Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

Buttchocks posted:

BYOB is like eating crayons: a little immature, sure, but it's also colorful and non-toxic.

I enjoyed this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
did anyone post "get out while you can!!"?

b/c in that case disregard that, whoever told you that we're the "kill forum" must be out of their minds, i cant imagine what could possibly have made them say that

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

google THIS

Nosfereefer posted:

did anyone post "get out while you can!!"?

b/c in that case disregard that, whoever told you that we're the "kill forum" must be out of their minds, i cant imagine what could possibly have made them say that

That only happened like three times, sheesh, can't let people live down a simple mistake I guess

more falafel please

forums poster

on your first day of byob, find the biggest, welcomest thread and post about burriots and crimes and pets in it

if you don't do that, you can do it the next day it's cool

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

more falafel please

forums poster

byob is this entry about fyad on the SAclopedia from forums poster c. cardigan nearly 18 years ago, except completely unironically:

quote:

FYAD is the cool place to hang out. You can find most of the cool people there. In FYAD you can just chill and do whatever and totally relax. "Take it easy" is the FYAD motto, for example, that's how laid back it is there. Show up if you want to have a good time. Another good reason to show up is if you want to hang out with friends.

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

google THIS posted:

That only happened like three times, sheesh, can't let people live down a simple mistake I guess

Nosfereefer

let me put it this way: if all the corpses buried around here were to stand up all at once, we'd have one hell of a mash

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
Ooh we're doing tips?

Stay away from knives. Yes we are high. No that does not stop us from playing with sharp objects.

Actually don't stay away and instead get close to knives. Make 'em your friends. They're just misunderstood.

JNCO BILOBA

Love me that knife thread but also my yob

ELTON JOHN

more falafel please posted:

byob is this entry about fyad on the SAclopedia from forums poster c. cardigan nearly 18 years ago, except completely unironically:

i once posted in fyad and, wow, it seems like this is the opposite of the truth

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

ELTON JOHN posted:

:agreed:

more falafel please

forums poster

ELTON JOHN posted:

i briefly posted in fyad like 15 years ago and i think it's kinda like if you walk into a room full of a bunch of old friends who have their weird ways of talking to each other, you can't just walk in and try to keep up. it's not "bad" or "cool" its just some folks doing their thing and that's fine as far as i care. it's not really my thing i don't think, at least anymore

byob is literally that description though but not as a joke. like we got injokes over here but if you're like "what the hell do they mean about blue fluid 1x/month" someone's gonna be like "oh dang check out this thread" and then you get the joke

Andoman

Mae hen wlad fy nhadau yn annwyl i mi
I only joined the forums a month ago and have to say BYOB is my favorite sub forum by a mile - first place I check in each day, very chill and friendly.

Twenty Four

more falafel please posted:

"FYAD is the cool place to hang out. You can find most of the cool people there. In FYAD you can just chill and do whatever and totally relax. "Take it easy" is the FYAD motto, for example, that's how laid back it is there. Show up if you want to have a good time. Another good reason to show up is if you want to hang out with friends."

Truth, thought and said this many times and it still holds true

Twenty Four

Andoman posted:

I only joined the forums a month ago and have to say BYOB is my favorite sub forum by a mile - first place I check in each day, very chill and friendly.

chillinternet.club

cruft

Andoman posted:

I'm really glad you're here!

As for tips, my suggestion is to make a thread about any undeveloped jokes in your head and watch what everyone does with it. Sometimes there's not much that can be done, but other times wonderful things happen. I just made one while watching Star Trek and it's got some real knee slappers as replies.

Gramps

All you new 'Yobbers are off to a great start. Posting is good. Posting threads is extradoubleplus good. :justpost:

Ass-penny

op I love your av, I hope to see you around the yob

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Don't do it, op!

Unless you want to get in on the most epically elaborate bit that the internet has ever seen where where we all be nice and say kind things to each other every day.

:smugbert:

pnac attack

by Fluffdaddy

Andoman posted:

hell yeah

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
What you have to realize is that the 'YOB is a fierce battleground of ironic ownage. The more wholesome and nice you are to others here the more you're wrecking their poo poo. So if you want to be the alpha you have to be kind to everyone.

Gramps

Bright Bart posted:

What you have to realize is that the 'YOB is a fierce battleground of ironic ownage. The more wholesome and nice you are to others here the more you're wrecking their poo poo. So if you want to be the alpha you have to be kind to everyone.

Bright bart you are cool and a very good poster

haha fuckin OWNED :flame:

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

If you have thought about becoming a byob regular even once then you already are a byob regular in your heart

cruft

Gramps posted:

Bright bart you are cool and a very good poster

haha fuckin OWNED :flame:

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

ELTON JOHN posted:

id appreciate any tricks or tips, etc, to being a byob regular

i was going to post something here but i actually just kinda fell asleep at the ol posting rig so good night friend and good luck on your quest im rootin for ya

Trollipop

hippin and hoppin
if you don't byob the first frew times its ok i will byb for u i bmoeb's sometimes so here have a b i bfy and post up :chill:

barnold

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Trollipop posted:

if you don't byob the first frew times its ok i will byb for u i bmoeb's sometimes so here have a b i bfy and post up :chill:

Nosfereefer

the byob irregulars

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
The usual byobspects

Areola Grande

I can clearly recall being a lonely, sexually frustrated freshman yobber like u op. the good news is u still have like 12 senpais to choose from. and we've all noticed u already :nyan: ;)

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

Areola Grande posted:

I can clearly recall being a lonely, sexually frustrated freshman yobber like u op. the good news is u still have like 12 senpais to choose from. and we've all noticed u already :nyan: ;)

what has beastars done to you

Join the BYOB Army

thank you again Saoshyant!!

Areola Grande

your friend sk posted:

what has beastars done to you

:furcry: :lofty:

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Buttchocks posted:

BYOB is like eating crayons: a little immature, sure, but it's also colorful and non-toxic.

Also makes your poop turn a funny colour

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

biosterous posted:

it's a chat thread though for chatting, you can just come start posting in it :buddy:

also hi, welcome, my advice is: post, and read the threads, and if something is really funny or good then you should emptyquote it

https://i.imgur.com/1qBoiAi.mp4

Manifisto - 2023,Ass-penny - 2023,Saoshyant - 2023,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Manifisto - 2018,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2021