Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DickButt Shitlord
Oct 14, 2012

Funky See Funky Do posted:

How well do you know these women? Have you known them for long?

I know them both very well they are close friends of mine I have known for years. Im going to bed now

can't wait to tell them how spectacularly I failed.

DickButt Shitlord fucked around with this message at 14:41 on May 17, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Vitruvian Maam posted:

it would be a lot easier to laugh along with yall if anyone was actually helping. The only money donated so far has been my own.

You have gotten multiple suggestions (which you’ve ignored) because you are married to the idea of the go fund me because instead of doing something helpful and useful you need to be the hero to these two young ladies. You clearly want to help them, which is great, but in your mind the only way to do it is to buy them new cars and be their knight in shining armor.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

The Walrus posted:

*blush*

holy poo poo dude

Lmao!

God drat. This just keeps getting better.

DickButt Shitlord
Oct 14, 2012

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

You have gotten multiple suggestions (which you’ve ignored) because you are married to the idea of the go fund me because instead of doing something helpful and useful you need to be the hero to these two young ladies. You clearly want to help them, which is great, but in your mind the only way to do it is to buy them new cars and be their knight in shining armor.

what suggestions are those? what did I miss? What the gently caress are you talking about

filing a police report that will get ignored?

DickButt Shitlord fucked around with this message at 14:46 on May 17, 2021

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I think somebody said stop posting, that was a good one

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

And you say I'm the one with limited mental capacity?

DickButt Shitlord
Oct 14, 2012

Jose Oquendo posted:

And you say I'm the one with limited mental capacity?

this has been the only funny thing you have said.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Vitruvian Maam posted:

I know them both very well they are close friends of mine I have known for years. Im going to bed now

man, you gotta just relax. this is a real post, your feelings about your friends are getting you mad on the internet. you were always going to get made fun of for this thready, that's a fact, but there are lots of other things you can do to help your friends other than asking strangers on the internet, or buying them a new car (??)

you do straight up come off as a bit manic, so just remember this thread is not life, the forums are not life, and you have not failed your friends. you've been up all night and you're posting like it: log off

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Vitruvian Maam posted:

what suggestions are those? what did I miss? What the gently caress are you talking about

- Blast him on FB/social
- take him to small claims court
- literally do anything else besides set up a GoFundMe

those are at least two of them I've seen in this thread but instead you've been obsessed with protecting your honor or some poo poo and fighting with people rather than doing the bare minimum that doesn't involve a GFM

In fact, it's not at all heroic that you want other people to do your work. You're asking everyone else to give you money so you can be the hero, which is unheroic as heck dude!

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Vitruvian Maam posted:

Goodnight. I'm still of the opinion that this isn't real but on the off chance it is. I'm very sorry your friends got scammed and for whatever it is that you're going through right now that is making you do this. I hope things start looking up soon.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

OP this guy sounds like a real jerk, you should give him a swirlie!

DickButt Shitlord
Oct 14, 2012

low key sex master posted:

- Blast him on FB/social
- take him to small claims court
- literally do anything else besides set up a GoFundMe

those are at least two of them I've seen in this thread but instead you've been obsessed with protecting your honor or some poo poo and fighting with people rather than doing the bare minimum that doesn't involve a GFM

In fact, it's not at all heroic that you want other people to do your work. You're asking everyone else to give you money so you can be the hero, which is unheroic as heck dude!

I am not here to cause problems for others, including him. I am here to create solutions.

Small claims court would be way below the amount of money we are talking about here

and you can try to say I am doing this for selfish reasons all you want. I tried to offer a way to remove myself from the scenario. I am getting worked up but that is because you are all such loving pricks except for the genuine few that seem to be considering what I am asking. It's difficult to remain calm when you have good intentions and people are trying to make ME the bad guy

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Vitruvian Maam posted:

I am not here to cause problems for others, including him. I am here to create solutions.

He's the one causing the problems. You'd need the two women to be on board fully with what was suggested though. Just curious, whats the reason he has given for not giving them the cars?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Vitruvian Maam posted:

Small claims court would be way below the amount of money we are talking about here

and you can try to say I am doing this for selfish reasons all you want. I tried to offer a way to remove myself from the scenario. I am getting worked up but that is because you are all such loving pricks except for the genuine few that seem to be considering what I am asking. It's difficult to remain calm when you have good intentions and people are trying to make ME the bad guy

So, as I said, you aren’t looking for advice, you just want money for the GFM which is literally the “least amount of effort” thing you can do. You know what’s a good thing you could do for free? Have them talk to a lawyer to see if they’ve even got a case (they do). If this guy’s that much of a scum bag gently caress his life up or at least put a little fear into him.

Or just wait for a GFM that’ll never happen while your friends are potentially sexually assaulted by the guy that also stole money from them.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Vitruvian Maam posted:

Buy me two replacement cars, and when he tries to trick me I will punch him in the nose!

DickButt Shitlord
Oct 14, 2012

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Goodnight. I'm still of the opinion that this isn't real but on the off chance it is. I'm very sorry your friends got scammed and for whatever it is that you're going through right now that is making you do this. I hope things start looking up soon.

thank you for your help.

Unfortunately it appears there is no way this is going to go the way I wanted it to.

I am done.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I mean you could do the thing you said where you do paintings for donations, that seems like something you could do other than acting like a petulant child. But it does seem at this point like you'd rather just do that.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Vitruvian Maam posted:

thank you for your help.

Unfortunately it appears there is no way this is going to go the way I wanted it to.

I am done.

why the gently caress would you ever think this thread was going to go the way you wanted it to when you literally posted a repost of the printer story then tripled down on it

DickButt Shitlord
Oct 14, 2012

The Walrus posted:

I mean you could do the thing you said where you do paintings for donations, that seems like something you could do other than acting like a petulant child. But it does seem at this point like you'd rather just do that.

yep. Clearly I went with the wrong idea. I'll try the other one.

MrQwerty posted:

why the gently caress would you ever think this thread was going to go the way you wanted it to when you literally posted a repost of the printer story then tripled down on it

I do not know what the printer story is.

DickButt Shitlord fucked around with this message at 15:08 on May 17, 2021

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

The Walrus posted:

*blush*

holy poo poo dude

that can't be real right?
Am I being had

DickButt Shitlord
Oct 14, 2012

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

that can't be real right?
Am I being had

What she said made me feel good. So I blushed. What's the problem here? She made it clear she appreciated what I was doing. That made me happy.

everyone I am done with this thread. Forget about it. I am moving on to another idea. I'm glad everyone was able to get so much amusement out of this. I am a pathetic neckbeard that is desperate for approval from these women so much that I would buy them cars for attention. Yes that is exactly what is going on here.

DickButt Shitlord fucked around with this message at 15:22 on May 17, 2021

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
*goon spends life savings on purchasing two used cars*
*presents cars to friends*

Friends: “Wow, uh, thanks! You’re the best!”

*3 months later friends trade in used cars for new cars, still hang out with guy who scammed them, one of them is dating him*

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
I want to formally apologize to the OP and the other posters for saying this should be in E/N, I was wrong.

This thread should stay in GBS forever, and I hope one day technology allows it to be beamed directly into my brain so it's the last thing I see before I die.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Vitruvian Maam posted:

I do not know what the printer story is.

you should google the printer story because this is an entire thread of people clowning on you for reenacting the printer story x$30,000

DickButt Shitlord
Oct 14, 2012

MrQwerty posted:

you should google the printer story because this is an entire thread of people clowning on you for reenacting the printer story x$30,000

I am not going to do this.

I will keep this thread open so you guys can keep doing what you are doing. It's great stuff.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

:munch:

also OP if you take any advice from this thread make it this: if the situation is serious enough that you hope total strangers will give you cash, you probably shouldn't joke in the gofundme description.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Vitruvian Maam posted:

I am not going to do this.

I will keep this thread open so you guys can keep doing what you are doing. It's great stuff.

your loss

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

It seems weird you would tell them your thread on a forum to raise money failed. Just give them the money if it succeeds, if it fails why would you tell them anything?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

i thought you were going to sleep, not constantly refreshing this thread to see who's dunked on you lately

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Good news OP I have procured a replacement vehicle.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Meme Poker Party posted:

op doesn't want to go this route. I will take the car thx

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Meme Poker Party posted:

*trying to decide whether to save this into the "cool" image directory or the "art" one*

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I dunno why I used asterisks

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Serious suggestion, OP. It's a tough situation, your friends really need your support, clearly, and you're doing a good thing trying to help them, even if your plan didn't work out exactly how you wanted. There are some tried and true steps, however, you can take to help them. Just remember, as unfortunate as their circumstances might be, you are not the first to find yourself in this situation. People have been dealing with similar stuff for ages, and every step has been honed and perfected to ensure the best result with the least amount of headache. First, look up who the sheriff in your county is, then write and record a rap song about how much that other guy sucks, make it go viral, get invited on national television, receive two cars from President Biden, and finally give the cars to your friends.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

I dunno why I used asterisks

*blushes*

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Sorry your onlyfans friends lost their car op

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
i got a printer you can suprise one of them with

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

kntfkr posted:

op doesn't want to go this route. I will take the car thx

Sad news friends. Post kntfkr has revealed has revealed themselves as a ROGUE and VILLAIN. They took advantage of the fact that I am a cartoon character with no free will to swindle me into TOTALLY UNWITTINGLY signing over the title to this car. They placed a piece of paper in front of me and asked to me sign. Of course I assumed it was an autograph request so I did so without hesitation. Apparently it was a Transfer of Title.

OP as the forums FOREMOST EXPERT in Swindled Car Recovery I ask your assistance in creating a gofundme to replace this loss.

In the meantime I will be driving by backup vehicle, but it's just not the same.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Meme Poker Party posted:

It’s beautiful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That strange guy
Dec 14, 2014

It's not strange if we never mention it again.
I found a picture of the bad man gloating with both his new cars. Hth