Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Game Over!

The old folks would talk about a time before demons walked the earth, before magic had become as common as a silver-dollar coin and worth as much to boot. The visitors from Hell that had first begun popping up in the 20’s and 30’s were now often-as-not fully immigrated to the mortal realm. No one liked the idea of demons walking the streets, sure, but they often brought with them delicious and tantalizing knowledge that they were able to leverage into positions of power, or they brought the so-called ‘Ghost Rock’ ore over with them from Hell. Ghost Rock was an incredibly efficient fuel source that doubled as a powerful and addictive narcotic, although it was usually prohibitively expensive to enjoy it as such due to the import taxes. On top of that, the demons usually behaved themselves. No one wanted to get sent back down below, and many demons actually found themselves in correctional work due to their penchant for rules and the suffering of others.

Not all demons found themselves working for the state, however. Back in the bad old days, the rules hadn’t been all settled yet, and a number of enterprising fiends sought to consolidate their power into organized crime. What were devils but the first and greatest Mafia? After a series of brutal wars and careful diplomacy, we ended up with The Outfit. The thing about The Outfit is that it just made sense. Terms were settled so that independent crews were a thing of the past, which created structure and accountability that had never been seen before in the mortal Underworld.

These independent crews, they didn’t like that so much. A bunch of hitters, fixers, and generally speaking, scumbags, got together and tried to knock the whole thing over back on its side. Here’s the other thing about The Outfit, you don’t gently caress with them. It didn’t go so hot. No one talks about it, but the collective memory of that incident defines many of the professional relationships that exist in organized crime today.

But that’s all history now baby, we’re in Miami 1970 and the scene is starting to heat back up. Organized or no, drug crime is flowing through Miami at a record pace. Over 70% of all drugs in the country are passing through South Florida. Drug money has corrupted banking, real estate, law enforcement, and even the fishing industry, whose practitioners are abandoning the pursuit of snapper and grouper for the transport of bales of Devil’s Weed, "square grouper" as fishermen call it, from freighters at sea to the mainland. About one-third of the region's murders are drug-related. The Outfit is still in control, but with Nixon’s newly formed “Office of Public Safety,” Warlocks with extreme judicial latitude have shown up on the scene and started knocking over bosses previously thought untouchable.

To outsiders, Miami still looks like the Sunbelt’s shiniest jewel. New hotels and office towers are rising in Miami, and once sleepy towns nearby are growing skylines of their own. The Rolls-Royces still roll royally along Palm Beach's Worth Avenue. However, those on the ground know something is bubbling beneath the city’s surface, and it’s about ready to explode.

Rules
1. Be a decent human, please don't get too personal and make me get involved.
2. No Krells. Sorry Krell.
3. Please no lurko. have more posts than me or else you are freely lunchable. if you don't post 5 times a day you are freely lunchable.
4. Do not post ANYTHING at all after hammer, or what you think to be hammer. Please respect this.
5. You're allowed to post through day actions.
6. Flavor is just flavor. Read into it at your own peril. Like for real.
7. No replacements after D2.
8. Do not quote your role pm itt. AT NO POINT MAY YOU SHARE DIRECT OOT COMMUNICATION. this includes screenshots, copy/paste, etc. if you're not sure please ask me.
9. Please don't fake day actions.
10. Death millers! !!
11. Don't edit post!

i reserve the right to exorcise you from the game at my discretion muh ha ha

thread for the first game from 2017 is here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3824643%94

this is a FLAVOR LIGHT game. I will not be going as hard as I have in games in the past, do not come in expecting a two page role pm this time.

i will start this game when i want! which is probably soon after it fills up. 17 18 people can play.

1. b-minus1
  2. Bifauxnen (surprise me)
  3. birdstrike
  4. CirclMastr
  5. Deadmeat5150
  6. dy. (cool dude)
  7. Hal Insandenza (he/him/hal)
  8. hambeet (he/him)
  9. Jen X (She/Her)
  10. Maerlyn (she/her)
  11. Mr. Humalong (w/e)
  12. PlasticAutomaton (He/Him/Whatever)
  13. Sandwolf (He/Him)
  14. TammyHEH (she/her)
  15. Toalpaz (She/Her & They/Them)
  16. Tobbs Gnawed
  17. Voodoofly (He/Him/Whatever)

The Graveyard
Hambeet, Giuseppe Cappuccio, Mafia Mason & Vigilante was executed day one!
CirclMastr, K’zbahk, Mafia Redirector & Party Host was executed day two!
PlasticAutomaton, Martez "Black Tuna" Alvarez, Mafia Gunsmith was executed day three!
b-minus, Officer Vassago, Town Inventor died night three!
JenX, Chip Hammond, Town Forewarned died night three!
Bifauxnen, Danny Goethe, Mafia Killer, was killed for quoting mod communication day four!
dy., Morris Levy, Town Inventor, was killed day four!
Sandwolf, Luis "Frankenstein" Fernando, Self-Aligned Hunter was executed day four!
Mr. Humalong, Rubio “Bang” Bruchelli, Town Inventor was killed night four!
Deadmeat, Burbagix, Mafia(Traitor) Mason & Jailer was eliminated day five!

we'll probably use discord so join this yeah https://discord.gg/RrFeY6YpX4

Somberbrero fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Jan 14, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

I can't say no to a somber game. Also:

Somberbrero posted:

6. Flavor is just flavor. Read into it at your own peril. Like for real.

You can't tell me what to do!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

:yeah:

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

10. Death millers! !!

Observer!

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

I thought you were out Somber. Well, you son of a bitch, I'm in.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I will pretend like I'm going to just observe but then cave later

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I’ll be the Death Miller tia

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
me play

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Yea please

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Ok but I wanna be a flipless double reverse death miller

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
gently caress it Im in

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
Back in COVID lock down and no border between home and work hours so let's heckin' go, my persons.

I'm still busy and just a fiend for deception...

Regrettably, I rescind my sign up.

Idle Amalgam fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Dec 29, 2021

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

I look forward to being vanilla town in a somber game yet again (somber I swear to god....)

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I'll play

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I really shouldn’t, and there’s a non-zero chance I forget the game exists for (irl, not in-game) days at a time, but I’ll play if you can’t get someone else more likely to show up

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
I'll volunteer as a replacement. I haven't got the time or mental energy for a full 17-person game just now, but I can at least fill in if you get someone lost along the way.

Also, Sombergames are very cool and carefully done and more people should join this one.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
In case it is deterring anyone from playing, there are no actual death millers in this game :shobon:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

In case it is deterring anyone from playing, there are no actual death millers in this game :shobon:

Lmao! Pretty sure you made me a death Miller once

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Yeah

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Join this game you cowards

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I’ll play to get my revenge on toal, sandwolf and voodoofly for not letting me save them.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

hambeet posted:

I’ll play to get my revenge on toal, sandwolf and voodoofly for not letting me save them.

I’m ready to see the light..

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

hambeet posted:

https://images.app.goo.gl/YBX5CTVe98cxx25e9

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

hambeet posted:

But do you have any of bifs beer left to share?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Voodoofly posted:

But do you have any of bifs beer left to share?

I just bought a slab so I can get on the turps.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

hambeet posted:

I just bought a slab so I can get on the turps.

But legit fun game. Thanks Cena thanks all!

lmao gettin on the turps is right

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Lol wrong thread

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

loving got in before I could ninja you sly dog

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

we call those two fours here, because because there's 24 of them in a large package. canada folks

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Two fours are eight here in upside down land.

You animals.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

hambeet posted:

Two fours are eight here in upside down land.

You animals.

we sell 8's in 6's here usually. Talk about inflation!

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Toalpaz posted:

we call those two fours here, because because there's 24 of them in a large package. canada folks

I recently learned this. I approve.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Toalpaz posted:

30/24 rack here

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
... you guys know anything about last night? Because I sure don't recall signing up for the player list... and I woke up with a headache, too. Huh.

Well. Guess I'll stay. One more for the heap.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Shellception posted:

... you guys know anything about last night? Because I sure don't recall signing up for the player list... and I woke up with a headache, too. Huh.

You asked to be a replacement, and you replaced an empty spot. Makes sense to me.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Sub Rosa posted:

You asked to be a replacement, and you replaced an empty spot. Makes sense to me.

Since there are no death millers are you playing instead? ...... :angel:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Shellception posted:

Just think of it as an offer you can't refuse.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I’ll play I suppose seeing as how I was in the first one

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Oh I also won the game, drat really have to play now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Somberbrero posted:

Just think of it as an offer you can't refuse.

... so that's what the horse head was about. Makes sense, I didn't recall the party getting that wild.