Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Coxswain Balls posted:

How are the self-hosted alternatives to Google Photos doing these days? I've been using it since it came with my Pixel phone but the free unlimited storage has long since expired, and I told myself that once I started getting close to the storage limit I'd finally get off of it and roll my own. The thing I like the most is being able to search "birds" and get all my pictures of birds using whatever ML algorithm they're using. With AI stuff becoming more widespread is that something alternatives are able to do these days? I'll probably be running it on my TrueNAS box.

I've heard immich is really really good but haven't tried installing it. In the process of trying to get my Google takeout photos into a place to import into a new platform (combining the json with the date and exif data) and am trying Memories in Nextcloud as a replacement. Will let you know how it goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Motronic posted:

I'm still using NextCloud and their terrible photo browser on a computer and "Les Pas" on my phone. It's not a great solution.

I haven't tried immich in a while. It's very promising, but very incomplete. It's probably worth a try for you )(and for me to see how far they've gotten since the last time I tried it).

The more mature one is PhotoPrism. Which bafflingly doesn't have any concept of "users". There were also some other annoyances that may have risen to the level of deal killer for me, but I don't recall them. It may very well work for you - we've all got different requirements.

Check out memories for NC, it's quite nice

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Motronic posted:

Wow, thanks! I did almost nothing other than install and index - it's using all the preview generation and face rec I already had. It's so much better than "Photos". How is this not the default photo app in NC?

There's some other things to set up for handling places (geolocation) and some other things. But it's really solid. Save the bookmark to your desktop and it's basically an app

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

gariig posted:

What are you using to combing the json and exif data? Been wanting to do a Google Takeout of my photos to make a backup of them.

https://metadatafixer.com/how-it-works

I have 74 5GB zip files from my Photos Takeout. I did the demo which will merge 100 of them and it came out just what I needed so have it churning right now on the whole dataset after purchasing them. So cannot give it a confirmed thumbs up just yet, but so far I’m optimistic it’ll do what I need it to.

Then I have a perl script that a goon in another thread gave me that will go through and remove duplicate photos based on its hash. Which I think will be important as Google Photos seems to double up the photos if it exists in an album, but not sure.

It’s a giant unwieldy mess and I regret stopping managing my photos on a file level and just using other programs to visualize it. Now I’m left un-loving whatever it’s done. On top of reducing the quality of many photos.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

TraderStav posted:

https://metadatafixer.com/how-it-works

I have 74 5GB zip files from my Photos Takeout. I did the demo which will merge 100 of them and it came out just what I needed so have it churning right now on the whole dataset after purchasing them. So cannot give it a confirmed thumbs up just yet, but so far I’m optimistic it’ll do what I need it to.

Then I have a perl script that a goon in another thread gave me that will go through and remove duplicate photos based on its hash. Which I think will be important as Google Photos seems to double up the photos if it exists in an album, but not sure.

It’s a giant unwieldy mess and I regret stopping managing my photos on a file level and just using other programs to visualize it. Now I’m left un-loving whatever it’s done. On top of reducing the quality of many photos.

Following up on this. Had a lot of issues with this app freezing up but the problem was that I was trying to work either the input or the output with a network drive. My 1TB HD on my MBP didn't have enough space for both the Zips or the output. I found in my backroom an old enclosure and 1TB drive and operated it from there (yet another reason I get to tell my wife why I don't throw this stuff out) just perfectly. Running the dupe script now and then will throw at my Nextcloud photos directory.

I expect it to work and at this point can really recommend this product. For the cost, it solved a lot of headaches. A more technical person probably can craft a script to merge the jsons themselves, but I coudn't be assed to do it.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Nitrousoxide posted:

I especially like how it has a tool to properly import any google photos yaml metadata to the exif metadata on photos and the geolocator is nice to browse through.

What's this now?? I just spent a ton of time (and $24) getting my exif metadata merged with the actual photos taken out of Google Takeout.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Mr. Crow posted:

tried memories. nextcloud is still utter dog doodoo. photos has no way to select multiple folders and/or exclude folders, how is this feature complete in 2023? also memories app doesn't work with self signed certs. lol

its actually incredible how bad nextcloud and its ecosystem is.

anyway i finally tried Immich and its basically bulletproof. some minor quirks still but they seem to be actively developing it and it more or less works ootb

I have Memories working just fine with my instance of SWAG. I'm not very good at troubleshooting though, just followed a SpaceInvaderOne tutorial.

For Immich, I wanted to try it but there wasn't a nice tutorial or turnkey way to install from the Community Apps store on Unraid. I'm pretty inept at command line dockering so gave up, it's very interesting to me though and would love to give it a try provided I had a good guide to get it going on my Unraid sever.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Does there exist a Nextcloud solution that replicates a 'Vault' such as Dropbox and OneDrive utilize? By this I mean a folder that when you go to access it requires a pin/passcode to view the contents, which are encrypted normally. I would like to store some sensitive documents (Epstein's list, for those curious) that would make it much more difficult to access in the rare event of an intrusion/hack.

Basic googling isn't helping, so appreciate any nudges in the right direction. Feels like a problem/feature that would have been incorporated somehow already either natively or through an add-on.

Thanks in advance!

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Got a question about media management. A long time ago I set up a separate instance of sonarr and radarr to only grab 4K releases. The thinking was that due to the size and transcoding for external users, I'd primarily get everything I wanted in 1080p, then get the really good stuff in 4K. Problem was, for the longest time there was hardly ever anything available to download.

Turns out, I needed to change some settings for the indexer to include the right categories. I had Movies/TV - HD selected, with no other options available and that was too restrictive. I checked the box for all TV/Movies (separate for each program) and let my profiles restrict to 2160p+. Bingo bango, I'm now flooded with content in 4K.

The question that I have is, am I way overthinking this? Is maintaining two separate libraries (My Plex has a Movies Section, and a 4K movies section, which external users do not have access to the 4K) stupid and transcoding should be no big deal? Should I download everything (let's pretend infinite hard drive storage for this question) at the highest quality and let Plex sort it out?

Or is it actually a big deal and my system (dual Xeon® CPU E5-2643 v3 @ 3.40GHz, no GPU support) would probably choke on the transcoding to 1080p or lower for external users? I am in the hunt to upgrade my system, so the same question would apply toward a more modern system assuming I hit an appropriate minimum compute power (within reasonable cost).

Thanks in advance!

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Azhais posted:

You can tell Plex to auto transcode everything and store it with the original download. That way both versions are available in the same library. Saves the concern with your system not being able to keep up with transcoding. Does have disk space implications tho

Ah, okay. So the transcoding takes place up front and then just serves it up when necessary. Is there a good rule of thumb as to what level is appropriate to transcode to for serving up content on American broadband? I'm rated for 35mpbs total upload if that helps to answer.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

THF13 posted:

Two management options to consider if you wanted to keep your 2 sonarr/radarr instances setup.
There's a tool called called syncarr that lets you sync two instances, so if you added something to your 4k radarr it would also add it to the normal radarr.
You also could set up overseerr/jellyseerr, which supports a separate 4k instance of radarr/sonarr and will let you request and add media to any of them from its single interface.

Cool, I may check those out. I don't mind managing two sets of *arr apps though. Good to know there's some other tools out there to consider though!

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

cruft posted:

Does anyone else ever get the feeling it's the same three dozen goons in every thread they've bookmarked?

What can I say, I'm prolific. No, I will not stop posting.

e: I looked at your posting history to see what other threads we could be bumping into eachother on, thanks to that I see that there is a Plex thread I was unaware of. So I just added one more for you to see my posts in. Thanks!

TraderStav fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Jan 12, 2024

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

gariig posted:

I'd probably pick around ~7 mbps. However, it's really dependent on how many concurrent streams you need to serve. If you need to serve 10 at a time 7 mbps is going to blow out your upload and bring your Plex service down. Also, your dual Xeon® CPU E5-2643 v3 @ 3.40GHz is probably not enough to do h265->h264, 4k->1080p, and tone map HDR->SDR that's a lot of computational power needed.

It's only a handful of people, so it'd be like 3-4 max I think at any given time.

Thanks for laying out some of the technical things to look for when building a new machine. I think I'll start speccing out a new Unraid box to set up for better handling this. From what I am hearing you say, with a new build I should be able to serve up transcoding on the fly 4K->1080p to for these 3-4 people. In that event, I would only keep the highest quality file in the library and let the transcoding take it from there.

Any recommended resources for hardware to look at to do this? I think my only requirement is that it needs to be able to take my LSI card so I can connect to my JBOD. Everything else should reasonably be taken care of by the demands of transcoding. I made a list the other day of things my machine is currently doing and would need in the future. Think the hurdle is the transcoding:
code:
- Storage: Currently using 38TB, have extra 26TB in space, dual 14TB parity
- NZB Downloading (sab, sonarr, radarr, etc.)
- Plex
	- Transcoding 3-4 max multiple streams, mostly external, direct internal
	- 4K playback locally
- Crashplan/cloud backup
- Duckdns
- Nextcloud
- piHole
- swag/reverse proxy
- Tailscale
- Time Machine target
- Lightweight Windows VM
- Home Assistant
- Capability for more VMs as needed (Linux, etc.)
- Backup targets for other machines in house

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Separate note: my exuberance got the best of me. On my 4K versions of Sonarr/Radarr, I went through and added all the stuff I'd like to have in 4K, marking them to search for missing episodes (everything). This sent ~7TB to my sabNZBD. As it seems the 4K downloads take a lot longer for post-processing/copying on my server (perhaps due to the aforementioned older processor?) I have about 50 downloads that are in 'waiting' mode while they individually unpack and then get moved from the Downloads Share to the Media share. This I/O bottleneck has me micromanaging the queue as my gigabit speed greatly outpaces the ability of machine to post-process.

E: We have a winter storm coming our way with gusty winds, please god do not let the power go out and completely bork this process.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Variable 5 posted:

There's a setting in Sabnzbd to pause downloads while completed ones are being processed.

Cheers, thank you! Just enabled that

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Mr. Crow posted:

i keep wanting to try usenet and see what the hubub is about then they want you to pay for access and im just like EHHHHHHHH Ill stick to private sites

Never having to touch torrents again is sooo worth $20/year

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

I've never given any of the indexers my payment information.

I did realize the other day that it's been like 5 years since I set up my indexer sites and have no idea if half are defunct. Hate to start from scratch if all got tits up but so far they're chugging along.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Corb3t posted:

Privacy.com
Paypal.com

Paid for a Lifetime membership to NZBGeek back in 2015, no complaints, no scary Russian propaganda.
I've had an NZB.su (that SkEtChY Russian site with hammer and sickle favicon) account since 2011.
Drunkenslug has been around for a long time too.

Think I have those but not [REDACTED]. No idea how many are used regularly or not. Sounds like there's been some institutionalization occurring.

TraderStav fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jan 13, 2024

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Corb3t posted:

So I do all my media requests through mobile Overseerr/Jellyseerr connected to Plex/Jellyfin + Sonarr + Radarr + Bazarr + Prowlarr, connected to Sabnzbd using Frugal Usenet with NZBGeek and Drunkenslug as indexers, all on unraid. Pretty hands off, my requests download in minutes and Plex refreshes instantly. Throw in Tautulli if you want to monitor Plex streaming among friends.

We also do a lot of streaming account sharing with friends but hard to beat the convenience of Overseerr when it’s so hands off.

Is Prowlarr similar to nzbhydra? Trying to sort out how it fits in, otherwise.

I seem to have to use Infuse on my AppleTV to play the 4K content more reliably than with Plex. Is this a common workaround and why doesn't Plex work as well? Slow Horses S01E01 had audio but no video in Plex, played perfectly with Infuse off of my Plex library.

bobfather posted:

Some of these sites don’t like to be named in public forums.

I'll go back and redact, thanks!

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Matt Zerella posted:

Prowlarr is nzbhydra with tighter integration into the Arr apps. I like it a lot more than Hydra. E: it also adds Jackett like functionality for torrent trackers so one less thing to run.

Sweet! Will check it out. Not really having any complaints with nzbhydra at the moment, so maybe don't need to upset the applecart. Are you able to provide an example of how the tighter integration with -arr apps works?

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Follow-up question about overseer. How are you handling the requests from friends/family. Do you have them going into a separate library or have one gen-pop library for everything?

For a long while I had my brother having access to my Plex and he and his family had the ABSOLUTE worst taste in TV/Movies and I just got absolutely sick of scrolling through the lowest quality of content you can imagine. Perhaps maybe I have the mental model of this is my library that I'm sharing with others, rather than cultivating a collection of whatever everyone else needs.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Corb3t posted:

I've have had to put some limits in place for specific users so they won't request too many seasons of a tv show or whatever, and a friend of mine requests a lot of kids media so I spun off a "Kids Movie" library and he is smart enough to select the library when he's making his requests.

I also have a library for Live Performances, Live Comedy, Master Class, and Wrasslin'.

Infuse is great, make sure you get the Test Flight beta so you can use direct library mode for your Plex library and not require a bunch of player-side caching that would often bog Infuse down. Before direct library mode, I would use Plex's native app 90% of the time, and I can't say I've had many issues with anything I've thrown at it, but Infuse is a little better at handling some spatial audio properly - I think it's worth the $10 a year.

Ah, they can select which library to put the request in, that's interesting. I do get requests pretty infrequently now that I booted my brother off of the server (feigning some xfinity contacting me about too much uploads) so probably not something that I need at this time, but good to hear it's a very flexible solution.

Have the annual subscription to Infuse, will have to check out the test version!

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

corgski posted:

(Of course I also run my own mail server and invest a sometimes silly amount of time in it when I could just use sendgrid.)

Do you also pay someone to step on out nuts? This is some real sadist behavior.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Corb3t posted:

Infuse is great, make sure you get the Test Flight beta so you can use direct library mode for your Plex library and not require a bunch of player-side caching that would often bog Infuse down. Before direct library mode, I would use Plex's native app 90% of the time, and I can't say I've had many issues with anything I've thrown at it, but Infuse is a little better at handling some spatial audio properly - I think it's worth the $10 a year.

Think I ran into this problem last night. After about an hour into a 4K linux iso I started getting caching every 10 minutes or so for 15-25 seconds. Ended up moving to the 1080p version as it was messing with the vibe of it. Will check this out today.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Following up on earlier conversations regarding Plex transcoding. Can I please get a recommendation on a solid CPU to build a machine around? Budget is not infinite, but I'm not afraid to spend some cash. All in $700-1000 for a replacement for my current Unraid box (no hard drives needed) unless my needs are indicating I need to increase the budget. I'm just quite confused at the landscape (quicksync?) trying to understand what I should be looking at to get 2-3 4K transcodes going along with all of the other items that I'll be having on my system, which are likely very low powered and may just mean more RAM.

The options as I see them right now would be:
- Keep the older processor UnRaid server as it is right now, but build a new machine with a smaller form factor mini-PC that meets the above requirements for Plex duty alone. Maybe one of those that you can'[t even install a PCI card into. I imagine reading 4K content off of my on-site NAS shouldn't be a bottleneck/concern at all versus being hosted on the same machine as the NAS
- Rebuild it all into a new machine and retire the old one. Which I would get a replacement case and standard form factor so PCI cards (for the raid card for my JBOD) wouldn't be an issue.

Any input is super appreciated. I can sort out all of the appropriate RAM and other items once I identify the target CPU that I should be getting. Thanks!

TraderStav fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Jan 15, 2024

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Kibner posted:

It will require the 6.2 Linux kernel, but the Intel ARC gpu's are fantastic little encoders. Would mean you would not need such as expensive of a CPU. I believe Asrock even make a single slot A310 or A380.

Would you be recommending this solution as a stand alone plex box? Don't necessarily need to go Unraid (which isn't 6.2) if so which opens up options considerably.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

I was in the process of figuring out what the best little mini-PC is to buy to pick up solely my Plex duties (4K transcoding) and realized that I have this little guy sitting around. Reading through some reviews on the processor (Celeron N5105) it sounds like this little guy that do 1-2 4K transcodes without breaking a sweat.

Should I just set this bad boy up and skip purchasing a new one if I probably don't need more than 1-2 4K transcodes at a given time?

I'd probably flash Ubuntu on it, or something else that is easily able to host a Plex docker as turnkey as possible. I love how I manage it on Unraid, but obviously it doesn't make sense to run Unraid on this thing.

Intel NUC 11, NUC11ATKC4 Atlas Canyon Win11 Pro Mini PC Desktop, 8GB DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD, Intel Celeron N5105 Processor, Support HDMI Dual 4K UHD/Bluetooth V5.2/Windows 11 Pro preinstalled

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B8H2DPLY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If that's no good, can I get an opinion on this thing? I believe the cats meow for going into the future is the i5-12xxx, does this fit the bill? Anything else that I'm missing in terms of RAM/etc, I believe the CPU is really the key thing as I'm reading all files off of a NAS

https://www.amazon.com/Beelink-i5-1...T1zcF9hdGY&th=1

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Right on, I'll give it a go. Will start by researching/figuring out the best approach to getting an OS and as dumb simple of a container management system on it as possible. I absolutely adore Unraid's docker management/store for this. Hoping to find a solution that's comparable to it for doing so. Once I have that running, should be trivial to get it running and transferring over data to see how it performs.

I'd just slap Unraid on this box and pay the easy $60 fee to go with what I know, but I believe the limitation is the Linux version for Unraid doesn't support everything needed for transcoding.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Perhaps I'm being obtuse, or was being obtuse. But if I spun up this Ubuntu box to be a dedicated Plex server, any reason for me to use Docker instead of just installing the app that the default Ubuntu install recommends? Just realized that I may be vastly overcomplicating my life here with all this portainer/etc. business. What am I missing that Docker brings in this scenario, provided I'm backing up my Plex settings/data to my NAS?

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Cheers guys. Appreciate that insight. I have a second one of those NUCs lying around and perhaps I'll start offloading some of my other dockers to that one and learn how to do it myself rather than letting a manager do it. Just so I can learn from the ground up. I "get" what docker does and how it works but outside of a tutorial couldn't get to a workable solution.

Plex native install on one.
gently caress around on the other to learn.

All the while unraid plugging away as NAS while I whittle away the services. Sounds perfect.

Cheers! Exciting times (sorry, I love loving around with new to me tech concepts so am a bit giddy)

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Resdfru posted:

One potential benefit to plex in docker is portability. If you decide you want to run it elsewhere you can just move the container stuff over and add your volumes. Though to be fair if you have plex pass (and maybe if you don't?) if you log in it will have most/all of your config already

As I'm running it in a docker on my unraid machine, this is actually attractive.

Perhaps I'll explore the docker version for that reason.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Many will disagree due to vendor lock-in and cost, but I went with UniFi and have absolutely loved their solution.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Motronic posted:

What vendor lock in? I have their APs only and run the controller on a VM of my ESXi box. They're great and the price is right for enterprisy-ish stuff for SOHO. No issues with multiple SSIDs on multiple VLANs, handoff between APs, etc. It all just works seamlessly with the rest of the definitely not Ubiquiti switches and router.

I'm sorry, I maybe need to re-read the original message. I thought it was regarding NVR and camera solutions. I was speaking about the UniFi branded cameras specifically, none of the networking stuff.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Motronic posted:

Oh, you're right....I lost context switching between threads. In any case, their cameras work with anything as well (they can do an RTSP stream). And I believe their NVR can record RTSP streams, making it so any generic camera should work too.

That's great to know, although I haven't felt the need to look at other NVRs or Cameras. Thanks for the correction.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Notion is too close system for my liking. I have also joined the Obsidian camp, but if you stick with any that supports .md then you can easily transfer to any solution.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Quick portainer syntax question. I have a directory on my NAS with two words in the name. Portainer seems to be having difficulty with mounting this for my Plex docker despite trying a few things I've googled to get the spaces in with ASCII/etc. What is the correct way to do this?

For context, the Plex is hosted on a NUC and has mounted the drives from my NAS on my Unraid machine in /media as shown below. All of them work properly when accessing through the terminal and as you can see for some that have two words in the name I mounted them with underscores to get around this. The 'Family Videos' in question is a subdirectory so I cannot change the path for that.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Bit of a long-shot, hoping to get some direction on how to resurrect this issue with dockers on my Unraid.

I replaced a failing parity drive and upon reboot, all of my Dockers and VMs disappeared. I used the Previous Apps function to restore all my dockers and all of them fired back up with no concerns except Nextcloud/Swag/MariaDB. Originally was complaining about not being able to access the database, but that error went away. Seems as if my docker network wasn't preserved and after recreating the connection between Nextcloud/Swag it still does not work. Getting 404 on Nextcloud WebUI when accessing internally and 502 externally. Logs not showing much and all of the .conf files are preserved as they were before.

I used the Spaceinvader One 2022 set up videos for this if that helps. I am at a loss for next steps or what to even google. Almost ready to nuke and re-set up Nextcloud from scratch again, but that is not a trivial thing with all the users/shares/etc. Thanks in advance for any help or direction!

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Thanks all for the responses and apologies for asking a question and going dark. The dockers and such disappearing after drive swap apparently happens enough that there's discussions on the unraid forums for it. I couldn't sort out the connection.

I found that the biggest issue was the deletion of that docker network and no matter how many times I rebuilt and changed settings I just couldn't get nextcloud to boot up even internally.

For what I use it for, I either don't understand how it all works well enough or it's too buggy to use going forward. I need reliability so just going back to Google drive for it.

Separately, I'm having an issue with updating dockers on my NUC running Ubuntu that only hosts portainer and Plex. Got everything working perfect but when I stop Plex to update the container or make any other changes I get an Error 500 and cannot restart it. Rebooting the server it fires right back up so it's as if something with the port assignments or something are conflicting. I'm about to set up watchtower for auto updates but want to get it working manually before automating it. Google not really helping here.

With such a straightforward and simple stack here, I am scratching my head. Any thoughts?

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Motronic posted:

Every time I've gotten a 500 from Portainer it was because the entrypoint. Duplicate/Edit, delete enterypoint field, deploy. May not be what you're running into, but it's probably worth a try.

Yup, that did it! Thank you!

Nitrousoxide posted:

Can you post your compose file (with any secrets you might have redacted of course)?

Where do I locate this in Portainer, been looking and cannot see where to find it. I like these solutions but they do obfuscate this kind of stuff and I want to understand it all more so I can really appreciate the full benefits of docker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

I'm still a few steps behind you all. I don't even know where to find my docker compose files on either Unraid or Portainer. It's all abstracted away in the GUI. I have my appdata and docker files all backed up so can get there, but not sure if the items I'm finding are the docker compose files, or the XML that Unraid works with.

I feel like I'm super close to having the full loop on basic Docker stuff closed once I get my head around this issue and then can do advanced poo poo like have all my docker files located elsewhere and in a press of a button have all my dockers fire right back up on a new instance.

Which that above paragraph goal always confuses me, since these containers all have stuff sitting in AppData that it needs... so if I don't have that backed up or waiting for the container, how is it so turnkey? Then I get right back to the start and my understanding falls apart.