Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!

Chloe Jessica posted:

couple dynamics are a thing. i have known people whose relationship involved constant sniping at each other but if you spent any time at all around them it was obvious they loved each other very much and it was just the way they expressed themselves.

this is absolutely a thing. my dad proposed to my mom in the midst of an argument in the stairwell of their apartment building by taking the engagement ring out of his pocket, tossing it at her and saying "here, gently caress" and walking off

as long as I've been around they've been bickering with each other incessantly, I'm convinced at least part of the reason they've stuck with each other is neither wants them to let the other win the argument they've been having for the best part of 50 years.

yet they're utterly devoted to one another - when my mom had a heart valve replaced a couple years back my dad pretty much lived in her hospital room until she was released. aside from nights the only time he wasn't there is when I was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

Nooner posted:

This dude rules

"Sorry i got hammered and hosed up your parents driveway. Let me take you to a bar and drink until i cry to make up for it"

he's loving 33 acting like this. Jesus had followers and poo poo by this point and you're still loving up a concrete pad ya drunken halfwit, get your poo poo together.

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

the holy poopacy posted:

:yeah:

I don't know if there's a chapter in Emily Post about this but there should be

Calpurnia tears a strip off of Scout over her judging how someone eats in To Kill a Mockingbird, that's always done it for me.

"There's some folks who don't eat like us," she whispered fiercely, "but you ain't called on to contradict 'em at the table when they don't. That boy's yo' comp'ny and if he wants to eat up the table cloth you let him, you hear?"

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

Mx. posted:

AITA for telling my cousin it’s his own doing that his adult daughter isn’t as successful as her friends?

I want to run a really slow rotating drill through the cousin's kneecaps

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

this loving donkey.

AITA for borrowing some money from my wife's savings account?

My wife and I have joined finances but she has a savings account her grandpa set up for her before he passed. It's around 40k in savings. We both work IT jobs and get paid fairly well (I want to note that we do not live in America so wages differ) .

Shes stated to me that that money are for either an emergency or in case we plan on buying our own house. She said that in case I need money for an emergency I'm allowed to use. I also have access to the account but so far I didn't use anything.

2 months ago my sister asked me to lend her 5k because she wanted to pay for her wedding dress but her card had expired and kept declining. I lend her 5k but since I didn't have the full amount of my own paycheck, I borrowed money from my wife's savings. My sister said she'd pay me back once her new card was ready which would take less than two days. I didn't tell my wife this because I'd replace the money in two days.

It's been 2 months now and my sister is putting off on giving back the money she borrowed. She keeps finding excuses on why she couldn't give it back every time. My wife hasn't checked the savings account in ages but what if she happens to check it and she figures out 5k is missing?

My best friend says I am honest with her and I should accept the consequences of my own actions for not notifying my wife and not letting her know about the money missing. AITA? I feel very guilty for this and for trusting my sister.

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

Late Fees posted:

:rip:

Polyamory is a loving joke.

A woman I knew from undergrad split up with her husband a couple years ago. They had two sub-5 year old kids. She was really evasive as to why they'd split, just that he was trying for sole custody. I'd only met her husband a couple times, one of which was when he helped me move, and I couldn't see him doing anything jerkish.

She told me about a year in to this ongoing tale of woe that the reason they'd split was because she'd suggested opening up the relationship, and when he said no, she left him.

We don't talk anymore.

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

Motronic posted:

Try getting blasted all day every day 7 days a week for years of your life. That's what this woman is doing, and I bet she has a hell of a tolerance by now.

It's what happens when you're too much of a degenerate to take a t-break every three to six months. I'm guilty of that myself.

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

AITA (28F) for getting a competent employee (21F) fired for smoking cannabis

I am a nursery assistant at a private nursery, I have been working at said nursery for 13 years. Around September of 2020 a new employee who we will call 'any' was hired and started working in our preschool room. In a word she was amazing, she was consistent with her working days, rarely took days off and was very polite. She was also very good with the children and was very professional with her work.

Fast forward too late November/early December of this year. I installed ticktock and it has a feature where you can find peoples accounts through your contacts. Since me and Amy are coworkers, I have her number. Out of curiosity I have a look on her account and her most recent post is a video joking about her smoking cannabis. This obviously came as a shock too me, I would not have pinned her as someone who abused drugs. Either way i thought that it was wildly inappropriate that someone who works with children does drugs, so I saved the video and emailed it too my manager.

My thought process is that we have high paying parents putting their children in our care, with the expectation that they are in good hands. No parent would want someone who abuses drugs looking after their child. Too sum it up, Amy was fired shortly. Anyone who works in a nursery will understand that they are gossip hubs so obviously what had happened spread relatively fast. I have come into conflict with my coworkers. Their argument is that Amy was an excellent worker and her cannabis usage didn't interfere with her ability too work, and that I am an rear end-hole for reporting her. I am now being essentially bullied in my work place, I have had people call me a jobsworth and other unkind names. I think i did the right thing.

AITA?

tldr: I found out my coworker was smoking cannabis and had her fired.

gently caress this loving square. I hope she falls down some steps onto a rake.

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

Piell posted:

AITA for buying a door to my son behind my husband's back?

The dad should start listening to the last verse of Cats in the Cradle a lot now because once his son's gone he's going to have to come to terms with the fact that he never sees/speaks with him ever. Even then he's still going to blame the kid and never realize that he's the author of his own misfortune

Unless he dies of cancer of the prick before then. That would be nice.

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

My (22m) brother (16m) stole my gf's (23f) nudes out of my phone while he was using it

This happened a few weeks ago when I was dropping my brother off to his friends. His phone was dying so he asked to use mine to text his friend when we were close and to play music. My gf was riding in the passenger seat and he was in the backseat so I couldn't really see what he was doing. After that day my gf started getting harassed by these accounts that kept popping up even after she blocked them. This has been going on for weeks but now I'm sure it was my brother because last night one of the accounts sent her a pic of one of her nudes.

My gf thought it was me or that I sent her nudes to my friends. She called me freaking out and sent the screenshots. I was confused and tried calming her down but she didn't stop accusing me cuz she said she didn't send the nudes to anyone else. It was a recent pic too so it wasn't an ex. I put two and two together and I think my brother sent the nudes to his phone, while he was using mine, and deleted the text evidence. No one else used my phone or even knows my password. When I told my gf that she just got quiet and then started crying.

I drove to my parents to confront my brother. At first I asked him about it until I could tell he was lying, so I started shouting at him and told him to unlock his phone. He was acting dumb so I took his phone and said I was leaving with it and he tried snatching it back. I told my parents the full story and that's when my dad made him unlock the phone. He started scrolling thru the pics and I told him to let me do it since I didn't want him seeing my naked gf.... I found the pic plus more but not the accounts, which makes me believe this little poo poo sent them to his friend who's now harassing my gf.

I don't trust him anymore and kinda despise him rn. I'm not sure what I can do and my gf is still upset. I want him to face consequences.

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

mind the walrus posted:

You take photos you don't want shared and put them within access of a child-- regardless of what those photos contain-- that's called "playing with fire."

If you're a digital native this is some ABC poo poo.

this is the dumbest loving take on this subject. it's his fault for trusting his brother?

so dude is lucky that the brother didn't get into his venmo and transfer a shitload of money or his robinhood and short the bejesus out of Apple or something, because that would've been his fault too?

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

But who hyper policies the hyper police??????

coast guard

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

Sisal Two-Step posted:

AITA for not inviting my husband's son to Christmas?

Imagine I bolded the whole thing.

Holy gently caress that poor guy.

I can see it in like 10 years. He runs into his bitch stepmother in the supermarket. They talk for a second, a conversation he initiates because he hasn't seen her or his dad in like 6 months.

She engages briefly and mentions in passing (like as a reference of time) that her husband died recently and he realizes abruptly that:

1. his dad died and
2. nobody told him such that he missed the funeral

I wonder how long she's been married to his dad and he's effectively been on his own, emotionally and family wise. Jesus.

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

B-Rock452 posted:

I went with the "this is fine" room on fire background until someone told me it was inappropriate so I switched it to

4 seasons total landscaping

Oh man that's dope

Also, content from r/bjj:

Convicted rapist competing

Short history about the case, So this male raped an underaged unconscious female, served five years in prison. Person is now competing in professional grappling competitions.

I have two questions for this community. 1 . How do you feel about having a convicted rapist being allowed to compete in professional grappling.

How do you feel about other competitors willingly competing against this convicted rapist while being aware of his history.
Thanks.

Unsurprisingly, given the propensity for some BJJ types to support sex offenders, there was a shitload of people speaking up for this guy being allowed to compete and then the thread got locked.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

AITA for giving my sister 13k to pay for her I.V.F cycle without consulting my husband?

My f33 sister f34 has been struggling with infirtility for years. She and my brother in law resorted to so many options including trying rounds of I.V.F. this is costly so as a result a number of I.V.F cycles had cost them a lot and none of them worked. My sister and brother in law were advised to take break seeing the physical and emotional and financial toll this unsuccesful I.V.F treatment has had on them but my sister wanted to try one more time before she enters her mid thirties where her chances are lower.

My parents refused to give her any more money so she came over to my place where she had a mental breakdown begging me to help. I decided to help her out and helped pay by pulling 13k from my husband and mine's shared account. My husband was out of town for days and I didn't go out of my way to tell him after he missed my initial call before going forth and giving my sister the money.

I brought it with him on the phone later and he blew up at me saying I shouldn't have made such decision and taken money out of our joint account without consulting him first but I said I tried calling and he didn't pick up the first time but he said still I shouldn't have made any moves til I had talked to him first then said he didn't agree that I gave a huge sum of money that he worked hard for given the fact he contributes 70% to this account and said I messed up big time. I tried to explain my sister's situation and how this was an emergency and assured him she'd return the money but he said no she won't since she doesn't even have job, same with her husband and said I shouldn't support their bad decision to want a baby when they're broke to negin with. I had an argument with him and said he was acting cruel and unsupportive of my family but he corrected me saying he's not a doormat and he worked hard for the money that I had no problem giving away without even telling him but that is my sister and I felt obligated to help her out yet he refused to understand that.

That was the last time we spoke, he demanded I take the money back asap but I haven't responded to him yet. AITA or was he?

I always want these "I did something wholly incompatible with being a partner in a marriage" stories to advise as to whether there's kids in the picture so I can figure out how messy the divorce is going to be

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

Megillah Gorilla posted:

If he's keeping your $20, take his loving chips with you.

EDIT: And grab an armful of the other poo poo to the value of $20.

Effectively this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlnqprMcobg&t=71s

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

AITA for insisting my boyfriend eat respectfully at a nice restaurant?

So my boyfriend (20M), L, and I (20F) have been dating for 7 months. We usually eat take out if we want to get something to eat. However, I recently was promoted so we went to eat at a VERY nice Italian restaurant to celebrate. Like, one with an enforced dress code.

My boyfriend is not the nicest of eaters, which can be kind of gross but I deal with it. However, I didn’t realize he had no table manners. At the restaurant, after we were served our first appetizer, a beautifully plated bruschetta dish, L looked at me and jokingly asked me if I would be upset if he enjoyed his meal the same way he would at home. I told him that we were at a nice restaurant and there were other customers around.

He didn’t say anything, but instead started digging into the bruschetta with his hands, ignoring the serving fork, getting sauce all over his fingers. I let this go. However, when the pasta came out, he smirked at me and ate like he hadn’t eaten in a week.

He dropped his fork and started picking up pieces of chicken and noodles with his fingers,
getting sauce everywhere: the tablecloth, his hands, his clothes and face. He didn’t miss the opportunity to loudly burp after he had finished destroying his side of the table. The table next to us was astonished. My waiter even asked him if he was ok. Other customers were staring. He also put his feet up on the chair next to us, blocking the aisle.

I had no idea what to do. I didn’t want to make even more of a scene so I just asked for the check (which I paid) and left really embarrassed. On the way home I told him how embarrassed I was and he just said that it was my fault for not letting him enjoy the meal as he pleased and that since we were paying customers the other guests had no business judging us.

AITA?

I wanted this story to include something about someone at another table slapping the taste out of this fuckdonkey's mouth. Alas.

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

berenzen posted:

I dated this dude back in university, and on the second date we decided to go to a nice steakhouse for dinner. When we got there he proceeded to tell me that "he was left-handed, and so can't use a steak knife properly." then proceeded to pick the steak with the knife and eat around it like a cob of corn. Now I'm very dominantly right-handed, but I was still able to passive-aggressively swap my knife and fork around and eat left-handed for the meal.

There was no third date.

any chance you can diagram this cause I'm twisting my brain in knots trying to figure out what this must have looked like. chalk that up to a failure of imagination on my part

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

AITA for kicking my wife's family out after they flew down to stay with us for a few weeks?

My wife (26f) and I (28m) got married last year in the midst of Covid and didn't have a wedding. Her family lives about 18hours away by car, and a flight costs about $450 round trip per person if you plan it right. Two months after the wedding, we found out we were expecting!

Flash forward to now. Our beautiful daughter was born right after Christmas, and we're happier than we ever thought we could be.

In-laws decide to come down and stay a few weeks to help us out while we transition into going back to work and find a babysitter as well. I'd never met them before this because of the distance and then the pandemic. We were both so excited to see them! Until they were finally here. From day 1, we've had problems with them. (mom, dad, two sisters)

Things that have happened since they got here 6 days ago:

-MIL threw out half of baby's brand new clothes because they "weren't her style"

-FIL dug a hole in our garden and took a poo poo because the bathrooms were occupied. Twice.

-Sister 1 ruined my wife's Christmas gift (I got her 6 liquid lipsticks she's been wanting for a while) by breaking all of the wand applicators and then trying to put the makeup on the baby.

-Sister 2 ran away from our house 2 days in and we couldn't find her for almost 48 hours. Turns out she met someone online before coming and was staying at his house. (She's 19) there was a whole police investigation and everything.

-MIL took $150 out of my wallet yesterday to "buy groceries" then left for 3 hours and came back with no groceries but her nails & hair are done

-my wife found some dirty roaches in the bag of Sister 1 while doing laundry this morning.

I've talked to the family after each incident and they laugh and blow it off as if it's something normal or to be expected.

I mean no disrespect to anyone out there who lives in trailers. But this family is straight up trailer trash.

I had the last straw when we found the dirty roaches because I cannot and will not have those in my house. So I asked them to find a cheap motel to stay in. Even offered to help pay for half of it.

Now my wife is mad because I hurt their feelings and thinks I should give them another chance. I've given them multiple. She even told me that they weren't helping with the baby at all.

AITA?

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

Bruceski posted:

I feel lucky in comparison, last time a guy just needed someone to talk to around me he told me about how he used to abuse meth and cocaine, knew just doing talk therapy wouldn't stick so he took over a friend's basement. Boarded up the windows, locked the doors and said "whatever you hear, whatever I say, don't let me out for a week." Apparently it worked.

the Sickboy method. not ideal if you're lacking in moral fibre

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

that's in Men at Arms as well

Boffo the clown and Dr. Whiteface

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

edit: removed my post of it cause that's so much better with the spoiler and I don't wanna ruin anyone's fun

olylifter fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Feb 7, 2022

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

greazeball posted:

Carolyn Hax: Couple agreed to be ‘productive’ during pandemic but only one followed through

I don't think we usually post the columnist's advice but...

Aaaaaaaand you'll never guess what happened

England had it right, keeping the barristers and solicitors as separate gigs entirely.

Transactional attorney guy sounds loving insufferable

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

ad090 posted:

AITA for sitting back and doing nothing when mom told my wife that she'd take us to court for grandparents right?

it absolutely loving floors me that people voluntarily practice family law. imagine getting stuck in the middle of that.

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for going nuclear over a pen?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQ1pO-tZbYA

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

Hughlander posted:

AITA For A lovely Situation

I love HOA drama so much.

into my loving veins

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I hope they sue this place for every red cent, especially if there's a trail of this person calling a whole bunch of people and them shrugging it off

Five will get you ten that he gets termed for this and they cite cause for "insubordination" or something like that for causing damage to the facility and not just waiting to get let out

Some employers are just such loving jerkoffs and have zero idea of the concept of what's legal and what isn't

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

limp_cheese posted:

The only other argument over turtle soup I know about resulted in a country singer shooting a man in the head while at a bar.

Turtle soup is serious business.

that was a great episode of Tales from the Tour Bus

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

Evil Willow posted:

AITB Lost to a girl in BJJ and feeling emasculated/embarrassed

Added para breaks

I've been doing the mexican floor karate for like 8 years now, I've never once, in all this time, heard applause when someone gets tapped. nobody watches anyone roll, nobody cares.

particularly when it's some spazzy as gently caress white belch rolling with a blue. the only reason you'd pay attention to that roll is to make sure you don't get hit by the white belt flailing around

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

kimbo305 posted:

That’s nobody’s business but the Turks’.
And capitalism’s.

Let this ironic racism go.

my wife is from Mexico and refers to it as that, I loving kid you not

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

there is no loving way on god's green earth that someone named a child Cannon. I know it's true but I just refuse to believe it

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

good luck with the divorce, bro. The ages at play here are my favourite part.

AITA for saying there is absolutely no way my sister-in-law is coming to live with us?

AITA here? My sister-in-law "Rachel" needs somewhere to live soon and my wife says we should invite Rachel to come and stay with us "until she gets back on her feet". I am adamantly against this idea as Rachel hasn't been on her feet for years and if I'm honest I do not see that changing anytime soon.

Here is the story about Rachel. She has been without employment since around 2009. She was let go from her job due to poor performance. Before this she had also been let go from other jobs she had. After she was let go the last time Rachel moved in with my mother-in-law and father-in-law. She said she was looking for a job however she never began working again. Even suggestions she work in a retail job, in a warehouse or restaurant until she found something else were met with derision. She previously work in offices in entry level jobs however she didn't apply for those jobs as she wanted something "better" in her words. My wife and I decided at that time not to concern ourselves with Rachel's problems. Rachel also expressed a desire to move away however she could not afford to until she got a job

My father-in-law passed away in 2014 and my mother-in-law passed away in 2019. My mother-in-law left their house to Rachel and she decided to sell it and use the proceeds to move to the province she had wanted to live in. However after three years Rachel still does not have employment and the money has run out. Rachel must vacate her apartment by the end of May and will run out of money next month as well. My wife wants to invite Rachel to live with us. She says since our daughter is away at university we have a spare bedroom for Rachel and it would not be permanent.

Rachel moving in with my mother-in-law and father-in-law was supposed to be temporary. She ended up staying with them for ten years and it would have been longer if they hadn't passed away. After all this time she refuses to take any job she can get in hopes of getting something "better" or finding a boyfriend/husband to live with. She has not had a job or relationship since 2009. She ignores ads for jobs that need no experience or education. My wife and I are turning 50 this year and Rachel is turning 55. I love my daughter however we were also looking forward to being empty nesters. My wife says I don't understand because I am an only child and that since me, her and our daughter are Rachel's only relatives left now we have a duty. It would be different if Rachel actually wanted to work or this was short term. I have listed ways we can help Rachel that don't involve her living with us or us co-signing a lease and otherwise financially supporting her. I would help in ways that don't involve us being bled dry like Rachel did with my father-in-law and mother-in-law. They both put off retirement and were working into their 70s to afford supporting Rachel and I don't want to go the same route. I also don't want Rachel to start leaning on my daughter, who is almost 19 and in university.

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'd never seen this and it absolutely rules, thanks. This guy and the donkey in Toronto Life who opened a restaurant should get together and tour or something. Their stories are almost identical

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

Batterypowered7 posted:

Looking at a point in the floor in front of you allows you to keep a neutral spine throughout the exercise: https://youtu.be/nhoikoUEI8U?t=254

in my experience it can assist with balance as well. I've vacillated between a neutral head posture and looking at the floor about 6' in front of me for as long as I've been squatting. Both have their merits and are valid

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

AITA for using my husband's car to get to work after he tricked me into going to his family's BBQ party?

I (f33) am a nurse, I have a very very busy schedule. It's been absolutely crazy the past couple of years. My husband (m36) works an office job and because he's a family-oriented type of guy, he always hangs put with his family. His family live on a ranch in the middle of literally nowhere. It's a hassle to go there and due to my work nature, I don't go to most of their functions, I do however make sure to attend the big ones.

Last week, his family wanted to host a BBQ party. He wanted me to go with him so badly since all his brothers were bringing their wifes and since they mocked him for coming alone in the past. I said sorry but I had a shift to cover. He begged, suggested I swap shifts with other nurses who are my friends and even called them all to beg them to cover for me. I grew irritated and told him to stop it. He sulked for a whole day then dropped it.

In the morning, and hours before my shift I discovered that my car's tires were out of air. My husband offered to drive me to the hospital at 4pm and I agreed. I got ready and we got in the car but instead of taking me to the hospital, he drove me straight to his family's ranch. I was dumbfounded and angry after he said he tricked me into attending this BBQ and that I had to suck it up and set this shift out. I was so mad I didn't know what to say.

We got to the ranch and I sat outside fuming. I waited and saw I still had time to make it to the hospital if I figured out a way to get there. I watched my husband go inside leaving his Keychain next to me (right where he was sitting) I took it and rushed to the back where all cars were parked, got into the car and drove off. His dad saw me and told him. He started calling my phone relentlessly til I turned it off. I got to the hospital in time but didn't dare turn my phone on til it was past 8 pm. I opened it and saw tons of angry messages from him berating me calling me horrible and a manipulator. I got on the phone with him and he yelled about the awful stunt I pulled and bailing from the party and making him look bad infront of his family. He then calmed down and said that he now knows that work is more important to me and that he won't ever trust me afteri basically stole his car and ran with it.

We've been on terrible terms since then. His family are also mad but I haven't spoken to them about it yet nor calcified anything. AITA for what I did? I was desperate and worried that messing my shift might cost me my job.

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

Arsenic Lupin posted:

AITA for not taking my boyfriend to the hospital when he’d broken his leg?

gently caress this loving stockholm syndrome rear end nitwit but also how did this guy wait more than 10 minutes before calling someone else when it became apparent that his soon to be ex was in fact categorically insane

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

AITA for complimenting my boss's body?

I (24m) work as a supervisor at a fast food joint. My former boss (28?f) is extremely attractive. She left due to finding another job. When she first started we got along fine, but she became quite distant and started acting stand-offish towards me.

About 2 weeks after she started acting weird around me, she asked the owner of the restaurant to get a new door for the back entrance as she is quite small and struggled to close the door when she would lock at night (the door was overlapping the hinges at the top). I was there when she asked and I said "maybe its a good excersice so that you could build up your arms a little, to match your thick thighs." She gave me a weird look and I said that it wasn't meant as an insult, that she is in great shape.

She ignored me and I saw her talking to my colleague, a female supervisor, and they both have been super weird with me since. I don't think I did anything wrong. Am I the rear end?

Edit on the "getting fired" comments: I think she did speak to head office but I get along great with the director in charge of our store. He hasn't said anything or been acting weird toward me at all so I really don't think I did anything wrong

dude doubles down repeatedly in the replies - and the former boss shows up too:

Former boss comment
A friend sent this to me and told me to piggyback on the top comment? So here goes!

I am the woman in this post. Do you see now, Andrew? 1. Yes, we did get along in the beginning. 2. I don't know what you mean by my "potty mouth", as I had only F-bombed a few times. One of which you felt it appropriate to respond with: gently caress? gently caress. (Then almost chanting to yourself) don't say anything, there's a lady. Don't say anything, there's a lady here. 3. I caught you staring at me MULTIPLE TIMES and I asked you to keep professional eye level. 4. Megan, the other supervisor, informed me that your ex made some claims about things you did to her, so major creep vibes right there that already solidified your creep vibes. 5. You STINK! How many times did I have to address the staff on personal hygiene??? Even after a day off, your clothes stank of sweat! 6. I did approach head office, and you know what I was told? "Oh he's a good boy. Sam thinks he has great potential." 7. And yes, I left because of the toxic work environment where some middle aged men in their big rear end BMWs thought I was being dramatic.

So, gently caress the restaurant chain.

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

Cowslips Warren posted:

There was a time when I made the wonderful mistake of living on my work grounds. The owner was the type to pinch pennies until they snapped, and he would cut my hours every few weeks, before whoever new he hired would flake, walk off, or just never do the job. So I'd get my second part time job back, for a month or two. It was horrible, and for a while the new dude worked out, which meant I literally had $20 to my name after bills were paid for the month.

My manager told me that hey, there are no cameras in the food prep building. And since I worked there 2-4 hours a day, it would be easy for me to find some better quality stuff when I was making the daily food for the animals. So I'd never starve. I could just eat week-expired eggs and meat that was labeled clearly not for human consumption, and whatever fruits or veges looked okay. Apparently lots of other employees who had lived on site did this, and as long as you weren't taking whole boxes of animal-quality meat, no one cared.

I did not steal food. I mostly remember walking from that meeting numb because the pay was so poo poo that it was acceptable by management (not the owner) to take food because otherwise you'd starve.

gently caress, there was a security dude who actively hunted the ducks that migrated. Was good eating on those things, I was told.

Did you work for loving Joe Exotic or something? Jesus that's all horrible

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for refusing to babysit ever, paid or unpaid

I was gonna post this. How's his sister going to have loving six kids

edit: oh help my gently caress

boogers19 points an hour ago
Just out of curiosity: how many fathers between those kids?

Sera69699 713 points an hour ago
They each have a different father

olylifter fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Jul 26, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for not taking my brother’s kids on vacation with me even though I initially agreed?

jesus loving wept the Loud House must legit be flexing at the seams