Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
so yeah, I guess I'm not in any big rush to execute anyone anyhow. worst case scenario, we don't execute anyone and Plastic and I can cover each other during the night and we'll at least have one less :tinfoil: possibility to consider

sorry for accusing you of using real life to dodge conversation Infi, please take whatever time you need

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

I'd like to hear what Sandwolf thinks too since I think it'll be awhile before Bif comes back...it's sleepy time over in Aussieland.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Maerlyn posted:

I'd like to hear what Sandwolf thinks too since I think it'll be awhile before Bif comes back...it's sleepy time over in Aussieland.

Bif pays attention to no time zones conventions!

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

I feel like after having just seen town Bif twice it doesn't match her energy in this game, but if I'm wrong I do have this scum result on Sandwolf :twisted: What's your specific role on the ship?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Maerlyn I gotta be honest you continuing to suggest it might be me is pinging me like crazy. Only one player in the game seems resistant to the fact that I’m mod-confirmed town and it’s you. You keep wanting to subconsciously poke holes in it. I think this betrays a scum thinking.

Other than you, yeah I think it might be Bif, I don’t know. That’s rooted a lot in paranoia and other little things. No night action that lines up with anything.

I’m not going to vote poopacy, I think he’s closest to town for me, he had no reason to soft clear PA/Maerlyn (accurately) if he’s scum.

Infi I could definitely see as scum, the D1 claim or Party Host was pretty good and honestly I could still even see it as truthful, but he could also be a godfather. Wait Maerlyn did you ever tap Infi with the cop?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Maerlyn posted:

I feel like after having just seen town Bif twice it doesn't match her energy in this game, but if I'm wrong I do have this scum result on Sandwolf :twisted: What's your specific role on the ship?

Are you still trying to accuse me of being scum?

Go fuckin’ ask Somber if that message could have been faked, Taste did the same thing and as much as he didn’t like that I was mod-confirmed town at least he dropped it.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Maerlyn gimme a full list of your night actions

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Sandwolf posted:

Maerlyn gimme a full list of your night actions

If it takes too long I’m going to vote you

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
I could get a :tinfoil: 3P theory on Sandwolf but I don't think it's a cult (no one has flipped cultist and 4 nights worth of recruitment should be enough to endgame us) and there just have not been enough NKs to make a 2nd 3P killer role credible. If Sandwolf is 3P, then 1. gently caress you somber and 2. he's a survivor-type rather than a NK-type, so not a priority for today.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Somber is not a bastard mod. If he were to have been a bastard mod, he would have disclaimed it heavily in the OP. We’ve had one death a night.

Devoting any more attention to this is a waste of loving time, Jesus Chris.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Sandwolf posted:

Maerlyn I gotta be honest you continuing to suggest it might be me is pinging me like crazy. Only one player in the game seems resistant to the fact that I’m mod-confirmed town and it’s you. You keep wanting to subconsciously poke holes in it. I think this betrays a scum thinking.

Other than you, yeah I think it might be Bif, I don’t know. That’s rooted a lot in paranoia and other little things. No night action that lines up with anything.

I’m not going to vote poopacy, I think he’s closest to town for me, he had no reason to soft clear PA/Maerlyn (accurately) if he’s scum.

Infi I could definitely see as scum, the D1 claim or Party Host was pretty good and honestly I could still even see it as truthful, but he could also be a godfather. Wait Maerlyn did you ever tap Infi with the cop?

I'm just poking at you a bit for fun, I also just asked you a small question about your role flavor and you're biting my head off, but I remember the slapfights you got into with taste in steaks game so that fits (I don't think I've seen you as scum yet afaik)

I did cop Infi N1 and got "NOT MAFIA".

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I haven’t been scum in a grip but yeah I’m a miller and the “confirmed on D3 thing” is referred to as me being “an innocent.”

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Maerlyn, night actions.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

I made a slight joke because you're the only person I've successfully gotten a MAFIA read on and you're a miller. I don't doubt somber... In other words chill the gently caress out.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Sandwolf posted:

Maerlyn, night actions.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This is what I get for having fun and trying to avoid my actual work...(hold on I'll post it)

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Maerlyn posted:

N1 - I chose Bif, Merk, Infinitium and Poopacy and received a NOT MAFIA result (I selected 3 people I thought were town and poopacy as the possible scum. As an aside I completely forgot about Inf's possible visitor flip and thought it would be my luck if he died N1 and I was the only visitor due to a ninja kill or something).

N2 - Chose Taste, Gulag and Plastic and received a NOT MAFIA result. In theory I already knew Gulag is NOT MAFIA, I really expected a different result due to taste or plastic so I'm kinda at a loss.

N3 - Sandwolf, merk taste and got MAFIA.
N4 - restored the mason doc

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

How come 4 people on N1 and 3 people every other night..?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Sandwolf posted:

I do find this idea intriguing. Like Bif said town has a lot of juice here. Scum godfather might not be enough to be balanced for scum, scum party host by itself would be too much of a liability, double godfathers on a 4-scum team would probably be too much, but godfather party host? Yeah, ok.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Maerlyn posted:

I made a slight joke because you're the only person I've successfully gotten a MAFIA read on and you're a miller. I don't doubt somber... In other words chill the gently caress out.

:thunk:

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Sandwolf posted:

How come 4 people on N1 and 3 people every other night..?

I thought if I cast too wide a net it would be inaccurate... Telling town "1 of these 5 people are scum" seems not very helpful especially with everything else going on. I also didn't get results I wanted/expected.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

So you could decide how many people you wanted to investigate 3-5?

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Yes, minimum of 3. I thought 5 would be too much.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I dunno what to do here poopacy.

I guess I might go reread the scum lunch days

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

I forgot how angry Sandwolf got in steaks game when questioned, lol :shrug:

Poop and Plastic can both confirm I had nothing to do with taste's death since they took their night actions and I used mine to restore the mason doc. Also N1 poop watched me visit Bif before I told the thread about my role.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

I will reread Inf over lunch and see if anything stands out.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

getting caught up on WIFOM but I am not sure a scum!Bif would kill a town!taste that would have been an easy-ish lunch today

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

goddamnit now I think I'm between Infi and Bif

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Somberbrero posted:

Toalpaz, Zem "Mustard" Long, ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫JOAT disappeared night one!

Somberbrero posted:

Snooze Cruise, Alan "Tumeric" Votoupal, Mafia Murderer died night two!

Somberbrero posted:

merk(lakehouse form), Alex "Cardamom" Rakotobe, Town JOAT was executed day four!

Somberbrero posted:

t a s t e, Curtis "Cilantro" Oberman, Town JOAT died night five!

here's another thing, we've had 4 JOATs, 1 of which was scum, and Bif is also claiming to be a weaker version of a JOAT that she only claimed on D3.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Maerlyn posted:

I forgot how angry Sandwolf got in steaks game when questioned, lol :shrug:

Poop and Plastic can both confirm I had nothing to do with taste's death since they took their night actions and I used mine to restore the mason doc. Also N1 poop watched me visit Bif before I told the thread about my role.

right, it's just that Bif does have me paranoid about 4th scum scenarios

Bif + Infi cannot both be scum unless there's 2 godfathers, which I'm skeptical of

but if you're 1 of 2 scum then we don't need any godfathers, and you would have had a night action to spare last night

I don't think scum would have deliberately implicated Circl just to trigger the bomb, but it does become way more plausible with 4 scum than with 3

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

the problem with 4 scum is it's 4 scum and a killing 3P in a 15 player game

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

the holy poopacy posted:

I don't think scum would have deliberately implicated Circl just to trigger the bomb, but it does become way more plausible with 4 scum than with 3

It was only a matter of time until Circl was executed and bussing your scum partner plus knowing they'll kill town when they do is a smart move. I think Inf fought it a bit but Bif hopped on after Gulag if I'm remembering right. Inf was really focused on merk that day.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Maerlyn posted:

It was only a matter of time until Circl was executed and bussing your scum partner plus knowing they'll kill town when they do is a smart move. I think Inf fought it a bit but Bif hopped on after Gulag if I'm remembering right. Inf was really focused on merk that day.

yeah no I meant you. your initial claim just happened to clear everyone except Sandwolf (modconfirmed), Sub Rosa (town PR), and CirclMastr (bomb aimed at SR) at a time when there was a lot of heat on CirclMastr and SR. if scum wanted to guarantee that SR got taken out while simultaneously boosting their credit, your claim would have been perfect for that purpose.

otoh if there really were 4 scum then that would be strong enough to not need a lot of scum powers... but you definitely have some kind of visiting power, I don't know that scum would need 4 members and whatever way to gently caress with people you'd have in that scenario.

so, definitely less likely than solo Bif or solo Infi imo

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Morning all!

After sleeping on it Inf seems most likely, and if it's super master hivemind Maerlyn after all that would be a pretty sweet way to go.

I wouldn't mind that wait for extra actions after all though. Poop, the MYLO = LYLO thing is just why I was freaking out over the possibility of two scum. Whenever I do the "oh poo poo is this LYLO" math, I never bother to stop and split hairs between MYLO and LYLO in my brain.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

lmao no Bif, even pushing that is scummy

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sandwolf posted:

lmao no Bif, even pushing that is scummy

???

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I thought you were advocating for the extra night of actions there, my bad

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Oh one other thing I thought of is, if it is Inf, I forgot to include "big power role masonry that didn't even have any proper scum in it" in my list earlier

But Maerlyn is too nuts, and while I haven't done the full spreadsheet for which actions were used exactly when, Plastic and Poopacy seem to have multiple angles of confirming each other so ugh

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Sandwolf posted:

I thought you were advocating for the extra night of actions there, my bad

do you think the idea of 4 scum setup is completely fruitless to even contemplate then? because otherwise we're in MYLO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

the holy poopacy posted:

do you think the idea of 4 scum setup is completely fruitless to even contemplate then? because otherwise we're in MYLO

If there’s 4 scum it’s gotta be Maerlyn, right? I’m okay with doing that, even if only to confirm all of their results, and know we’re then looking for a godfather.

Eh that’d still probably make me whanna lunch Bif.

I think I just want to lunch Bif.