Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Australian Survivor Blood Vs Water premiers on Monday January 31st! This season is their take on Blood Vs Water and is an interesting mix of reality TV stars and just random fans of the show. Don't think you need much to figure out what Blood Vs Water is... so here is the cast!

Few of the knowns are Sandra from US Survivor & also Mark & Sam who played on Season 2 of Australian Survivor and have gotten married since.

Anyway here is a cast write up I stole off of an Australian news site, but they don't deserve a link because they have one of the lovely side bar video players...

Alex and Jay – In-laws

Alex and Jay met after Jay started dating Alex’s sister. Now the pair will put their own relationship through a very unique test.

Amy & Khanh – Siblings

Amy and Khanh are set to put their closeness under a microscope. Charming and disarming, Amy is ready to make a name for herself after living in her older brother’s shadow, while former MasterChef contestant Khanh has a burning desire to win the title of Sole Survivor. And don’t be fooled, he’s willing to do whatever it takes, even if it means he has to lie, cheat and steal to get there.

Andy & Kate – Siblings

After Kate pushed Andy to apply for Australian Survivor: Champions V Contenders, not only is it Andy’s shot at redemption, but Kate hopes to make her own mark on the game.

Planning to use his skills as a professional poker player to read people, Andy’s also ready to try and play a more honest, fun, and good-natured game this time around.

Ben and Shayelle – Partners

Partners Ben and Shayelle realise the value of having each other on their Survivor journeys, especially when the going gets tough.

Chrissy and Croc – In-Laws

While Chrissy may not have a lot of Survivor knowledge, she is playing with Croc to keep his dream of being part of the game alive.

Croc’s strengths in the game will be his observation skills, as well as his brute physical strength. He will build genuine relationships and ascertain what makes people tick, how they behave and then make big moves when the time is right to eliminate his biggest threats.

David and Briana – father and daughter

Briana is competing for the title of Sole Survivor alongside her father, David. Briana says her dad is the skull crusher – the guy who is going to lay down the law while she is the entertainer and social butterfly.

Jesse and Jordie – brothers

Jesse has a tight bond with his older brother, Jordie who is playing alongside him and although the two claim to be polar opposites of each other, they are dedicated to becoming the perfect team.

Jordan and Josh – cousins

Jordan is playing with his cousin Josh and between the two, Jordan is the one who will be diving in headfirst. Although they are cousins, Jordan and Josh say their relationship is closer than most brothers.

KJ and Sophie – sisters

As a Survivor super-fan, Kate (KJ) comes armed with the knowledge she has taken on after meticulously watching past seasons, and is excited to play with her younger sister, Sophie.

Mark and Sam – husband and wife

Mark was last seen on Australian Survivor Season 2, where he formed a power couple with fellow castaway Sam. The two fell in love, were married in 2019 and have a son together.

Mel and Michele -identical twins

Mel is playing with identical twin sister Michelle, who she shares a “twin connection” with. They’re able to know what each other are thinking and can even feel each other’s pain.

Sandra and Nina – mother and daughter

Sandra is a two-time US Survivor winner and now she is ready to take on Australian Survivor and defend her international Survivor throne. Sassy and outspoken and having been a part of US Survivor five times, she is excited to be playing with a family member for the very first time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

And if you want to know how to watch this show. Paramount Plus has I think all of the seasons of Australian Survivor at this point (they might not have the first few seasons yet, but I think they are coming...)... I am not sure if they will be picking up this season as it airs or not.

The other option for watching is directly on 10plays website with a VPN. I use NordVPN and when I tried it a couple weeks ago, it did let me watch the shows when connecting through Australia!

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Paramount Plus now has all 6 seasons of Aussie Survivor! For the non-americans here, NordVPN should do the trick.

There's also a facebook group named after a certain phrase that Jeff speaks immediately after someone is voted off that has links to all international shows uploaded. (Can I say the name?)

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Haven't watched the premier yet, but this is the week! Australian Survivor is back baby!

Well I guess yesterday was the premier so already 2 episodes deep :lol:

SLICK GOKU BABY fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Feb 1, 2022

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

:lol: they brought Sandra in on a helicopter while everyone else is just on the ground wondering who they were bringing in... No way that would put a target on their back... :lol:

Image from US Survivor... but a spoiler for the 1st immunity idol on Australian Survivor...

SLICK GOKU BABY fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Feb 2, 2022

Per
Feb 22, 2006
Hair Elf
Nice job leisurely strolling over to the HII when you know another player also knows about it.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Ok chaotic first episode. Good job Aussie Survivor. This show really is something else.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

First 3 episodes were really solid Survivor. Really shaping up to be another really good season from Australian Survivor...

Also Jonathan's little spiels at the end of tribal are pretty funny... on par with the bazaar Survivor 41 immunity clue sayings :lol:

"Well, sounds like you got rid of 1 bad apple to save the bunch. But if you keep coming back to tribal, it better be you that takes the 1st bite..." :lol:

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Episode three was pretty great. Really excited for where this season goes.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Fun little bit from Episode 4 that is not a spoiler for anything...

You can hear the audio when Jonathan sets the tribe immunity down. It looks really cool but seems to be just some cheap & light plastic. :lol:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Episode 5 tribal spoiler... It's pretty hosed up to have your tribe scramble and strategize who to vote for only to quit at tribal council... Also good that we have 1 less non elimination episode from the episode 4 tribal...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

The reward challenges are quite comical this week. The overly brutal faceoff challenges you know and love from Australian Survivor... With rewards that seem a little not worth the effort... like kind of below average food rewards. Wanna know what you're playing for? Club sandwiches!

Per
Feb 22, 2006
Hair Elf
For a second I thought they were only playing for that single sandwich they were shown.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

The reward challenges are quite comical this week. The overly brutal faceoff challenges you know and love from Australian Survivor... With rewards that seem a little not worth the effort... like kind of below average food rewards. Wanna know what you're playing for? Club sandwiches!

I can't say I relate. Those sandwiches looked delicious and I haven't been barely eating for a week!

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

First week was good. Not thrilled that the show failed to tell us the tribal podium idol expired that night.
I loved the reward shop even with the potential super idol. Such an easy way to add drama.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I like how this shows people talking about the scripts they come up with for tribal council. It's something you don't see at all in the US version but is surely going on.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

The boat tug of war challenge is pretty drat cool & fun.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Dead thread but ill revive it to say something on this last cycle of episodes, and also the big move of the season

On this last cycle: Wow some atrocious play here. Big twist to flip the game on its head was kind of annoying and unfair while also being gratifying since it worked, but when KJ kicks Josh out with his immunity necklace on how does he not give it to his cousin? He's not an eliminated player, he's still in the game, and i mean I guess you could say he forgot but KJ even mentioned the necklace when she sent him out, it should've been very top of mind. And then how does Sam not play her idol when the best case is that it's a 4-4 tie? Even if nobody flips it's a scenario tailor made for the idol. Now I will say on this, if Sam intentionally wanted to go down to leave Mark with two idols then I guess this might be okay.

Then the big move of the season, the idol theft. It didn't turn out that bad since nobody believed it when Jordie shared it, and now Mark is lined up to the end game with two idols. And obviously it was absolutely massive and very well played off, my concern about it is that i think it made it so Sam couldn't win, on top of it being so likely to be exposed. Jesse is a guy everyone called "The Kid" and i dont think you can screw him over that bad and not poison the jury.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

The idol steal was an awful move for Sam personally but it was an incredible moment to watch and she’s manage to protect Mark through most of the merge before getting the boot. I think Sam did indeed want to go down and leave Mark with two idols.

I’m interested to see how final tribal goes if Mark makes it to the end. I could see him and Sam playing up that they made the most of the Blood vs. Water theme or it falling flat on the face and the jury saying he was dealt a sweet hand and was dismissive of other players.

I really wish Sam came back on a regular season because individually she seemed to be doing well. I know it’s a tv edit but some of the interactions between Sam and Mark have shown some really negative parts of Mark personality.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Yeah, Sam was killing it individually and then upon joining up with Mark at merge, it was painful to watch as she had to cut all her strong ties and good relationships for his. I think that's why she made such a big move betraying Jesse so brutally, because she was repeatedly frustrated in not being able to influence the game in any other way for several votes before then. I feel bad for Jesse but as far as the theme goes, Blood vs Water is delivering in an incredible way, and yes, the synergy of Sam sacrificing for Mark is a next level play, and Sam was fantastic.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Listening to Shannon Guss on RHAP and they all don’t think Kj has the edit to win. If an episode aired this weekend I haven’t seen it, I’m up through e22 I guess, but man I’ve thought she had a winners edit since forever ago. Straight after the stuff with her sister where she got a lot of content she had that hokey Iron Lady bit after she got stolen by the other tribe even though she was just trapped at the bottom there. It’s unnecessary content like that that had alarm bells going off for me. So even though it’d seem like Mark Josh and Chrissy can keep it together here and make f3 I don’t see it happening. Especially ssince I’d expect Josh to win if he makes the end and he’s gotten uhh the opposite of unnecessary content. We’ve been missing necessary content on him

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Just finished the season. It was great. I had only watched the last season with King George; so this was my 2nd AU Survivor. It's really good, and I find it to be WAY better than US Survivor for a couple reasons. 1. The longer format gives us more of a chance to get to know the people and their stories. 2. The challenges are awesome. They have WAY better mechanical engineers on their production team. Almost every challenge is some sort of adult playground obstacle course and it's amazing. They tend to rock endurance, strength, and some sort of puzzle into one challenge which gives other teams/people multi chances to catch up which makes watching the challenges more exciting.

Midway through this season I started watching S2 when Mark and Sam where first on it. I finished that season on paramount+ (vpn to aus), and I'm not saying this should be the new way to watch AU Survivor, but it was amazing for the story completion for that couple.

I skipped s1 and I'm a few eps into season 3. It looks like paramount+ aus doesn't have s5 for some reason. Is there a high res place I can watch that? I know they are on 10play, but for some reason it's pretty low res like standard TV or 720p.

Septimius
Aug 23, 2006

Fun season, but a bit anticlimactic, but it's understandably pretty hard to follow up the last 3 seasons of this show.

I wish they'd stop bringing families to watch their loved ones get annihilated in the final vote.

An Ounce of Gold posted:

Just finished the season. It was great. I had only watched the last season with King George; so this was my 2nd AU Survivor. It's really good, and I find it to be WAY better than US Survivor for a couple reasons. 1. The longer format gives us more of a chance to get to know the people and their stories. 2. The challenges are awesome. They have WAY better mechanical engineers on their production team. Almost every challenge is some sort of adult playground obstacle course and it's amazing. They tend to rock endurance, strength, and some sort of puzzle into one challenge which gives other teams/people multi chances to catch up which makes watching the challenges more exciting.

Midway through this season I started watching S2 when Mark and Sam where first on it. I finished that season on paramount+ (vpn to aus), and I'm not saying this should be the new way to watch AU Survivor, but it was amazing for the story completion for that couple.

I skipped s1 and I'm a few eps into season 3. It looks like paramount+ aus doesn't have s5 for some reason. Is there a high res place I can watch that? I know they are on 10play, but for some reason it's pretty low res like standard TV or 720p.

Yeah the challenges are fantastic, they really make the contestants work for it.

I had to find alternative arrangements for season 5, but maybe there is a legit option out there.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

At the start of that tribal I actually thought Chrissy might win but no votes at all!! Wow. Well done to Mark, you could tell everyone really liked him and he played a strong game. Pretty incredible to see even Jesse and Jordie voted for him considering. He should've gone out at 5, KJ and Shay must be kicking themselves.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

The exit interviews with Chrissy and Shay were eye opening. A lot of men on the jury were really harsh on them, to the point where Chrissy started crying remembering it on Rob Has A Podcast.

Mark and Sam really had a vice grip on this season but there were some pretty ugly moments. Definitely not the best Aus season.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Kind of unfair to be harsh on Chrissy, who was so secure all game through her social play and who then did strategically turn on Mark and Josh. That’s a good game!

Josh in particular was hard on her, I mean I get that she flipped on Mark at 5 unsuccessfully before he targeted her, but that was just the right move, and even then she blew that potential winning opportunity by not taking Josh out at the revote before he then targeted her the next round.

Good on Mark that at both 5 and 4 people banked on having his vote instead of the more gettable person. In addition to the women letting a f3 of all women slip through their fingers, Josh could have maybe had fire at 4 if he’d stayed with Chrissy.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

The new season of Australian Survivor is coming in January. Taking on the Heroes vs Villains theme. Supposedly with a slight twist in that it is 12 returning players & 12 new players on the cast. Play10 has officially revealed 4 of the returning castaways. I am pretty sure somewhere it was confirmed that Sandra's daughter, Nina is also returning for the new season (spoilers for the Blood Vs Water season: She got hurt and taken out of the game a couple episodes after Sandra was voted out)

https://10play.com.au/australian-survivor/articles/australian-survivor-2023-meet-the-castaways-in-heroes-v-villains/tpa221115imxtp

Winner of Brains Vs Brawn, Haylee returning along with the runner up, King George from Bankstown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Shonee and George on the same tribe, my god.