Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i was expecting the cubs to be bad this year and the rotation to be a tire fire but the fact that Kyle Hendricks has completely fallen apart is absolutely crushing. I blame the Cubs for acquiring his evil Brewers doppelganger and throwing off his Humours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

bawfuls posted:

Today is May Day and Dustin May is also pitching

i can actually hear that in vin's voice

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

me if I ever see a Ricketts in the wild

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Popete posted:

I enjoy Kyle Hendricks behind him looking like he's about to crack skulls.

kyle hendricks is wearing his one facial expression

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I don't care if Garrett was screaming curses at Rizzo after striking him out, Javy should chill and just try to hit another dinger off him then do a big bat flip. The Cubs are bad, they don't need to be red asses. On the other hand, the picture of Javy giving the finger is extremely funny.

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 15:04 on May 2, 2021

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

a major league baseball player should be able to handle having another player yell at him that he is a motherfucker even if that is rude without anyone trying to physically fight him, is my opinion.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Chief McHeath posted:

https://youtube.com/shorts/SwRkb657oyo?feature=share

The pain in the guys voice when he says "augh what the gently caress."

I agree, what the gently caress.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

If the forecasts are right we won't have to worry who is in center.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Sydin posted:

Fucks sake, I just want to watch a group of young, fun, good baseball players hit the poo poo out of baseballs. :smith:

I guess the silver lining is that TLR is apparently already losing the clubhouse so maybe the Sox sucking more will foster enough discontent to full on mutiny his piece of poo poo rear end out of the org.

i am very upset that i will once again not be able to drink beer and watch luis bop in person, what a rough year for the sox.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Sydin posted:

Joc is back from the IL and... leading off tonight. Against the Dodgers. Oh and Bryant is playing CF for some reason.

Ross is legit just flinging poo poo at the wall lol

joc...is (arnold voice) back

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lol
https://twitter.com/PitchingNinja/status/1389402785398022149?s=20

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

:siren:CLAYTON KERSHAW WALKED JAVY BAEZ:siren:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The concept of the 5th Inning Stretch is PERVERSE

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

I know some people had been wondering when this was going to happen

https://twitter.com/mlbtraderumors/status/1389711094982356999?s=20

seven games for striking out a guy and screaming at him that he's a motherfucker, bullshit

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i've never heard of this happening before and that's the second time that's happened this season already (brewers did it against the cubs).

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the cubs and dodgers just played an insane, epic 9-inning game that was considered "extras" because it was the second game of a double-header. Probably the best ad for the new formats, it was insane and intense for 3 full innings with a bunch of last-second homers and gutsy pitching performances. I'm still not sold.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

in my opinion it should be ILLEGAL for mark prior to make mound visits at wrigley field without the broadcast giving me WRITTEN WARNING that he is the dodger's pitcher coach before every series

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

someone talking about dropped third strikes?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

how loving dead as a human being do you have to be if you own the cubs and don't want to make this man a cub for life to save a few bucks
https://twitter.com/JomboyMedia/status/1390155969687166978?s=20

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Nothing about that is odd in Chicago.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Here comes the hook

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

for ten years, seeing albert's giant glistening head in the batter's box was the scariest poo poo possible as a fan of an opposing team.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Timby posted:

Yeah, plantar fasciitis is a degenerative disease: It does not get better over time, it gets worse, especially as you continue to put stress on the plantar fascia. I mean, that's the same condition that ultimately derailed Donovan McNabb and put a premature end to his career.

did a number on jo noah as well

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

if u bang the cans, you take the booing like a mans

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

if an opposing fan wants to do Can Bangs at jake marisnick this season, i am fine with it.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Grimm was legit good in 2015!

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Carl Edwards getting called up. Opted for free agency after spring training when he wasn't going to make the roster in Atlanta, didn't land anywhere else and took another minor-league deal. Atlanta willing to give any righty a shot after building a weirdly LHP heavy bullpen.

Hell yeah. In this thread we Back the Bean!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

bawfuls posted:

The Dodgers are the worst good team in the history of baseball

They're the only team whose world series hangover involves one guy spreading a deadly disease around the clubhouse, they'll be fine.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i thought beth mowins was much better than Boog on the Cubs broadcast today.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

skaboomizzy posted:

Boog has a pleasant voice, good for naps.

he sounds like a person doing an impression of a baseball announcer

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

tadashi posted:

Why do teams insist on rostering Ben Gamel? Is it just that it prevents them from having to call up a player with no service time?

i don't remember ever seeing the cubs get that guy out.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

has preston wilson ever addressed the controversy that he broke up a carlos zambrano no-hitter in the 8th inning where big z had 5 RBIs as well and denied me the opportunity to see a carlos zambrano no-hitter in person?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lol

i should add that i was joking about preston wilson's hit being controversial, he got a clean hit, i'm just annoyed that i missed out on the no-no and probably no one remembers that at all other than zambrano, wilson, and me.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Ok
https://twitter.com/jorgecastillo/status/1393661708258873344?s=20

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

What do you think the odds are that Albert makes it to August or makes the playoff roster.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i am not keen to see pujols face the cubs if he's on the roster the next time they play, i don't care if he is washed, that stance in the batter's box will never not terrify me. i'm sure he's got at least one more moonshot against the cubs in him.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

envisioning a scenario where it's like a 14 inning game and the bench is all used up and the dodgers have to start the inning with pujols at second.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the cubs can't keep starting trevor williams. they're was a reason he was available on the scrap heap. They should just stretch out Thompson and see what he's got, he'll probably get shelled a little bit but williams has nothing left and i don't want to see moldy rear end alec mills doing his bespectacled eddie harris impression every five days.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I loving HATE THE EXTRA INNING GHOST RUNNER

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

legalize roids and can bangs, ban "analytics" and relief pitching, and throw the ghost runner into the toilet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Play Pujols at short