Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I'm fucken pumped for Chorus. It's probably gonna be terrible somehow but I LOVE 3D space shooty games, really not enough of those at all

Also Chorus is developed by Fish Labs which bites Everspace 2 quite a lot, it looks so similar. Everspace 2 is developed by Rockfish Games. Coincidence? Probably but it's pretty weird at the same time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czu1k-hcCzM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Feels Villeneuve posted:

my most listened piece was a classical piano piece based on a left wing anthem from Chile

Tell me more. My grandma was from Chile and I lived there for a year in high school.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Feels Villeneuve posted:

it's 'The People United Will Never Be Defeated!'

Awesome thanks that's really cool

Play
Apr 25, 2006

you should put a cool picture of the moon or jupiter or a pretty landscape or something on your phone imho

Play
Apr 25, 2006

cheetah7071 posted:

Here's my list, in the order I remembered to add them to my list, which is roughly chronological and not by quality. A little "sneak peak" of my goty post

Fire Emblem Heroes
Atelier Marie
FFXIV ShB
OoTR
Control
DOS2
Atelier Ryza 2
Bravely Default 2
Atelier Lilie
Nimpize Adventure
Master of Time
Gnosia
Chess
Touhou Luna Nights
Atelier Sophie
New Pokemon Snap
Subnautica Below Zero
SMT Nocturne
SMT4A
Legend of Mana
Code Vein
Shadowverse
Scarlet Nexus
Ashes of Erebus
Civ 6
Shadowverse Champion’s Battle
Project Ember
Pokemon Masters
Desperados 3
Crown Trick
Labyrinth of Touhou
Subterranean Animism
Unconnected Marketeers
SMT5
Blue Reflection 2

The most incredible thing, to me, about this list is that there's so many games on it but I don't agree on a single one

Crown Trick was okay I guess and so was Subnautica Zero but it's still uncanny

wow that's . . . really loving stupid

Draga posted:

The only fish I like is tuna and maybe salmon. Other fish can GTFO.

no hamachi!?? broooo....

Salmon, tuna and yellowtail are the jewels in the fish meat crown

But there's so many more good ones too

Play
Apr 25, 2006

GlyphGryph posted:

Inscryption is such an incredibly good game, I can't believe I only heard about it this week. Have I somehow missed all the chatter about it by chance or is it something people are sleeping on? I honestly think it might be my GOTY right now.

There's a whole thread, check it out. And yeah it's a pretty special game.

I still need to finish got a little frustrated after dying earlier than I did the run before a couple times. But I believe I'll get back to it eventually.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Realtalk wouldn't a beat em up (or "belt action game") be pretty good with a fight stick

'belt action game'? wow. i hate it

Play
Apr 25, 2006

cheetah7071 posted:

how can you disagree with a list sorted chronologically

I'm not disagreeing on the order ya dunce, I'm disagreeing that any of those games are good, at all. And meanwhile that out of all the amazing games I played this year none of them are on that list

it's just funny that people can and do absolutely love such different types of games and that is exemplified so dramatically here

Play
Apr 25, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

That's what they're called in Japan! Because you're on a conveyor belt really

It's... kind of cute I guess, knowing that. As if the video game is a physical object just conveying you along (I was actually thinking about it backwards like it referred to the scenery being conveyed along behind the character but it still works)

However beat 'em up' is also really great and has this nostalgic 80s feel to it that I appreciate. Like, there's no way some new genre of video game would get a name like that these days

Play
Apr 25, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

December 5: Highfleet

Is there anyone who really likes this game, am I going to find something I like in here

A lot of people love it, there's a whole thread.

I will admit to being one who bounced off of it though. Just too much that wasn't self-explanatory, I tend to not like games that demand so much. And it IS a demanding game that demands you think hard about a lot of things, and also isn't THAT clear about its systems and mechanics.

Love how it looks though and I'm glad people are enjoying it.

Rarity posted:

Shoutout to all the real ones who's first video game sunset was outside Hyrule Castle in Ocarina of Time

dap

Muscle Tracer posted:

So I tried out early access indie game Mini Healer, and I rate it a solid 2/5. On the one hand, it DOES have the sweet sweet healing action that I crave, with a simplified take on some familiar MMO classes like druid and paladin, and a pretty solid spread of abilities and talents. However... It's got the annoying indie trope of being so heavily pixilated that it's almost impossible to read any text. It's got an MMO-like reliance on equipped items but the item comparison screen doesn't show you comparative values, making it very hard to assess loot. It's got three other party members, but you still have to control who they target, and for some reason your gear influences the damage they do, instead of them having their own equipment. It's also JUST boss fights, which I get, but means that each fight only lasts about 2 minutes tops since there's no trash or minibosses or anything. All in all it's got potential, but it's honestly not focused enough on what it's trying to be.

Maybe try Looking for Heals? It's a bit different, an action roguelike where you go through dungeons healing, shielding, and resurrecting your dudes. But similar idea equally based on MMO healing mechanics

A Sometimes Food posted:

You still shouldnt' recommend it to someone with addiction issues.

Also has anyone tried Chorvs? is it any good? I like arcadey plane/spaceship dogfight things and I'm interested.

It loving owns. Do yourself a favor and pick it up if you like spaceship dogfights because that's what it's all about. Feels great to play, looks amazing and has an intriguing world and story to boot

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Worst part is it's 40 bucks. Definitely worth it to me, I love it, but I could see an argument that it should be 30 or so.

There's a free demo you can try, although from what I can tell it doesn't necessarily have the best parts in it but would at least give you an idea.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

Today I finished CHORVS. Overall, I really enjoyed this game despite it seemingly coming out of nowhere. Very nice surprise.

Could you tell me, with spoilers if necessary, how close I am to the end? I'm just about to do the battle where they reset the dish to shoot energy and make a door into the rift.

Hoping there's still a decent amount of game left?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

That's in the 3rd area right? Quite a bit of game left after that. The whole campaign took me 17 hours to beat, doing almost all of the sidequests and optional activities.

Yeah, I think it is. I've been doing every single sidequest I could and I think I've gotten them all. Probably haven't though.

How many areas are there total?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Muscle Tracer posted:

is CHORVS a HOTAS kinda game, a controller kinda game, or a KB+M kinda game?

I think controller is the best way to play but kb+m works fine.

I wouldn't use HOTAS for it even if I had one, it's well-optimized for controller

Play
Apr 25, 2006

redreader posted:

I have a gaming pc wired up to ethernet, and a wifi router.

I want to play games on a laptop or tablet with a gamepad while sitting on the couch. What are good apps or whatever, for doing that? My computer chair (work and gaming are in desks opposite each other in the same room, but I use the same chair) is starting to hurt my back and I want to be able to game on the couch or in bed. I can use my switch or 2ds but I want something for playing pc games. Any ideas? I have a couple of macbooks and a tablet, and various controllers (switch pro, ps4)

I suppose I'm asking about steam mostly. Can tablets stream steam games and connect to a ds4?

Do you have a TV opposite your couch? If so you could just plug your PC into it and play from the couch that way

Play
Apr 25, 2006

redreader posted:

Yeah! I used to do that. But I have kids who are 1 and 3 and they like touching things and pouring water on things. I used to have a couch pc setup with my monitor on the coffee table, and my monitor had a big crack in it one day and I had to chuck it away. Sunday I took apart the ps4 universal remote because my son had poured water on it.

well... get your fish children in line. now that they are living as humans they will have to adjust

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Looper posted:

i finished the story mode of team sonic racing yesterday. it's, good.

what I couldn't believe about team sonic racing (I think it was that one anyways) was how loving HARD some of the events were in what I think was the story mode

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Microsoft REALLY needs to make a wireless xbox controller with lithium ion rechargeable batteries. So you can just plug it in when it needs a charge or you're done using it.

What is this the loving stone age?? Double A batteries get the gently caress out of here. More importantly, my work is starting to get suspicious about all the batteries going missing

e: wait a loving second is that kind of what this is albeit third party? anyone ever used one of these?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/1800mAh-...e-Kit/366484259

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Oh man, they're ENERGY EFFICIENT NFTS not just planet-killing ones.

Am I wrong to say that an 'energy efficient NFT' is probably the exact same way they store other information like what items or currency are associated with an account...?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I said come in! posted:

Microsoft has literally been offering this since the release of Xbox 360. https://www.xbox.com/en-us/accessories/batteries-chargers/play-and-charge-kit

what the gently caress.... how did I never know this? the whole time it looked like it just takes AA batteries and it's that simple, I never thought about a lion battery being made which fit directly inside

man. im stupid!! sometimesd i amaze even myself:)

hatty posted:

Xbox controllers using batteries may seem bad on its face but it’s good in the long run and leads to less E-Waste. It should come with an easily removable lithium ion though like the 8bitdo controllers do that’s a happy medium.

Yeah that's really what I would like. Every one comes with it's own rechargeable lion battery right inside then you can get another one if it ever dies.

Because it doesn't lead to less e-waste when you are forced to use AA batteries. And rechargeable AA batteries are pretty much all scams and don't work.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

alright i just bought one. hell yeah.

the double A battery holocaust can finally end, and we can begin to heal

and my work will never find out who the culprit was muahahahaha

Play
Apr 25, 2006

homeless snail posted:

are you a time traveler from the early 90s or something, rechargeable AAs have been good for a long time. im still using eneloops that I used in xbox 360 controllers 15 years ago in xbox one controllers and they hold a charge just fine

I guess I am a time traveler from the early 90s, in a sense. low-speed time travel

Play
Apr 25, 2006

The comics NOT about superheroes are the best comics, period, and it's a drat shame so much time and effort goes into making the exact same thing over and over again w/r/t superheroes

Jay Rust posted:

Surreal 10-sec YouTube ad I just got:

Male voiceover: “I never thought I’d work at Amazon. I needed a job to support my family, they had one, and I took it.”

Amazon :)

'I never thought I'd be a crack addict. But I was desperate and alone, the man on the corner had some and I took it'

Crack :)

Rarity posted:

Huh, my internet went down and I can still play my game plus it doesn't delete my character if I don't play for a few years. Weird.

I do all of that without physical media as well. That's just single player games.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Feels Villeneuve posted:

me when i post about marvel movies sucking rear end

it always makes me laugh so hard. it just looks like a bot bellied little boy in a blue suit

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Looper posted:

heathcliff guy's cousin was the original writer of the archie sonic comic and brought us scenes like this

someone, maybe even the artist themselves, wanked to this

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Grouchio posted:

Should I bother trying to buy a PS5 if I rarely use my PS4 nowadays? (I have a GP65 Leopard laptop with Gtx2070 nvidia)

I wouldn't but you do you

To the other guy I heard Spiderman or whatever was pretty good

Play
Apr 25, 2006

'the only good vtuber' is just a really funny phrase to me for some reason

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Gonna play more Wolfstride tonight and maybe try to finish Chorus. Or maybe just veg out on some Rider's Republic.

Rinkles posted:

She said some stuff that maybe was supposed to be motivational but made me feel like crap. I noticed I didn't fully trust her, and it began to affect what I said, and I would dread appointments with her. She also was always late (once it was an hour) but never said anything about it, and ignored my request for phone calls in place of zoom despite agreeing to it (probably just forgot), but that's all secondary.

she sounds real lovely, man. or to be charitable a very bad fit for you. good call

i wouldn't take the whole 'won't cause any issues or delays' as gospel though, from personal experience

Play
Apr 25, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

Who will be watching DA GAME AWARDS tonight. I am hoping for Hellblade 2 gameplay, TMNT release date, and RE8 DLC announcement.

the what?

BisbyWorl posted:

Formal release two days ago, preordering let you start playing last friday.

that is still... quite the schedule

FirstAidKite posted:

This is Brownie (Browny? Browney? Idk, we didn't name him so idk how the owners spell it).

This has audio
https://i.imgur.com/BQO7quV.mp4

Do you know the neighbors across the street? Would be better if an owned cat was inside where it can't have a negative effect on local wildlife. At the very least Brownie should be neutered if he's wandering around randomly. Maybe they would agree if there were a free service in your area? Sometimes you can get people to agree to it.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

also this is cool thanks for bringing it to my attention

Play
Apr 25, 2006

a game that literally requires you play it constantly if you want to keep playing it at all. what a marvelous innovation

Play
Apr 25, 2006

People also queue behind the 7/11 down the street from my house waiting for the crack dealer to wake up, doesn't mean we should all start smoking it

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Herstory Begins Now posted:

crack would get loving incredible day 1 steam and metacritic reviews

those day 2/3 reviews though.... ouch

Jay Rust posted:

Gamers are a joke

i will battle your face in for this flippant, disrespectful comment

Play
Apr 25, 2006

External Organs posted:

He lived inside each one and spun the wheels so they worked. Also the dog from duck hunt? His loving dog.

how great could this guy possibly be if he raised a dog to be such a disrespectful rear end in a top hat. booo

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I said come in! posted:

Hopefully this serves as a warning to others wanting to adopt anime to live action.
https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1469082839882862599

I liked it :(

Jay Rust posted:

I'll be playing games, and I suggest you all do the same

*sigh* . . . well, I guess so. just this once though, okay?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Mode 7 posted:

I only watched the first few episodes but thought it was entertaining enough when it wasn't trying to slavishly recreate stuff from the anime, because any time they tried to just be "the anime but now in live action" they came off infinitely worse for the comparison. That high energy trailer they did was better, to me, than anything I saw of the show.

Spike and Jet's more openly friendly dynamic was nice, and Faye's actress was doing what she could with what she was written. I don't know if I enjoyed it enough to be bothered watching the rest of it.

Fans who are strongly invested in things throw a fit any time an adaptation of a work in a different medium isn't a 1:1 replication of what they're already familiar with though so I can only imagine how much worse the already astoundingly negative reception would have been if they actually tried to do anything different.

I definitely think the last three episodes were probably the worst. I liked how the anime handled the whole Julia thing better, even though that was pretty ham-handed as well. But I do agree that Jet and Spike's relationship was handled better, and the changes made to Faye's character had to be done. Not perfect but I'm disappointed that I won't see any more.

The show was better when it was just doing some wacky stuff that was fun rather than focusing on vicious, spike and julia (which actually overall was a pretty small part of the original series).

External Organs posted:

He was a vegetarian and hated hunting. He survived on a steady diet of mushrooms and lint.

ah, okay. I should really learn to listen for the whole story before I go off judging people like that, you know?

I'm sorry mr. tiny mushroom man with the activist dog. godspeed you mad bastard

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Grapplejack posted:

bro what the gently caress did they do to gollum

What the gently caress did they do to my BOY!??

Like... how could you gently caress it up that bad. Literally just copy the movie version

Comrade Fakename posted:

It would be nice if Psychonauts won something, it really is fantastic.

I can't believe some of the games it lost to lol. Bad

Gripweed posted:

Oh poo poo, I remember that. Specifically, I remember people pointing out that you can tell from the instructions on the container that the normal pills aren't actually psychiatric medicine, they're clearly antibiotics.

There are definitely legitimate questions about whether dosing children with amphetamines because they have trouble focusing is a good idea. If it were anything else, and especially if it were depression medication, I'd feel a lot differently.

That being said from the music video it's not immediately apparent that that's what it is so yeah it's pretty bad

Also all streamers/vtubers/whatever are loving garbage who produce nothing of value, try and prove me wrong

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I said come in! posted:

Announcements last night that i'm excited for:
Alan Wake 2
Forspoken
Hellblade 2
Sonic Frontiers
The Expanse
Tunic
Homeworld 3
Cuphead DLC

Pretty much same except Sonic Frontiers doesn't thrill me, and I'd be infinitely more interested in The Expanse if it wasn't a freaking tell-tale game and was an actual good game with interesting gameplay and systems.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Larryb posted:

Apparently Telltale is mainly just publishing the game, Deck Nine of Life is Strange fame is doing most of the work from what I hear.

Maybe a little better but I'd want some kind of action/adventure/RPG kind of thing which is obviously not what we're going to get.

I'd even settle for an RTS or some other kind of strategy game but that narrative format is just boring to me at this point. Similar issue to the Quantic Dreams star wars thing, yeah David Cage sucks balls but also Quantic Dreams makes boring games

Play
Apr 25, 2006

should've been star wars pod racer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I should have known that my advent calendar plans would evaporate on contact with Endwalker, I have to resign myself to making it an aspirational list rather than give myself more anxiety in trying to keep up... I barely manage to do my Persona 5 daily session lol and I am going to have to find some time to do the palace this weekend....

I hope you're at least getting overtime for this, jeez. Tell your boss to lay off a bit, you're already working as hard as you can

FirstAidKite posted:

Vinesauce Vinny, Vinesauce Joel, RTGame, and Jerma are all good

I believe you believe that, but I don't know who those people are. I'm sure they are good and pleasant but I have trouble believing they add much value to.... anything, really.

I'm just being smarmy though. I don't like streamers, I find the whole concept pretty awful so of course I feel this way.