Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
cmon, someone do some insane poo poo

im fuckin backed up over here, i need it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

GoGoGadget posted:

You guys are missing my point, and it seems like you're doing so willingly to get your drama quota or something. I said they were never in the game. Not that they were never in planning stages. There is a difference. The reason I brought it up is because every few pages or so someone comes in with a drive-by post with some dumb rumor they heard that just isn't true at all, implying they were in the game and.only taken out recently or late in the process.

I don't in any way deny that there were planning stages where natives were a thing. Sorry to deny you your drama.

cmon. Meltdown. Gimme gimme. Say something fuckin nuts. I’m in DTs over here. I’m sick. I need you to say some crazy poo poo.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Ad by Khad posted:

i'm enjoying the video game

HELL YEA

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

lol so what’s this about auctions not giving you money if you’re offline lol

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Lol

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

I’m hard refreshing this thread like it’s gonna post the winning lottery numbers. I’m so fuckin turgid

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Sounds like fun.

Post more bugs though

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Kill All Cops posted:

has there been a launch so loving disastrous that new servers were needed to contain demand yet compounding bugs lead to a complete desertion of the player base and all but the most staunchest of supporters.

loving currency trading being disabled in a game where theres no NPC vendors is just the cherry on top of the poo poo everest

this poo poo is gonna have to go a new realm reborn again and more, cos jfc

as long as they follow the Amazon Values they are sure to succeed. Because Jeff Bezos is a genius and not just a lucky merciless piece of poo poo.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Hey mods just ban the transphobe. Like, why hold back.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

triple sulk posted:

lol and lmao

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Discospawn posted:

I never know how to suggest this without sounding condescending, but people who were happy with New World often sound like people who would be blown away by Cookie Clicker.

Don’t hold back. Treat New World havers like pariahs, as if they have a commutable sex disease.

I want you to shame them and their heritage.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

this game would probably have been better if it wasn’t an MMO

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

peter gabriel posted:

It isn't to me now the trading posts are shitcanned it's literally no different to a wonky Skyrim

lol lmao

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

I don’t know what memeing is anymore. AGS has taken my words from me and I lay silent.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

blatman posted:

dumb outsider question: does that mean there's no point to buying gear off the auction house now?

No, it means there’s no point of anything. It’s going to be dead except for two or three mega guilds vying for the same three houses on a server populated by mostly bots.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

I'm 100% voting for New World

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Ad by Khad posted:

watermark aint being reset

there was a bug when server transfers were new that transferring servers would reset your wm but thats long fixed

i'm not voting for nw to win any game awards but i'm ready to lol and lmao if it gets one

you should absolutely vote for New World because its the funniest possible thing.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Vulpes posted:

Does the hilarity cancel out the fact that Jeff will make mega-:10bux: if they win

Imagine instead that he reinvests a billion dollars into his games division because it’s such a success! And then we get at least one more round of lol lmao

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Destiny might’ve caused more problems for the gaas mindset than it solved. It Made clear the dismal hell it puts you and your developers in.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Lol I’m sure that if it was a pvp game it would’ve been successful. Yes that was the issue lol.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

BadLlama posted:

I wish pvp games got as much money and support that new world got over the last 18 months but instead we get small sub $10 million dollar budgets then people go lol see pvp doesn't work.

Alas hopefully New World will be a warning to other that you should probably either stick to your vision or just completely scrap your poo poo rather than trying to some loving weird complete course correction in 1.5 years.

open world pvp is bad. No one who isn’t the one ganking likes it. And if you are one of the rare people who enjoys the potential for pvp funnies, there are like 18 of you tops. I’m sorry. You will never get a game with more than 10 million dollar budget in your lifetime. And even then battle Royales have solved the open world pvp formula by resetting it every game. So anyone who is gonna make a persistent world with open pvp is just gonna make a Battle Royale anyways.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

BadLlama posted:

You are 100% wrong but it is okay to keep telling the world no one likes it if it makes you feel better.

Lol eat my rear end bitch.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

BadLlama posted:

When and where?

:butts:

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Merrill Grinch posted:

Reset the New World thread meltdown clock.

lol you need higher standards for meltdowns. This thread has given some of the greatest meltdowns in MMOHMO history. You deserve better.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

I wish to have honourable combat with an able opponent! I will challenge you in an orderly fashion at the crossroads where we shall see who is the duke of the PvP.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

NeurosisHead posted:

That's for sure true, but for me at least I feel a lot less salty about it when I walk away from the loss feeling like I learned something.

I learn something every time too: Open World PVP MMOs must be destroyed.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

I miss the New World messes. Someone please cause another New World mess.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Game is sitting at 112,000+ people playing right now. That is still a significant drop from 90 days ago where it launched at 950,000+ players, but it's also not the sinking ship that people think this MMO is either. This is still in the top 5 most played Steam games.

Lol if you say so

Let’s see what happens when they put the squeeze to them

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Lol

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Hell yes I Love to acquire fifty five desperate loners and exploit them for everything they are worth. This is definitely a game with a bright future. Don’t listen to the haters!

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

The unanimously agreed upon sign for a dead MMO is someone posting in the thread “lol remember Wildstar?”

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Turambar posted:

Just logged in after a few days of inactivity.

I can't think of any reason for this. I don't chat, PVP, grief or do anything remotely shady as far as I know. Lvl 41 after about 70 hours.

Time to hit the Appeal Decision button.

unless you are lying

Lol lmao

this is worth at least 3 movie tickets by my estimation

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Ort posted:

Sounds like they are adding M+ with difficulty ranging from 1-10 for expeditions. Despite the bugs and stuff this game adds content faster than most MMO launches I’ve seen in recent years, with pretty major updates every single month since release.

Well if you start with zero content this logic is flawless!

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Evil_Greven posted:

Perhaps people enjoy different things?
I tried WoW a couple of times and never played more than a week, because it was not fun for me.
I managed quite a lot longer in WildStar.

Wow sucks, but this is one of the most insane things I’ve ever seen posted on this website.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

arbybaconator posted:

Someone start a Wildstar thread

This is the Wildstar thread now

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

I grinded for a million hours some dumb poo poo treant in EQ in south Karana for a part to a totemic chest piece that I replaced almost immediately afterwards.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Anita Dickinme posted:

It’s really not and they’re actively adding more and more content but okay.

How could anyone possibly see this game failing? We can only go up from here!

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

I’ve turned a corner. I’ve now decided this will be the most popular mmo by an exponential degree in two years. Nothing will come close to it and it will continue to be a diabolical heap of trash with no content. It will just acquire millions of players with no reasonable reason for playing. It’s like wandering into the woods and getting trapped there and slowly turning into a skull kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Everyone’s gone and playin Windjammers 2 instead of new world