Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
52 days kids. Remember, always pre-order (fromsoft games) because it will make them feel nice and fuzzy inside and continue to create games that are the exact opposite of Final Fantasy (good)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Yeah, I feel like people (especially 'tubers) go out of their way to dissect these things and particularize them into some kind of measureable scientific phenomena and that's just so loving far from the point, which is that they are often beyond true comprehension and can only be fathomed abstractly, especially in Bloodborne. Scientism makes everything boring.

It can be fun to sit down and dissect things and apply some kind of ontological rigidity in the sense that you are further reflecting on the plot and story; possibly realising something you hadn’t before, and most importantly “wondering”…but on the other hand you get people who go full two different notes on the xylophone and make 7 hour “refutations” of the game’s coherence. Those people watch Ben Shapiro and fail to make the most minor salient point in casual conversation at any time in their lives

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

RatHat posted:

Elden Ring’s story does seem a lot more straightforward than most of From’s games

VaatiVidya about to take out a second mortgage

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

BIG BEAR :stoked:

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

yeah this poster gets it, ds3 pyromancy owned

Have you tried a black flame run in DS3? It’s loving laughable, two barely aimed black orbs or whatever can take down the nameless King’s drake and then you just casually walk up to him and spam black flame without needing to take an ashen flask and he dies pretty much before he can attack.

Black flame is the ultimate high level grinding tool

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

Elden Ring confirmed to be a 3 hour walking simulator a lá Gone Home - brave new direction [from] FromSoft

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

Just got a notification from the PS app telling me to get Horizon Zero Dawn and I was like, you will never trick me Elder bing or bust

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

Why do I keep hearing “R2 attacks were rarely used except for niche situations, utterly pathetic inclusions that no sane man would make use of - a creepy little man’s tool”.

This sounds like straight up history revisionism, I used charge R2s all the fuckin time in every soulsborne. And the good old jumping attack

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

Magitek posted:

Does anyone know if people have calculated what the iframe situation is for dodges in Elden Ring? Supposedly the window is smaller than in DS3, but I haven't seen anything specific. For reference standard DS1 dodges had 9 iframes, Bloodborne had 11 iframes and DS3 13 iframes (based on a 30 FPS metric).

edit: And Sekiro deflection window would be 15 frames if using a 30 FPS metric

I’m do recall seeing some YouTube video breaking that down (as much as they could) but unfortunately I cannot remember what video. It’s out there!

But playing the network test was quite funny, I got to the main boss and was thinking “in DS3 I would be able to dodge all these attacks without getting hit” and came to the unscientific feeling conclusion that the iframe window seems smaller than every game bar Sekiro and DS2 without levelling ADP. I wasn’t complaining but I did think it was going to be a harder game than expected.

However this was all negated when I jumped down the tutorial cave that I somehow completely missed at the very beginning of the network test and realised parried were easier, R2s do more damage and posture damage, posture was far more important than I had thought, you need to press two buttons now to two hand, and the all important incredibly cool guard counter - which I had no idea existed until I had beaten that boss it was great to be back in the “I have no idea what I’m doing” mode in a From game and slowly realising new basic fundamentals.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

enojy posted:

The only things I remember about Demon's Souls (original) soundtrack was that it sucked, and one or more of the boss themes just sounded like he was farting a bunch

Yeah but it had the original Maiden Astrea's theme which is like top 3 of all Souls tracks

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

What? This is frucjin outrwgeaus

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

https://twitter.com/EldenRingUpdate/status/1489016664360464393?s=20&t=VBD5PlNOL2OmcLtoGM__Vg

dunno if this was posted before but more gameplay. Slightly, barely spoilery but it does have BEAR FOOTAGE

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

Jack B Nimble posted:

I took off the following Monday and Tuesday yeah.

I have a lot of things happening this year so could only take the Friday and off :(

:Edit: I will be wearing my praise the sun hoodie while I play it

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

On Feb 25th famous computer designer Michael Zaki will release spiritual sequel to the famous Shadow Tower Abyss it is called Elden Ring and you will have at least four degrees of movement is nobody else excited for this???

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

Are you all looking forward to Elden Ring in 2024

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

I started playing a new game and it said 'SIFU" instead of 'welcome 2 Elden Ring my tarnished lord' is this a known bug?

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

Vintersorg posted:

I clicked a video and instantly got a boner and my cheeks got that warming up rush. I cannot loving WAIT.

I told my wife I am taking over the TV and she said gently caress you, get the other bullshit tv and go to the unfinished basement you dumb loving idiot.

So RIP.

Just :sever:

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

What is my playthrough going to be like?

It will be sword man who dodges and dies 400 times to each boss until I finally brute force them and neglect to use any other items in my inventory

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

Rubberduke posted:

Just came in to say that i can't wait to powerstance greatswords again.

Powerstanced poison/bleed whip invasion build pls

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

lol Im on the phone to my sister she is trying to facetime me the screen so she can add her credit card and buy her husband Elden Ring before he's back from the shop lol.

"Press down on the dpad. The button that looks like a down arrow, sort of. Yes you have to press X on each character on the keyboard"

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

We really need to agree on the Goon Group Password soon. Especially for all the fellow hosed up little men taking the 25th off

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

Frankston posted:

Elden Ring

Gonna play ur Elders ring

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

https://twitter.com/EldenRingUpdate/status/1492164630273216513?s=20&t=SaUm1GicdPdlQCgMzdtjNA

Retailers have them in warehouses now, except full leaks imminently. Raise filter shields

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

I don’t want to block Elden ring news in case there’s some 0 day/minute/second bug that bricks your and everyone you care about’s console or something but I mean that won’t stop me from hitting play at 00:00:00 anyway

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

Oenis posted:

Can we take a second to appreciate that From Software are absolute bros and the game is going to launch globally at the same time?

Unfortunately, that happens to be the middle of the night here - but what's even worse, I'll be on my way home from a trip that has been a long time in the making and I didn't anticipate the launch hour then. A grave mistake. I won't be able to play until later in the day. No getting up at 3 am with hollowed eyes in the darkness in front of the screen.

Oh poo poo I thought you meant it’ll release globally at the same like…galactic time, not that those peoples of the Oceanics will be playing the game like a day before the rest of the world. Must stay away from Twitch and YouTube and twitter and essentially the internet on Thursday then.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

https://twitter.com/EldenRingUpdate/status/1492872321698308099?s=20&t=aqKZBTGjpWFJUuq-lrsM6A

Calling all hosed up little men all aboard

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

Wretches rise up

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

Shoehead posted:

the dude in the trailer goin "Oooohh Elden Ring!" is me in my sick bed a week before release wishing I could sleep til thursday

For real? Just remain sick until Thursday night, it’s basically time travel

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

No, sorry

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

I'm gonna need an Elden Ring based Sickos edit for this

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

https://twitter.com/ELDENRING/status/1495760289089921026?s=20&t=CAmZargSmCVzE5s9yQOJog

Yo what they said u hosed up little tarnished mans.

Stats are a fool's game - you go for wretch so you can feel powerless and in a state of panic for the whole game

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

beer gas canister posted:

on the evening of thrusday feb 24 i am going to get extremely high and play elden ring. lol

One must 'raw dog' reality to truly appreciate Elden Dank

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

I want that ER theme tune but with all the added BASS and PERCUSSION they've used in the trailers please force Yuka to do that Miyazaki praise be

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

Frankston posted:

I heard there will be at least three bosses in Elden Ring

No, there's only one? Youngest Ring??

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

ZeeBoi posted:

there's an optional tutorial dungeon that I'm sure people will have a normal one about

https://www.ign.com/articles/elden-ring-tutorial-cave-of-knowledge-fromsoftware-best

Gonna end up accidentally skipping this and having to find out basic fundamental mechanics at NG + 3

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

Communist Thoughts posted:

they do this every time it owns, they show a very small slice of the game and then everyone is like "bloodborne looks good but its all just yharnam and fighting beasts, wait what the gently caress????"

Find the first Blue Alien dude hanging out in the forest was such a good, out of nowhere hint that poo poo is about to get weird and I absolutely love when poo poo gets 3rd act left-field weird

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

Ulio posted:

DW there is a day one patch on release. Digital Foundry is waiting for that to do a video I think.

For now...

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

William Bear posted:

This is my favorite line from a review, from the Washington Post:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video-games/reviews/elden-ring-review/

I'm really curious to see what that could mean.

Skill up review says that the game actively uses the landscape to hide things from you, you just keep finding poo poo if you keep looking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

Frankston posted:

I wonder what the Elden Ring equivalent of Korok seeks will be

hosed up little fingers