Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Silver Alicorn posted:

I need to learn to make a good vegan chili

I like this one. I am not a big mushroom fan so I use either lentils or tvp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSXA2LYQud4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

graph posted:

if i had gas burners id have stirfry every day

I have an electric stove and I make okay stir fry. You just can't make it in big quantities.

https://www.seriouseats.com/ask-the-food-lab-can-i-stir-fry-on-an-electric-cooktop

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I always thought that curry powder was powered curry leaves. Til

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

echinopsis posted:

thats kinda what I meant, the implication from the product on the shelf is that this represents the entire continent

I finally looked up what curry powder is and it looks like it's just a combination of spices that are normally used in north indian cooking. Most dishes use some combination of tumeric, cumin, coriander, and chilli powder. It looks like some variations also use ginger and garlic powder. I think in most north indian cooking you'd use both fresh either minced or as paste. There are a couple other local spices like dried mango powder that are sometimes added.

It's an all purpose seasoning so you'd use it like that, I use an indian version of that sometimes.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Silver Alicorn posted:

went to the korean market today. got a bunch of garbage. idk what ingredients to get to make delicious korean food

I got some kbbq sauce a while back and have been having kbbq jackfruit sandwiches for lunch for about 2 weeks now.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

If none of you have tried a korean omlette before you should, they're fantastic.

If you're looking for a plant based version, this lady's recipe for mung bean korean omlettes comes out really good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngF4MNe9RXc

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Made some burritos with adobo tempeh, guac, cilantro rice, fajita veggies, and some black beans today. Apparently I am very bad at figuring out how much I am making so I now what I think will last me over a week. :yum:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

fart simpson posted:

freshwater

the story is they were rare in china until the american military started airdropping them into fields to try to disrupt local agriculture, decades ago, but chinese people just started eating them. i have no idea if that’s accurate but several different people here have told me the same story

Is there is a stir fry sauce combination that you like to use?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

This guy owns, I have really been enjoying him cutting things with his clever and cooking them on his giant wok.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

One of my recently guilty pleasures has been watching a bunch of the village cooking channels on youtube. There always seems to be an old person in each who is thrilled to be eating whatever they cook. :3:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

President Beep posted:

can what is “authentic” change over time?

No, for example you have authentically bad posts.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Eating some food

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

rotor posted:

the best way to cook a chicken is to cut out the backbone and roast it flat on a bed of potatos & onions until the skin is really crispy

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I ran out of the dry mango powder I normally use to add a sour element to my dal and used lemon juice instead and it came out fantastic. :yum:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Made some vegan lasagna today with tofu ricotta. I let the ricotta go too long in the food processor so it ended up being a lot smoother than regular ricotta. I also sauted some onions, spinach, and zucchini and then let it simmer in some premade pasta sauce.

It came out fantastic, the only thing I think I would have done differently is season the tofu ricotta a bit more.

AnimeIsTrash fucked around with this message at 16:37 on May 23, 2021

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Bought a carbon steel wok today. It unfortunately has a wooden handle so I can put it in the oven but I am looking forward to making stir frys every other day.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Jonny 290 posted:

uhh do what

Do you not season woks by putting them in the oven?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

PokeJoe posted:

it's pizza time

Nice candy jar OP

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Jonny 290 posted:

No because i'm not dumb enough to try to run a wok on the electric coils my goodly landlord has availed to me

:negative:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Glorgnole posted:

i;m making cinnamon rolls

Post the cinnamon rolls OP

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Glorgnole posted:

they're good as hell fresh out of the oven

Looks good OP, i'm proud of you.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

My 1 bedroom kingdom for that.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

shoeberto posted:

What a beautiful dough. How do you make it?

Yeah i'm curious too. I heard that the food processor is a great way to make dough as well but I am lazy and don't want to pull it out or clean it up.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Eeyo posted:

cfs: bought a new bag of urad dal and tried to make idli, but the batter didn't end up fermenting. put it in my new "fermentation chamber" (aka an inkbird, a heating pad, and a cooler) so it should have been warm enough. that's like two different bags i've tried and failed with. this one has an expiration date that's in september though so it's probably old. i should read the bags before i buy them.

at least my sambar is getting better. ground up some powder with the grinder i got for christmas.

Did you try tossing in some fenugreek seeds? I've never had much luck with idli fermentation, and even stuff like the type of rice you use can completely mess it up. All my family state side just tells me to use the premade powder.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Although neither I nor my stateside family are south indian, so idlis are very out of our forte.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I heat things on my plutonium slab. I haven't noticed any changes but my dick does look a little larger.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

PokeJoe posted:

im glad you can finally see it with the naked eye

thanks dude

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/rzldzl420/status/1404995845397827591

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

The only thing I will be putting on mac and cheese is sriracha.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Make some cherry pie

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Also please send me a cherry pie tia

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Eating some mangos this morning

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

shoeberto posted:

SO grateful for my freedoms in this Christian nation (keep the CHRIST in Christian!!!) on this independence day, July 3rd

god bless 🙏

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

President Beep posted:

hope you didn’t have to get out of the boat to find them.

I swam to India to get them because all mangos grown outside of India are bullshit.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I had some extra bananas left over so I made some vegan banana halwa using coconut oil instead of ghee. It looks like poop and is currently cooling in the fridge so I won't post it yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71UHlsHxZzo

AnimeIsTrash fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jul 4, 2021

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

President Beep posted:

I do not enjoy mangoes.

:mods:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Get yourself some alphonso mangos, then never go back to the lesser mangos.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

PokeJoe posted:

do you have alphonso mangos in a can?

Nope I buy mine from the Indian store. You can find them canned, although they add quite a bit of sugar to the pulp version.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

Postin bout hot sauce. Valentina standard for daily driver. Valentina black label for special occasions
I've been using this one as my daily drive:

I like to put this ontop of pizza though:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

Have you considered having a palate?

It's kind of like calling everything you gently caress up cooking chicago style, but instead you just douse it in hot sauce.