem really, it's that all 3 of them are very difficult to remove on curve so whoever plays them ends up getting at least 2-3 turns of value out of each watchpost.

Or we'll all start running 2 venomous scorpid in every deck just to get rid of watchposts.

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Pen Flinger rogue is a perfect cocktail of “feels bad”:

+annoying sound

"Hey Loser!"

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

Chernabog posted:

I already despise secret paladin.

Can I interest you in a Control Warlock?

Played 3 games with it earlier, against Paladin, spell mage, and the new miracle rogue.

Paladin conceded after I board wiped for the third time, rogue went to fatigue while I kept healing just enough to outpace their flingers, and if I’d played Jaraxxus instead of tickatus against the mage I’d have won, but I forgot about fireballs. Warlock is very good

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

Rogue Secrets beats Paladin, face pressure beats mage. I’m hoping this combo can beat both. So far I’m 1-1, lost to a Krush Hunter which was fun to watch and then I destroyed a shaman. Definitely needs fine tuning but I think it’s promising

### Secret Weapon Rogue
# Class: Rogue
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (0) Preparation
# 2x (0) Shadowstep
# 2x (1) Blackjack Stunner
# 2x (1) Deadly Poison
# 1x (1) Paralytic Poison
# 2x (1) Prize Plunderer
# 2x (1) Secret Passage
# 1x (2) Ambush
# 2x (2) Bamboozle
# 2x (2) Dirty Tricks
# 2x (2) Efficient Octo-bot
# 2x (2) Nitroboost Poison
# 1x (2) Shadowjeweler Hanar
# 1x (2) Shenanigans
# 2x (3) Self-Sharpening Sword
# 2x (3) Sparkjoy Cheat
# 2x (3) Swinetusk Shank
#
AAECAaIHBMy5A/vEA4PkA6zrAw3OuQPQuQO5vgOqywPV1APz3QOB5AOC5AOr6wOt6wOSnwT2nwT3nwQA
#

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

Beasteh posted:

Nerfs I want to see fairly quickly:

Penflinger (no longer targets face)
Deck of Lunacy (loving yeet this card into the dumpster)
Refreshing Spring Water (make it refund 1 mana)
Watch posts (health or cost)
Jaraxxus (less charges on weapon, cost 10)
Octobot (why does this thing have 4 health, give it 3)

I can agree with most of these, I don’t think Jaraxxus is too bad but I’m also playing warlock and haven’t had him played against me at all. I’d like to see the watch posts lose health instead of increase cost, because if the cost goes up I don’t think they’ll see play at all anymore.

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

Decided to give secret libram Paladin a try, because apparently it’s just oppressively powerful and wins like crazy.

Both of those things are true. I don’t even like playing Paladin but if I feel like reaching legend (ever) I think this might be the deck to do it with. Nothing like having Oh My Yogg hit either Lunacy, Celestial Alignment, or Incanters Flow and watching people give up.

### Secret Libram Paladin
# Class: Paladin
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (0) First Day of School
# 2x (1) Aldor Attendant
# 1x (1) Avenge
# 2x (1) Galloping Savior
# 2x (1) Knight of Anointment
# 2x (1) Oh My Yogg!
# 2x (1) Pen Flinger
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 2x (2) Libram of Wisdom
# 2x (2) Sword of the Fallen
# 2x (3) Northwatch Commander
# 1x (4) Cariel Roame
# 2x (5) Aldor Truthseeker
# 2x (5) Libram of Justice
# 1x (5) Taelan Fordring
# 1x (7) Lady Liadrin
# 2x (9) Libram of Hope
#
AAECAYsWBITBA5HsA6iKBMigBA3KuAP9uAPquQPruQPsuQPKwQOezQOfzQOD3gPM6wPO6wPP6wPb7gMA
#

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

Gully Foyle posted:

What if it was draw and not cast? Huge nerf, but you still get to thin your deck out and pull secrets to play for synergies.

That would probably be fine. It’s a harsher nerf than going to 1/2 though. Honestly I’d be happy with it going to 2 durability. Then every Paladin is just going to run 2x Yogg and probably 2x Galloping savior like the deck above. Would still leave Paladin as probably one of the best classes but it wouldn’t be as oppressive

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

Figured I'd give spell mage a try since I liked it when I started playing again back in Outlands.

I then lost the next 4 games in a row, 3 of which were mirror matches and they hit lunacy on the right turn & got all their draw and incanter's flows while I sat and did nothing, one of which was against a poison rogue where I got pen flinger'd to death on turn 9 from 8 health.

I can't wait to never see pen flinger ever again. I have a feeling it's going to get nerfed, and I hope it kills the card completely.

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

Gaebril posted:

What's the play against spell mage, if I'm libram paladin? I get that Oh My Yogg is my key card, but apart from that? Am I the aggro player here or should I be cleaning up their board?

Just push damage as fast as you can. They can't burn you out if they're dead.

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

DoL is definitely getting a nerf. Especially with the tournaments coming up. Alec has said in interviews that they really don’t want the random generated wins to be super prevalent since it tends to leave everyone with a bad taste in their mouth.

Crossing my fingers for a pen flinger nerf. It’s a great card but I’ll be happy to never play it again.

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

gandlethorpe posted:

Having had some horrible encounters with other spellbursts being triggered with 0 mana spells *cough* priest *cough*, I'm fully convinced the keyword needs to only work when you actually spend mana.

I like this. It would be a good way for Spellburst to work that would make things like Flinger perfectly fine.

It would also be an unintentional buff for Speaker Gidra and lmao she’d be absolutely ridiculous. I love that card

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

Pen flinger was a mistake

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

Strawberry Panda posted:

Is the power level of Penflinger that high that it needs to be nerfed or is it because it's so loving annoying?

I hate both playing with them and against them.

It’s really that high. It doesn’t seem like it on paper because it’s used for so much more than that. I can’t begin to count the amount of times I’ve been burned by flingers for 15+ damage while they’re also being used to clear my board. I also hate playing with/against them. They’re unfun, uninteractive and it’s a giant pile of off-board damage that you can do nothing about.

They played around with hand manipulation (for demon Hunter) in Scholomance and I think if that had become more widely available flinger wouldn’t have been a problem. That said, there’s probably a DH deck that plays Glide and Stellina that’s decent against Paladin for this specific reason.

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

Hand disruption DH deck trip report: lmao this deck is bad. Stellina is a dead draw no matter what happens, glide may be a potential tech against dumb flinger stuff and mages/rogues that draw a bunch of cards. I went 3/5 vs mage and there was one match where I hit glide when the guy had almost a full hand and then he just ran out of gas because he had no more card draw.

Getting illidari inquisitor off of skull on turn 4 feels amazing lmfao. Double illidari studies, then outcast skull on 4.

This isn’t the first iteration (which ran Stellina and a much bigger outcast package) but that deck was so bad it wasn’t worth posting.

### Hand Tech Demon Hunter
# Class: Demon Hunter
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (0) Sigil of Silence
# 2x (1) Demon Companion
# 2x (1) Fury (Rank 1)
# 2x (1) Illidari Studies
# 2x (1) Spirit Jailer
# 2x (2) Chaos Strike
# 1x (2) Kor'vas Bloodthorn
# 2x (2) Soul Shear
# 2x (2) Spectral Sight
# 2x (3) Luckysoul Hoarder
# 2x (4) Glide
# 2x (5) Soulshard Lapidary
# 2x (5) Warglaives of Azzinoth
# 2x (6) Skull of Gul'dan
# 1x (7) Soulciologist Malicia
# 2x (8) Illidari Inquisitor
#
AAECAZvoAwLP0gPT9wMO2cYDgtADzNIDzdID1NID+dUD8+MD9eMD6+8DwvEDgIUEtp8EsqAEtKAEAA==
#

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

I pulled the Control Priest deck from VS and subbed Mankrik in for Illucia since I dusted her when she was nerfed. I ended up getting 2 of the 3/10 mankriks and 1 of the regular one on the board by the end of the game. Highly recommend that swap

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

sirtommygunn posted:

Patch notes out: https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/news/23658923/20-0-2-patch-notes

DoL to 4 mana
Sword of the Fallen to 2 mana 1/2
Jandice Barov to 6 mana
Pen Flinger only targets minions
2 and 3 mana Watch posts each lose 1 hp

Many battlegrounds changes

:toot:

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

Pardot posted:

Same. It'll be sad to not have it spawn more golden minions, but that plus never auto dusting, I'm looking at over 6k dust :toot:

6 sword of the fallen (rare 600)
1 golden sword of the fallen (rare 800)
1 golden jandice barov (legendary 3200)
9+ pen flinger (common 360+)
9+ far watch post (common 360+)
2 golden far watch post (common 800)
3 mor'shan watch post (rare 300)

I'm getting almost 4k without any golden legendaries :toot:
2 Sword
1 Deck of Lunacy (regular, good riddance.)
9+ Flingers
2 golden flingers
9+ far posts
1 golden far post
1 mor'shan

I have Jandice but I've got a feeling she'll still be very good even with the nerf, so she stays.

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

AnacondaHL posted:

1) It's completely free with no risk to disenchant now, and re-craft later if needed.
2) Think of it this way: Not only is Turn 6 just way later than turn 5 (edit: this is a break point in the match-ups where it's somewhat reasonable you keep Jandice in the mull), the Shadowstep cost is now 4. Jandice is pretty dead.

That's a good point. 5k+ dust here I come! :v:

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

As expected, the tried and true Edwin, Secret Passage, and Counterfeit Coin completely demolish this brawl.

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

Chernabog posted:

I think Xyrella's "Such skill" might be the best emote ever.

I got the tavern pass for her and have no regrets. All of the mercenaries they’ve made for the expansion (and game mode?) are awesome.

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

I think it might be time for me to re-craft Illucia. Priest actually feels fun to play now, whereas last year it was jus kinda meh.

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

Meatbag Esq. posted:

I'll totally admit that I've basically been playing no-win con priest for like a year and a half now and it can be weird if you're not used to the playstyle.

I’d reprimand you for doing this all last year because the resulting 20-25 minute games were unacceptable but control priest games now seem to go like 9-10 minutes which is totally okay. Like I’ve said this is the first time ive ever enjoyed playing Priest and it feels really good to play.

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

GTO posted:

The classic prep > coin > concede combo never gets old.

I gently caress this up all the time lmao. or Nature Studies > Lightning Bloom/Innervate.

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

Beasteh posted:

this seems to be 'the list' for me, was hovering around 40% playing other meta decks and having a poo poo time of it, this one's 10 and 2 so far

### Secret
# Class: Paladin
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (0) First Day of School
# 1x (1) Avenge
# 2x (1) Conviction (Rank 1)
# 1x (1) Galloping Savior
# 2x (1) Knight of Anointment
# 1x (1) Noble Sacrifice
# 2x (1) Oh My Yogg!
# 2x (2) Argent Protector
# 2x (2) Crabrider
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 2x (2) Sword of the Fallen
# 1x (3) Mankrik
# 2x (3) Northwatch Commander
# 1x (3) Venomous Scorpid
# 1x (4) Kazakus, Golem Shaper
# 2x (5) Ogremancer
# 1x (5) Taelan Fordring
# 2x (6) Hammer of the Naaru
# 1x (9) Alexstrasza the Life-Binder
#
AAECAcOfAwiW6AP86APb7gPn8AOoigSwigTqnwTIoAQLysEDns0DjtQDg94Dhd4DkeQDzOsDzusDz+sD4+sD658EAA==
#

so many cards that just facilitate curvestone, vs slower decks coined crabrider into hand of a'dal is gamewinning by itself a lot of the time

This is very close to the deck I’m running (the one Anaconda posted a few pages back) and it really is just Curvestone: The Deck

Ended up throwing Hand of Adal on the one crabrider and giving him divine shield every time he got hit lmao. I didn’t even pla Kazakus or Ogre

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

Beasteh posted:

VS Data Reaper is out and it's telling you to run more draw in your rush warrior deck

Also to cut ogre, Alex, and argent protector from secret Paladin. The idea of blessing of authority on crabrider sounds excellent though.

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

I think it depends largely on what you’re expecting to see. A lot of games are tending to be more minion heavy (from my recent experience) and any sort of Aggro just demolishes spell mage.

I’ve won the last 3 games in a row with the deck that was posted earlier so I’m gonna swap to the Vs one and see if it feels any better.

E: Lmao, this is nuts. I don’t think it needs ogre

Cant Ride A Bus fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Apr 22, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

DeadButDelicious posted:

Aaaaargh I am so loving salty right now!

I started tonight as Silver 3 and things were going well enough that I was feeling good, soon I was at silver 1 and thinking hey I could get to gold tonight!

Nope.

3 times I was at promotion match and either through the decks I faced or just bad card draw I lost. Aggro DH, Secret Paladin and a Face Hunter. Then I went on tilt and made the mistake of saying that I'd either hit Gold or Silver 2. Well, five back and forth games later and an aggro Shaman knocked me down to Silver 2. I logged off at that point.

Probably seems silly to you folks - I've seen some of you say that you hit Legend or Diamond but I'm usually very poor at card games like this and token druid has been a lot of fun to play and done very well for me. Alright whining over I'll have another crack at it this weekend.

I remember hitting gold for the first time being a hell of a task, just keep at it and you’ll get there eventually!