Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Voodoofly posted:

The coaches stuff comes up after you voted sand so why would that be a defence to your sand vote and justification or the post I quoted?

Put it another way: I don’t see why you think sand is scum and vote him in that post, and I don’t think you thought he was scum when you voted him as you were more interested in defending your stance on somber and apostate as opposed to making an argument against sand.

I wasn’t going off the post you quoted I was going off of the post I was responding to. Also that’s really a stretch considering I have not really spent time “defending my stance” as I do just..talking and responding as I go?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

not interested in the kashuno case. have a policy to not execute new players day 1

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

GulagDolls posted:

not interested in the kashuno case. have a policy to not execute new players day 1

Thanks, GulagDolls

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

In honor of pride month coming to a close, I will only vote for members of the lgbtqia community

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

t a s t e posted:

In honor of pride month coming to a close, I will only vote for members of the lgbtqia community

the whole game?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Well, for July I’m torn between blueberry month and national black indigenous people of color mental health month to decide my votes

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

GulagDolls posted:

200+ games is a new player?

Did votefinder lie to me? Some of those were moderator or spectator but

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Rhymes With Clue posted:

200+ games is a new player?

Did votefinder lie to me? Some of those were moderator or spectator but

It's a funny joke!

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

It's a funny joke!

Oh. Well I'm dim. Could people please put their jokes in like Comic Sans or something? And then explain why they are funny.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

apostateCourier posted:

Oh joy you "jokingly" claimed scum, time to laser focus on you until you die, not losing to scum that "jokingly" claimed day one. My vote stays where it is now.

posting from the past to say Cult Recruiter is only scum if you don't get recruited (recruit me)

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

its humalong because humalong is probed and it would b efunny to vote humalong ##vote humalong

if someone calls this out as bullshit logic they're scum team defending him

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

After 15 minutes of careful consideration my D1 suspect list is t a s t e, GulagDolls, Jon Joe, Gay for Gacha, and Somberbrero (who can be removed from the list if he explains the funny joke to me) (maybe)

This will change!

I will put it in a better format

t a s t e
GulagDolls
Jon Joe
Gay for Gacha
Somberbrero

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Rhymes With Clue posted:

After 15 minutes of careful consideration my D1 suspect list is t a s t e, GulagDolls, Jon Joe, Gay for Gacha, and Somberbrero (who can be removed from the list if he explains the funny joke to me) (maybe)

This will change!

t a s t e
GulagDolls
Jon Joe
Gay for Gacha
Somberbrero

Gay for gacha has made fairly high effort posts that look like genuine town mind, it is strange to me you have a scum read of them.

GulagDolls posted:

we should vote out steak for not doing his usual d1 meta yet. this will accomplish two things. 1. steak will be voted out, and he might be scum. maybe. 2. this will further force him into a meta where he has to do things on d1 that make people want to kill him, because if he doesn't do this then he will not be sticking to his meta, thereby making people want to kill him

I also agree with this reasoning here. I will only not vote steak if he says he's got a vacation or going to the cottage this weekend now. Tentative vote on steak.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Rhymes With Clue posted:

This will change!

t a s t e
GulagDolls
Jon Joe
Gay for Gacha
Somberbrero

would you point to a scummy post please and elaborate on this opinion. thank you in advance

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

See you all tomorrow. Same time, same place!

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Toalpaz posted:

would you point to a scummy post please and elaborate on this opinion. thank you in advance

For example I did like GulagDolls post about Steak. But what did it do for the game state? It was a clever post but it was all about Steak's meta. Too much bread, not enough meat. A diversion.

Gay for gacha--rolefishing. And some early posts. But I do see progression there so he's off the list. For now.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Also Gay for gacha is off my list now because he's also sus of the player I am also most suspicious of atm which is Jon Joe. All he's said so far is he's town, he's town, oh and he's a bad player, and he's town, but he doesn't know how to look town. Let me know if I missed something significant.

A lot of people haven't said anything, but they've done it in a lot fewer posts.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

It’s so humid in Boston I can think good

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Sandwolf posted:

vote with me on Mr Humalong moist man

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

##vote Humalong

My good friend toal would not mislead me

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Jon Joe has been replaced by STONE COLD 64

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Jon joe is being replaced by Stone cold 64 incase you don't see it in discord

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Or when it's posted in the thread a second before me

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

b-minus1 (2): Bifauxnen, Mr. Humalong
Sandwolf (2): Kashuno, Idle Amalgam, Voodoofly, Voodoofly
Mr. Humalong (2): Toalpaz, Sandwolf
Idle Amalgam (1): Kashuno, b-minus1, Kashuno
Toalpaz (1): PlasticAutomaton
gay for gacha (1): apostateCourier
tpink (1): Amnistar
Somberbrero (1): merk, Sandwolf, Sandwolf
apostateCourier (1): merk, Somberbrero, merk
Kashuno (1): Amnistar, Idle Amalgam, Sandwolf, Sandwolf, Idle Amalgam, Voodoofly, Amnistar
t a s t e (0): apostateCourier, apostateCourier, Sandwolf, Sandwolf
Mr. Steak (0): Kashuno, Infinitum, Infinitum, Kashuno
merk (0): Infinitum, Infinitum
PlasticAutomaton (0): b-minus1, b-minus1
Infinitum (0): Kashuno, Kashuno
GulagDolls (0): apostateCourier, Idle Amalgam, apostateCourier, Idle Amalgam

Not Voting (10): gay for gacha, GulagDolls, Ignatius M. Meen, Infinitum, Mr. Steak, Rhymes With Clue, SolusLunes, STONE COLD 64, t a s t e, tpink

With 23 alive, it's 12 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 01st, 2021 at 10 p.m. UTC -- that's in about 1 day, 16 hours.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
aw geez sorry to see ya go joe

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Sandwolf posted:

We have had an insane heat wave since Friday. Supposedly the highest temps Vancouver has seen since the 70s. Humid as poo poo too.

I think the weather is just now starting to change. Winds picked up crazy big in the last fifteen minutes, so much so that a couple doors just slammed shut in our house trying to keep this place cool.

Would have been nice if the wind picked up a few hours ago. I just spent two hours running around the city with a heavy rear end bike lock in my backpack as someone thought they saw my stolen bike at an encampment under a bridge overpass. I had zero luck, and also have been on hold to update police for over an hour (I can't do it online because their website is broken).

Basically tonight has sucked punctured with short stabs of pure blissful hope.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

gay for gacha posted:

Jon joe is being replaced by Stone cold 64 incase you don't see it in discord

yeah...because jon joe was scum!!! ##vote stone cold

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GulagDolls posted:

this is also why i'm not voting binus

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Steak what was your pregame clarification post about because:

A.) Something like that could have been asked to the mod in your private chat channel on Discord
B.) Reads like you have an ability that can kill people, and you wanted clarification on phrasing to make sure it goes off

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Infinitum posted:

Steak what was your pregame clarification post about because:

A.) Something like that could have been asked to the mod in your private chat channel on Discord
B.) Reads like you have an ability that can kill people, and you wanted clarification on phrasing to make sure it goes off

a) i asked publicly because there are newbies in the game and im very particular about the specificity of mafia rules!

b) killing is the simplest example of what i was talking about.

believe me, i wouldn't vaguepost about a mafia game right before it starts. (nor would i be naive enough to blatantly ask the mod about my role details in thread)

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
on the subject of kills "going off", as an aside... the results of a killing action are generally, um... well-known by all the players. so there's no need to make sure your kill went off. the distinction in the mod's wording is only really important to distinguish the reason for their failed kill. which is important for the role-haver to interpret their results and also for the rest of town to interpret anything their claim

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hey mods do day actions still count if you spell them different than how the command is spelled in your PM, like for example, dayvidge instead of dayvig, asking for a friend

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Other than the horrible crime of not going along with Amni's fake mason claim, Steak hasn't really done anything that jumps out as scum, and seems positively helpful. ...Which is weird after the last game I played with him. But I believe in Mister Steak.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Just checked. Jon Joe and I have played in all of 1 game together

So this is a super weird vote to me

Jon Joe posted:

##vote Infinitum Let's improve the game for everyone.

I'm going with my earlier comment, that someone mentioned an Inf Turbo in scumchat for shits and giggles

Infinitum posted:

Nice to see Scumchat still recommending the Inf turbo

##vote Stone Cold aka Jon Joe

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

PlasticAutomaton posted:

But I believe in Mister Steak.

That's weird, cause this is D1 of Mafia. Town shouldn't be trusting anybody.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Bifauxnen posted:

Hey mods do day actions still count if you spell them different than how the command is spelled in your PM, like for example, dayvidge instead of dayvig, asking for a friend

Misspelling day actions is the equivalent of pointing the gun at yourself accidentally when you pull the trigger so naturally you’d kill yourself

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

It's not about trust. I simply believe in Mister Steak to make the game interesting. If he's town or not is irrelevant.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Misspelling day actions is the equivalent of pointing the gun at yourself accidentally when you pull the trigger so naturally you’d kill yourself

Dayvig (as in short for vigorous) wins again

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Jon Joe posted:

I think I will utilize 'potato mafia theory' this game.

bye jon joe this joke make me laugh out loud !

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Infinitum posted:

That's weird, cause this is D1 of Mafia. Town shouldn't be trusting anybody.

hence my line, town are allies. people who look for friends D1 are probably either looking for a midnight snack or converts to the scum religion

PlasticAutomaton posted:

It's not about trust. I simply believe in Mister Steak to make the game interesting. If he's town or not is irrelevant.

slightly dubious, but not implausible since he's a chaos player and that definitely does make the game interesting. i'll allow it

...also am I really going to get away with posting "Older" on the last page? I would have thought I'd be turbo'd for that