Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

if havana syndrome is really a russian attack beam, then based on those cases in the 90s, they already won.

if this really was the attack they claim, then russians have already destroyed an entire generation of american spooks and diplomats.

the entire foreign service getting early onset parkinsons in 10 years would cripple our ability to maintain our empire in a way no amount of wars can undo.

so even if the russian mind beams are real, it is too late to stop them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Hedenius posted:

By googling studies on Havana Syndrome I found out that a bunch of Canadian diplomats in Havana started showing symptoms similar to the Americans around the same time back in 2016. A Canadian study was published in 2019: Havana Syndrome Among Canadian Diplomats: Brain Imaging Reveals Acquired Neurotoxicity.

So exposure to organophosphorus insecticides could explain all symptoms associated with Havana Syndrome? And Havana Syndrome first appeared just after Cuba tried to combat the spread of the Zika virus by mass indoor and outdoor fumigations? And reports of symptoms increased dramatically when fumigations were done in and around the houses of the Canadian staff?

But I'm sure it's a Russian brain ray.

inhaling a bunch of insecticide makes sense to me, but otoh who do we get to bomb if it turns out diplomats and spies just love huffing roundup?

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

vyelkin posted:

inhaling a bunch of insecticide makes sense to me, but otoh who do we get to bomb if it turns out diplomats and spies just love huffing roundup?

Iran.

No further questions.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

vyelkin posted:

Monsanto.

animist
Aug 28, 2018

Trabisnikof posted:

if havana syndrome is really a russian attack beam, then based on those cases in the 90s, they already won.

if this really was the attack they claim, then russians have already destroyed an entire generation of american spooks and diplomats.

the entire foreign service getting early onset parkinsons in 10 years would cripple our ability to maintain our empire in a way no amount of wars can undo.

so even if the russian mind beams are real, it is too late to stop them

we're doing a perfectly good job destroying our empire without Russian involvement tbh

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lva8L-J8x04

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

animist posted:

we're doing a perfectly good job destroying our empire without Russian involvement tbh
That's because your entire leadership has been lobotomized by the Russians!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/SecBlinken/status/1456728461599465480?s=20
https://twitter.com/SecBlinken/status/1456729907954921478?s=20

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

You know how some websites require security questions on your account to reset your password or whatever? Well one of the worst security questions you can have is "What is your favorite restaurant?" because in the USA everyone just says McDonald's. 80%+ of the time this will be the answer for a US based customer, so we had to get rid of it as a security question.

Anyway I am coming around on the theory that most of havana syndrome is just American metabolism breaking down when it is away from a steady supply of fat and salt and corn syrup and they just stop eating or have to adapt to real food for the first time ever.

animist
Aug 28, 2018

Pryor on Fire posted:

You know how some websites require security questions on your account to reset your password or whatever? Well one of the worst security questions you can have is "What is your favorite restaurant?" because in the USA everyone just says McDonald's. 80%+ of the time this will be the answer for a US based customer, so we had to get rid of it as a security question.

Anyway I am coming around on the theory that most of havana syndrome is just American metabolism breaking down when it is away from a steady supply of fat and salt and corn syrup and they just stop eating or have to adapt to real food for the first time ever.

like when you take a blobfish out of the deep sea and it explodes :hmmyes:

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
they spent millions in Afghanistan to helicopter in cold Burger King to FOBs

baby nation

baby military

baby diplomats

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Dr. Killjoy posted:

they spent millions in Afghanistan to helicopter in cold Burger King to FOBs

might actually be worth it, if they weren't lovely food

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
The only way it would be worth it is if the hamburgers caused Havana syndrome.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
*Freddie Mercury voice* I'm havana syndrome! havana syndrome!

space chandeliers
Apr 8, 2008

brunchausen's syndrome

animist
Aug 28, 2018

space chandeliers posted:

brunchausen's syndrome

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

brunchausen's syndrome

:discourse:

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

brunchausen's syndrome

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

I was having a conversation with some folks down the street and they said that the reason all the animals escaped the 2006 tsunami was because of Havana Syndrome can anyone corroborate??

CaptainACAB
Sep 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of Langley
Your posts give me Havana syndrome

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

CIA just doesn't want anyone of us to Havana of it, hence the denial.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

60 Minutes is running an amazing story on Havana Syndrome tonight

Biggest revelation is that John Bolton has Havana Syndrome, and so does one Trump cabinet official

A CIA guy said that Havana Syndrome doubters are gaslighting the survivors

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Atrocious Joe posted:

Biggest revelation is that John Bolton has Havana Syndrome, and so does one Trump cabinet official

lol havana syndrome is gonna turn out to be long covid

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/60Minutes/status/1495561171344232449?s=20&t=2OADFeNBNR_Ng_vlX0JZRw
https://twitter.com/60Minutes/status/1495560718548152326?s=20&t=2OADFeNBNR_Ng_vlX0JZRw

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

microwaves do not in fact go through practically everything, that's why we use them to cook food

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJeFmofhzgw

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
yeah i'm havana

havana roni

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Oh my god, they're still going.

Holy loving poo poo, COVID is over but this is still real. Ahahaha

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Atrocious Joe posted:

Did they explain why Cuba was risking a war by using a secret weapon on sr trump officials or did that minor detail escape the fine people at CBS news

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

I watched my bag of popcorn popping too closely now I got the Vana

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
I wonder why the people struck with a microwave weapon powerful enough to affect the brain don't have any physical symptoms like burns on the skin or damage to brain tissue

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

spacemang_spliff posted:

I wonder why the people struck with a microwave weapon powerful enough to affect the brain don't have any physical symptoms like burns on the skin or damage to brain tissue

....but they do?

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Cpt_Obvious posted:

....but they do?

Worms don't count

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Yeah I've got Havana

Healthy
rear end
Vexing
A
Noob's
rear end

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Atrocious Joe posted:

Feds know how to speak Karenese.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

ikanreed posted:

Oh my god, they're still going.

Holy loving poo poo, COVID is over but this is still real. Ahahaha

i bet next time the government needs to do any sort of covid response they just claim its actually widespread havana syndrome

also it'll be used to justify a war on someone

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
i think the funniest outcome is they determine Havana Syndrome is real when everyone in the CIA dies from having too much diarrhoea

TheGoonspiracist
Jul 24, 2002

The terrible secret of space... :stonk: the Mods, they knew!

blatman posted:

i bet next time the government needs to do any sort of covid response they just claim its actually widespread havana syndrome

also it'll be used to justify a war on someone
What if it was Havana syndrome all along...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
You don't think it's funnier that Americas broken healthcare system has led it's entire intelligence apparatus is in the thrall is quacks