Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
I think unsourced quotes should stay how they are. Part of the "don't give a poo poo about other forums" life of enjoyment.

That poo poo spirals so fast.

AnimeIsTrash posted:

How about we call it a day and make it illegal to be a Clippers, Kings, Lakers, or Warriors fan in CSPAM.

Tyrese Haliburton is a future super star.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I wouldn't mind a Kings era, Lakers are wastemen.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Jazerus posted:

unsourced quotes have always been way more fun than sourced ones, why would you want to change that?

:hmmyes:

I retract my suggestion

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Nonsense posted:

I wouldn't mind a Kings era, Lakers are wastemen.

Kings aren't gonna be good again for at least a decade.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

Athanatos posted:

I think unsourced quotes should stay how they are. Part of the "don't give a poo poo about other forums" life of enjoyment.

That poo poo spirals so fast.

I think if things are awful and lovely in one part of the forum, sometimes they are awful and lovely in another, ymmv

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Athanatos posted:

let's hope he gets on a good team

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

VideoKid posted:

I think sourcing quotes from other places on this forum leads to way more drama than comedy. I only read the democrats/ liberals thread sporadically but I think it’s fine the way it is.

i fully agree. i very much do not want people touching the poop, much less touching it and bringing their lovely finger back to brag about it. it sucks and is an overall toxicity increase in all corners. unsourced definitely helps mitigate that, and the thread has also been self-policing better in not encouraging that poo poo.

it is currently, in short, Fine.

Jazerus posted:

unsourced quotes have always been way more fun than sourced ones, why would you want to change that?

and yeah anytime you get mad at having to do unsourced just remember that sexpig got redtexted over them lol

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

kronix posted:

CSPAM is FYAD for losers who like politics and have no sense of humor. None of us (myself included) could have handled FYAD in its heyday.

Also, please let us make fun of DnD. Pretty please mods.

not true. I would have fired an rpg into fyad and killed htem all. handled

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Unoriginal Name posted:

I believe we should make the following sweeping changes to things that displease me, personally:

its incredible

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

The hotter, the wetter, the better
force smythe to mod cspam IMO

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Alright, I'm calling it here. I appreciate everyone who stopped by. Thanks for giving a poo poo about the forums, truly. Here are the things I'll be working on:

Athanatos posted:

Mine and Shine PMs are also open if you miss out. I also have like 3 days of unresponded to PMs, I promise to get to them all. Uhh..poo poo as I typed this I remembered I gave my email. I will go check that right now too.

I've reached out to some people for the Covid thread IK. Hoping to get that done when they get back to me.

Shine and I will figure out what we are doing about more mods and the best mods for the space using the suggestions in here.

Someone mentioned a thread for changing the forum subtitle, get at me when ya'll figure something out.

Nothing major. When the Mods get added, they can have a more focused conversation about megathreads and chat threads with you if you'd like. Just ask. If anyone needs anything, please feel free to drop me a message. I'm willing to look into whatever and give my honest opinion. I may be a dumbass, but I'll try my damnedest to help.

Remember to enjoy things, not just here on the forums, but in life too. Do poo poo you like to do. Read things you want to read. Don't forget to love each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
My takeaway from the thread is that brackets are good.