Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

PokeJoe posted:

wrong, idiot

:bsdsnype:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
eating some pringles and wow these suck

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PokeJoe posted:

add hot sauce

i’m making a 1:17am cheese and tomato and red
onion toasted sandwich and put some of that glorious sauce on and tasted a bit as doing so and drat that’s shits hot. and thicc

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PokeJoe posted:

add hot sauce

I am this time

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
whats a cheese and tomato and red

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
poo poo good question

red onion I think

it was long ago

i’m on the highest dose of the strongest statin, you can’t expect me to remember things from so long ago

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

do statins effect your memory

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
there’s a bunch of anecdotal evidence

it’s tricky coz most people who take statins are at an age when memory is getting worse

and it’s largely subjective

my boss says statins gave her brain fog. when I asked what she meant, she said it’s not like day to say she felt less cognisant, but she reckons she wasn’t remembering things she thought she should. and stopping statins fixed this

and i’d say the same I think, it doesn’t make me feel less sharp (although I’d argue it’s almost impossible through self inquiry to determine if you’re normally sharper, outside of using memory to compare abilities), but I defo worry about my memory. it’s not good. i was asking person at work if she’d ever had her blood pressure taken and she said yeah you did it not so long ago. and last xmas break people had worked for us at work and then she came back this time around but I honest to god could not remember her from the year before

i don’t think this is normal for a 42yo lmao

ps if I get the dementia don’t let me live long. a tremendous financial and emotional burden on others. give me 20 tabs of acid and tell me there’s a party happening under the ocean

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i was making fun of your weird tendency to hit enter in the middle of a sentence, but that's crazy too

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

in my head canon hes lovingly touching enter, not hitting it

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

fart simpson posted:

in my head canon hes lovingly touching enter, not hitting it

bottoming it out

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

in my mind his fingers are too fat

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I shipped echi a hot sauce from across the entire Pacific and he repayed me by making a series of increasingly bad posts :negative:

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

hey can you ship rotor some hot sauce next

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

maybe next season

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

rip echi

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
my wife made spam fried rice and i’d never tried it before. deece!

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

it should be required by law to sell chicken legs only in (left/right) combinations where you can form pairs which will tesselate easily in a small skillet

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

it should be required by law to sell chicken legs only in (left/right) combinations where you can form pairs which will tesselate easily in a small skillet

https://squareat.com/pages/squares-menu-1

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
omfg I watched this YouTube the other day and could not have been more incredulous about its claims:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJrdXRZ3PUE

but I just nuked some sliced onions floating in oil for five and a half minutes and I'll be damned if I didn't just make the most evenly caramelized onions I've ever made in my life

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Corla Plankun posted:

omfg I watched this YouTube the other day and could not have been more incredulous about its claims:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJrdXRZ3PUE

but I just nuked some sliced onions floating in oil for five and a half minutes and I'll be damned if I didn't just make the most evenly caramelized onions I've ever made in my life

holy poo poo i gotta try this

i did not know a microwave wouldn't affect ice, this is making a lot of things fall into place for me

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Look good, comments say not :o:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C4ypr5jPcmu/

(lol at the guy's reaction)

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
cooking with red onion. wtf.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

lots of places cook w/ red onions. like india

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

fart simpson posted:

lots of places cook w/ red onions. like india

and how did they fare against the english

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Jonny 290 posted:

well something attracted the english there and it wasnt white onions

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

well they’re gone now so not the worst?

mystes
May 31, 2006

Eeyo posted:

well they’re gone now so not the worst?
I regret to inform you that the UK still exists

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
probably the best youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxnoOj2XRe0

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

I made pizza, turns out I previously didn't really know how to knead dough and it's a lot easier now.

I'm using some Italian salami which crisps up amazingly. yum. yes I slightly overcooked the crust

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

yeah that guy’s great.

i think that’s his uncle or something? one of the earlier videos with the uncle was titled “making soft eggplant for my uncle with bad teeth” which is just a lot to put in the title about your uncle.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

knox_harrington posted:

I made pizza, turns out I previously didn't really know how to knead dough and it's a lot easier now.

I'm using some Italian salami which crisps up amazingly. yum. yes I slightly overcooked the crust

:yum:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

knox_harrington posted:

yes I slightly overcooked the crust

you absolutely didn't. i want to take this pizza out on a date

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
yeah that looks right to me too

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

A little charcoal is good for you.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

xpost

fart simpson posted:

my wife and i recently got back from a week long trip to yunnan province and took pictures of a lot of the food we ate. if anyone wants to know more about any of it just ask:

a river fish grilled over charcoal with a very spicy and somewhat sour sauce. very good.

9 out of 10 stars

a lunch at a jinuo minority village. starting from top left moving clockwise, that is a daikon radish soup, a fermented white flower stir fry that was quite sour and funky, deep fried potatoes, stir fried bamboo shoots, roasted chicken, some kind of pickled vegetable stir fry, grilled pork, and steamed sweet potatoes. with some locally grown puerh style tea from the village.

generally good but not spicy enough because they said most visitors they get dont like spicy food much so they cooked it down for us. 7 out of 10 stars.

some street food we got in jinghong city. starting from top left, clockwise: deep fried tofu with peanuts and vegetables, unripe sour papaya salad, and noodles with tomatoes and lemon. all of it was quite spicy and sour with a herbs and a similar sauce on all of them

8 out of 10 stars

similar grilled fish as the first one but done better. these fish were only 10 RMB each (like $1.50 usd).

9 out of 10 stars. one of my favorite things we tried

various grilled things. thats pork, beef, corn, mushrooms, tofu, etc. some of the spiciest chinese bbq ive ever had. very nice but a bit one note

8 out of 10 stars

hotel breakfast noodles with a fried egg. deep fried peanuts, pickled vegetables, spicy, and sour. good

7 out of 10 stars

unripe sour mango, chickens feet, dried mushrooms, and hawthorne fruits all in a spicy and sour sauce. the hawthorne and the mango were standouts to me. it was all very spicy and the sourness and sweetness of the fruits was excellent

8 out of 10 stars

braised lotus in an extremely savory sauce that was mildly spicy, with a spice that build up and burned the back of your throat. id eat it again

7 out of 10 stars

ground beef stir fried with mint, star anise, and chinese black cardamom. i liked this so much i looked up a recipe and made it at home as soon as we got back from out trip. this was excellent eaten with rice. everything green you see is mint.

10 out of 10 stars

some kind of tofu that was whipped up so it had the texture of meringue? ive never seen this before in my life and have absolutely no idea how they did it but it was pretty good and had a lot of msg in there. i'd eat it again

7 out of 10 stars

star of the show for me and my wife. fresh jackfruit stuffed with sticky rice that had been cooked in coconut milk, with shredded fresh and shredded toasted cocunut on top, with dried coconut cubes on the side. amazingly good dessert

11 out of 10 stars

clocwise from top: roasted and diced river fish meat with lemongrass, other herbs, and peppers. amazingly good and i ordered a second portion. grilled pork belly with a hot pepper rub. it was fine but not amazing. coconut milk cooked rice with toasted coconut and shredded coconut on top, this was pretty good too if you like coconut

10 out of 10 for the fish, 6 out of 10 for the pork belly, 7 out of 10 for the rice

beef skewers cooked rare (very odd for china! these are usually grilled until well done) with soy sauce and passion fruit pulp as dipping sauces. i liked the passion fruit with the rare beef. never had this before

8 out of 10 stars

crossing the bridge noodles. you get a pot of broth and all that stuff on the side (various mushrooms, meats, ham, vegetables, some herbs, etc) and dump it into the broth. then you add the rice noodles, stir, and eat. always a winner but the standout in yunnan specifically is all the mushrooms you dont get other places. unfortunately this was not mushroom season so the mushroom selection was more limited but still good

8 out of 10 stars

white flowers from some local trees stir fried with the normal stuff. scallions, peppers, etc. it was fine.

7 our of 10 stars

the fanciest potato chips ive ever had. each potato chip had some fruit salad (mostly apples and mayo i think) and then a piece of crispy peking duck style duck skin. thats sweet bean paste in the middle of the plate, and the duck legs were there for eating too. supremely good

10 out of 10 stars

the crossing the bridge noodles after adding chili oil, with the duck chips, and the rest of the duck that didnt make it onto the chips stir fried with chile oil. all good

the rest of the duck is the only part i havent rated so far and i'd give it a 9 out of 10

some halal chinese bbq from a msulim district in kunming. more of what was seen before but this time no pork. the beef was excellent tho

8 out of 10 stars

rice rolls with rice noodles, tons of herbs, peanuts, and pork cracklings inside. also very spicy and nice. the cracklings stole the show

8 out of 10 stars

yunnan loves its mint. this was breakfast from a popular place near our hotel in jinghong city. rice noodles again although theyre hiding and you can see everything else

9 out of 10 stars

a wild banana we picked in the rainforest. tasted about the same as a normal banana but had way too many inedible black seeds

5 out of 10 stars. stick to normal bananas imo

an alcohol distilled from pine nuts. tastes basically like cheap baijiu

i like baiju but this was just ok. 6 out of 10

a different type of river fish, with a spicy and sour sauce, a sesame paste sauce, deep fried peanuts, dried mushrooms, cilantro, and rice noodles. you ate it by packing all that up in raw lettuce leaves. i really liked this.

9 out of 10 stars

raw crab claws marinated in a sour marinade with scotch whisky in the marinade. the meat of the claws was totally soft and like jelly and i loved it and couldnt eat enough

10 out of 10 stars

braised pork arteries. very savory and mildly spicy. i liked it

8 out of 10 stars

deep fried tofu with pepper powder. pretty standard chinese street snack stuff but well done

8 out of 10 stars

charcoal roasted chicken with dried peppers. the chicken had obviously been brined and it was cooked perfectly. i loved it

10 out of 10 stars

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

i like the flower garnish they put on #11 and 12

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

knox_harrington posted:

No you didn't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

NoneMoreNegative posted:

'Proper' food post: Saw this on Insta a bit back, thought 'That looks fun'

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C2yRcY4ydUJ/

Made this evening and yep, really good. Didn't put the cheese or sausage in mine, and it was a little less structurally sound than the one in the video (I used 4 medium eggs, think I might need a little more) and a pack of the Hot Chicken Buldak noodles.

Just need to buy a jar of the seaweed flake seasoning they pour on at the end of the video now.

Did this again, the cheese I wasn't sold on the idea but decided to give it a try, and yeah it really does add to the whole dish.

Also a tub of Furikake from Amazon arrived and a light dash of it on the top finishes the plate off perfectly.