Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

:ohdear:

Got hit so hard, both bodies disintegrated on impact leaving only the motorcycle behind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Oh, there are the bodies. Pheeeewww!

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

My older sister loved Bakshi films and would regularly watch Hey Good Lookin’ and American Pop. Even as a small child, I could tell HGL was hideous looking, but maybe that was Bakshi’s intention?

At least American Pop was better looking and entertained 5 year old You Are A Elf.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Mr.Chill posted:

HGL has this tagline of trying to capture the 50's "as it really was". I kinda get it - imagine actually growing up poor in the 50's in the inner cities with other young people of varying backgrounds as Bakshi did, then seeing this cutesy bullshit like Grease and West Side Story coming out and being absurdly popular. It probably pissed him off like a personal attack. Making HGL ugly and bleak feels like lashing out imho.

Yeah, there was also poo poo like Leave It to Beaver, Happy Days, ‘50s diners, and American Graffiti that glossed over just how lovely the 1950s really were, but Boomers (who were actually children then and can probably only remember Howdy Doody and Davy Crockett) pine for those days like they were there (they weren’t), whereas Silents (Bakshi) are old enough to actually recall just how hosed up that decade was. It reflects in HGL.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

If you were to do a “person on the street” style news program where you go around asking random people “who do you think this is?”, I guarantee not a single soul would say it’s Brad Pitt.

I’d sooner say it’s a human version of the pink Plutonian nyborg sniffing alien from Heavy Metal.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Getting some real “All the Cats Join In” vibe from Baby Head Brad, but on a budget of 37 cents and animated by people who’ve never seen “All the Cats Join In” or Brad Pitt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMVHlrWtmDw

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

:kiss:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Pictured: me ATM: