Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

sean10mm posted:

I respect the level of spite here but it's also the kind of thing that gets you shot when the jerk next door turns out to be a genuine psycho.

Yeah, like that guy that killed his neighbors over snow removal
https://abcnews.go.com/US/pennsylvania-neighbors-dead-fight-snow-shoveling-authorities/story?id=75666109

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
I thought God had nine billion names.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

sephiRoth IRA posted:

My personal relationship with God means I get to call him Biggie Y

The Notorious G.O.D.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Woodchip posted:

Doesn't matter what I(26M) do, my father in law(50M) just doesn't respect me or like me.

My (39m) girlfriend (36f) absolutely will not allow others their turn to speak when we are drinking and it's starting to ruin our relationship.

Probably a trowel and a bucket of Quikrete cement should do the trick

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

This one?
Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for intentionally blindsiding my pregnant roommate to avoid a confrontation?

I have been living with my roommate, Holly, for almost 1.5 years.

Holly wasn't a good roommate. I was doing most of the chores. I didn't like her much but she seemed to think that I was a really good friend of hers. Anytime I tried to talk to her, she would either deflect or give excuses. She told me once that it was my fault because I do it better than her and she is now not used to doing chores.

6 months ago, she told me that she got pregnant.

I was covering half of her rent too because she didn't have any money. I wanted to ask her to move out but again, she would say something, or give excuses or start crying and I would back off.

Few months later, situation is got worse for her. Quit her job. Couldn't find another. We were speaking one day and she told me how lucky she felt having a friend like me. She thanked me for being so nice about the rent and the food and she also told me she is not feeling scared about being a single mom as I would be there to help her.

I freaked out hard. Helping out a person when they are in a spot is one thing. But it was clear that she was expecting me to help her even after the baby was born. I didn't want that.

Another month passed by. I was making plans to leave. Me and my friend found an apartment to share.

On Sept 3, when she wasn't at home, I moved all my things to my new apartment. Since most of the things outside her room was mine, the apartment was pretty bare when I left.

I called my landlord and informed him that I won't be renewing my lease which was ending at the end of Sept. He promised to return my security deposit in full at the end of the month. After that I left a message to Holly that I have moved out and she has to talk to the landlord about her situation from next month.

To be clear, I paid my share of the rent for this month to the landlord and told him to ask Holly about the rest and about making a new lease/new security deposit.

I refused to attend anymore calls from her. Bottom line is I left a 8-9(?) months pregnant woman who was depending on me for many things (like rent, food etc) on her own during a pandemic while she was jobless.

She had left me multiple voicemails and telling me how I should have talked to her and at least given a heads up instead of just moving out. She told me that she is struggling a lot and she is about to give birth soon and that I need to help her. She is saying that it's lovely of me to help her so much and then abandon her. She told me that she wants to meet me and explain things. She thinks that talking to her would make me move back.

I refused to respond. All my friends have conflicted opinions.

Some think I could have just talked to her and resolved it. Some think that I should have at least given her a heads up. Some think I should move back in. Many think that it's not my fault at all.

Again, she has one month to figure things out with the landlord before the lease ends. I didn't talk to her because it never worked in the past and I didn't wanna be guilt tripped out of moving.

Here for unbiased opinions. AITA?

Piell posted:

AITA for canceling in an appointment that was made for me without my consent?

Just

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Olewithmilk posted:

Yah the real "backbone" thing to do would be to separate as soon as it happened and give your kid the chance to come to terms with it over time and still try and provide a stable environment in that space. Not to slowly develop a soul bomb of drama ready to explode after 18 years.

Soul Bomb of Drama is an excellent username

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

purplestuffedworm posted:

I misread this as "pregnancy boulder photos" initially and I will never be able to call them anything else again.
A large boudoir the size of a small boudoir

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Zurtilik posted:

WARNING: Dead Pet Ahead!

My [22 F] boyfriend's​ [22 M] brother [19M] is responsible for the death of his pet parrot, boyfriend will be home in a week and on the warpath.

I bet it was a rare Norwegian Blue parrot, too. RIP, avian homie. :smith:

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

spouse posted:

AITA to have expectations for my stay at home wife?

AITA for not offering to buy my friend Kobe beef while in Japan?

"I sure wish you'd gargle my nutsack, bruh"

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

zakharov posted:

(rushing into thread out of breath)

Folks, this Japan story is a real beef beef.

It's a tale from Big Beef City

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

WaywardWoodwose posted:

When he left the band did they hit him with a shovel and throw him into a woodchipper? I heard the producer made almost all the former members into dogfood menudo......

It was right there

Pigsfeet on Rye fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Oct 28, 2021

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Dazerbeams posted:

You sure about that? Lamb, veal, and suckling pig are all delicious. How much different could a baby be?

A modest proposal indeed

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Barudak posted:

Your gofundme is poisoned genes are making heaven too crowded

FTFY

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Peg Sliderskew posted:

Surname better have been Cross, or possibly Lynn.

Or Gambit

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Cowslips Warren posted:

That is always the sheer WTF of cheaters: people will think what I did is bad, so I need to make my partner look bad, therefore what I did is not nearly as bad now!

AITA for making a budget to show how my niece how hard it would be if she married her fiancé?

I don't know, maybe this will help the niece wake up and smell the coffee and realize that life is going to be tough if you're trying to go through it on the power of love-colored glasses.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

HerStuddMuffin posted:

According to the OP she went on strike on her friend’s advice. It reminds me of the story with the lady who was the first of her friend group getting married, and her friends used her to field test all sorts of stupid ideas they had which led to her divorce, and them not making those mistakes in their own mariages. She was pretty salty about it.

ESH

https://www.reddit.com/r/AmItheAsshole/comments/co5chc/aita_for_breaking_up_with_my_friend_group_for/

quote:

AITA for breaking up with my friend group for horrible relationship advice that broke up my marriage?
rear end in a top hat

My main group of friends is 4 other women I met at university 10 years ago.

We all met basically on the first week of the first year and have stayed tight with each other done then alive 10 years ago. I used to think they were all bad rear end and looked to them for advice for a lot of stuff including relationships. I started seeing my now ex-husband 6 years ago, we got married 2 years ago got separated 1 year ago and now divorce is final.

A lot of the problems we had was me acting on, what in hind sight seems like, bad advice given to me by my friends. Examples:

Just after our engagement they convinced me that I shouldn't change my last name or hyphenate because it was old fashioned and oppressive, even though Mark told me early on that it was an important thing to him

They planted doubts in my mind about how what originally I thought were innocent comments by his mom were jabs she was taking at me and pushed me to force Mark to stand up for me to his mom

Convinced me that I need to ration sex because some stupid reason that I bought into then that doesn't make sense now.

Convinced me that when we have kids they should take my last name because I would be giving birth and again we shouldn't support old fashioned traditions.

With the last fight Mark had enough and said he wanted out and initiated the break up. I was devastated, I foolishly thought he'd never leave me because again my friends convinced me that I was way out of his league and that he would never leave me.

I decided I can't be friends with these women any more because not only did they give me really bad advice but when each of them for married none of them followed any of the advice that had been SO important when they told me. They each took they husband last names. They all bend over backwards to get along with their in-laws. No rationing of sex. No more kids need to get mother's last name talk.

This just pissed me off and I confronted them,I told them they were just using my marriage as a playground to test their stupid relationship theories and that they only started really thinking things through when it came to their own relationships. I told them I couldn't be friends with them any more.

They are saying I'm being unreasonable and that they told me what they thought was best at the time and that no one held a gun to my head. They said now that they've been in the position things are different and that they're saying it's a lot more important to go along to get along.

That's true, I'm probably going to be regretting for the rest of my life not using enough of my own judgement in my own life decisions. But the thought that I had a good guy that I pushed away because of their advice is just too much for me. WIBTA for cutting them loose?

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

limp_cheese posted:

Its beautiful, thank you. You gotta love hypocrisy.txt.

Yeah, OP is a spineless idiot and her friends are harpies.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for expecting my sister to be in my wedding after I did the same for her?

Punitive wedding invitations
"You can suffer as I did, bitch"

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for throwing my boyfriend a surprise party?

Voice your opinion of his issues

Actually, this could cover both Dick the Birthday Boy and the OP whose BF's parrot was killed by his brother:

At least the OP didn't flip out and pound a ring into a metal nugget using a convenient hammer

Pigsfeet on Rye fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Nov 3, 2021

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Soylent Pudding posted:

Try reading this one without hearing Cave Johnson's voice.

AITA For telling people not to take my lemons?

Everybody is having lemon parties

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Of course you need a bridal shower, how else are you going to get a giant ceramic leaf platter?

For real, everyone should have a registry at Design Toscano
https://www.designtoscano.com/

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

webmeister posted:

I love the little details in this one:
- started major renovations without consulting partner
- happy to point out that the house is "mine", not "ours"
- has debts that aren't getting repaid
- happy to let in-laws pay for the wedding despite his major financial windfall
- he says "we" might as well have fun with the money, despite it being spent entirely on him
- apparently spent several years out of the workforce, so I'd love to know what the rest of their financial situation looks like (ie, how much he's been sponging off her income for the past two years)

I'm honestly just boggling at how unbelievably self-centered this guy is. "Yes honey, I know there's a bunch of walls missing and someone is digging up a corner of the house. I figured that since we've lived off your income for two years, your parents are funding our wedding, we've got a bunch of debts and I've only just found stable work, it seemed like the perfect time to dump a bunch of money into a moronic vanity project entirely for my own benefit. You know, because I never get to do anything! Wait where are you going?"

At some point, the OP replied:
"She would never go into debt, in fact she has a huge savings and investment portfolio that we battle over all the time because she thinks it's better to save it interminably, I say spend it.

But no we don't share incomes or savings. This also is a huge problem because she has a considerable savings and it annoys the gently caress out of me that she saves it for some proverbial "rainy day" instead of using it for us to have some fun."

OP rightfully got dragged in the comments

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Also, the blabbermouth at the OB that spilled the story about pregnancy got reported

quote:

WIBTA if I reported a family friend who outed my pregnancy to her place of work?

UPDATE I reported her first thing this morning. She was the one who answered and I said I had to talk to my OB, but she couldn’t come to the phone right then and called me back 20 mins later. I explained the situation, she thanked me for telling her and said that they take matters like this very seriously and will be looking into it immediately. I doubt they’ll let me know what happens but if I do hear anything I’ll update again. Thanks so much, everyone!

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

cumshitter posted:

I'm (F22) getting tired of supporting my unemployed BF (M23).

Getting real Dermott from Venture Bros. vibes from the guy with impossibly high standards who is going to be a professional rear end kicker.

She had several updates:

quote:

"Funny you suggested these. He actually HAS tried and interviewed for a plumbing apprentice willing to train and pay for school....he said pulled out the interview process because starting pay was below what he was looking for for the first year. I think I've suggested everything under the sun but if it isn't the money its the hours. If it isn't the hours, it's the money. If it isn't those things its the stress. He reacts terribly with stress."

" I agree it seems like we’re at different levels here. He was living with his mom but got kicked out. He was living with a roommate for 2 years before we moved in. He was perfectly capable of being responsible then since he didn’t have the support he has now I guess."

"Thank you all for your opinions. I think I really needed this wake up call no matter how embarrassing it is the admit. As we are on a lease together breaking up with him instantly is going to be hard as there will be no one to pick up the lease if I move out (lease ends in another six months)I will give him a strict ultimatum and deadline (1 more month) to get any type of job or he’s going to have to kick the curb. I appreciate the insight and will continue to accept any advice, also will provide an update if wanted!

Pigsfeet on Rye fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Nov 10, 2021

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Underwhelmed posted:

"So long Cheeseburger"
As the man walks away from the grave, the camera slowly pans down to the tombstone.

It reads "Albert Einstein"Capt. John Miller

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

I (25F) want to break up with my terminally ill boyfriend (29M)

Something about burying the lede

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Mr. Fall Down Terror posted:

i get wanting to go out in a blaze of hedonistic glory as you are confirmed dying, but if you choose that path you have to accept that people will abandon you as you betray them

either die nobly with your suffering but supportive girlfriend or go try to hook up with all your exes one last time before pissing your money away on cocaine and skydiving or whatever

In your final days, make the urban legend come true: strap a JATO rocket to your car and run it into a cliff in Arizona.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Gnoman posted:

The anti-Italian slur that begins with a G is probably the one that is also an iconic Mario enemy.

https://www.etymonline.com/word/guinea

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

PancakeTransmission posted:

What happens if an American spends Thanksgiving alone? Do they die?

Typically the Poop Fairy visits Thursday night; if it realizes that you didn't stuff yourself gluttonously in the company of others, it inflicts constipation on you for three days. If you did celebrate thanksgiving, you are blessed with soft, smooth, effortless poo poo for a week

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

kalel posted:

Absolutely incredible thread title

Agreement here

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Boba Pearl posted:

It seemed like you guys made up amicably why would you would be the rear end in a top hat

Did anything else happen that night?

quote:
We had a fight in the cab

Thought this was a weird wine pun at first. "We fought in the cab, but made up in the pinot"

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

spacetoaster posted:

Filing a criminal/civil complaint for trespass/vandalism (or whatever the local statute is) might work if the husband can get video of them doing it and document everything.

Rural legal systems are loving wrathful about protecting property and water access.

They have to make sure the old rear end in a top hat's children and kinfolk don't dominate the local government / sheriff

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Metis of the Hallways posted:

but it's the only thing that gets me out of bed in the morning

what will i do without my daily bat licking

Lick cane toads instead

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

ranbo das posted:

I don't care if it's real or not, that was worth the read

Yes indeed

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Gadzuko posted:

AITA for going off on my SIL after she insisted on taking my husband with her as her +1 to her friend's wedding?

Give me your husband!

“Give me your house, your husband, your huddled babies yearning to breathe free, the things I envy of your desirable life. Send these, the things I need, to me, I lift my lamp to illuminate my entitlement!”

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

pentyne posted:

there's really nothing there that doesn't scream "absolutely real" to anyone who's ever lived in a small rural town.

r/relationships: I lift my lamp to illuminate my entitlement

Actually, there's so much entitlement in AITA and Relationships that this would work well

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

limp_cheese posted:

I don't think you are going to convince me you love your wife.

Betting he still has a thing for Stacey too.

Maybe her mom, too.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Piell posted:

AITA for leaving a bra on the floor to stop my brother from coming into my room?

Brother reacts to bra as a cat reacts to a cucumber
https://i.imgur.com/470SA5v.mp4

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Arsenic Lupin posted:

This kid has been poisoned by his mother and older sister, but wowza.
AITA for telling my sister she would have been a terrible mother?

"I'm a child, but I believe that since your womb is barren, you have a duty to help us live the lifestyle we crave."

Pigsfeet on Rye fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Nov 19, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Tarkus posted:

I was thinking about how people kiss cats the other day. I brought my cat to the vet a couple of months ago and one of the vet techs was playing with my cat and kissed the cat. Now I have no problem with anyone kissing my cat but it was there and then that I realized that kissing other people's cats might be weird. I also realized that I may have inadvertently kissed other people's cats and they may have thought of me as weird, though I can't recall any specific incident. weird.

Excellent av + post combo here.