Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeenovos
Nov 29, 2021
IT IS TIME FOR MORE PINS. ET VOILA, new pins since last post. Not as many as the flood last time, so you don’t have a ton of images to go through, haha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I'm proud of my latest pin layout which means you all get to see it too!

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

I now have a cute cupcake doggo pin after not buying any for months. Yay!

That Old Ganon
Jan 2, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Oh, man. I've only recently gotten into enamel pins, but oh, man. I think it's also cool and good to see other people with the same pins I have.

This is my work lanyard.

And some random ones:

That Old Ganon fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Feb 28, 2023

That Old Ganon
Jan 2, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I'm sort of associated with Sylveon at work and found this funny little guy.

This one is a functioning planisphere!

The Team Skull pin was the very first thing I bought on Etsy (because lol @ Nintendo having interesting merch), then it went downhill from there. The cheesecake witch is from Amazon, the Ambiguiously Gay Duo with Ace and Gary I got at an artist's alley at the Los Angeles County fair. The noods and others were from Etsy.

That Old Ganon fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Mar 2, 2023

That Old Ganon
Jan 2, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I got a banner to host most my pins.

DiD sOmEbOdY sAy DaRk SoUlS???

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

I'm not into pins, but I've sort of ended up with a bunch of them. Most were given to me on a youth exchange to Japan many years ago, a few were my dad's. Would anyone be interested in me doing a big effortpost on them? There's like twenty or so of them. If that's the kind of thing yous are into, I mean.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

That Old Ganon posted:

I got a banner to host most my pins.

DiD sOmEbOdY sAy DaRk SoUlS???

You've got some really rad pins! Guessing dark souls is gonna be its own banner

Hyperlynx posted:

I'm not into pins, but I've sort of ended up with a bunch of them. Most were given to me on a youth exchange to Japan many years ago, a few were my dad's. Would anyone be interested in me doing a big effortpost on them? There's like twenty or so of them. If that's the kind of thing yous are into, I mean.

Yeah, that'd be really cool :)

That Old Ganon
Jan 2, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

You've got some really rad pins! Guessing dark souls is gonna be its own banner
Yes, and thank you very much!

Hyperlynx posted:

Seconding this, I think it'd be rad!

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Oh hang on - there isn't any recommended place to post images yet other than making an imgur account, is there? :ohdear:

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Hyperlynx posted:

Oh hang on - there isn't any recommended place to post images yet other than making an imgur account, is there? :ohdear:

post them in a discord channel and copy the link from there, for as long as discord lasts (lol lmao)

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Bumping this thread because enamel pins are good and cool, also cross posting this from the 3D printer thread, a sort of custom display panel for pins. Click to embiggen; the fine detail of the panel really jives with the detail of the pins

StrixNebulosa posted:

The 3D printed pin board:

The pins:

I am so happy with how this came out and can’t wait to print a dozen more! But, kind of related… what’s a good way to clean a nozzle? My stringiness is getting a little silly.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Aw, thanks! I'm really proud of how that board came out. :D

The rabbit is from the pin club here: https://alchemyartgroup.com/ ; I don't think it's available for public sale yet.

Galaxia is from https://www.murmurpins.com/ but also, yeah, uh, out of stock. I got lucky snagging a preorder slot!

And the rest are from this kickstarter! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iggi/happy-habitats-thoughtful-pet-home-enamel-pins There are leftovers here! https://shop.alstroarts.com/shop/happy-habitats/181?page=1&limit=60&sort_by=created_date&sort_order=desc

ToyotaThong
Oct 29, 2011
Hi.
My name is ToyotaThong, and I may have a slight addiction to buying pins.

NSFW

NSFW

NSFW

ToyotaThong
Oct 29, 2011
Patches too!

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I've been looking for a way to display some pins, so I'm glad I was pointed in this thread's direction!

Do they sell pin displays at Michael's or something? I have a small growing collection that I'd like to hang them up on the wall like a picture frame, or maybe get a standee for the desk. What material is best for the part where the pin is actually mounted?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

New pin in! :toot:

lil cutie is from https://snigpins.bigcartel.com/

kalel posted:

I've been looking for a way to display some pins, so I'm glad I was pointed in this thread's direction!

Do they sell pin displays at Michael's or something? I have a small growing collection that I'd like to hang them up on the wall like a picture frame, or maybe get a standee for the desk. What material is best for the part where the pin is actually mounted?

Oh hey I can answer this!

Pins can be put on all kinds of material, but the common ones are: corkboard, felt, styrofoam, cloth. I personally love these hexagons: at amazon sorry but you can also make any frame you want by suspending fabric in a hoop/frame.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i have a "yard flag" that i put pins on. you can get one that goes with your theme.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Ideally I'd like to have something that can hang on the wall, akin to a picture frame. So I'm envisioning there would be a material the pins would sit in, and that material is backed by a different sturdier material that frames the inner part. Dunno if that makes sense but I'd like it to be something that I could decorate my wall with, as opposed to having it sit on my desk.

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

I have a few pin banners on my wall, but I think any cork or foamboard intended to put pushpins into could work for enamel pins. I'm a dork and both my pin banners are from book boxes, so if I were buying a board I'd probably buy something like this:

But if you want something actually classy you'll probably have to look for a regular ol' corkboard type deal like for home offices.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
Have you ever stretched your own canvas? I did that for my pins by stretching a layer of batting on then a pretty fabric over it. Finished it by screwing in some eyelets and stringing hanging wire across. On the upside with this you can make any size you want, including standard frame sizes, but the down side is that the outside 1.5 inches are unusable for tack pins as the stretcher bars get in the way of the backs/points.

deety
Aug 2, 2004

zombies + sharks = fun

Discount stores like Home Goods often carry cheap decorative bulletin boards; I picked a big one up years ago for under $20 because it's basically just burlap over styrofoam. I've also made a few small pin boards by buying the kind of cork panels they sell to stick on walls and cutting them to fit in picture frames. You need to use a frame with a little depth to it and make sure the cork is thick enough, but it's a nice way to get a variety of little boards in different styles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CantDecideOnAName
Jan 1, 2012

And I understand if you ask
Was this life,
was this all?
I made a pin board by putting some fabric scraps into a cheap embroidery hoop. I want to redo it at some point with a better fabric, like maybe something with a looser weave so that I can rearrange my pins without leaving obvious holes in the fabric.