Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

Data Graham posted:

“What happened to democracy???” Christ what do these people think democracy even is

All of these words they use - freedom, democray, etc. - are all words that hide what they really want: the ability to do, say, go and act however they want. Nobody is allowed to criticize them, nor are they to face any consequences for anything. Ever.

The fact that actions have consequences is something that happens to others. They should never, ever face consequences for anything.

Their entire worldview is to make themselves invincible from the law, and point the law at everyone they do not like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

Think a lot of dick butts are in that inbox? Will he delete the post when he gets buried in lols?

This has real mypillow guy energy.

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

Data Graham posted:

Full steam ahead on "even the GOP primaries were stolen"

"If I win, it's the voice of the people. If you win, it's cause you cheated."

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

Dravs posted:

America, u ok?

No.

Hell no.

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

Because they don't care.

They stood outside a school, while children were being murdered, and the chief got a promotion. There will be no consequences, and they are probably going to get a budget increase next year for their trouble.

They know all this, so they are expending zero effort to bullshit and relying on intimidation and the blue wall of silence. It will work, too.

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

It won't be long until they come with guns and start taking the children. At which point they'll get arrested for kidnapping.

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

Steadiman posted:

https://twitter.com/JasonSCampbell/status/1537415749588856834
This is all escalating really fast. This woman is just a puppet, meant to plant talking points into the base so this talking point comes from up high and will spread quickly. We went from wanting to ban books in school libraries to demanding to take kids from parents in an insanely short period of time, I shudder to think what happens next.

They arrest the parents for child abuse and send them into prison, some more liberal slaves for corproations (who also get their voting rights taken away, so win-win there). Send the kids to a Christian adoption agency where they can be brought up right, i.e. have the individuality beaten out of them.

That's the plan. The conservatives in this country know their numbers are dwindling, and apparently intend to increase their numbers by force.

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

Data Graham posted:

The consequences for a conservative of dating a leftist is having to occasionally roll your eyes at someone who wants to recycle or run their mouth about some boring political thing they saw on the news. The consequences for a leftist of dating a conservative is feeling like you've signed up as a concentration camp guard because the money is good.

Also the conservatives frequently discuss killing leftists. Why be around people like that.

"I just want you to be wholly dependent on me and have no identity that I don't provide you. You exist to clean my house and raise my children, while I act like Don Draper from the first series of Mad Men. Why are you leaving?"

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

vaginite posted:

Why won't these people I openly fantasize about exterminating date me?

They want to exterminate LGBT people.

Women they want to treat as a walking uterus that cooks, vacuums, and raises the kids, while they run around like Don Draper.

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug
Got one joke of a country.

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

acejackson42 posted:

This, but unironically.

In 2024.

I want to see chud heads explode.

There isn't a single body in that gaggle of dweebs that can stand next to that man and not look pathetic. Fetterman would terrify them more than AOC.

Fetterman would just eat the Republican candidate and win by default.

Just unhinge his jaw and swallow him whole.

https://youtu.be/GZXp7r_PP-w

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

TulliusCicero posted:

What time today does Manchin change his mind? Taking bets

He's gotten too much heat. It's Sinema's turn to have concerns and kill the bill.

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

I loved law enforcement right up until they enforced the law on someone I know! Don't they know the law is for poor people and democrats?

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Sure, lone chud, you go against well trained and armed FBI agents. That'll go great!

These people have been conditioned to think every single FBI agent is a bumbling, corrupt, Barney Fife.

Imagine their surprise when they find out that some of them are 30% neck.

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

My dream is trump gets ratfucked out of the nomination, and tells his people it was rigged and spends the year telling his people to note vote, resulting in a historical republican electoral curb stomping.

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug
People should reply to the crying chuds with the CPAC "we are all domestic terrorists" banner.

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

Grape posted:

Yeah, nothing says hellworld like this still dangerous rear end in a top hat dying before he can whip even more insane people in to a frenzy.

His death will whip people into a frenzy.

"He was going to escape the false espionage charges of the deep state, and they killed him for it! Time to avenge him!"

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

kazil posted:

lol 2001 cgi

The deepstate has access to stuff Hollywood wouldn't get for 50 years!

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

To people IN Trump, lol

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

Random Stranger posted:

So it's a real brain trust situation over there. "Of course, he'll be skeptical of the FBI investigating Trump. The last time he signed off on it they only uncovered a ton of treason and a bunch of Trump associates got arrested. But no one was willing to prosecute Trump and they all got pardons from Trump, so obviously the FBI was wrong to investigate!!"

They've bought into the narrative of the "Russiagate hoax" so hard they requested the guy who probably knows more poo poo about Trump's criminal activities than anyone.

Wait

Is this for real? Because if so, this guy is going to wrap everything up before Halloween and provide us big lols

Edit: Trumps going to start attacking the special master he selected :lol:

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

Buce posted:

I think all the hair in that photo is literally beaver felt.

No, it's iron filings. He's actually Wooly Willy.

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

Convex posted:

This man is clearly mentally disabled and shouldn't hold accountability for anything of significance. Unfortunately that's also the main selection criteria for GOP candidates

He'll vote for heinous poo poo, and make incomprehensible answers as to why he voted for it.

A republican dream.

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Journalists are going to stay on Twitter and will adjust their reporting as though Americans got 1000% more conservative/racist.

No more tweets critical of Musk anymore, that's for sure.

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

LordSloth posted:

Warning: This video contains extreme volumes of Tucker Carlson. Put on your headphones, and turn the volume all the way up.
https://twitter.com/abughazalehkat/status/1577824457313378304?s=20&t=lXyoztYAuk3LRvFFRf2CYQ

He sounds like Jiminy glick!

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

Jack-in-the-Bach posted:

Obviously more should be done, but this is the biden administration, I wasn't even expecting THIS.

I was honestly expecting him to basically spend the past two years using Republican arguments and talking about being bipartisan and that's why they have to cut social security.

I'm glad to say that I was wrong as gently caress. Make me more wrong, Biden.

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Post ITT everytime you LOL Trump got subpoenaed

:lol:

Seconding for thread title

I hope he thinks this is finally his chance to get things turned in his favor and he shows up.

Did they say when they wanted him to appear? I didn't see it

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug
After Musk loses everything with Twitter, and Kanye loses everything buying Parler, do you think they'll get an apartment together?

Edit:

withak posted:

What actions can we take to help goad Musk into coming for Facebook next.

Zuckerberg seems ready to do that with his dumb ready player one vr world or whatever the hell it is.

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

Random Stranger posted:

It's going to be hilarious when Musk manages to kill Twitter even faster than we anticipated.

When him and Kanye go broke, they can make a reality show of them sharing an apartment.

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

priznat posted:

Never thought I would root for C suite fuckers but I hope they got a sweet golden parachute and can sit back and watch the place burn down under new management.

Musk isn't replacing them.

He's all the management he needs.

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

Bucky Fullminster posted:

"Free Speech" invariably translated as "The Opportunity to Spread Far-Right Disinformation".

Hey, that's not true!

It also leads to "use of slurs of every kinds", "violence towards political enemies", and coordinating violence aka libs of tiktok

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug
Futurama called this time period "The stupid ages"

Having a real tough time arguing with that description.

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

Cowslips Warren posted:

And we have to have as many golf courses as possible because there's nothing that rich people like more than hitting tiny little balls and stupid little outfits on bright green grass it has to be watered every single day, millions of gallons every season, every year.

Few more years and millennial will kill that industry too.

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

Are the Republicans going to be able to go back to boring mitt Romney types? Chuds love being open with their hatred, and won't want to go back to dog whistles after getting the bullhorn for a few years.

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug
Yeah I won't be surprised if trumps makes a few tweets and gets support back. The loss is still fresh.

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

This man has never blinked.

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

Why won't they champion an economic system that throws them overboard? :qq:

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug
The only takeaway Republican leadership will get is "We need to stop talking about our extreme policies. We'll keep trying to implement them, but we'll stop talking about them"

They're going to try to put the mask back on, that was ripped off in 2016. Who knows if it will work. My guess is 'mostly'; about 10% of the base will stay home if Trump isn't the nominee. The rest? Their brains are play doh molded by fox news, they'll come around to Jeb Desantis or whoever the billionaires put up.

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

Philthy posted:

Trump will still wipe the floor in the primary debates. If he still loses nomination, I don't think he'll just slink away. He definitely seems like the guy who would go 3rd party and burn it all to the ground and point out the Dems won because they didn't back him.

We may see a return of the 2016 Republican primaries, where each candidate takes a turn to get support, get stomped on by trump, then drop out. The whole time, he'd threaten a write in campaign or 3rd party run.

I wouldn't be surprised if he says something about a possible 3rd party run tomorrow when he announces. "I may start a 3rd party if I win, I don't know. Lots of people are saying the Republicans won't give me the nomination, but I'm sure they will. If they don't, I may look into this third party thing."

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

WhyteRyce posted:

Don’t republicans always have problems electing a speaker because anyone smart enough to be capable of doing the job knows being in charge of the loony bin effectively kills your political career? Didn’t they have to basically beg and plead Paul Ryan to do it?

Yes, because there was literally nobody else.

I guess maybe they will try Mccarthy and he wont get the votes, then the nutjobs may try mtg, and she won't get the votes.

We're on a collision course with wackiness!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

Orc Priest posted:

This has been trending today

Which made me wonder about 2024. Twitter is going to be an absolute dumpster fire now that Muskrat is in charge and he fired almost everyone at twitter. The amount of bot boosted campaigns, astroturfing and plain old shilling is going to be off the charts.

Pretty sure Twitter will go bankrupt before the end of the year. Once the outages start (because ol musky got rid of modules that do stuff and fired people who kept the place running), people will go somewhere else and Twitter will be another far right backwater.

The good part of Twitter was being able to tweet at companies about stuff. You could united airlines to bitch about your lost luggage, and they'd jump to get it to you. You do that now and you'd get four or five different united airlines accounts (all verified) telling you to gently caress off.