Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

AndrewP posted:

This felt like the longest offseason ever so I'm really not ready to write this season off yet. The Ravens will probably get owned Sunday and then have a string of games they should be competitive in. Hopefully Bateman returns soon.

Before the season started it felt like this Ravens squad was a playoff team that likely gets bounced in the first two rounds. Now that seems like Baltimore's absolute ceiling. If two of Ben Cleveland, Odafe Oweh, and Rashod Bateman end the season as high quality players we should be well situated to fix the lines and make a real go of it next year. If the injuries from this season linger into next, as has happened with Stanley and Boyle, it could really slam shut Baltimore's window.

Ravens do seem like this year's 49ers at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Kids do in fact still watch Nickelodeon shows. Not sure they’re watching live telecasts of NFL games on the channel but hey might as well try.

Yeah, if you can't see the NFL obviously reaching out to a younger demographic as a pretty smart marketing move, I don't know what to tell you

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
It is only week two. The Ravens have a better shot than most teams in the NFL of finding surprise starters from their depth players. I wouldn't write their season off until we see how they look at the end of the month.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I think the TB12 program would do Lamar, and perhaps the entire Ravens team, a lot of good.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

All I know is I'm not looking forward to losing 45-10 to KC

Also this:

The Puppy Bowl posted:

The worst part of the Ravens atrocious line play is all the caste football rear end Lamar opinions we're going to see Monday morning. Even on this very forum.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
On the upside at least this year we're going in with zero expectations. Might make the blow out hurt less. And maybe we get more dope poo poo like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXlHCTkCCmk

Good lord is Villanueva bad.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Good lord is Villanueva bad.

I honestly think AV was the least bad of three between him, Stanley and Zeitler on that rep. At least he kind of got him south of the pocket and not directly in the middle of it.

e: god that is just horrible from Ronnie Stanley, doesn't look anything like his normal self

AndrewP fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Sep 16, 2021

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Hard disagree. Lamar moves off his spot multiple times due to the instantaneous pressure coming through Villanueva. Then once he does totally lose his defender it's right in Lamar's lap. Stanley played awful on Monday and Zeitler was meh but Villanueva was on a whole different tier of bad. The speed with which he allowed pressure was amazing.

Also Stanley at least dives at the defenders once Jackson breaks the pocket buying him a ton of space to operate which sets up the easy TD. You can clearly tell he's the only lineman with experience blocking for Lamar.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
If you can handle Chris Jones (you can't, but that's no shame) the Chiefs pass rush is pretty much trash and based on scheming blitzes at the right time. I guess they get Frank Clark back this week but he hasn't made any noise in quite a while.

So losing someone and shifting the O-line around in week 2 does seem like it'll hurt a bit. Like, you'd expect them to look a bit better but now you've got moving pieces. You don't want him to play there and probably don't want him to play at all but Villanueva might be slightly more comfortable at LT on the imaginary bright side?

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Sep 16, 2021

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Stanley clearly was not ready and that is very dismaying and you can't help but wonder if his career might be hosed. Devastating on so many levels.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
The things that can theoretically help the Ravens o-line:

-Ronnie Stanley eventually plays up to his previous form.
-Rookie Ben Cleveland becomes a starter that upgrades the LG position.
-Experience and consistency in starters helps the the line "gel"
-Schemed help to the RT keeps Villanueva from being an overwhelming liability.

Basically you need all 4 of those things to happen in order to get this team up to the level it was last year, which was simply okay. We are currently going in the opposite direction losing the week 1 starting LT and LG for who knows how long. Cleveland is definitely a guard but he has tackle height and length so maybe there's a world where he could be a starting caliber upgrade over Villanueva but that's well into wishful thinking territory. For Sunday the starting RT will be our backup center.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
No really it's fine everything fine why are you asking?

https://twitter.com/ByNateUlrich/status/1438555111450726410

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1438544019764690949?s=19

Culley is bringing the Lombardi to Houston and nothing can stop him

Nov 6, 2002

Be kinda funny if Watson was actually holding the Texans back.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

For Sunday the starting RT will be our backup center.

I guess for another theoretical bright side here the Chiefs run defense was godawful last week and I don't think it's going to get a whole lot better.

This is the area I'm glad to get Frank Clark back in though since if he's done anything somewhat okish in the last year and a half it's seal the edge.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Honest question, would you even try to tackle this man or even get in his way?

https://twitter.com/ESPNNFL/status/1438192021680922627

hell no I wouldn't. maybe I'd give a half-hearted dive at his feet from behind if I was feeling brave

and it looks like those kids had the same idea, overall

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Washington vs Giants is going to be pretty dire right?

It'll be fantastic, prime cut nfc east clownball. everyone needs a little (well, a lot really) clownball in their lives

The Puppy Bowl posted:

-Ronnie Stanley eventually plays up to his previous form.
-Rookie Ben Cleveland becomes a starter that upgrades the LG position.
-Experience and consistency in starters helps the the line "gel"
-Schemed help to the RT keeps Villanueva from being an overwhelming liability.

-I'm sure he will, he was a good player but playing injured and in the first game of the season
-No one can really know the likelihood of this happening but it's probably well under 50%. Rookies usually just aren't that great especially if they aren't premiere first round guys
-Good buzzwords that's for sure! Which makes me curious, does anyone know if there are more or less sacks as the season goes along? People talk a lot about groups gelling but I feel like usually it is defenses that gel more as the season goes along.
-Now that I think about it I don't remember seeing the Ravens much chipping with TEs or RBs. Probably a good idea

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
News:

https://twitter.com/PFF_Ravens/status/1438558668623122436?s=19

Views: :negative:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

RIP Daniel Jones

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1438565391593259011

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

lol just end my suffering

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

once again and as always: Kawalimus was right

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Be kinda funny if Watson was actually holding the Texans back.

*Bill Simmons goes Super Saiyan*

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

who the gently caress is Buster Skrine

e: he has evidently had a decent career and made a lot of money, I do not remember him though

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
He's beyond washed.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

AndrewP posted:

who the gently caress is Buster Skrine

I have no idea either but it's always a great sign when you never heard about a guy who played in the NFL for 9 years including 4 in your own division

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Buster? drat near killed 'er

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Hes been around forever goddamn

Dude was a good #2 for 4-5 years if i remember him from the NYJ

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

He made it easier for the Ravens to beat the Browns so I'm a fan of him not being on my team

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

sharknado slashfic posted:

He made it easier for the Ravens to beat the Browns so I'm a fan of him not being on my team

Yup. I'm shocked Ravens fans don't remember Skrine. He was a Baltimore fan favorite there for a minute.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

shirts and skins posted:

*Bill Simmons goes Super Saiyan*

DESHAUN WATSON EWING THEORY, PATS ARE GOING BACK TO THE SUPER BOWL

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Grittybeard posted:

I guess for another theoretical bright side here the Chiefs run defense was godawful last week and I don't think it's going to get a whole lot better.

This is the area I'm glad to get Frank Clark back in though since if he's done anything somewhat okish in the last year and a half it's seal the edge.

Can’t wait to see Lamar in open field vs Ben Niemann or Dan Sorensen or Nick Bolton

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Pron on VHS posted:

Can’t wait to see Lamar in open field vs Ben Niemann or Dan Sorensen or Nick Bolton

At least KC tends to crowd the line and blitz a good amount, that should help keep him contained a bit. The downside of course is that if he slinks through the blitz with his black magic there's no one left to stop him from taking it all the way

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I don't know why anyone wouldn't follow the Raiders lead. Rushing 4 led to pressure on 60% of Lamar's drop backs. And line is worse today than it was Monday. Just blitz 10% of the time to keep them guessing and otherwise keep Lamar and any big play passing opportunities in front of you.

If KC loses this game it's because KC hosed up.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I don't know why anyone wouldn't follow the Raiders lead. Rushing 4 led to pressure on 60% of Lamar's drop backs. And line is worse today than it was Monday. Just blitz 10% of the time to keep them guessing and otherwise keep Lamar and any big play passing opportunities in front of you.

If KC loses this game it's because KC hosed up.

Because not every team has Maxx Crosby playing out of his loving mind

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The Ravens are also working out CB Dan Nainan.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

DariusLikewise posted:

Because not every team has Maxx Crosby playing out of his loving mind

It's Maxx Crosby. Maybe his performance was more than just going up against deeply inferior competition. Maybe Crosby is on his way to DPoY. I doubt it. This team has to play Myles Garrett and TJ Watt 4 times this year. They're going to be tested by stronger stuff than Maxx Crosby and the Las Vegas Raiders defensive line.

Nov 6, 2002

quote:

The trial of former Kansas City Chiefs assistant coach Britt Reid, who is facing a felony driving while intoxicated charge, is scheduled for 18 April.

The date was set Thursday morning at a virtual hearing. Reid and his attorney, JR Hobbs, participated by videoconference.

If convicted of the Class D felony, Reid, 36, could be sentenced to up to seven years in prison.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Maxx Crosby has more sacks than Khalil Mack since Crosby entered the league

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
We had a Maxx once

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Cavauro posted:

The Ravens are also working out CB Dan Nainan.

Wow the millennial 100% clean comedian

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo