Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

The Owl House is an animated show created by Dana Terrace, currently airing on Disney Channel (and on Disney Now and probably on Disney XD repeats and on Disney+ but with a bizarre schedule where they seem to be releasing 5 episode chunks on a monthly basis. wtf, D+ guys?) Terrace was an animator on recent animation darlings Gravity Falls and DuckTales 2017 but said she didn't feel fulfilled artistically on those shows so she went and made her own. It follows the story of Luz Noceda, a ordinary girl from Connecticut who wants to be a magical girl!... sorry, I phrased that wrong, not that kind of magical girl, she reads a lot of fantasy novels and wants to be a witch! Luckily she happens through a magic doorway into another dimension...

to the Boiling Isles, a land formed on the body of a fallen titan (stated by Terrace to be roughly the size of Vermont) that's full of witches and demons and all sorts of other fantasy poo poo. It's very funny with gorgeous animation, an actually pretty interesting running plot and *sigh* yeah a bunch of characters you can ship with each other if that's your thing.

From this point on, everything will be chock full of spoilers for the first season (but not the episodes that have aired thus far in season 2)

Characters

Luz Noceda (voiced by Sarah-Nicole Robles) is, as previously mentioned, our protagonist from Connecticut. She's into fantasy books (her favorite series being an in-world one called the Good Witch Azura) but also all sorts of other nerd junk. She recently figured out how to perform magic even without being born a witch via drawing magical glyphs. So far she's got light spells, ice magic, plant magic (which is generally just making big vines do stuff) and fireballs. After destroying her only way home at the end of last season, Luz is gonna have to find a new way there... while also learning more about magic and having hijinx at school and home. Fun fact, Luz is named after Terrace's real life roommate

Eda Clawthorne, a.k.a Eda the Owl Lady (voiced by Wendie Malick) is the most powerful witch on the Boiling Isles.... or at least she used to be. She was cursed by her sister Lilith at a young age which turns her over time into a big owl monster. After reconciling with Lilith, they now share the curse, which didn't cure it, but it's no longer the imminent threat it was last season and she can stave it off with some elixir. Unfortunately the act of sharing the curse has caused her to lose a lot of her mojo and now she's having to learn glyph magic from Luz to mix with the natural magic she has left. Also the destruction of the portal to Earth has destroyed her business of selling junk from the human realm. Also also she has one silver eye now but all of the good gifs of her are from season 1.

King, a.k.a (or at least he'd like you to know him as) THE KING OF DEMONS (voiced by Alex Hirsch) is a little demon who lives with Eda, and probably the biggest source of physical comedy and funny gifs on the show. He acts like a pet, but much like a small dog, wants everyone to know he's actually hot poo poo and really cool. He's become very enamored with Luz. Another fun behind the scenes fact: Terrace has stated in interviews that her original pitch for TOH was much darker and that originally King was basically a grown-rear end man with a deer skull for a head. So yeah, imagine that the next time King does something stupid.

Hooty (also voiced by Alex Hirsch) is the Owl House? I don't know, he lives in the front door, can stretch out and do a lot of other weird poo poo, and is actually surprising useful in a fight? Hooty's not really a main character but considering he is literally in the title kinda sorta I felt it's worth putting him here. Also because he's the best

Supporting characters

Gus Porter and Willow Park (voiced by Issac Ryan Brown and Tati Gabrielle, respectively) are two of Luz's first friends at Hogwarts Hexside School of Witchcraft and Demonics. Gus is specializing in illusion magic and has a fascination with Earth stuff, while Willow is specializing in plant magic. I listed them together here because the gif was funny and because unfortunately outside of their introduction episodes, the two have been woefully underdeveloped as characters. Oh, Willow has two dads, so that's neat.

Amity Blight (voiced by Mae Whitman) is another Hexside classmate who specializes in abomination magic (basically purple goopy golems). She was Willow's friend when she was younger but her rich rear end in a top hat parents forced her to sever their friendship because her family wasn't high class enough. Amity started as a stereotypical mean girl but over time has shifted to being Luz's friend... or maybe more? Amity has been shown to be developing a little bit of a crush on Luz and Luz is canonically bi so start your shipping engines.

Lilith Clawthorne (voiced by Cissy Jones) is Eda's older sister. She's a bookworm who was very talented but never seemed to surpass her younger sister, giving her a bit of an inferiority complex. So when the opportunity came for only her or Eda to get to join the prestigious Emperor's Coven, they were set to have a duel to decide who got the spot. She secretly placed a curse on her sister (thinking it would only rid of her power for a day not turn her into an owl monster) only for Eda to throw the match anyway, giving her a real guilt trip. Working for the emperor believing that he would eventually cure Eda, she... kind of became a bitch? Anyway eventually realizing that the Emperor had no intention of curing Eda, she quit in a dramatic manner, saving Eda from being petrified, and split Eda's curse. So now Lilith is also powerless and trying to learn glyph magic from Luz to get her groove back, also she's couchsurfing at the Owl House as she's kind of an outlaw now.

and finally...

somehow can't seem to find a funny gif of this guy :v:

Emperor Belos
(voiced by Matthew Rhys) is the main antagonist of the Owl House. Not much is known about him other than that he came to power only a really brief time before the start of the series (50 years) and ended "the Savage Ages", installing the coven system that forces witches to basically pick one type of magic and stick to it. He hoards magical items in his castle, and keeps his personal coven to act as his enforcers and his guards. But you don't get to be emperor for nothing, he's immensely powerful, though his magic also seems tied to his weird rear end staff. Anyway now he doesn't really seem interested in Eda's escape, he seems to have a new project, reassembling the door to the human world that Luz destroyed at the end of season 1. Who is he, what's he planning, what's up with that Dr. Doom rear end mask? Hopefully we'll get some answers to some of these pressing questions this season.

There's a lot of other characters but like, this post is long enough already and I think I got most of the big ones out.

So why should I watch this show?

Because it's it's funny, it's dark, it may or may not fill the Steven Universe shaped hole in your heart if you were obsessed with that show but really it's just plain good. But more importantly you should watch because it's been renewed for a third season already... but a third and final season only consisting of 3 44-minute specials instead of the 10-20 episodes they planned on, but Terrace has said that she is completely open to continuing the series in limited series form or a comic or whatever, so if you do like it you should yell at Disney to support something that isn't a goddamn superhero movie or a live action remake of an old cartoon you uncreative hacks... sorry got a little carried away there.

Anyway, uh...

edit: Oh, and if you like other Disney animated shows, specifically Amphibia (which has its own thread here btw), you may be interested to know that the casts of TOH and that show did a joint panel at Comic-Con 2021 and did a crossover episode!... albeit audio only so you'll just have to close your eyes and pretend there's animation. It starts here.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Aug 16, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Senerio posted:

I've been really enjoying this season, hoot hoot

Now there's a ship I can get behind

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

The Walrus posted:

Solid Hero's Story journey with characters that are both heartwarming and hilarious. Strong doses of pathos when you least expect it. Great bad guys. Kick rear end fight scenes. Cute animals.

TOH definitely skews more toward comedy than story but I think you might find what you're looking for here. Give it a shot at least.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I know it wasn't the point of the episode (and that there were other things going on) but I'm kind of surprised that Eda never came to a big revelation that she can effectively weaponize her curse. Maybe she'll figure out a way to do that with other magic as well. Making a big anti-magic/pure destruction abomination would be neat.

Also surprised we got to see King's dad (at least I can only assume that was him) just walking around. Really figured that he would be discovered in a dungeon at Belos' place or something.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Yeah you can get wine in big boxes here in the human world. They've just streamlined it to make it individual sized in the magic world.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I have a feeling that the peoples' attitude towards Belos is kind of a "well he keeps the trains running on time" deal. No one seems particularly fond of him but considering the pre-him era is known as the Savage Ages and the few characters we know that are older than his reign (which is only 50 years mind you) like Principal Bump or Eda's mom don't seem to contradict this by going "eh it wasn't that bad" or anything, it seems that he at least brought order to a more chaotic place.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

DarklyDreaming posted:

He accomplished everything he set out to do, just nowhere near how he planned it :allears:

Precisely everything he set out to do. And not one bit more, like delivering King's dad's message.

Truly the best/worst. (I really expected the stinger scene to be that Lilith's letters were actually going to Belos/one of Belos' guys as a way to spy on Eda & co.)

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Henker posted:

Is this the first time Hooty has been acknowledged as a demon?

I think so? Lilith might have said something back in season 1 after her and the Emperor's Coven's failed attempt to arrest Eda but I cannot remember.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Everyone posted:

It'll probably have to wait until the back half of the season, but I'll bet that Amity's mom will be less than pleased at Amity's choice of love interest. Figure the twins will think it's great, though.

Oh yeah, I mean she didn't want Amity having a lower-class friend, she's gonna be super pissed about having her having a girlfriend that has literally zero social standing (and is a literal other species) in the kingdom.

xeria posted:

Yeah, was just thinking today that surely Odalia and Alador are going to make a reappearance in S2's second half, especially considering they're clearly in favor of Belos' coven system and supplying him abomatons.

They're not supplying the abomatons of their own free will though (and we don't know how much Belos is paying versus how much they would get from their other customers) so I can honestly see them maybe flipping on Belos when the big inevitable fight goes down. The free market is stronger than any allegiance to some coven system :capitalism:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Nodosaur posted:

I think the point of all that was that King actually ISN'T a demon.

I'm personally betting King and his dad are of the same race as the Titan.

My personal bet is that King's constant assertion that he's the King of Demons is because his dad actually was the (or at least a) King of Demons and only hasn't been around because I'm assuming Belos forced him into exile with his creepy rear end titan powers.

(for a while last season and up to his focus episode, my bet was that King himself actually was the King of Demons but some mysterious thing (that would probably be Belos related) forced him down into cuddly form, and that he would get his true form back when he got his other horn, but clearly I was wrong there)

Everyone posted:

Figure that and if/when Belos comes after Amity they'll stand with her. I do admit to kind of siding with Belos on the Abomaton issue. I mean here in the USA would we really want wealthy assholes being able to drive around in fully armed M1-Abrams tanks or fly F-22A Raptors complete with missiles?

It seems like based on their sales pitch, the abomatons are designed solely to be big purple home security systems rather than real weapons. That said, kinda like a guard dog, it doesn't matter what they're designed/trained for, a giant purple goo monster is a giant purple goo monster and I'm sure they could (and definitely will) be weaponized by any rich rear end in a top hat with ill intent.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Aug 2, 2021

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Somehow I knew I'd really like this episode from the minute King said he was tracking down "lofi beats to study and relax to".

Fuckin' Eda trying to yell out her new power like a kid in the 90s trying to go Super Saiyan was great. drat girl I can relate to being surprised to seeing that that show is 30 years old. Also I expected Eda's deal with the Owl Beast to get her harpy form to be some big dramatic reveal later but found it hilarious that the deal was just her having to eat a bunch of voles for it.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Everyone posted:

Do we still give a poo poo about the show at that point or do we pretty much dismiss it as a Disney Harry Potter rip-off?

I mean I would? I liked the comedy in it from episode 1, the gay is just a nice add-on.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Madurai posted:

Amity got a promotion from Mittens to Boots!

Ha, I was trying to figure out where that name came from. I figured calling Gus "Goops" was a joke about just Eda not learning his name but I didn't know how she could get Amity's name so wrong.

Everyone posted:

I'll say that the gay/bi elements did put the show on my "I should check that out" radar and that was thanks to this site.

Fair enough.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Lillith strikes me as one who might actually figure out her own... crow transformation by herself. It's established she and Eda have very different learning styles, and while Eda has a lot of raw talent and creativity, she tends to struggle when working within limitations due to her stubbornness and need to do things her way, while Lillith is meticulous and systematic, looking for a way to order things. Funny thing is, I think it's King who's given key suggestions to Eda about how to use her abilities- first that they might only have found four glyphs because that's as many as there are, and then (I think) that the inner owl needs to be negotiated with, not commanded.

Eda's real revelation seemed to be when she accepted that the owl beast wasn't the cause of all her life's problems and that actually a lot of them stem from her refusing help dealing with the curse, and then a talk with the beast. But Lilith hasn't really had any problems from the curse except from her magic loss and her one transformation. I guess Lilith's big inner revelation could come from overcoming her guilt about being the one to curse Eda in the first place?

Or maybe she just eats a bunch of voles and the owl beast is so pleased she transforms on the spot.

Yvonmukluk posted:

Maybe Belos is a Grimwalker of Phillip he made as a companion that got left behind and went rogue, if not Phillip himself. He's not trying to get 'home' anymore, he's doing this Day of Unity now.

I don't think you need to spoiler speculation. But anyway I kind of like this theory. I mean we don't know the specifics of what grimwalkers are but if they're magical constructs that maybe can't use magic, it would explain why he seemingly can't use magic without his staff, and why he's chowing down on palismen. He's made of magic but he's running out, so he wants to merge with Earth, where he claims there's lots of "wild magic" where I guess he'd be able to keep himself going much longer.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Aug 11, 2021

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
e: poo poo, double post

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Plus the show itself, the style (to me at least) looks reminiscent of Eda's wanted poster

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34ZCILmQp-U

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Madurai posted:

It was the best of all possible outcomes for V in that her first experience on Earth was going to "how to be a normal human" class.

Also convenient that Camila drove her there so she could pick up on all her mannerisms/learn through context what Luz is "supposed" to act like so that when she came back it wouldn't seem suspicious. Also probably picked up enough Spanish to keep up whenever Camila starts mixing in stuff here and there.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Argue posted:

It totally is; some of the first character art they produced was her wearing the exact outfit Stan describes. She's never worn it on the show but she does own a cup with that same logo on it, so presumably it's part of a set.

irl Hirsch and Terrace are dating so he probably got to see that sketch before anyone and so likely worked it into his commentaries as a joke deliberately to provoke conversations like these!

quote:

Give me a three-way GF/Amphibia/Owl House crossover Disney, please and thank you.

Well we have 2 out of 3, which reminds me I need to add this to the OP

And if anyone else hasn't seen/heard of it, the cast of TOH and Amphibia (which has its own thread here btw) did a joint panel at Comic-Con and did a crossover episode, albeit audio only so you'll just have to close your eyes and pretend there's animation. It starts here.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Cattail Prophet posted:

At least the bomb format seems like it's mostly dead now. (outside of streaming originals dropping whole seasons at once, which I don't really consider the same thing)

Thank Christ. Do the whole season week-by-week rollout or drop it all, but yeah the bomb format was the fuckin' worst.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Macrame_God posted:

For anyone wondering, Dana recently did a thing on Reddit and was asked why The Owl House got the axe after a miniscule third season. Link to the article below for anyone who wants the whole story but the short of it is that there are people who work at Disney whose job it is to decide what is "on brand" and what isn't. They decided that The Owl House was too off brand (older audience, serialized story, etc.) so they cancelled it. Kind of explains why they ended it in favor of shows like Molly McGee which reeks of Disney executives going "Please just make us another Phineas and Ferb."

https://screenrant.com/owl-house-show-cancellation-disney-why-explained/

Disappointing but I guess I get it. Networks are really focusing these days on short comedy-centric* shows for kids' programming, likely because nowadays the number one way kids (especially younger kids) consume media is via streaming shows sometimes on a tablet and serialization doesn't fly well with that.

*at first this post was gonna be like "what about Amphibia then?" but then after thinking about it that show is still very much joke first, plot second. TOH, while still very funny, seems like it's pivoting to way more story-heavy. Like, they took King from being almost all comic relief to now having a sad backstory.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Oct 8, 2021

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Technowolf posted:

SEEK THE KEY, FEAR THE

I feel like "door" must be the end there, right?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Electric Phantasm posted:

Ohhhh, I thought people were deciphering some code just from the 5 titles in the tweet.

well, I mean, they kind of are, it's just super easy.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I like Willow & Gus's reaction to Belos' face being a gasp before everyone realizes he's kind of a normal guy. Kind of a mirror to what the reaction I'm sure a lot of the audience had when he wasn't instantly recognizable.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

jassa posted:

It felt way too deliberate to just be awkward dialogue. IIRC Luz and Eda even lampshaded it during the final scene.

It was Amity but you're right they did deliberately point out how strange the word choice was

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Larryb posted:

On that note, do we have any idea how long Dana and her crew actually intended for the show to last before Disney pulled the plug?

But regardless I hope they can manage to give it a decent sendoff at least

Most likely 3 seasons since Disney has had a 3 season rule/limit for a while now. It gets broken now and then but by and large it's still very much a thing and it would've been very bold for her to plan beyond that before actually getting word that they were renewed for 4.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
When they made the Dora the Explorer joke I half expected to see that Flora was actually played by a former Dora VA. Turns out it was only her mom.

Also I am very disappointed with the end of the episode. It was like, the most predictable plot twist and I think literally everyone called it.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

KennyMan666 posted:

Yeah, I deliberately waited with starting Amphibia until it was confirmed the last part was coming.

And while I don't want to go looking up stuff about Amphibia because I don't want spoilers, I can't find any immediate staff overlap, but both Dana Terrace and Matt Braly worked on... yep, Gravity Falls.

GF is kinda like Adventure Time where you can trace a whole bunch of talent on other shows back to it

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Fun Easter egg I only noticed this episode:

In Hunter's room, in addition to the Sprig from Amphibia doll, he also has a statue of Remy from Big City Greens. Hunter and Remy share the same VA, Zeno Robinson.

(this image is from an older episode but I didn't notice then, okay?)

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
It's weird that Luz didn't have more pics of her dad. I mean, he's clearly not that important a character since, you know, he's dead and all. But still, it's weird that her only pic had half his face.

Larryb posted:

Ah ok, I hadn’t watched the latest episode yet and found out from looking it up just now. Nevermind then

Speaking of, how many episodes do we have left in Season 2 at this point? Considering the last season is only 3 double length episodes long I’m guessing some major poo poo is about to go down by the end of this one

7 left

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Larryb posted:

Now that the rest of her family’s seen the light in a sense I wonder if Amity’s mom has some hidden good side buried deep down as well or if she’s just a willing stooge for Belos through and through

Honestly I think we've already seen her good side. She's just... misguided. Like, she clearly wants the best for her kids, the only problem is that she has her own idea of what the best is, like those parents in the real world who want their kid to be a doctor/lawyer/other high-status high-paying career. Once she gets it through her head (which might take some work) that the kids want to pursue different paths I'm sure she'll support their choices... in her own terrifying way.

And I'm positive she'll join the rebellion, if not for the rest of the family than for the comedic reason that Belos hosed with her business. She clearly did not like his goons coming in and shutting down her whole operation in the 2nd episode of the season, even if Belos is paying for Abomatons. The free market demands Belos' death.

I Am Fowl posted:

That episode where Hooty helps everyone was but a glimpse of the terror to come.

Everyone in the Boiling Isles will live in fear... of fear or any other negative feelings, because if Hooty senses bad vibes he will gently caress up your world trying to help.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Darth Walrus posted:

Could just be another mutation from huffing all those palismans. Given everything else that little habit is doing to him, pointy ears seem like small beans. That, or it's simply an illusion, of course.

Yeah I was gonna guess if it's not just a natural reaction from being exposed to the magic just inherent in the world, like background radiation, then its gotta be downing palismans like it’s coke in the 80s. I honestly hadn't even considered illusions even though illusion magic is literally the specialty of one of Luz's friends.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Funky Valentine posted:

It's strongly implied to be curse-related because she was going gray when she broke up with Raine and that seems to be at least 10 years ago.

Yeah plus Lilith immediately got a gray streak after sharing the curse with Eda

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Everyone posted:

Figure a couple of possibilities. Most likely is that since the glyph control magic there's just not much magic on Earth to control to do stuff. Second is maybe Earth magic requires different glyphs.

Yeah, it's pretty clearly stated that the glyphs work by suctioning up "wild magic" that just exists on the isles (whether you want to explain it as radiation or midichlorians or nanomachines, son is your choice) but doesn't on Earth. Witches can do magic on Earth because of their internal magic organ that either self-produces magic or at least works like a battery while they're on Earth.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I know that a lot of people are very invested in Raine & Eda so good for them but I don't care all that much about their ship so this episode was a dud for me. If we're gonna get flashbacks I'd rather see more of Lilith and Eda.

I guess between the tiny abomination and him being cool with Hunter letting his team go, we're more or less confirmed that the abomination coven guy whose name I forget is a member of the resistance?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Larryb posted:

Speaking of, I’m still curious if Luz is going to get one of her own eventually or just stick to glyphs and/or inherit Owlbert

Well, Eda got her that palisman wood, so her getting a palisman is basically inevitable once she decides what to carve it into and then I guess it just comes to life I guess. But I guess it's a Chekov's... wood chunk for now.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Um, it's pretty obvious guys

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Sockser posted:

The new episodes finally hit D+, but you wouldn't know it

Animated shows are at the bottom of the Disney page
and Owl House lives on page 4 of that list

I don't want to read too much maliciousness into it but it's pretty hard not to

Well of course they're down there, who thinks of animation when you think of Disney? :v:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

BioEnchanted posted:

Another question is this: What exactly is the collector... collecting?

Since the Day of Unity seems to be about draining magic, I'd say either collecting magic itself or maybe life force?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

jassa posted:

Also, I'm worried about King being linked to The Collector now. It's unclear what that means exactly, though I figure that's how Belos is going to find out about him.

I've long theorized that the titan('s corpse) gives off a sort of energy that caused all the witches and denizens of the Boiling Isles to develop their weird magic sac organs that grant them natural power*. The collector wanting to collect all that power from both the witches and the corpse itself is probably the endgame, and then using that power to power the gate is probably a way to make their door work even without titan blood (and of course theoretically getting another titan like King would grant them even more power and a direct source of blood, which is why the Collector wants it). Now what the point of getting to Earth is I don't know.

*That would also explain how Eda was so powerful, she's getting a double dose by hanging out with King.

Larryb posted:

Yeah, I’m gonna guess that Belos himself is just a pawn and the real final boss will be the Collector itself (though unless it has a physical body I’m curious how our heroes are gonna fight against what seems to be a literal shadow that can shapeshift)

Well the very first glyph spell Luz learned was generating light so... you know, yeah, just gotta figure out how to weaponize that (if indeed light is all you need to fight the Collector like an actual shadow)