Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IshmaelZarkov
Jun 20, 2013

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Yeah, did you somehow miss the whole stereotype about country music being your dog died and your truck broke down and your girl left you

Also all the songs about murdering your cheating spouse

In fairness, it IS TYOOL2022 and we don't know the posters age. Country music has been... somewhat differently focused... since 2001.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IshmaelZarkov
Jun 20, 2013

precision posted:

the 60s were as far from the 90s as the 90s are from the nows

gently caress. We can't stop there being a new Austin Powers film, can we?

IshmaelZarkov
Jun 20, 2013

Jack B Nimble posted:

Does Fury Road count or is it just the exception that proves the rule?

I think in all these discussions we need to just pretend Fury Road doesn't exist. It's too perfect, it's like discussing the best weapon to fight zombies and someone brings up lightsabers. Mathematically speaking, the chance that a film of Fury Road's quality can exist is 0.

IshmaelZarkov
Jun 20, 2013

Casimir Radon posted:

Palin is still a nice guy.

If it ever comes out that Palin is a monster, I think I'll probably just call it quits.

IshmaelZarkov
Jun 20, 2013

ynohtna posted:

If he cries, he cries. :geno:

IshmaelZarkov
Jun 20, 2013

DeimosRising posted:

sorry but you should check your calendar

Anyone getting time wrong during TYOOL2022 gets a pass. This decade has been between three months and fifteen years long, and expecting people to know which is pointless and cruel

IshmaelZarkov
Jun 20, 2013

duz posted:

I hear the twist is that he's white

He's white?!

IshmaelZarkov
Jun 20, 2013

Bioshock has two hours of plot and six hours of collection quests, it's probably better as a movie than game.

That being said, there's absolutely no way it'll be done right. Would you kindly prove me wrong.

IshmaelZarkov
Jun 20, 2013

I played BI on the recommendation of someone who told me it was a real mindfuck.

I then played Spec Ops: The Line to have the same guy tell me it was a boring Medal of Honor clone and wasn't worth the time.

in conclusion, I know some truly confusing people and also Spec Ops is great and I need to replay it.

IshmaelZarkov
Jun 20, 2013

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

i rewatched Barton Fink the other day and it just confirmed to me that we missed our shot at them doing the best possible Blood Meridian movie with John Goodman as the Judge.

This is Vincent d'Onofrio erasure.

IshmaelZarkov
Jun 20, 2013

Stayne Falls posted:

Some of us aren't smug; we've just learned not to bet against James Cameron.

James Cameron directs good movies. I'm probably gonna be one of the folk seeing Avatar 2 opening night, cause whenever I've seen a James Cameron film it's been a good damned time.

Although, yeah, not going to be drinking anything for 12 hours before hand just to be safe.

IshmaelZarkov
Jun 20, 2013

joylessdivision posted:

Titanic was the first time I remember seeing boobs in a movie. On the big screen even!

The first time I saw boobs in a movie was Total Recall and, ngl, every subsequent set of boobs I've seen has been a disappointment.

IshmaelZarkov
Jun 20, 2013

Anonymous Zebra posted:

So, he's playing Eisenhorn, right?

Apparently his dream role is Valdor, but I can't see a Heresy era show being greenlit.

IshmaelZarkov
Jun 20, 2013

Alan Smithee posted:

The year is 2020 - 980

James Cameron Mk V has announced the completion of Avatar 5 and it’s a documentary

Legit though, if they released 3 hour nature documentaries narrated by Morgan Freeman from Pandora, I'd be there opening night.

Couldn't care less about the Avatar storyline, but the detail Cameron put into the world would be absolutely worth watching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IshmaelZarkov
Jun 20, 2013

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

Lost would have been way better if it had incorporated more wrestling storylines

e: John Cena's comedic chops has been one of the best surprises of the past decade

John Cena not just being funny in Peacemaker, but bringing genuine feels to a ridiculous character was a real revelation.

Now we just need the right director to bring Wolfenstein: the New Order to the cinema with John Cena as the lead and we're set.