Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Valko posted:

If you like things like olives, pickles and sharp strong cheese you should like marmite.

Unless it's Australian (Sanitarium) Marmite. Australian Marmite is weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

nachos with the rest of that pork chorizo. turns out the grocery store stocks multiple brands of beef chorizo and I'd just never paid attention. i WILL try it

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

I had a burger with pulled pork and bbq and crispy onions on it. Not the first time I’ve had one like that, it was pretty good. The self-serve bar was much more interesting. While it was nice to choose my own flight I wasn’t really a fan. I’ve never bartended but I know the basics of pouring beer, and I still couldn’t manage a flight glass pour that wasn’t 1/3 head. Under normal circumstances the bartender would just overpour, but when they’re charging you by the ounce that’s not a very economical option.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Wife’s out of town so made a Heartbreaker

Thick bacon, cream cheese and Mayo on sourdough….im gonna sleep till she comes back Sunday

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I tried the Marmite today. I had bacon and eggs and toast with one piece with Marmite. Holy hell I didn't expect it to be that salty. I did go very easy and used about a teaspoon which is the serving size. It's crazy that just a teaspoon has 3g of protein.

It was pretty decent but I didn't like the aftertaste when I breathed out my nose. I can definitely see how it'd be very useful for gravies and soups. I shall continue experimenting.

Dinner is this exact same thing again.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Broccoli and cheese stuffed chicken breast, potatoes with cottage cheese, and broccoli with cheese sauce. :yum:

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

one day I'll make a crust again

Apple Gouda Chicken sausage, gruyere, Bell peppers. not bad but it was sweeter than I'd have preferred

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Last night, tonight, and maybe the next two nights are two of my ghetto rear end chili dogs.

They had 2 for $5 packs of bun length Ball Park hot dogs so I got them and threw one in the freezer. Cheap, fortified white buns, Kraft singles, and store brand "Chili sauce for hot dogs." I didn't check the label and thought it was going to be no-bean chili but it is, in fact, all mashed beans. It's actually pretty good and somehow only 10 calories per tablespoon. I'd like to see a lab test on that because I don't believe it.

Here's the thing... I'm sober when I eat these this time. Every single other time I grab that stuff for when I'm really drunk at night and I bought the hot dogs a couple of weeks ago when I was still drinking 15 beers a night.

:yum:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
:smug:

I had to move the banana bread I made earlier into the picture to make it less shameful. I don't think it's working.

The chili dogs were good!

oxyrosis
Aug 4, 2006
Scars are tattoos with better stories.

The chili dogs were good!

Chili dogs w/ yellow mustard is the best way to have them.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I don't think I've ever had mustard on a chili dog. It's always just chili, cheese, and maybe onions if they are available.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

:cmon:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Baked potato con carne with cheese. And I only burned my mouth a little bit.

BounceBanana
Feb 3, 2021

I don't think I've ever had mustard on a chili dog. It's always just chili, cheese, and maybe onions if they are available.

Same, but I'm going to give it a try. I do put mustard and hot sauce on hotdogs otherwise. But wtf do I know, I had Takis for dinner.

BastardAus
Jun 3, 2003
Chunder from Down Under
Finally turning Autumnal down the bottom of the world here so I cracked out the remaining frozen bones of the ham we had last Xmas for split pea and ham soup – bloody bonza!
But it looks like puke so no pictures, y'know.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Broccoli and cheese stuffed chicken breast, potatoes with cottage cheese, and broccoli with cheese sauce. :yum:

I'm down 5lbs since I stopped drinking. However if fluctuates a lot. I set my calories to 1,700 a day and I've been consistently hitting under that the past week since I started.

I recognize that thing. They used to have a seafood stuffed one that was sooooooo good but I haven't seen one in forever.

BastardAus
Jun 3, 2003
Chunder from Down Under

pro starcraft loser posted:

I recognize that thing. They used to have a seafood stuffed one that was sooooooo good but I haven't seen one in forever.

I like the cheese on cheese on cheese action, gives me hope now I've laid off the booze

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I grew up on those. Recently I went to a bougie grocery store and there were two entire freezer door sections of variants of them which kinda blew my mind

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

pro starcraft loser posted:

I got them from Meijer (grocery store here) a while back because they were BOGO. The other one I got was chicken cordon bleu. If I see them again I might have to grab some more. 30 minutes at 400F and done.

BastardAus posted:

I like the cheese on cheese on cheese action, gives me hope now I've laid off the booze

Honestly I don't even think about it but yeah, I might have a problem.

edit:
There are a bunch of different kinds.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Forget what brand I got of those but man it blew my mind how salty it was.

Thats my only experience with the Double Down Hot Pocket

I should try again cause they look good

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Apr 23, 2024

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Ah, I was thinking of these.

Haven't seen this flavor in a while.

oxyrosis
Aug 4, 2006
Scars are tattoos with better stories.
Went to our favorite Vietnamese place tonight, seafood pho and crispy noodles. Gotta get that thick rear end Vietnamese coffee too, cmon man!

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I got them from Meijer (grocery store here) a while back because they were BOGO. The other one I got was chicken cordon bleu. If I see them again I might have to grab some more. 30 minutes at 400F and done.

Honestly I don't even think about it but yeah, I might have a problem.

edit:
There are a bunch of different kinds.

Cordon Bleu version is p legit for a piece of poo poo frozen junk

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

An insanely huge bowl of frozen yoghurt.

It's because I had to saw the top off the 4 litre container to fit it in my freezer, which needs defrosting.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

Apple gouda chicken sausage, black olives, red bell peppers, banana peppers on olive oil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

A super lazy shrimp fettuccine alfredo. I ended up eating the whole pan. In my defense, I haven't eaten anything today and I'm going to go to bed soon. It turned out pretty good. I usually always make too much pasta but I weighed it out and it worked!

Food filter again lol.

Basically this again. I wanted to use the rest of the shrimp. But I'm sober atm and it's only 10pm and I'm eating dinner!