Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

it's like girl dinner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

lol get the gently caress out of here

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
downward dogs bowl

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Jonny 290 posted:

take what of your food

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
did you used to work for dhalsim op

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol from street fighter 2?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
tonight's dinner:

found a thing of chicken breasts on markdown and the best way to make those edible is to slice em, so

thin chickens breadcrumbed and pan sizzled, lil pasta and red sauce, basic salad

So good. I've noticed my portions are getting smaller since soberin up. Stuffed after that.

Now time to brew a moka pot and clean the kitchen

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

At the risk of sounding uncultured,
Is that as delicious as it looks?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

tonight's dinner:

found a thing of chicken breasts on markdown and the best way to make those edible is to slice em, so

thin chickens breadcrumbed and pan sizzled, lil pasta and red sauce, basic salad

So good. I've noticed my portions are getting smaller since soberin up. Stuffed after that.

Now time to brew a moka pot and clean the kitchen

looks fantastic. please mail me some

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
theyve been upping the cellulose ratio on those preshredded cheese dealios, i quit buying em couple years ago for that reason. one of the perennial inflationary reaction things

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
thats the decent stuff out of the deli case, not the green top can. But yeah the latter stuff is half sawdust these days

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
blueberry pancakes for holiday breakfast

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I hope you ate them slowly

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lol not a proper food post but I'm meant to be having a 'lean' month, no chips or chocolate etc, but I just stopped in at the ALDI and they have a new chip / crisp flavor in, and I have to try.

Weirdest thing, you open the bag and they immediately fly into your mouth, must be a packaging fault or something.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

made with british potatoes :britain:

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

local is good, but more broadly the uk had better potatoes than most places

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
wonder where they came from

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Jonny 290 posted:

wonder where they came from

actual deep belief: every root vegetable is better the more dire the situation they grow in. irish potatoes are great because they barely grow there.

not entirely without data, i've lived in a bunch of places that grew *awesome* produce, e.g. south africa, italy, southern germany, but as far as root veg goes we're talking scandinavia and ireland for absolute peak quality.

e: not like idaho is obvious peak tonnage, if we go by that.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

potato is a great crop it grows in absolutely dogshit soil

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

hmm maybe i should yell at potatoes before i plant them.

been thinking of growing a container of root veggies on the side of my house. it’d only get half day’s sun though.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

maybe in shittier conditions plants try to store energy in their roots rather than using it to grow flowers and stuff? like how they get taller when they need more sun. idk

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

plants grow better in ireland because they also hate the english

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

quadruple of good agriculture posts above.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

'Proper' food post: Saw this on Insta a bit back, thought 'That looks fun'

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C2yRcY4ydUJ/

Made this evening and yep, really good. Didn't put the cheese or sausage in mine, and it was a little less structurally sound than the one in the video (I used 4 medium eggs, think I might need a little more) and a pack of the Hot Chicken Buldak noodles.

Just need to buy a jar of the seaweed flake seasoning they pour on at the end of the video now.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

actual deep belief: every root vegetable is better the more dire the situation they grow in. irish potatoes are great because they barely grow there.

not entirely without data, i've lived in a bunch of places that grew *awesome* produce, e.g. south africa, italy, southern germany, but as far as root veg goes we're talking scandinavia and ireland for absolute peak quality.

e: not like idaho is obvious peak tonnage, if we go by that.

sacred cactuses are less potent the faster they grow

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

ah a korean tortilla

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I grew potatoes on my balcony last year and a single sprouty boy from my pantry in a 5 gal container made me about 4 pounds of fresh tato

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

PokeJoe posted:

I grew potatoes on my balcony last year and a single sprouty boy from my pantry in a 5 gal container made me about 4 pounds of fresh tato

this line of thinking leads to potato famine, friend

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
how

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
potatoes are natures chicken nughets

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
poke joe came through

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

food: a luxury good, or required?

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

echinopsis posted:

poke joe came through

post the review binch

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Roosevelt posted:

it actually tastes like rear end and in the good way

that's right

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PokeJoe posted:

post the review binch

early this AM I received a knock on my door. who could it be? it was joe, himself. he had flown all the way from the U S of A to deliver me a bottle of his home made hot sauce. he took one look at me, told me "u smell", and left. not even a kiss

he gave me a bottle of sauce. at first I was a bit too excited to try it, but I have taken some horse tranquilizer and am prepared for almost anything

first thoughts : this poo poo hot and thiccccc I spose joe looked at himself in the mirror and thought, drat, I've been looking for some inspiration for my next sauce

second thoughts : this poo poo is hot.. and thicc. it's thick, and it's tasty. it's also hot. I suspect this has chilis in in. and it's red. red as gently caress. and I am enjoying it.

I am eating it with a single chopstick. trying to pay homage to my eastern compatriots.

it does not have a strong vinegar flavour. this is good. and it's not tooo sweet. which is also very good.

did I mention it has a spicy lady on the bottle? I just had three dips in a row, my mouth is pleasantly burning, and I just coughed a whole bunch. that's how you know it's good.

this is a solid 8.7 out of 10. I am going to enjoy every last drop

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
defo looking forward to trying it on a food

also

im inspried to make a sauce of ym own

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

echinopsis posted:

early this AM I received a knock on my door. who could it be? it was joe, himself. he had flown all the way from the U S of A to deliver me a bottle of his home made hot sauce. he took one look at me, told me "u smell", and left. not even a kiss

he gave me a bottle of sauce. at first I was a bit too excited to try it, but I have taken some horse tranquilizer and am prepared for almost anything

first thoughts : this poo poo hot and thiccccc I spose joe looked at himself in the mirror and thought, drat, I've been looking for some inspiration for my next sauce

second thoughts : this poo poo is hot.. and thicc. it's thick, and it's tasty. it's also hot. I suspect this has chilis in in. and it's red. red as gently caress. and I am enjoying it.

I am eating it with a single chopstick. trying to pay homage to my eastern compatriots.

it does not have a strong vinegar flavour. this is good. and it's not tooo sweet. which is also very good.

did I mention it has a spicy lady on the bottle? I just had three dips in a row, my mouth is pleasantly burning, and I just coughed a whole bunch. that's how you know it's good.

this is a solid 8.7 out of 10. I am going to enjoy every last drop

excellent:3:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

fermenting hot sauce is good and easy and makes a tasty treat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I need to do this