Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Skinnymansbeerbelly posted:

Pizza cooks of YOSPOS, what is your preferred pizza cheese? I've tried the grocery store preshredded mozz (lol) and the Galbani whole milk low moisture, which has an acceptable texture and sticks like pizza cheese should, but is flavorless.
Ricotta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

buy a block of whole milk Mozzarella from Trader Joe’s, optionally mix in about 15% provolone or cheddar

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I get the whole milk mozz cylinder and also add a support cheese like cheddar or pepper jack

mystes
May 31, 2006

PokeJoe posted:

I get the whole milk mozz cylinder and also add a support cheese like cheddar or pepper jack
Only the finest cheddar tipped mozzarella rods

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

it’s really hard to get low moisture here so i get regular buffalo mozzarella and squeeze the poo poo out of it in some cheese cloth, you still have to be a little sparing with it but it’s better than neopolitan soup

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Some string cheese is whole milk mozz

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

the french use emmental and they know a thing or two about cheese please don't do this

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

distortion park posted:

the french use emmental and they know a thing or two about cheese please don't do this
french cheese for eating by itself is great

french cheese for putting in sandwiches etc is as bad if not worse than other countries

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i wasnt joking https://kalamazoogourmet.com/guides-recipes/recipes/apple-stilton-pizza/

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i like stilton

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

me too

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Pizza cooks of YOSPOS, what is your preferred pizza cheese? I've tried the grocery store preshredded mozz (lol) and the Galbani whole milk low moisture, which has an acceptable texture and sticks like pizza cheese should, but is flavorless.

whatever these guys recommend (some of whom are in yospos):

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3441635

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

ingredients

1 prebaked 12-inch gluten free pizza crust
1 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
1 teaspoon grated orange zest
1 cup coarsely shredded cooked turkey
1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
4 ounces Brie cheese, cubed
1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary

directions

1. Preheat oven to 450°. Place crust on an ungreased baking sheet.
2. In a small bowl, mix cranberry sauce and orange zest; spread over crust. Top with turkey, onion and Brie cheese; sprinkle with rosemary. Bake 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2Z4VPsSvww

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Having some soup for lunch 2day.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i love soup

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i like soup and im not afraid to mention its the food that gets my attention

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

soup is excellent

mystes
May 31, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

soup is excellent
some would even say that it is good food

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010

Stringent posted:

whatever these guys recommend (some of whom are in yospos):

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3441635

It's a huge thread, full of experienced and often helpful posters and wonderful photography (ogopogo's pizza palace is deffo on the list next time I hit Vegas)

It's just that every time I post in there I feel like I'm a toddler interrupting Julia Child in the middle of taping so I can ask how to boil an egg, with my extremely basic pizza questions.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Pizza is easy pals just maka-da-pizza you know

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

theres a bag at the supermarket labelled grated pizza cheese

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

have you considered provel cheese

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

making some lentils for dinner today

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

rotor posted:

heres my controversial yospos food take:

pizza really isnt that great and people get way too worked up about it

what the gently caress

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

i like the texture of Galbani whole milk low moisture a lot.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

AnimeIsTrash posted:

making some lentils for dinner today

i put some cheese btween bread and heated it

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
my partner is going to teach me how to make spicy garlic green beans

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
sweet

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

rotor posted:

heres my controversial yospos food take:

pizza really isnt that great and people get way too worked up about it

i disagree about it not being great, but people do get too worked up about it. as long as your one is a good style (neapolitan) then it's going to taste great. basically every restaurant which serves them will do a good one

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

distortion park posted:

i disagree about it not being great, but people do get too worked up about it. as long as your one is a good style (neapolitan) then it's going to taste great. basically every restaurant which serves them will do a good one

ppl have deeply held opinions about brace styles in here

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

There's lots of bad pizzas out there, one of the biggest local pizza chains here sucks absolute rear end

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
pizzas, like burgers, have two quality domains

1: are you drunk, high, tired or out having fun with the boys/girls
2: do you want a Good Meal

for example, i rate in-n-out at an 8/10 on the drunkburger scale and maybe a 2.5-3/10 on the scale of All Burgs.

pizzas the same way. sometimes pizza hut hits the spot but you dont usually wanna take a date out there (though if they're into it, probably a keeper)

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I’ve never had let alone seen a chicago style pizza but I love pizza sauce and drat they look yum

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

this looks yum

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
they're really good on a cold winter's night when you're watching a football game, but they're calorie dense as fuuuuuuuuuuck. you can't like, eat a chicago pizza by yourself and make it through the night

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

echinopsis posted:

this looks yum

that's not a chicago style pizza but yes it looks tasty.

this is chicago style

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

echinopsis posted:

this looks yum

this looks really good :yum:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sagebrush posted:

that's not a chicago style pizza but yes it looks tasty.

this is chicago style

oh yeah I knew it wasn’t, just saw that pic a few days ago and thought it relevant to share

that chicago one does look good tho

there’s some places here that claim to do “real NY slice” and they’re ok, suppose they can’t be all that different, but I prefer my pizza to be a bit more like .. lol pizza hut I guess. good pizza hut that is, when it was chock full of hot pizza sauce, the base is spongy and greasy and the cheese is melty with a huge oily sheen. drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
NY style pizza is okay but it's very, very gimmicky. I think people just like folding the slices in half. i'm just like, buy a calzone, idiot