Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

echinopsis posted:

mint is the feces of food

it’s poo poo

you are approaching prefect levels of baby palate here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

echinopsis posted:

mint is the feces of food

it’s poo poo
dsyp!!

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sagebrush posted:

you are approaching prefect levels of baby palate here

mint is the bbq sauce of herbs

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I put fresh mint in when I make stew, it goes well with baharat and lemon

it's really good for garnishing drinks too, esp. ginger beer stuff like a moscow mule or dark & stormy

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
mogitos are an acceptable use of mint

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

mint jelly is among the worst british food inventions ever, hm this lamb is a bit gamey, better put toothpaste on it

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Think i'm going to upgrade my pots and pans this year.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i grew a mint plant back at the arkansas house and it escaped the bonds of the garden plot and at the end the back corner of our half acre plot was mint instead of grass

mowing was absolutely wonderful

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Jonny 290 posted:

i grew a mint plant back at the arkansas house and it escaped the bonds of the garden plot and at the end the back corner of our half acre plot was mint instead of grass

the hoa allowed that???

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
i had a 20 oz steak instead of turkey and that was a deec idea

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i got waygu instead of turkey too. way less than 20 oz though

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

fart simpson posted:

the hoa allowed that???

Mint is just like Islam, unstoppable.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I generally don't buy stuff like this but I bought the vegan chicken mince from kroger since it was on sale. So I will be making kebabs/kofta tonight.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

fart simpson posted:

the hoa allowed that???

i lived in arkansas bro. what hoa lmao

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the city water main ran through our back yard and one day it ruptured and dumped 250,000 gallons of water into my neighbors' yards and destroyed two houses. we were off the hook for anything lol

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Eating an after indian food samosa.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

im “eating” a glass of red wine for breakfast

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i just ate a roast beef on cheddar, grilled cheese, with a sliced up tomato and a shallot (KING OF ALLIUMS)

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

fart simpson posted:

im “eating” a glass of red wine for breakfast

getting it out of your system just in time
for watuary

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

did some chicken with Korean bbq sauce under the broiler, tastes good man

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
i made instant pot congee with this recipe. didn't use garlic salt or white pepper though. threw in several 31/40 raw peeled shrimp in the last 5 mins of the saute/simmer

my wife who is a real congee head says it's some of the best she's had. i don't like congee much usually and it's good

e: also i used 2 dozen frozen raw bone-in skin-on chicken wings for the meat. a lot of work to separate the skin/bone/etc but great result for flavor and quantity of meat

Kenny Logins fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Dec 18, 2021

mystes
May 31, 2006

I make congee in my instant pot a lot too, it works really well.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

mystes posted:

I make congee in my instant pot a lot too, it works really well.
now that i have a solid baseline recipe and know how to season it, i think i'll be making it more often. took about 2 hours start to finish but a lot of that is downtime

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
if you can get some duck stock for congee it’s really savoury and good.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

what’s a 31/40 shrimp

mystes
May 31, 2006

fart simpson posted:

what’s a 31/40 shrimp
In metric it's 775 millishrimp

it's the range for the number of shrimp per pound which is used to indicate the size of the shrimp

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
brb gonna go eat a kiloshrimp

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

fart simpson posted:

what’s a 31/40 shrimp
about the size of my index finger frozen

don't ask me how i know that

mystes
May 31, 2006

I hope they were able to reattach ir

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i made a big gently caress lasagna

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

PokeJoe posted:

i made a big gently caress lasagna

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Jonny 290 posted:

my grandparents had chives and mint gone wild on the side of their house. nothing like going out and picking a handful for a recipe from aggressively untamed bushels fighting for a thin strip of land by the driveway

mystes
May 31, 2006

c food s: installed a modified firmware on an old lovely wifi camera so I can watch my bolognese simmer over rtsp (and not have my network hacked via cloud bullshit):

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
hot bolognese: low velocity

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

got a smoker for christmas so i'm a 10+ hour cook guy now. first pork shoulder came out great, no rub. way overfilled the coal basket but once it burned down the temp was fine

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

cowboy beepboop posted:

got a smoker for christmas so i'm a 10+ hour cook guy now. first pork shoulder came out great, no rub. way overfilled the coal basket but once it burned down the temp was fine

welcome to the club. in a couple years you'll be doing this kind of stupid stuff too:

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

woah, neat
not ready for that yet

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

not having a computer gives you an excuse to hang out next to the smoker and drink beer all day

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/postinmonkey/status/1357937418838577152?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

in WWII the British soldiers used to flavor their rations by smoking them over burning tires