Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Man is in the bedroom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Probe him until he posts

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

You really aren't going to do better for a comic book cashier jack

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

coronatae posted:

The first and only time I've ever watched Cool World in its entirety, that piss sequence seemed to go on and on and on forever and I hated it

maybe you should have turned your monitor on

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

mind the walrus posted:

So is there like, any good modern version of the Pygmalion story? It seems like sexually frustrated artists maybe aren't the best ones to be telling the story about falling in love with their own creations.

Pigmalion from king of the hill

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Cool world, cool thread

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Milo and POTUS posted:

Man is in the bedroom

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Mr.Tophat posted:

What's this guy gunna be like, "I'm sorry, I was only attracted to you when you were a doodle?"

Was he though?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Mr. Lobe posted:

ool

notice that there's no c in it.

lets keep it that way

lmao

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Dominos really dropped the ball on this one

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

lil bip posted:

Don't be horny for drawings

Or do if you want your cartoon waifu to turn real, the message is very muddled

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Keromaru5 posted:

My favorite Bakshi fact will always be that Thomas Kincade worked on Fire and Ice, and Bakshi wrote a glowing obituary of him.

Someone photoshop the hideous doodles onto some of his crappy cottages

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

mai... waifu

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Das Boo posted:

Ceci n'est pas une jug.

The Treachery of Doodles

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Jesus christ brad just gently caress the cartoon already what's the worst that could happen

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Parsley posted:

But he didn't even penetrate. His trousers were still on. I can't take this.

Aziz Anzari gonna be in the remake

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Meme Poker Party posted:

We have surpassed the limitations of the real.

Welcome to the horny of the real

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Bismuth posted:

Lonette said "doodles gotta eat" so im assuming the food must come from somewhere, there was also a disney style rabbit, which I assume probably lives in some idyllic woodland or farm setting, so im assuming this is just Cool World new york and at some distance maybe other comic/cartoon regions exist

Garbage years NYC. Think Taxi Driver, Midnight cowboy, etc. Makes sense to me!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Oh boy he's watching the same movie as us. Meta

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Das Boo posted:

Okay, I forgot about the school girl romper and the literal Lolita glasses. It really was designed for 15 year-old Drew Barrymore.

I'd say cancel Ralph Bakshi but let's be honest, would anyone notice

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Wow they take after their creators

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Now they're in the uncool world

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Colonel Cancer posted:

What's with the sexy streetlamp?

Scared to ask what you're talking about

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

lol why does that register as sexy

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Someone let warner bros know ralph bakshi is doing unspeakable things to daffy duck

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

WHAT'S IN THE BOX

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Das Boo posted:

I wanna know about this woman wearing a goddamn chandelier.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

goatface posted:

Did he get any direction in this film at all or was he just showing up and reading his lines three minutes before they started and out of context?

The direction was "imagine you're starring in cool world"

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Laterite posted:

Imagine being a movie executive and thinking it's a good idea to start your movie with being about Brad Pitt, and end it with being about Gabriel Byrne.

Brad Pitt is literally the opposite of a sex symbol in this movie

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

What does Jack see in her

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

It'd be a steal at twice the price!

PeterCat posted:

This is money laundering right?

Not a crime in the cool world, just a reminder

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

MrQwerty posted:

I'm very thankful that Sealab and Aqua Teen successfully filled the adult animation niche the way they did before HBO could successfully "prestige" animation the way they did TV shows.

Spawn was good but man, if they got another shot at that poo poo and it was successful, everything getting money would be Venture Bros. and those guys can't be assed to make a 8 episode season of a show every 10 years.

It's two guys pretty much writing it when time allows who gives a poo poo lol

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Yeah but they had clones

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Mr.Chill posted:

Bakshi could learn a thing or two about designing interesting, fun women who are attractive in many varieties from VB rather than the weird boring auntie thing that is Holli.

The world is not ready for holly cocktease

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

So just going to throw the guy out whose date is having a psychotic episode demanding to bang people. Seems sinister.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Just so I'm sure I understand the world building: humans can travel to the cool world if they are pulled in with a giant crystal machine or just if a cartoon really wants to bone them, and they can go back to the real world whenever they want through unspecified means. cartoons can only travel to the real world if they use a giant crystal machine or if they bone a human, but if cartoons bone humans then the human has some sort of cartoon leprosy.

Is that accurate?

What giant crystal machine

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

this thread has been going on for 2 month lol

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

You Are A Elf posted:

Yeah, there was also poo poo like Leave It to Beaver, Happy Days, ‘50s diners, and American Graffiti that glossed over just how lovely the 1950s really were, but Boomers (who were actually children then and can probably only remember Howdy Doody and Davy Crockett) pine for those days like they were there (they weren’t), whereas Silents (Bakshi) are old enough to actually recall just how hosed up that decade was. It reflects in HGL.

Boomers like the 50s because they measure prosperity in water fountains

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

The big leagues of stripping

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

The plot was going to be amazing but brad pitt couldnt read his lines and well *gestures with hand*