Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Content courtesy of r/Dogfree

My wife wants a dog!!

quote:

Created a throw away account as my wife and I both use Reddit.

My wife (36) has never shown any interest in dogs. But now, all of a sudden in the space of the last year has decided our family needs one!

I think the catalyst was two events. One, reconnecting with her family who she has been estranged from. They have a farm and keep lots of dogs, some for working and some as pets. Two, her best friend got a COVID puppy.

When we reconnected with her family we started going out to the property with our kids. I have kept the kids away from the working dogs who just seem mean and dangerous and are kept in large kennels away from the house. But the family has three "house dogs" that are allowed to roam wherever they please. It's disgusting. My daughters (12 & 9) and my son (7) have all fallen in love with these disgusting dogs and roll on the floor with them. I caught my 9 year old trying to sleep in the dog bed with one! And my MIL let one sleep on the bed with my daughters after I had gone to sleep!

My wife was getting annoyed with me being so strict and we have had several fights out there.

We have not been out for awhile due to lockdowns. But meanwhile my wife's best friend has gotten a dog that goes on walks with them. And my wife had been coming home telling me how "good" and "obedient" the dog is and how it would be nice to have a dog around. She has told me a dog would make a good exercise buddy for her as she likes to run and hike alone sometimes. She has also said it would be good to help teach the kids responsibility and other such BS.

This has been going on since Christmas last year which we spent with her family

Well this morning before I left for work I told her that we were not getting a dog and it was the end of the conversation.

She has then text me after I left the house that the conversation is over because she put a deposit on a puppy! I don't think she actually has, she has to be bluffing, it doesn't seem like her to do something like that without my agreement. But also we have been arguing about it for nearly a year so maybe she just decided to take matters into her own hands.

I don't know what to do. My wife is very stubborn and if she has put a deposit down she will follow through and bring a dog home. I am scared for the safety of my kids and our health. But if she hasn't put a deposit down I think the fighting is going to keep going.

Imagine! An amazing marriage being ruined by dogs!

To clarify. I am not scared of dogs. I just don't like them as they are unclean, smell and are a burden. I am however scared of what dogs can do to children.

TL;DR: my wife and I have been fighting for nearly 12 months because she suddenly wants a dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Old lady names are the new trend in naming kids.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Is she from some east Asian culture where you must always defer to your elders out of etiquette (even if they're just like a day older than you?).

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Maybe your homework is rendering or some other resource heavy digital art thing. In which case you probably would need a 1700 laptop.

Edit : oh they're high school kid, I skim read and assumed they were in higher education.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Giantess / vore fetish.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

I (25F) want to break up with my terminally ill boyfriend (29M)

She should take the initiative and ghost him first.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
No rabies is probably the only thing the UK has going for it.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

MagusofStars posted:

I hope OP’s “she’s paying us enough to make it worth it” is paid all in advance because there’s zero chance the actual result matches the bride’s mental image of what she *thinks* raspberries on a wedding dress will look like - then she’ll blame OP for not doing it right.

It's going to end up brown isn't it, like shitstains.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Just googled that temperature - it's just 26° C. The gently caress? "Breaking point"

loving British people could handle that.

Have you ever been to Scotland the two times a year when the Mercury hits 20 degrees? Societal collapse my friend.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for ruining thanksgiving?

Lol

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
My cat just stares at the radiator all day, her face like an inch from it.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
OP sucks because he's a landlord, dead dad also sucks for not ensuring his partner was provided for after death.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Let's join the bride and groom for the first dance... In the chemical plant zone!

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Boba Pearl posted:

A 20 year old whose DAD JUST loving DIED

I'm your dad now kid, and until you're 21 you're grounded. My house, my rules.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
His wife is going to post in the thread, and reveal that the OP has blown up his marriage over this dumb issue.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Are there any weird dudes out there that will pay cash money for some pictures of gross malformed Hobbit feet, hit me up.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

The Bramble posted:

Literally laughed out loud in a public place just from the title alone

My [32m] girlfriend [31f] asked me to choose what year, I thought she was the most physically attractive. I told her 21.. Now she told me that I am a creep and I am not the guy for her

lmao you idiot, just say one of the recent ones, doesn't matter if she was hotter when she was 10 years younger.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Naming things is a tool that the bourgeoisie use to keep down the proletariat

Defy convention. Point at things and grunt

Using words like bourgeoisie and proletariat is classism.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
I don't know what your getting all bent out of shape about. I just want to show some respect to the soldiers who died under that (Nazi) flag.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Let the weird nerd have his WW2 models. It's harmless, not like he has a room full of Nazi memrobilia or anything.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
AITA for not liking Indian food?

quote:

My (30M) girlfriend (27F) is Indian. She moved to US a few years back. I'm American (white, if it matters). We live in NC.

My GF loves to cook. She told me so on our first date. However, I'm not the biggest fan of Indian food. I find that a lot of spices used in Indian food irritate my stomach and I have a very low tolerance for hot/spicy foods. She never had an issue with this and never forced me to eat anything I didn't want to. In fact, whenever I stayed over, she made me things like pancakes and french toast and they were incredible. She is a very good cook.

Two weeks ago, we moved in together. Our place has a large, fully equipped kitchen, and my GF was ecstatic about all the things she can do. I was happy to see her so happy. However, in all our excitement, I didn't realise how our food preferences can actually become a problem.

You see, I didn't realise that she cooks and eats a lot of Indian food. Like, all the time. For the past year, whenever we've spent time at each other's apartments, she's always made me things like ramen, pasta, lasagna, tacos, soups, grilled cheese etc. I figured that that's what she normally ate. I have a few Indian-American friends and they've told me they don't exclusively eat Indian food at home, so I thought it was the same thing with her.

Yesterday, she was super excited to show me something and dragged me to the kitchen. There, she unveiled a whole drawer of spices. We're talking 20-30 different types of whole/crushed/powdered spices, neatly stored in glass bottles and labelled. I asked why she needed so many spices, and she replied, "To cook Indian food, silly!"

I told her that I didn't like Indian food, and she told me not to worry, she wouldn't force me to eat anything. That it's just for her meals, and that she'd made separate meals for me. I asked her if she could simply not cook Indian food at all in our house, because the smell is so pungent, and if she'd cook regular food instead. She told me that Indian food is regular food for her, and I'm going to have to get used to it. I insisted, and she said that she'll only consider giving up cooking Indian food if I give up cooking meat at home (she's vegetarian), because she doesn't like the smell of meat being cooked.

I told her that it was an unfair ask because she never objected when I cooked with meat at my apartment. She told me that she's only demanding that I give it up because I'm doing the same thing to her. I got quite mad and told her she was being extremely unreasonable as I need meat (I work out a lot and I need the protein), but she doesn't need to eat Indian food all the time and can order takeout if she craves it. She told me that restaurants are not very good where we live, and that it's unhealthy to eat takeout every day. We ended up arguing for a while, and now we're not talking to each other

AITA for insisting that she doesn't cook with spices?

What a dipshit.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Gaslighting by burning actual gas. Impressive.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Bargearse posted:

I'm genuinely shocked anyone's heard of that movie outside of Australia

It was big in the UK, not as big as Priscilla or Cell Block H mind.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

quote:

But Lewis has told me that he and Rosetta would be moving in with Chelsea (Since her apartment is the only one that has enough space for them to live together without feeling like they lack space). This freaked me out, because Chelsea lives over thirty minutes away, and I don't want those two women taking my son away from me and my husband any further than they already have.

Lol, let your son live in his weird polycule. He's 20, its not like it's ever going to last.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
I find life is a lot easier when you eliminate all the messy drama lovers from your social group. Here's my life experience 19f.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
What happens if you aren't in the HOA or just ignore their rules, are there any tangible consequences?

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

DEKH posted:

Homeowner associations...

Welp, glad I live in a country where these aren't a thing, and the worst that can happen is some curtain twitcher complains on the community Facebook page.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

pentyne posted:

Girlfriend yelled something odd during coitus and it is bothering me

Guess the spoiler

Some things you just have to roll with.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
They should all chip in together to buy an old mansion or hotel, and raise a hundred kids in a big weird poly commune.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Just going to this small local restaurant with a big group of people, in a global recession caused by a disease that has put many similar establishments out of business... WHY IS THIS CREEP BEING SO NICE TO US?!

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Ugh a foot rasp costs like $5 dude.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
That kids more English than her.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
She's lucky she's not in the UK because these days if you say you're English, you get arrested and thrown in jail.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
It's called Porky Pigging.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

MarcusSA posted:

A what now?

She accused him of using a late 19th century art style derived from the French impressionism movement.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for not putting my husband's children in my will?

Jack is threatening to leave me over this.

Lmao at least that would solve the inheritance problem. You should just let it happen lady.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Captain Hygiene posted:

I (30F) just learnt that my BF (30M) and his family have been receiving death threats from the past 10 years, and I'm seriously contemplating ending our relationship

Must suck to be getting married to AJ Soprano.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Kuiperdolin posted:

I don't have an ipad but I just rubbed my sam sung on my face and it's not scratchy at all? Just baffling

My partners phone screen is so shattered that it would maybe work as an abrasive.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Good going kid, I hope the lesson was learned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Thats just guys being dudes.