Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

They're probably comparing one-third of the country (whose discretionary spending is mostly going to Donald Trump and purchasing AR-15s, I believe) vs. two-thirds of the country and going with the latter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Frank Frank posted:

For the last time, posts like
, “won’t it be funny when ultrachud <x> has to live by their own rules? Now I will chortle about face eating leopards” are stupid because these people absolutely do not intend to live by the rules they propose. They want to use these rules to hurt people they don’t like.
I dunno, mocking laughter at the aristocracy is a very human thing to do. Even when they pass some law/court decision legally forbidding mockery of our dough-like, sweaty-eyed herrenvolk, we'll still be able to laugh at them -- just, you know, on the DL.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Xenocides posted:

How the hell would that work? Pass the law and tell the IRS they have to give every family in Florida a rebate? Why is the IRS laughing? Or just write a check and send it to every family?
The purpose of the law is to create the press release, I assume any $450 checks would be besides the point.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Oh good, they've discovered accelerationism

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

The Anime Liker posted:

LMAO when the 5-4 decision comes down that you can't issue warrants or prosecute federal politicians and they just start stealing the copper wire out of the supreme court
I'm wondering why I've yet to hear any of these people, seriously -- and of course with furious red-faced invective and force - argue that the Constitution guarantees a REPUBLICAN form of government, therefore,

Possibly because this would require reading the Constitution

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

A lot of the cult of personality stuff is probably also just trying to imitate Daddy and make sure he's happy, or at least, won't be unhappy with you and unleashing his mutant army to send you to the cornfield.

Like I remember when W. choked on a pretzel. Some hearty guffaws were had by people leaning towards the left (though I am sure they were not true leftists). I believe the right wing just ignored it.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Discount Dracula posted:

By that logic they would give Dark Brandon and all future US Presidents supreme authority over everything. Hail Satan you short-sighted halfwits.
Biden appoints his son to the imperial seat, and America enters a new golden age under the wise everyman rulership of Emperor Hunter.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Hazo posted:

This reminds me:

When the uneventful serving of a lawfully ordered warrant VIOLENT FBI RAID first happened, this got posted:

Did he ever do any of these things (aside from I think he did some "this is concerning" weasel words), or did he pull a classic desantis and go into hiding while refusing to talk to the media except through press releases and carefully curated photo-ops?
I believe he has mostly been trying to assert his rule over the Florida Reich so I guess his plan is to ride his alligator cavalry into Georgia and become Fuhrer.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

haljordan posted:

DeSantis absolutely can't whip up huge crowds of dirtbag chuds into a bloodlust like Trump but I'm still worried that if he ends up on the ticket, they'll vote anyways because he has an R next to his name. The odds of Trump running as a third party are precisely zero because at some point he'd actually have to go into his own pocket to fund things.
On the first part, I think he has a sporting chance just for that R after his name and the free media coverage and reflex voting it will bring him, but it isn't a very high chance.

On the second, do you think Trump would pay a single dime? He'd either bill the Saudis or would just take contributions and use 20% of them to hire stadiums.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

And by letter, he means a turd

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

I believe the chud tactics here are meant to be used with tactical riot shield things, so that they can more easily and safely protect their rights by murdering their lessers. Presumably they do not presently have the shields, but would expect to be given them by friendly police officers.

Though, doesn't the AR-15 punch through cop grade gear? Hm.

Anyway, what does this special master poo poo even mean (other than that Trump WON!! and the libs were OWNED!! and he is now PRESIDENT FOR LIFE!!, obviously). It sounds like Trump found a judge that either loves him and/or wanted to avoid being targeted by White Riders.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

MrQwerty posted:

I feel like it means that alphabets are going to start getting involved in Federal court cases involving Donald John Trump but it could also be nothing
I'm an idiot who lives in a cave, does that mean like the FBI and poo poo?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

While there is certainly grounds for healthy skepticism, I believe a hearty chortle is in order

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Strange Poon posted:

is that how a phallanx works? i thought the back line opened up, usually into into gaps so the front line could fall back or have i been watching too many movies?
Assuming they are Brave Aryan Warriors Holding Back A Horde of Takers from the Camp of the Saints or whatever the gently caress, I imagine part of the idea is in fact to lose, but slowly and heroically, so they feel cool about themselves.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

That picture makes it look like the black guy was casually kicking all their asses, though I suspect it was not quite as straightforward as that

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

For a lot of people, being a Republican is basically their religious identity. Saying "you can still be a Republican, just stop sucking Trump's dick" is probably important on a divide-and-conquer basis.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

The right wing strategy is pretty openly now "threaten and threaten and threaten so we get what we want by inches," and they sure don't show any signs of being satisfied by anything. In fact, I am pretty sure they just will find something new to be upset about and demand if they get everything they want.

I would not advocate in any way for aggression, but something like what happened with this drag brunch seems OK to me. It promotes peace, ultimately. Even if it isn't every event, now the rage addicts have to take into account the possibility that the libs with the guns will be there. (And yes, I know, they're not actually liberals in this formal sense, but "not an info-warrior"... etc.)

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashley_Todd_mugging_hoax

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Graham is just kissing the rear end of power, as he has always done.

e: Power in the Republican base, I can say, Trump is now Father Coughlin, not the Shadow President.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

My favorite is that Ronna Romney McDaniel said, "We don't like the term, "Red Wave,"" recently, and so people are just throwing all her "Red Wave" tweets from the past year back in her face.

Even if they win the House, they are way underperforming where they should be considering it's a midterm and they're the opposition party. Of course, they're fuckers and there's still over 2 months left, so you never know... also, the Dow lost, like, 1000 points on Friday and didn't gain anything today, so... economy :shrug:
The stonks thing is entirely because of the Federal Reserve raising interest rates which had been sitting in the basement for my entire post-graduate life

I suspect a lot of these guys have a pretty good idea of what kind of a turd Donald was keeping in his spare room there.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

I doubt they will actually secede because they like their power and their influence. If they did, they'd probably try to gin up a war with the godless liberals because that would be the only way their rhetoric could possibly go, except that given the composition of the military as of now I doubt it would go very well for them.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

pixaal posted:

If you don't like it "get out!" and if you want to join us we'll help you move here and take the place of someone that doesn't want to be here! Why no we don't know how they will afford to leave especially since they can't sell their house since we just said we're going to seize it!
This proposal needs a few :byodood: in it or else I'm not convinced it isn't just stealth liberalism

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Also Ron “here are fake electors” Johnson talking about rule of law is :lol:
I'm looking forward to whichever campaign's fake spray paint says "BLACKS RULE!" again

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Brandon
In
Democrat
Electric
Nuclear powered destruction of your rights as a real american

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

e: Aren't those signs now pro-Biden thanks to the normie memetics

Waffle House posted:

I love how exploitable and small the real anti-Democrat/MAGA/whatever base is.

Its loudest and strongest are all terminally online fuckwads who were lame out of the gate, and they are in a self-reinforcing cycle of failure with a very small amount of elderly people who actually go outside. That and a shitload of bots who grift them.
The Republican party apparatus spent decades training an entire generation to press the R button if they see the R after a name, which is the only reason these jabronis have any hope at all. I imagine the real fury of the few but extant anti-Trumpers has a lot to do with "god dammit, he stole our bit!"

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

How are u posted:

They may not care, but the voting public cares. As we're starting to see with the fallout from Dobbs.
The idea is that they will be able to choose what part of the public actually gets to be the voting public, at least to a sufficient extent to ensure they will rule forevermore. Hence the Permanent Republican Majori-- oh, was that in 2006?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Aye see there's the shields. I don't know why the other video didn't have them. Maybe the guy with the sheet metal had to work late?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

PhazonLink posted:

lol that regressive probably hates that non whites have a higher birthrate and the US is sustained with immigration from non white countries.
That dude has some kind of legitimate brain issue, I think, which he is choosing to focus into being a Republican.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

It would certainly be where the money went, but the money would also go against electing a black man in 2008, against not electing :abuela: in '16, against somehow failing against god-emperor loltrump in '20, etc. Anything can happen in the NBA

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Gee, I thought you were supposed to vote for the candidate who was the most qualified, but I guess I lack the wisdom of a Real American.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Given that Murkowski was able to successfully and accurately educate the Alaskan public into letting her win a write in campaign for Senate, I'm confident that Tom Cotton is just trying to edge up closer to "cancel the election and award the position to its rightful owner (the Republican)"

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Sure it does, if it's not illegal to smoke weed, then people who smoke weed are no longer committing a crime.

Also, what I'm getting out of this is that people in Alaska are loving deranged.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Yeah I mean they're never gonna stop nitpicking or bitching because the nitpicking and bitching is the point.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

MrQwerty posted:

yeah didn't the GOP pull a bunch of money out of pretty mucl already-lost races AZ and AK last week to redistribute it to (loving lmao) their awesome candidate in PA
Didn't Rick Scott already steal half of the money they already had? Like at some point, guys, you're supposed to actually institute the empire before you shift to a tax farming system.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

SocketWrench posted:

Honestly, where were all these fuckoffs when Trump was declaring the media "enemy of the people" and egging on if not flat out demanding people to assault others for him and Fox News beat on that violence drum? It's like four years of a presidency just loving vaporized into air
I mean,

https://twitter.com/_EthanGrey/status/1534024500970459138

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Has CNN really decided that what it needs to do is move into the Fox News space as Fox News drifts rightward? Like even for the ridiculous situation of cable news you'd think you'd want to remain the center/center-right network instead of just ceding everything to the left of George W. Bush to, I guess, MSNBC and then the Great Beyond.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

TulliusCicero posted:

He's been calling for his chuds to attack the FBI for weeks

BUT BUT MUH DECORUM
THEIR feelings are not the ones which you are permitted to gently caress

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Strong Sauce posted:

since loving reagan. lmao
So the norm is 'Republican Presidents get to do that' I see

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Yeah, these guys don't have the patience or focus to form a rebel army, it would resemble the Troubles. Not that this is good but like, there is literally no action that seems like it would avoid some degree of it? Arguably this is what all the mass shooter poo poo has been, anyway. It's already going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Would Asuka have supported Trump?