Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I haven't played isaac in 3 years but I'm jumping back in. Lost as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

This game is so hosed up now, I feel like a noob even after like 300 hours of afterbirth

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I died to one of satan's leeches exploding just as he died lol. Was playing as Bethany and didn't get the unlock. She's a cool character though.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

Shes garbage if you get a garbage activayed item (all of them)

I got the psychic tears one and a battery that charged every time I damaged something. Was pretty good until I got killed by the invisible exploding leech after doing everything correct

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

i managed to finish a run with herr and the only activated item i saw was d7 which you SHOULD NOT pick up as bethany since the orbiters will activate the d7 effect if they come into contact with anything and port you out of boss rooms. epic!

The remote detonated tears on her is epic. Though I just died to the lamb this time due to not knowing any of the enemies anymore and getting there with half a heart.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Man I had an insane run going the first time I tried going for the knife pieces...got hosed down to 1 heart heading out of the knife piece 2 area since it's so weird and then died to one of the new bosses on the same floor

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Curse of Darkness sucks rear end. I tried playing isaac on my tv and could not see poo poo lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Died to Hush's 12 mile long health bar and now I get to go to work pissed off

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i think i'm just not used to the new enemies or their patterns yet since whenever i go the "traditional" route i never have much problems. but trying to get those key pieces pwns my brown/taint area

I get absolutely destroyed any time I go in large rooms on the alternative path, I'm just focusing on other unlocks I missed from Afterbirth+ for now...

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I have the mega satan completion marks with like 10 chars but I don't have apollyon, I guess he isn't retroactively unlocked. Gotta unlock the forgotten as well

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I hate every single early game spider lol. but especially the ones that split into 2

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

amazing. I can't even get to mega satan with enough health to beat him anymore

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm so mad

At least I finally unlocked Apollyon... but drat I was so close to beating delirium my first time in the void. Really cool area, the boss was a lot more fun than hush. Wish I had clutched it out, and I probably would have had I not taken Abaddon at the gate to Mega Satan but I didn't expect the void portal to show up

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

god drat the poo poo going on when you're trying to unlock the forgotten is a pain in the rear end

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Evil Eagle posted:

god drat the poo poo going on when you're trying to unlock the forgotten is a pain in the rear end

Giving me Ludovico on the first floor with azazel but having no bombs spawn at all to get the broken shovel was some pretty heinous poo poo...turned that run into my first one to get to Mother instead but I unfortunately got kneecapped by a question mark Almond Milk and wasn't able to kill her.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

sounds like youre a newb

I am. But I unlocked him finally with Cain. All those mom legs combined with the dark rear end stages sux but I think it made me better at the game

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

goferchan posted:

Sacrifice room now gives you a bomb 100% of the time on your first sacrifice if you've fulfilled the shovel conditions. Not that you'd ever know that lol

Amazing. Good to know after the fact lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

the Forgotten is badass

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Got my first Mother kill with Eden with a boomerang/sacrificial dagger start, boomerang is so loving good lol. Gonna be hard to skip it when I see it now.

Feels good to have "all" the characters. Now to unlock the other 17

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The isaac's awakening challenge item is sick, I need to unlock this

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I've gotta just memorize what each of the 100 heart items look like in this game because isaac's heart sucks so much rear end and I keep picking it up

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

its the one that literally looks like a heart. enjoy

Thanks op

The nerfs are lame but there are so many cool new items and synergies...I'm as addicted as when I first played afterbirth

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

OH Yeah

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Tonight I will beat delirium and ultra greedier for sure

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Dude the telefrag active item is so loving good

You can telefrag enemies, doesn't kill bosses but does a lot of damage and you can even telefrag shopkeepers

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I beat ultra greedier. not delirium though'

edit: I did it. Fuuuck curse of darkness even more on this fight lol

Was down to half a heart when I entered the Void but ended up finding more and more crazy stuff like the trinket I unlocked for beating mother with Eden which rerolls your active item every time you use it. I rerolled into a forget me now and did the entire void twice over. worth it

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Apr 17, 2021

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I beat the Final Final boss with Tained Apollyon, great character and really nice ending. I appreciate that it wasn't too ridiculous of a fight, even if I just barely scraped by with half a heart. I got really lucky with Tainted Apollyon, the extension cord trinket on the first floor and Hive Mind not long afterwards.

The item he unlocks for beating that boss, Echo Chamber, is insane. It activates the effects of every pill and card/rune you've used since getting the item every time you use a pill or card/rune. it's probably rare but it makes the nerfs lyle is yelling about pretty funny

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

pills are still insane trash

I only eat them when my life depends on it or I get PHD or false PHD. But I'd probably eat a random pill if it was going to activate the sun or jera or the hierophant. or any card really

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

oh it triggers when you use them? i guess that's cool then, sort of.

yes it activates every card/pill/rune you've used since picking up Echo Chamber at once every time you use a card/pill/rune. So you can use jera infinite times or fill every room with poop, the possibilities are endless

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Speaking of which Card against humanity is like a free 99 coins if you use it in a 2x2 or even 3 size room. hope you have good enough tears to drill through all the poop though

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I've got no idea how to dodge dogma's 2nd phase yet so I'm probably going to die but I'm going to drag this 1 heart lilith all the way up the ascent to the locked closet anyway

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

i beat dogma first try. ez pz. well except the lovely gradius walls part where it scrolls back and forth. its defininteely not as bad as the "bullet hell" portions of hush, delerium, etc.

The part where it flies off screen 5 times hit me a lot. Just need to learn the pattern, sure I get there before the 34 characters are done

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I fought isaac in the void when I fought delirium and his move was impossible to dodge. So were the mom legs in curse of darkness but overall I had a tougher time with the hush fight before the void. With characters I've got a hush clear but not delirium I may just start hoping for a random portal after lamb or w/e lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm loving this expansion after skipping afterbirth+ entirely, honestly the one thing that really gets to me are the dumb rear end worms that show up 5 seconds after all the other enemies. The new areas are all really fun to play through

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Got home and finished that Lilith run, turns out tech x + jacob's ladder with like 4 incubi is pretty busted, dogema melted lol. Thanks for the dodging tips arf. 3 streak hype

Tainted Lilith seems really cool, but I think I'm gonna play jacob and esau for a while because they have some really cool looking unlocks.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

lilith ftw

I died to the final boss on a weak cain run but at least I unlocked minecraft

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

man I wish the final bosses had health bars without the mod spider, I have no clue how much dmg I'm ever doing to Mother

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Tainted Cain greed mode lol...Good way to unlock planetariums and the "you broke it" secret

edit: finally unlocked this stupid sword due to getting Gupped. I had 6 heart containers and I still ran head first into that dead cat

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Apr 19, 2021

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Tainted Lilith is kinda repulsive even for this game but man is she fun to use. Whipped my way to Mega Satan on my first attempt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Getting an infinite use active item on the april's fool challenge was a lot of fun, glad I didn't roll plan C or something