Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

probably picking this up because its really hard to find any new shooters that arent battle royale and i was one of those wierdos that mostly enjoyed cold war despite the lovely matchmaking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Mister Facetious posted:

It really is too bad the lovely matchmaking ruined the best looking, sounding, and feeling Call of Duty game they've ever made. Maybe Activision will learn from that...

... but probably not.

the matchmaking sucks but i think it would be more tolerable if the anti-cheat is effective. id like to be certain im getting my rear end kicked because the other person is better than me and not cause they have a cronus zen or some other bullshit.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

im liking this so far. blitz pacing all day every day.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

man the recoil is pretty nuts on the guns. i was pretty good with the dmr and type 63 in cold war but im flailing all over the place with the garand.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

LGD posted:

wait till you get the svt40, it starts at like unpatched, on-release MW2019 FAL levels (though at least it’s a OHK to the head)

marksmen rifles seem really rough, though like I said it’s impossible to draw accurate conclusions from the initial experience

just got the svt40 and drat thats alot of recoil. im on kbm so i dunno how bad it is on controller but its tough to control and keep on target with how fast everyone moves

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

my favorite marksman rifle so far is one of the sniper rifles with a normal sight on it

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

fit em all up in there posted:

How has your guys lobby experiences been this weekend? Lots of sweats ?

so far ive been getting a few sliding ninja jumping smg dudes in my games but i havent run into anything too bad. also i feel like blitz pacing helps just from the huge number of people in the game making it tough to consistantly pop off.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

ive been getting a bit better with the svt40 and it doesnt happen often but damm it feels good to straight up delete 3 dudes rushing at you with smgs

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

i got the barrel attachment and vital for the svt and its insane. im going to enjoy the hell out of this before they nerf it.

also patrol is a great game mode

ASenileAnimal fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Nov 8, 2021

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

CitizenKain posted:

I really like the MG42, so many people will just run into the bullet hose.

i like using the perk that lets you carry 2 primary weapons just for those moments where someone chases you on a reload thinking its an easy kill only to get mowed down by your 2nd lmg.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

yea i dont mind if alot of the guns are kinda busted. like facing a team with alot of ninja sliding jumpshotting mp40 sweats sucks way less when i can oneshot them with my svt or counter with some other busted gun.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Bardeh posted:

I like that the maps are designed better than MW so people are discouraged to camp (and claymores aren't a thing) but people will still do their absolute best to try. Wanna loving twist the ears of these nerds who spend the entire match in a corner or snipe spot.

i got killed a bunch of times on demyansk by this same dude who spent the entire match crouching inside an outhouse by the a capture point. i kept forgetting he was there after fighting my way across the map and i was actually impressed at how dedicated he was to staying in that shithouse.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

CuddleCryptid posted:

I have no idea why people use such tricked out STG44s when the Automaton is a laser through and through.

the bar is also really accurate if you can put up with the slow fire rate

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Incendiary ammo needs a drawback, having an option that's just objectively an upgrade is no fun.

i thought incendiary wasent that great when i tried it and usually stick to fmj rounds for shooting through walls better.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

LGD posted:

it's very good :wink:

game definitely has the MW2 vibe of balance-via-everything-being-busted

lol that rules

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

CuddleCryptid posted:

Im having a lot of trouble with marksman rifles, they don't seem to have a lot of utility compared to the ARs because the recoil is so incredible and you have to really wrestle it back into position for a follow up shot. Maybe it's just a matter of attachments, but I've been mostly using the rifles just because one shotting people when you land a headshot is incredibly funny, but for practical fighting it loses to the Automaton almost every time.

The weird thing is that the weapons like the Garand are best at almost melee ranges because your two shot still lands quickly even despite the recoil.

svt is an awesome oneshot machine with the right attachments but you are absolutely hosed if you miss.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Trump posted:

That applies to all maps. They need to do something about it, because if one team gets the upper hand early, the other team is in a world of screen shake and unavoidable insta-death.

ive had so many moments where i snuck up on people and the screen shake just as i was about to shoot caused me to miss and get killed

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

givepatajob posted:

I agree and support this opinion. Incendiary rounds on the combat shotgun makes people lose their minds.

i dont understand how cod players could be ok with quickscoping ninjas deleting entire teams at all ranges but get so insanely mad over shotguns. theyre not even a threat if you can stay out of range.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

CuddleCryptid posted:

Now that I have some attachments and a short range scope the SVT-40 is actually hilarious. Just bam bam bam in doorways and half the time you end up with red hitmarks.

ive been using the svt the most so far. its not always ideal but godamn does it feel badass when your aim is on and you can drop 3 smg dudes in a close quarter fight.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Trump posted:

Lol right now trying to run anything but a meta laser is an exercise in pain. Every server is dominated by a handful of chuds getting 2 or 3 times as many kills as the rest of the top 5 players on each team.

ive been doing ok against them with my current strategy of carrying the 2 lmgs with the most bullets and using the wallhack perk with fmj rounds to spray at walls. mg42 also has surprisingly easy to control recoil at long range.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Nailing a camping sniper through a window with a Panzerfaust and hearing them fill their diaper in the death mic is one of the best feelings in CoD. Made some dude literally quit yesterday because I got him 4 times in a row and messed up his K/D ratio and he never considered moving to a different spot.

is the panzerfaust the best launcher for taking out players? i had alot of fun in cold war running the rpg7 as a main weapon. it was surprisingly effective and hilarious when alot of the enemy team wasent running flak jackets.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

hell yeah. next time i play im running scavenger and a launcher.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

play of the game is in a really funny state. ive seen quite a few where its just someone walking and they get shot and killed.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

godamnit scavenger doesnt refill rocket launcher ammo what the hell

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

moist turtleneck posted:

Dammit I was gonna try that with the grenade launcher tonight

all the busted poo poo in this game and they wont let me fire rockets forever

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

i would like a map filter too. or at the very least an "everything except red star" playlist. i can never see poo poo on that map. also gently caress sub pens too.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

dear matchmaking system,

im flattered you think so highly of me but please stop throwing me into games against a bunch of partied up clan dudes

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

thank you 24/7 shipment playlist fot helping me do the "get 100 hipfire kills with all the attachments that make hipfire bad" camo challenges

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

i hate the last 3 camo challenges that make you use certain attachments. the lmg longshot one is killing me

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

big nipples big life posted:

got a play of the game today where it was just a guy standing in the corner reloading 1 mag in slow mo. truly epic.

i got a play of the game where i was immediately shot and killed and it was kind of embarrassing.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Skyarb posted:

I'm gonna need some broken builds stat. Gotta know what to work towards. I've seen the talk about the the svd, what else is busted?

any gun with the vital perk will be broken once you get that perk.

lmgs with fmj rounds and the wallhack perk is my favorite so far. great for flushing out campers and keeping a team pinned down.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Skyarb posted:

Thanks guys. Can any of the launchers be used to take down spy planes? Or is it just lmgs for that purpose? Does fmj do more damage to planes?

fmj helps with shooting through walls. i think you want armor piercing for shooting down planes. you can shoot down planes with launchers but its really tough and probably better to shoot at enemy players with them.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Jimbot posted:

Does Modern Warfare have spawn camping issues?

Just had the most garbage match on Bocage where people with silence lasers just kept everyone in the spawn. I left after my 5th spawn kill but it was something around the lines of they had 3x as many points as we did and their top player had like 38 eliminations to our 19. Maybe I was too hasty in saying I liked this game, this poo poo is ridiculous. I don't know, if I were the game I'd probably spawn the team on the opposite point, the one not being camped to death, to keep things interesting. Alas, such tech only exists in our most magical dreams.

sometimes youre just going to have games where you get destroyed and there isent much you can do about it. you were probably playing against an organized group that were communicating with eachother or some reverse boosting pubstomper guys that game the matchmaking system so they end up playing in lobbies way below their skill level.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

i cant use the bren because i cant keep my aim straight from laughing at how dumb it looks. also it blocks so much of the screen you can barely see anything.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Jimbot posted:

They pulled the event but double exp is still in effect so go hog for those guns you wanna level up. So what's a good gun to level up that isn't one of the usual suspects that everyone uses. I've been trying out the Volkswagon AR and that's pretty good. Same with the NZ-41, which looks rad. Anyone have a favorite that tends to be overlooked by most of the people playing?

the bar is very good despite its slow fire rate. its accurate over long distances and can 2shot with 50cal mags. the thompson is really fun if you want to do a hipfire build too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

priznat posted:

Getting back into cod/warzone, how is zombies and MP on vanguard? I was thinking of getting it on the sale. Is the MP closer to MW or cold war black ops?

Also the Caldera TDM mode in warzone kicks rear end. Still too hard to unlock the Welgun and Cooper carbine in that mode for me though :sigh:

theres a team deathmatch mode in warzone now? i never bothered with it because i dont like BR games but that sounds awesome.