Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

How did no one pick Justin Rose? Yeesh, we got lucky on that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
Rose is 100% dialed in.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Jordan’s ball was looking water-bound before crashing into the stick lol

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Just barely enough room for all the picks. I should’ve gone with Reed. I’ve picked Justin Rose in the past but he wasn’t even on my radar this week. :sigh:

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

Resident Sergio Apologist
CHAMPION
Masters doesn't really start until I read

Josh Lyman posted:

I should’ve gone with [Round 1 leader].

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
Im pulled the golf equivalent of accidentally sitting on your own balls on 15 and ruined my shot at the pool :argh:

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

:hellyeah: nowhere to go but down

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Bryson DeChambeau, lauded as The Mad Scientist, nicknamed The Professor, so-called smartest guy on tour, said it was too hard to calculate distances from downhill lies into elevated greens and uphill lies into downhill greens.

:thunk:

Spinnaker
Jun 25, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

Bryson DeChambeau, lauded as The Mad Scientist, nicknamed The Professor, so-called smartest guy on your, said it was too hard to calculate distances from downhill lies into elevated greens and uphill lies into downhill greens.

:thunk:

That guy is full of excuses.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
Ancer got penalized for touching the sand. I saw it live and thought, is that still a penalty?

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

I feel like Rose playing 8 through 18 at -9 is pretty good.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I could've sworn that Vijay's putting style was illegal

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

loving A.
Laird whiffs a 6 foot putt.
Shrugs, stares at it a bit comically, scratches his chin a bit, looks to his caddie, scratches his chin again with an exasperated look on his face, like, he's obviously just goofing off.

Color commentator on Masters.com feed "He's looking to his caddie. I'm not sure if that's a look of 'We mis-hit that' or 'you mis-read that'. Either way, the result IS the same, and he's not happy.' Like it's 100% the caddie's fault that he loving blew a 6 footer past the cup and he's obviously just making a doofus face at it. That loving caddie!!!!

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Whoa, Rose in the featured group this morning? Nice.

...but not a great opening drive...

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Big Beef City posted:

loving A.
Laird whiffs a 6 foot putt.
Shrugs, stares at it a bit comically, scratches his chin a bit, looks to his caddie, scratches his chin again with an exasperated look on his face, like, he's obviously just goofing off.

Color commentator on Masters.com feed "He's looking to his caddie. I'm not sure if that's a look of 'We mis-hit that' or 'you mis-read that'. Either way, the result IS the same, and he's not happy.' Like it's 100% the caddie's fault that he loving blew a 6 footer past the cup and he's obviously just making a doofus face at it. That loving caddie!!!!

Gotta have that ~*~dRaMa~*~

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Justin Rose pulling a "Not Spieth" on one by not trying to hit through a tree.

pro starcraft loser posted:

Whoa, Rose in the featured group this morning? Nice.

...but not a great opening drive...

Between the two featured groups this should be a good morning if yesterday is any indication.

SquirrelyPSU fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Apr 9, 2021

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

This featured group coverage is so so much better than the afternoon broadcast. I have it on while I'm working and hearing the birds and frogs with only relevant commentary and plenty of "dead air" is awesome.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Josh Lyman posted:

You're in. :cheers:

I grow more and more alright with this decision by the minute.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
These guys are putting like me. Just leaving stuff 5 or 6 feet short.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Big Beef City posted:

I grow more and more alright with this decision by the minute.

lol

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

I expected Rose to regress to the mean a bit, but not this severely.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
Justin leaving Augusta faster than Johnny and Moira left New York

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Cut projected at +4. Right now that puts Bryson out

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

shyduck posted:

Cut projected at +4. Right now that puts Bryson out

I want somebody to make a back-and-forth gif of one of those insane practice drives, to be shelved and only used if he misses the cut.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Looks like it's gonna be Fleetwood's day.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

mdemone posted:

I want somebody to make a back-and-forth gif of one of those insane practice drives, to be shelved and only used if he misses the cut.

I need him around for the weekend for some live action schadenfreude.

e: Feature Groups this morning have been great, like yesterday. My key take away is that I don't like watching Scott Scheffler play golf. Fleetwood has been Steady Eddie.

SquirrelyPSU fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Apr 9, 2021

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat
Picked the wrong cam....

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Matt Kuchar is 8 years younger than Phil.

Watching Matt Kuchar bend over to get his ball out of the cup makes MY back hurt.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
That Ian Woosnam 1991 win was my first Masters. If you get the Sports Illustrated from that year, you'll see me sitting next to Olazabal on the 18th as he waited to watch his putt. I was 12 and wearing my SpaceCamp jumpsuit lol.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Wait, so Rory just full shanked a mid-iron into the woods, played a provisional, and then Si Woo Kim broke his putter to the point where he's now putting with his 3 Wood?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Si Woo Kim broke his putter after a three putt, then putt with his driver on the next hole, then whipped the ball into the pond after sinking it. Smooth, my man.

e: 3 wood, my bad

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Apr 9, 2021

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Who breaks a putter!?

e: On replay, he got really unlucky that he broke the shaft with that.

SquirrelyPSU fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Apr 9, 2021

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

As I suspected Kim uses one of those graphite-steel hybrid putter shafts and it broke right at the interface

https://twitter.com/CBSSports/status/1380624022975696896?s=19

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Ah yes, the Denis Leary "Suicide Kings" special.

e: Okay, my favorite thing about this now is the commentary crew agreeing that they've all done this before, but disagreeing with his use of a 5 wood as a replacement over a sand wedge or lob wedge.

SquirrelyPSU fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Apr 9, 2021

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat
drat, if there’s one club I wouldn’t want to break. He slammed that thing though, kinda asking for it.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

poo poo, are those hybrid shafts notorious for snapping easily? I've been eyeballing a set for my irons...

I mean, granted, he slammed that into the ground and I don't PLAN on that, but who knows when you're gonna take a nice chunky divot or something right?

e: lol the announcers now talking like him breaking that putter was just disgraceful.Horrific. I mean, yea, he jammed it down. It's not like he gave it a Stone Cold Stunner and then flipped it off as it lay in 4 different pieces.
ee: "Champ here for birdie. He was the long hitter here on Tour, before Bryson put on 40 lbs. That sorta...changed things around." heh

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Apr 9, 2021

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
BDC really turned it on today, and definitely had a few other putts that could have dropped.

But also had some like 10-20 foot putts that were like a foot or more off line.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Big Beef City posted:

poo poo, are those hybrid shafts notorious for snapping easily? I've been eyeballing a set for my irons...

I mean, granted, he slammed that into the ground and I don't PLAN on that, but who knows when you're gonna take a nice chunky divot or something right?

e: lol the announcers now talking like him breaking that putter was just disgraceful.Horrific. I mean, yea, he jammed it down. It's not like he gave it a Stone Cold Stunner and then flipped it off as it lay in 4 different pieces.
ee: "Champ here for birdie. He was the long hitter here on Tour, before Bryson put on 40 lbs. That sorta...changed things around." heh
In general, the hosel on a putter is WAY shorter than in a normal club and the putter shaft probably also has a softer tip.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Looks like DJ is going to have some fun navigating the cut line coming in.

e: And nope, he is dunzo.

SquirrelyPSU fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Apr 9, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Paul Casey is 1 stroke inside the cut line on 18 :ohdear:

edit: gently caress he drove it into the fairway bunker

edit2: Goddammit 3 putt from off the fringe to make the cut on the number you sunnuvabitch!

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Apr 10, 2021