Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheDoomkitten
Jun 11, 2022

Angela did nothing wrong.
project moon asks the daring question of "wouldn't it rule if instead of a boring guy in a suit coming to kill you for breaking the law it was a sadistic goth girl" and they were right, it DOES rule

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
People who've encountered Garion in the past may not agree with that statement.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
Was Garion a goth? I will admit, though, she was a girlboss. Kali was an even bigger badass, though, and she remains my favorite.

Also, rereading the thread we know another thing about the Head: they don't like guns for whatever reason, possibly the emotional distance it puts between the killer and the victim. That could mean any number of things, though.

KobunFan fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Aug 23, 2022

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

KobunFan posted:

Was Garion a goth? I will admit, though, she was a girlboss.

Would a non-goth say something like “the guardian of the gates of Hell must be in such despair that they cannot even fall into Hell”?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I'd argue that the Index is way more cult-y than LobCorp ever was.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022

AweStriker posted:

Would a non-goth say something like “the guardian of the gates of Hell must be in such despair that they cannot even fall into Hell”?

Edgelords might.

Since the Index hasn't been explored too much, I guess it'll show up later in the game?

TheDoomkitten
Jun 11, 2022

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

People who've encountered Garion in the past may not agree with that statement.

listen if i had to choose a way to die horrifically getting killed to death by garion would probably be like, #1 on my ways to go out if it had to be gruesome

i'm a lesbian, what do you want from me

TheDoomkitten fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Aug 23, 2022

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Xun posted:

I suggest you look up the definition of a cult :v: They are literally a cult

Yeah a definition means one thing but a dictionary entry doesn't tell the whole story.

e.g. in countries cursed by an infestation of English speaking Jesus-cults, with their fondness for contrived moral outrage over nothing, the word 'cult' automatically invokes associations with witchcraft/paganism/occultism/etc. Since those things are anathema to some nontrivial fraction of the populace, by osmosis a significantly wider cross-section of people will be biased to react to the word as if you've denounced something as unspeakably evil.

Though one might advise caution when deliberately misusing loaded words for comedy :v:

ShoutokuTaisho
Oct 13, 2021

KobunFan posted:

They'll murder you if you break arbitrary rules (like recording video or audio in District 14). They'll commit genocide to keep the current social order (all machines must be subordinate). They'll do whatever they need to to keep things exactly the way they are.

I feel the need to point out that district-wide taboos and city-wide taboos are different things. The no recording is district-wide, and is enforced by the wing in charge of the district. This rule will not survive after the relevant wing falls, while a city-wide taboo would be to not damage residential buildings during the night in the backstreets and will always be in effect while the head rules. Also, while the head does keep the status quo, they do not keep things exactly the same. Wings are allowed to fall and rise, the city can dramatically change in culture, but the head must remain at all times.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Thesis 3: Hod—Discussion

No noteable change in these three decks.

Switch is now running another Smoke deck. Using the Smiling Faces pages as a base is a waste, since we could have put all of these abilities on an Emma page and had points left over for the Puppets' +1 Blunt damage… but I like the animations, so we use Wang.

Paul has been assigned a Singleton Smoke build, and unlike Elle's version his is more in line with what's considered optimal. Lots of 3 cost draw, Inhale Smoke, light restoration, and nothing else.

Music: Angela01

Is everyone ready?

Yeah. The test went well enough that we've changed to a full smoke ensemble.

It's a bit more technical than the other floors use, but that suits us just fine.

That's just because our teamwork is a level apart.

There is no hope, no joy. I can see the wings. They look at me from above. I reach for them from below. The wings erupt from my back. I am the sky. The sun burns it away, burns away my pain and fear. I am changing, I am pure.

Um… Paul?

…Yes, Miss Hod?!

You're reacting very strongly for an Abnormality that you'd never met. Is there something I don't know?

At the end. Before the end. Becomes the end. I hear the call of the one who protects. I feel the pain of a life left bare. Gotta hold it together. Just another five minutes. Filming's almost done… Nea… Nea, stay away. I don't wanna get the bonks again..!

I've dreamt for so long. Just a little more, and I'll achieve my dream. I can't stop. Can't… stop.

I don't think she's going to wait for us, Miss Hod.

…Paul's become mentally unstable. We'll have to cover for him.

I thought he was a legend!

He was mostly legendary for dying all the time…

Would've been nice to know that beforehand.

All of you, get out of my way!

Black Swan posted:

I thought things would work themselves out if I worked harder…

My clothing made of nettles… that still isn’t complete…

A bit more… Just a little more. I’m almost there. Try just a little harder… Endure just a little more…

I opened my mouth. Disgusting things swelled up inside and spilt right out.

What happens when a dreaming being is faced with reality?

Once, I tried to dream a happy dream with everyone.

I see you all from a distance. The beings I couldn’t help but love.

I don’t want to wake up… I’m afraid of facing that reality.

If I could see the future I dreamed of for just a moment…

Words such as “someday” will only bring uneasiness and nothing else.

Black Swan is the new phase of this fight, and it's coming at us right off. We don't get time to set up or farm Emotion levels here, we're just tossed right into the fire. Black Swan's abilities primarily stem from her brothers, one of whom will be summoned at the end of every turn. If we let her get too many, she'll spam Mass Attacks. If we defeat too many, she'll fire a Mass Attack anyways. As for her brothers…

All Brothers have the same stats, but each one provides a different buff to Black Swan as long as they're alive. First Brother, for instance, gives her +1 Speed Die.

Second Brother, meanwhile, gives a permanent +3 to each of her Speed Die results.

Each Brother will use the same two pages every turn. The first, Specious Attack, will grant +1 Strength to Black Swan next turn if it hits us. If we ignore the brothers completely, this can lead to Angela getting a massive amount of free Strength.

Green Waste is their other page, a two-shot Ranged page that can inflict one Feeble. It's not as dangerous as Specious Attack, but it can do more damage.

Black Swan, meanwhile, is using two attacks this turn. The first one is Vomit, which is a trio of decent dice that can also inflict up to 2 Feeble. We need to be using a 3-cost page to have a realistic chance of blocking all of it.

She also uses Writhe. It's a basic 2-die affair, without any special effects.

It floods… the memories I don't want, a hundred deaths to a hundred beasts…

Hey, new guy… Uh… Paul? Your weapon?

Even if I survive, I will suffer from this moment for the rest of my life. It's time for my Enkephalin. It's time for my head to burst. Good day! Good night. Goodbye, to you. To me. To knowledge. Such knowledge. Scraped from my insides, nails scratching against bone.

Behold. A dreaming being, faced with reality, crashes as waves against a cliff. Futile. All of it is futile.

What a pain in the rear end… I'm no good at this stuff. Hey, Hod? He's cracked.

We need to rip those E.G.O shells off of her through blunt force trauma… in the meanwhile, we'll also have to do something about Paul.

We'll buy you as much time as we can.

No, I'll have to do my part too. We'll counsel and fight in tandem.

Roger that! Paul! Over here!

wha..?

Those terrible beasts could tear us apart back in the day…

But now, they barely hurt at all! See? Not even a scratch!

'Course that's how it works for you… You're a captain. The coolest of the cool.

We're all cool here, Paul. See? Even I can participate in combat now.

Which simply means I can harm you, now. Those who should care for you but neglect you. Those who are chosen to change this place. They are the only ones who can effect change. To truly fulfill hope, one must work harder than any other.

Ghhf…

And IIIII'm not a chosen. I'm books! Put me on a shelf, read me, split my spine open, aaall the same.

Please stop identifying with the director. She's not in her right mind right now.

We are kindred. Leave him to his crushing despair.

That burns… but I won't slow down that easy!

The kids here are really vulnerable to smoke!

Makes sense; you shouldn't smoke around children.

But… what should we do about Paul?

Eh, leave it to the experts. We'll do what we can do.

After every turn, this effect pops up to show us that another Brother is being added to the fight. This time, it's the Third Brother.

He adds a unique page to Black Swan's repertoire, Well-worn Parasol.

This page will reflect the damage of any defeated die back onto the defender, alongside the Stagger damage from the Block die winning—this works against both offensive and defensive dice. The reflected damage is True Damage equal to the result of the losing die, so resistances can't help us. Thankfully, it's an 8-8 roll that cannot be boosted higher in this fight, making its overall damage potential minimal.

She also plays her final normal page, Curl Up. It's yet another E-endure-type 2 Block, 1 Offensive Die page, meaning it can be ignored relatively safely.

Paul… We need you.

But I'm nobody. The ultimate fall guy.

The you who was on stage could handle almost anything without a problem. Please, face your fear. Just this once.

But… but… she's scary. I can't!

They're coming, look out!

One of the brothers is down! Press the advantage!

You were right, Switch. These guys really can't stand smoke.

Told you! Underage kids shouldn't smoke. It's obvious.

Accept that you are hopeless. Embrace oblivion.

Aaa…. geez, what do I do?!

Die, as you always do.

Hey… kid?

Yes, headvoice?

I get you're scared and all, but if you show your feelings like that… it's going to end badly for everyone.

But… this is the Abnormality from when I… Oh god..!

Yeah, I've seen some terrible poo poo too. But that's that, and this is this. You take those feelings… and you hide them to do what you have to.

Hide..?

Yeah. Some people wear masks, others act nonchalant to deal with it. You were an actor, right? So act.

I don't know if I can..! This really hurts!

And? If you've got heartburn when you show up to the set, you'd act anyways, right?

Yeah, but this isn't—

If you think you can't, just change it so you can. You don't have much choice, kid.

…Hey, Miss Hod?

Yes?

Is this… a spinoff? And nobody told me?

If it helps you… sure thing, Paul. We got renewed again.

Huuuuf… Then what have I been doing..?

Hi! I'm Paul! Just your everyday former employee of Lobotomy Cobotomy, here today to beat the snot out of whatever horrorterrors get in our way!

He's back to normal. Roland, whatever you said worked perfectly.

Honestly, not sure if it was me or the Abnormality's aid that stabilized him.

The Fourth Brother comes in this turn, and his ability is a problem—effectively doubling all damage Black Swan deals.

Dream of a Black Swan is a WAW Abnormality, best known for being a big sister who protects her brothers from harm! But what happens if you destroy her entire family? Let's find out!

Good to have you with us.

The face below Black Swan tracks how many of her brothers have fallen since she last used a Mass Attack. It's at 1 now, but we want to expect a Mass Attack when it hits 4.

Finally able to focus on the battle?

If I think of it as another shoot, this isn't so bad at all!

But you and I… we're alike. Trapped. Too weak to avoid our fates… It was always out of our hands. How can you hope?!

True! Thankfully, I balled all that trauma up and put it away where noooobody can see it! And heavens to betsy, I'm gonna' use it!

Not sure if that counts as 'hope,' exactly…

Any motivation is fine, if it leads to genuinely wanting to better yourself. As long as you step forward, than someday…

"Someday" doesn't exist! No matter how I try, I can't save them, I can only save myself. If I hadn't wasted my time with their clothing, I wouldn't have become this.

Look out, that umbrella packs a real punch!

Fratricidal finishers, Miss Hod, I've taken care of this one! Haha… that wasn't so bad..!

You see, though? Even Paul managed to take a step forward. You're trying to take that step forward, too.

My steps… I walk only for myself now.

I don't need any of you beyond how I can use you. My clothing is not meant to protect you.

Switch! You okay?!

Just… knocked the wind outta' me! All good.

Her defense is really something else. Maybe the brothers hold the key.

Good job that I've taken out this one, then. This smoke stuff just gets more incredible the more we use it.

Focus up, another one should be incoming now.

That wasn't hard at all. Hey hey! If I distance myself more, then maybe it'll get even easy-peasier!

Detachment is a valid strategy, after all…

Speaking of… Hod, talking to her right now can't get through. You're better off just attacking her until the E.G.O fails.

I understand, but I won't stop trying to get through to her. If there's a better way, we should always at least make the attempt.

Idealistic to the end, huh..?

Alright. Just don't get overrun by her tykes.

The fifth brother adds another new page to Black Swan's repertoire.

Nauseating Reality is a page with a rather nasty second die. Its 5-12 range is a strong enough attack on its own, but attaching it to 5 Bleed and Fragile the next turn means that if it connects, the person hit will be taking a ton of damage next turn—especially if the fourth brother is still alive. Thankfully, we took care of that.

I was so focused on making clothing for my brothers that when I stopped to breathe, the breath was the same toxic filth I meant to protect them from… Protecting them was a worthless action.

We get a lucky Dimensional Sections proc—without it, this Brother would have survived.

But you did it anyway. Because you were kind.

For all the good it did. I've seen the ending of this story. All I'm doing is repeating the same dream again, wishing for another ending.

This isn't the same dream at all! So much has already changed!

On some level… I know that something is different. I'm surrounded by my brothers at last. I can throw them the clothes of nettles they've needed.

But that's simply a dream. The girl has vanished, and become a swan. This pain reminds me.

Tch… she's resistant to Blunt attacks. Even with the smoke it's barely doing anything.

I am not the girl who cared about those brothers.

Nor am I the white swan, soaring the sky. I am the monster born of smoke and sickness. That is my reality.

What you are is an AI wearing a costume of a girl in a costume. Whatever you're feeling can't be reality—it's playing pretend.

Golly, that's another brother knocked off guard. Could these guys be really weak?

These bodies of ours are just too strong.

Let's hope so. Seems like playtime is over.

Roland? Did you find something?

I've got good news, and bad news.

The good news is, I've figured out how to break past Angela's defenses. That last guy who stood up back there, if you smack him down you should leave her open.

That's great to hear. What's the bad news?

Killing so many of her brothers got her wound up. She's doing something big.

On the turn after 4 of her brothers die, or whenever she has 4 or more brothers alive, Black Swan will use her Mass Attack: Shriek of Broken Dreams.

Shriek of Broken Dreams is only really a problem if we don't know how Mass Attacks work yet—we've come a long way since Queen of Hatred, and a 12-12 die just doesn't hit the same as it did at the start of Urban Plague. Her 1 Feeble and her 9 stacks of Smoke will cancel out, meaning that after Paralysis we're looking at a 9-9 Summation attack. This page is a complete joke right now. Good thing, too—it will instantly Stagger anyone it hits.

Slaying them over and over. No matter how I work, I cannot hold them in my hands nor protect them. I will never be a white swan. All I can do is howl in anguish.

Oh boy… I remember this next bit. It's a doozy!

What happens?

She's gonna' scream real loud.

At the start of the turn, we roll our defense—our lowest was a 13, so the Paralysis didn't even matter.

That's one heck of a shriek!

Just plug your ears and have a good inhale!

Or just embrace the urges to do a violence!

The work you do shall be undone. There is no hope, your hard work is a failure. Taste the endless despair.

She's getting desperate! Take out that kid, please!

Noxious nettles, I got 'em Miss Hod!

The Abnormalities again…

They're all attaching to Paul for some reason.

Maybe it's because of his experience with all of them?

I'm having the biggest feelings today!

She's open. Let's go, everyone!

One step ahead of you!

After a Stagger, Black Swan's unlikely to have enough HP to tank a full turn of attacks from us.

I'll just take a deep breath and shoulder check her nice and hard.

Ungrateful… all of you. I brought you back. Gave you a gift. And still, you strike and claw at me…

Unlike in previous Realizations, this time around reducing Angela's HP to 0 will instantly end the phase—there's no more waiting until the end of the turn for Corrosion to proc. Not knowing this cost me several attacks worth of free healing from Meal. :lobcorp:

Did that do it?

Seems like she's only getting started.

Why couldn't I just leave you…

Oh… of course. It was my wonderful idea… to make friends.

Laetitia posted:

Just what compelled me to bring you lot along, I must wonder.

I couldn’t simply leave you all to rot…

I could never hope to build any kind of relationship with them.

Was it due to loneliness? I thought I never had attachment to such a feeling.

I wish to find many friends in this place. Don’t you think so too?

The gift’s content is a secret.

I prepared this for you. I want you to accept it.

I don’t see any smiles. Everyone looks gloomy. Including myself.

There was nothing I could do, other than watch from afar.

Laetitia (The EGO, not the Abnormality) is a slightly souped-up version of Laetitia (The Abnormality, not the EGO). She'll add a Gift directly to everyone's hand two scenes, plus one more for every two spiders we've defeated. Additionally, she will play a Mass Attack once all her Gift-wrapped Friends are defeated.

Huuuuge~ Gift!! is a 13-13 Summation Mass Attack that will give anyone it hits a Gift. Aside this page, all of the Combat Pages used by Laetitia (the EGO, not the Abnormality) are exactly the same as the Combat Pages used by Laetitia (the Abnormality, not the EGO). The minions are also exactly the same.

Unfortunately for Laetitia, this means she has the same weaknesses as Laetitia.

…Why's everyone looking at me like that?

This is just… it feels kind of wrong, right?

It's definitely not her usual vibe.

Yes… I think for Angela's sake, we should move things along as quickly as possible.

But… I want to make friends with everyone.

But wait, Miss Hod… wouldn't attacking Laetitia make us the monsters?

That's not Laetitia. That's a bad girl wearing a good girl suit.

A spider doll suit, but close enough.

None of us are smiling here… shouldn't we smile more?

I simply wanted to… give you something nice…

We both know those gifts are too dangerous to handle.

Please… All I wanted was to not be lonely.

…She's open. Everyone, please.

No worries. This is actually really cathartic.

You wanted to beat up your boss that bad?

I'd prefer directing a few of these punches at the rear end in a top hat who put us all here in the first place, too… but they've both earned it.

Friends... Please..!

They're suddenly moving much quicker than they did before.

Maybe they're trying to protect their friend?

It's fine… as long as we deal with the main one, the gifts shouldn't be a problem.

In that case, let's finish up quickly. I really can't stand this cutesy Angela.

Agreed… Angela should behave like herself.

Good news, everybody! I've got spider senses now! And they're all tingling!

With this we've hit our last Abnormality page in this fight. Hod doesn't have any Level 3 options yet, so when we get there we won't get any.

With Laetitia being on the ropes, I set everyone else to defend against any possible attacks, and queue up just enough attacks to ensure we take her out.

Take that, Miss Director! Um, Ma'am!

Waaaaah…!

Why are you being such a meanie..?

This isn't mean, Miss Director. This is learning. No matter what they tell you on TV, you can't make friends by giving them spider bombs that make them explode into spiders.

But then… what am I supposed to do with the friends I have?

Cherish them! Like friendly friend-shaped things! And then, even you can take a step towards being a better yourself!

…yeah… I'll cherish my friends…

I'll protect them with aaaaall my might!!

Music: Angela02

Cherish what's important. Protect it. Stop any who would keep me from my goal. Destroy them wholly.

Wuh-oh! That sure didn't work right!

Next time, on Library of Ruina: this is becoming a pattern.

TeeQueue fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Aug 23, 2022

t3isukone
Dec 18, 2020

13km away

Junpei posted:

I'd argue that the Index is way more cult-y than LobCorp ever was.

This is just the 'prettier than General Franco' argument reversed. It's not exactly hard to be less culty than the Index. They're kind of max culty.

TeeQueue posted:

But you and I… we're alike. Trapped. Too weak to avoid our fates… It was always out of our hands. How can you hope?!

True! Thankfully, I balled all that trauma up and put it away where noooobody can see it! And heavens to betsy, I'm gonna' use it!

Not sure if that counts as 'hope,' exactly…

:allears: Paul :allears:

Your Everyday NEET
Apr 26, 2017
I thought this part would only be just Dream of a Black Swan. Then again, 4 phases + closing cutscene would break the 50k cap I guess.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

The important thing is that after all that arguing Angela finally reached a condition in which she has done nothing wrong in her life.

(Then we beat it out of her)

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Your Everyday NEET posted:

I thought this part would only be just Dream of a Black Swan. Then again, 4 phases + closing cutscene would break the 50k cap I guess.

Historically speaking, Malkuth and Yesod's 'Discussion' updates both went over the 50k cap, and I had to do some ancient magic to trim things down without splitting the update in two.

I do not think Hod's will take quite that many words, though. Smoke is, uh.

Really, really good.

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

I vote to give Paul a Smoke build and keep it on him forever. Being sober and thinking rationally isn't working for Paul (and maybe refer him to Netzach for more ways to keep bad thought away)

TeeQueue posted:

He adds a unique page to Black Swan's repertoire, Well-worn Parasol.
What isn't said, but can be seen in pictures: for every unique card Swan is going to play, she is getting a guaranteed roll of 10 on Speed die.

TeeQueue posted:

Unlike in previous Realizations, this time around reducing Angela's HP to 0 will instantly end the phase—there's no more waiting until the end of the turn for Corrosion to proc. Not knowing this cost me several attacks worth of free healing from Meal. :lobcorp:
This time they actually let us kill Angela and simply create new one at the beginning of next Scene. Corrosion is now an empty ability. Why did they change that? Why didn't they change other Realizations to match? Who knows.

TeeQueue posted:

But wait, Miss Hod… wouldn't attacking Laetitia make us the monsters?
Err, Paul? It seems that you didn't get the memo, we are baddies now. Well, looking back at L Corp, always have been, we are just more self-aware now.

Another interesting thing: after each phase all allies recover 20 HP to maximum of 90. Why limit? Why mismatch with other realizations? Who knows.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

MiiNiPaa posted:

Another interesting thing: after each phase all allies recover 20 HP to maximum of 90. Why limit? Why mismatch with other realizations? Who knows.

The limit is probably because of Yujin. Most HP gates, maxes, and limits are because of Yujin.

Your Everyday NEET
Apr 26, 2017

MiiNiPaa posted:

This time they actually let us kill Angela and simply create new one at the beginning of next Scene. Corrosion is now an empty ability. Why did they change that? Why didn't they change other Realizations to match? Who knows.

Beating up a downed Angela could potentially get your team additional emotion coin, light, or card draw. Gotta put a stop to that.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.
Paul is living their best life.
I'm curious to see how they're gonna react to going a whole five abnormalities without dying.

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

TeeQueue posted:

The limit is probably because of Yujin. Most HP gates, maxes, and limits are because of Yujin.
Heal/damage limit for abnormality cards assumes 100% to be 120HP. Yesod Realization didn't have cap. Malkuth didn't have healing at all.
LoR would greatly benefit from one final pass of unification for its different mechanics and interactions. LC had the same problem, but much worse.

Lunar Suite posted:

Paul is living their best life.
I'm curious to see how they're gonna react to going a whole five abnormalities without dying.
Proudly

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Angela is... a good girl that did nothing wrong?

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

TeeQueue posted:

Historically speaking, Malkuth and Yesod's 'Discussion' updates both went over the 50k cap, and I had to do some ancient magic to trim things down without splitting the update in two.

I do not think Hod's will take quite that many words, though. Smoke is, uh.

Really, really good.

In this thread, we optimize our decks for word count.

Winterdragon2004
Mar 28, 2021

I'll hear that wonderous sound again, even if it has to be from my own two hands

Synthbuttrange posted:

She was a good girl that had no choice but to do wrong

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
You know, I've never heard any explanation as to why they decided to do Hod's Abnos in reverse.

Chaosbrain
Jun 13, 2013

Mad and loving it.

Junpei posted:

You know, I've never heard any explanation as to why they decided to do Hod's Abnos in reverse.

There is sort of a reason, but it’s a touch spoilery. Count the minions.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Chaosbrain posted:

So it's the reason for her breakdown, in gameplay form?

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

Synthbuttrange posted:

Always has been.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022

Chaosbrain posted:

5 (or 6) brothers, 4 "friends", 4 spiders (???). Given the breakdown cutscene... does this have to do with the Sephirah?

KobunFan fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Aug 23, 2022

TheDoomkitten
Jun 11, 2022

Synthbuttrange posted:

finally, someone else who gets it

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

If they just let Angela stay merged with Laetitia all this Library nonsense might have been solved (and full of spiders)

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

ZeroCount posted:

If they just let Angela stay merged with Laetitia all this Library nonsense might have been solved (and full of spiders)

A small price to pay to achieve the dream of a library full of spiders.

NullBlack
Oct 29, 2011

I'm as confused as you are.

apologies to Shaezerus

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

:five:

Malacante
Oct 13, 2021

Your Everyday NEET posted:

Beating up a downed Angela could potentially get your team additional emotion coin, light, or card draw. Gotta put a stop to that.

I found the way its done in these later realizations a lot easier - before if you misjudged how much punishment Angela would need to get to the next phase, you could waste a lot of pages whacking her uselessly while she was at 1 hp. Now that she actually dies, any pages targeting her that haven't gone yet get refunded along with their light cost, like any other time you kill an enemy.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Cranking Paul all the way up with abnormality manifestations is just lovely.

MarmaladeSkies
Jun 16, 2022
Holy poo poo, Null, how do you keep cranking these out?

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

NullBlack posted:

apologies to Shaezerus

:allears: the boyo

Lunatic 0verlord
Apr 9, 2022
Paul's in-game reaction to Angela's first phase is just WAY too perfect for his character.

Honestly, this LP must be under the effect of a Singularity that makes everything fall right into place.

TheDoomkitten
Jun 11, 2022

NullBlack posted:

apologies to Shaezerus

how did you make this in so little time this is a loving masterpiece

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.

TheDoomkitten posted:

how did you make this in so little time this is a loving masterpiece

I place my non-existant money on nullblack being one of those art AI's people are talking about now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Nah, MetaMeme's the AI. Her Angela propaganda is just her trying to sow the seeds for us to accept and welcome the eventual AI Overlords.