Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
I am frothing at the mouth at the idea of a single townie visiting binus, I am shidding and farding at what this means for the outcome of our game of mafia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

Bifauxnen posted:

If I had a dollar for every time I thought binus was scummy for some weird or suboptimal mechanics decision though, I'd... well I could at least buy something really nice on uber eats

Suboptimal isn't the way to say it if he was genuinely asking us to use 1-shot abilities to, best case, give them to him.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Epsilon Plus posted:

I am frothing at the mouth at the idea of a single townie visiting binus, I am shidding and farding at what this means for the outcome of our game of mafia

Ok E+ is totally town

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

Suboptimal isn't the way to say it if he was genuinely asking us to use 1-shot abilities to, best case, give them to him.

Taking a break from my binus-induced rabies symptoms to state that this person appears to be actually thinking about the outcomes of our actions, which as we all know is verboten

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

OTOH, I am sure someone probably will, if nothing else to see what is going on there.

Re-reading the setup, there's no alignment cops here, and just one shot at doc by each person who gets/shifts to a 2 point ethic? This seems like it's gonna be fun to play, yeah.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
We should visit n1 but only if he claims pgo so that we can die before I start compiling a list of claims and actions and tearing my hair out.

Shellception posted:

Re-reading the setup, there's no alignment cops here, and just one shot at doc by each person who gets/shifts to a 2 point ethic? This seems like it's gonna be fun to play, yeah.

We will probably pick up missing abilities thru relics! Or whatever on even nights.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

merk posted:

##vote Yami

Real vote

Agreed ##vote Yami

For me it's the mechanics chat and this particular tidbit

Yami Fenrir posted:

This is a massive overreaction either way. Bif, I think you mighta been onto something.

It's weaselly and apprehensive.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Lmao.

Look at all of these people piling on to say "Yami bad" with little fanfare after I pointed out a thing I found suspicious. Oh and nice that you cherry-picked a single quote out that shebang instead of all the ones where I explained my reasoning.

Like I haven't played with Epsilon much so I don't know if they just normally sound like that but does this seriously look normal to you people:

b-minus1 posted:

If you have a night action that you really like, I strongly consider targeting me with it n1. As long as you don’t kill me, it will be cool. I don’t care what you do n2 and beyond, but n1 you absolutely need to target me.

Epsilon Plus posted:

I would say that someone immediately begging everyone to visit him N1 isn't exactly an "alignment neutral" action.

Epsilon Plus posted:

It sure doesn't feel towny. It feels like scum relying on town seeing that part of the setup is open and not thinking about the part that's not.

Epsilon Plus posted:

okay, let's just all do whatever someone suggests without thinking about it at all and see where that gets us

Like EP is literally going from "B- asking for people to visit him is scummy because ~bad things might happen~ to ~Sure go suicide into b-'s possible PGO you lemmings~ just because I was like "Uh, not really, it's stated in the OP that there's multiple ethics that work based on visits."

EP sounds really defensive to me here but suuuuuure I'm the scummy one here. Whatever, I'm going to wait for the voters on me to actually contribute an actual worthwhile explanation other than mafia buzzwords or "lol yami bad".

also @Bif I've looked over it again and I can't really comment on the humor segment because I, as a german, have no humor. But this whole B- thing kind of stinks as a "scum throwing poo poo at the wall to see if it sticks, only to backtrack too hard when it gets called out?" kind of deal?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

somber I notice that I caught toalpaz in what may be the greatest deductive feat in history and you just, breeze right past it?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

yami being yami here, people are seeing ghosts

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Yami Fenrir posted:

Like EP is literally going from "B- asking for people to visit him is scummy because ~bad things might happen~ to ~Sure go suicide into b-'s possible PGO you lemmings~ just because I was like "Uh, not really, it's stated in the OP that there's multiple ethics that work based on visits."

there are definitely possibilities other than b-minus being a PGO (and a scum PGO is wild IMO), including possibilities not listed in the OP

you should read more

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Epsilon Plus posted:

there are definitely possibilities other than b-minus being a PGO (and a scum PGO is wild IMO), including possibilities not listed in the OP

you should read more

I did mention that previously - but, again: why are people jumping to that conclusion first?

I legitimately don't understand.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Hal Insandenza posted:

yami being yami here, people are seeing ghosts

:agreed:

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Yami Fenrir posted:

I did mention that previously - but, again: why are people jumping to that conclusion first?

I legitimately don't understand.

because they're unknown, and we love rampant speculation. if we suss out something about personalities, that's more information for town. it's also, frankly, fun!

discussing everyone visiting binus is a dumb thing, idk why we're doing it

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Bifauxnen posted:

I don't know, even if he is town I'm gonna say that giving All The Powers to binus might actually be not a pretty good idea lol

This is one point I was trying to make but didn't know how to word it nicely, lol. Binus doesn't always play in ways that are helpful to town - can you imagine binus with a vig if he copies it from someone?

I'm hesitant with binus, if people want him to have copies of their abilities that's up to you. Don't be surprised if it bites you in the rear end later because you believed he had town interest in mind over self interest.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Epsilon Plus posted:

because they're unknown, and we love rampant speculation. if we suss out something about personalities, that's more information for town. it's also, frankly, fun!

discussing everyone visiting binus is a dumb thing, idk why we're doing it

Because he wants everyone to visit him for unknown (to us) reasons

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Like just to be clear i'm not actually advocating people should visit b-. I'm just taken aback at how much people jumped on b- for basically going "visit plz".

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Epsilon Plus posted:

somber I notice that I caught toalpaz in what may be the greatest deductive feat in history and you just, breeze right past it?

Hi EP, long time no scum. missed you buddy 💛

Yami's reaction makes me feel pretty sure of myself but I figure that's not a super useful conversation.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I think people were mostly joking about seeing b-. Points to e+ imo for trying to defuse with a joke, but I'll be very frustrated if that becomes a real case later lol.

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

Toalpaz posted:

I think people were mostly joking about seeing b-. Points to e+ imo for trying to defuse with a joke, but I'll be very frustrated if that becomes a real case later lol.

I don't think defusing actual game discussion with jokes D1 is such a solid move. I agree with you that it's flimsy stuff for a case, but we can take that up when someone's making a case with it.

Anyway, I sort of said it obliquely in my last post, but I don't think a mass-visit is in our best interests. It would be hard to see how giving up a lot of 1-shots would be worth whatever benefit binus gets.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Maerlyn posted:

Don't be surprised if it bites you in the rear end later because you believed he had town interest in mind over self interest.

Lol

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
Whomst scumming

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

Toalpaz posted:

I agree, I think we started getting kinda serious all of a sudden. Binus going on a mass PGO rampage or Binus getting all the powers and then some sounds funny, but I doubt people are going to be falling all over to go visit him tonight. I don't quite get how you can deduce scum or town from that.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

It would be hard to see how giving up a lot of 1-shots would be worth whatever benefit binus gets.

Yeah, it is this, basically. Gameplay-wise it makes no sense. Doesn't mean they aren't making a claim, and someone may take them up on it. But I don't think Binus is going to become some sort of demigod

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Yami Fenrir posted:

also @Bif I've looked over it again and I can't really comment on the humor segment because I, as a german, have no humor.

Hah, I thought that was just the German stereotype we Spanish have, lol. Glad to see someone in Euro time!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Somberbrero posted:

Agreed ##vote Yami

For me it's the mechanics chat and this particular tidbit

It's weaselly and apprehensive.

No no no no no this keeps happening where Yami gets all hyped to be in a role madness and just gets jumped on D1 and makes it worse by getting pissy about it do not agree with merk abort abort

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Bifauxnen posted:

No no no no no this keeps happening where Yami gets all hyped to be in a role madness and just gets jumped on D1 and makes it worse by getting pissy about it do not agree with merk abort abort

I'd give Toal's D1 pass to Yami, I do think they reacted in a scummy way but I don't want to vote them if they were eager to play/waiting for OA to finish this up, they jumped in fast and I'd be pissed to no end to be booted if I was invested in playing :ohdear:

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

Appreciated, but don't think I've forgiven you for shooting me instantly in that other game yet!

Shellception posted:

Hah, I thought that was just the German stereotype we Spanish have, lol. Glad to see someone in Euro time!

FWIW, it's not entirely true for most people here but I have enough mental issues to be borderline autistic (I don't have a diagnosis but an actual psychologist suspected it strongly enough to have me tested in the first place).

One of those is being pretty drat spotty with detecting humor and taking things too literally (much like actual autistic people do) which is part of why I hate joke phase.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yami Fenrir posted:

Appreciated, but don't think I've forgiven you for shooting me instantly in that other game yet!

At least I got that rare achievement so your death was not in vain

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Yami Fenrir posted:

FWIW, it's not entirely true for most people here but I have enough mental issues to be borderline autistic (I don't have a diagnosis but an actual psychologist suspected it strongly enough to have me tested in the first place).

One of those is being pretty drat spotty with detecting humor and taking things too literally (much like actual autistic people do) which is part of why I hate joke phase.

Can't trust Bif with a vig, that much is true.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Yami Fenrir (2): merk, Somberbrero
Sandwolf (2): Tommunist, Toalpaz
Toalpaz (1): Epsilon Plus
Grandicap (0): Sandwolf, Sandwolf
Bifauxnen (0): merk, merk
Tommunist (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen

Not Voting (10): b-minus1, Bifauxnen, Grandicap, Hal Insandenza, Maerlyn, PERPETUAL IDIOT, PlasticAutomaton, Sandwolf, Shellception, Yami Fenrir

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 22nd, 2021 at 11 p.m. GMT -- that's in about 1 day, 3 hours.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I’m not voting Yami today he’s my pal and I haven’t gotten to play with them recently!!

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Sandwolf posted:

I’m not voting Yami today he’s my pal and I haven’t gotten to play with them recently!!

Is that a scum claim? Are you claiming? That was a claim? Right? You claimed? This a claim? We're already ganging on you today, come on. Set someone on fire or something so we can discuss your case more comfortably.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Shellception posted:

Is that a scum claim? Are you claiming? That was a claim? Right? You claimed? This a claim? We're already ganging on you today, come on. Set someone on fire or something so we can discuss your case more comfortably.

It's okay shell we're all friends here day one.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Shellception posted:

Shell you are also my pal!!

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Toalpaz posted:

It's okay shell we're all friends here day one.

Are we??? :raise:

(I hope so, I feel like we've been pretty adversarial to each other lately!)

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Maerlyn posted:

Are we??? :raise:

(I hope so, I feel like we've been pretty adversarial to each other lately!)

Up until we get to the seven-page manifestos on why someone is totally a traitor and should die a painful death, yeah.

I got cookies. Anyone want cookies?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Shellception posted:

Up until we get to the seven-page manifestos on why someone is totally a traitor and should die a painful death, yeah.

I got cookies. Anyone want cookies?

that's for.... later

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Shellception posted:

Are you claiming that you can make claims? Are you breadcrumbing a claim for later?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

:regd08: